WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pricing/inflation, how is this not a bigger story?

TCHB

Reaction score
Stock market has been going up for a long time and most people do not take it out early. I think it is drunk with credit. Cheap money and longer payment terms.

Attachments

• 2C5442C3-183B-4B7C-ACC7-6F478D5486E5.jpeg
    2C5442C3-183B-4B7C-ACC7-6F478D5486E5.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 76

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Tragically, we all pretty much got screwed by obummer care. Even union peeps. But my f'ing union sure as hell wanted me to phone bank for joe burden and take some more harris.
Food prices go up, quantity down. A quart can is now 25 oz, so now you need to by two to feed your family. F'ed us twice.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
That or they can’t afford medical and servicing their debt on the shit they don’t need like vacation homes, new vehicles and toys.

At one time people retired without a bunch of debt.

Not sure its the same anymore. Watched a guy retire that works with me. Took his two pensions and moved to Henderson NV. Bought a house with a pool and bigger mortgage than he had in California. Then traded the paid off truck for a vehicle with a payment.
This is exactly why so many folks get themselves in a trick bag - credit/debt.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
It didn’t used to be so expensive. 3 years ago it was $.90 - $1 cheaper than CA.
Haven’t really paid attention to the differential but I would imagine with half of California not working prices are a bit cheaper? Maybe not🤷‍♀️

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Haven’t really paid attention to the differential but I would imagine with half of California not working prices are a bit cheaper? Maybe not🤷‍♀️

Most of CA is working, The differential has shrunk down to $.60-$.70 cents. I believe what @PlanB mentioned is exactly what happened to Havasu. It is being reclassified as a more desirable area so prices are going up there relative to other areas.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Been looking around at trucks in the 3/4 diesel platform. Ford you are paying full pop, Chevy hard to find and full pop for sure, Dodge seems to be some dealing going on with ok inventory. Start at 70k and go to 100k not even for the nicest truck.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Been looking around at trucks in the 3/4 diesel platform. Ford you are paying full pop, Chevy hard to find and full pop for sure, Dodge seems to be some dealing going on with ok inventory. Start at 70k and go to 100k not even for the nicest truck.
Hit up Dutton Dave. Nice white Denali for 66k brand new 4x4. I have been talking myself out of it each day. Wish he had a 1500 but if you buy it I will consider yours. My main guy wants a new work truck and I could use the write off. Found a nice crew cab Chevy new but it sold before I could get to the dealership to check it out.

Was truck shopping last weekend for a Tacoma for my Mom. 5k dealer market rate markup plus another 5k markup in theft tracker and BS. Non 4x4 or leather 46k for a new Tacoma. Got her 1 with 10k miles for 29k plus tax license.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
This single Mom down the street just bought a Dodge gasser to pull a small travel trailer, 1/2 ton fully loaded . . . good looking truck.
I'm not a Dodge guy, but it's nice.
She said she's paying $1,200.00 a month for 7 years. Quick Math = that's a $100,800.00 Dodge 1/2 Ton !
No wonder she's a Single Mom ! :rolleyes:

PlanB

Reaction score
Most of CA is working, The differential has shrunk down to $.60-$.70 cents. I believe what @PlanB mentioned is exactly what happened to Havasu. It is being reclassified as a more desirable area so prices are going up there relative to other areas.

The three stations I owned were in three cities that bordered each other. The one in the affluent area was always priced higher (my cost) than the other two. The fuel all came from the same refineries and the stations were all off of major freeways. No reason for the price differences other than the oil companies know they can charge more in areas where people have more money.

Like you stated, Havasu is a more desirable area and there has been in influx of money into the city. The oil companies are going to squeeze more profit out of the areas that have more people with money.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Hit up Dutton Dave. Nice white Denali for 66k brand new 4x4. I have been talking myself out of it each day. Wish he had a 1500 but if you buy it I will consider yours. My main guy wants a new work truck and I could use the write off. Found a nice crew cab Chevy new but it sold before I could get to the dealership to check it out.

Was truck shopping last weekend for a Tacoma for my Mom. 5k dealer market rate markup plus another 5k markup in theft tracker and BS. Non 4x4 or leather 46k for a new Tacoma. Got her 1 with 10k miles for 29k plus tax license.
Diesel?

PlanB

Reaction score
Just looked for it. Might of sold was lookinglast weekand slim pickings everywhere we went. There is 2021 Denali Diesel listed for 72k.

We need to give him a call. The burb we priced out with options was about 70K.

ETA: Is this Denali the XL?

NicPaus

Reaction score
We need to give him a call. The burb we priced out with options was about 70K.
They wanted 70k for a Toyota 4runner. 15k dealer markup and they were selling. Only had 1 left. I don't really need a new 2500 as mine is paid off but tempting for sure.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Price has always been higher in Havasu than elsewhere in the state with may be a few exceptions but it has always usually been lower than California. The only people making a killing on gasoline is the government. 😡

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Price has always been higher in Havasu than elsewhere in the state with may be a few exceptions but it has always usually been lower than California. The only people making a killing on gasoline is the government. 😡

I agree, but Havasu is creeping closer to CA in price.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
That’s the best way to be, I live in my own little world😊

Same!

Some people get all worked up about having the latest and greatest stuff...

Ten years from now that new Ford Platinum will be worth a fraction of the 100k sticker price.

That new car smell only lasts so long, no matter how much you pay for it!

@wash11

It's not so much about supply and demand as it is about interest rates. Rates are Low right now. Most people are payment shoppers.

This too shall pass...

I'm perfectly happy not giving a fuck in my bubble! 😁

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Same!

Ten years from now that new Ford Platinum will be worth a fraction of the 100k sticker price.

@wash11

It's not so much about supply and demand as it is about interest rates. Rates are Low right now. Most people are payment shoppers.

This too shall pass...

Exactly! Nobody ever asks how much does that car truck or whatever cost it seems to be how much is the payment. You can always buy a new car smell air freshener. 😂

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Same!

@wash11

This too shall pass...

Te novelty of that New Car wears off way before the Monthly Payments End. Way Before. ;)

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I’m still driving my 2004 2500 hd gasser I’ll fix it and put money into it rather than paying today’s truck prices. I need an econo car instead.

Being Satisfied, Content,Happy and Thankful for what you have and where you are in Life I a "Gift" and is a Wonderful to yourself and Your Family. These young couples that are saddled with Debt are not only hurting themself, but also their Children and the rest of us "IF" they end up "Filing"

wash11

Reaction score
Same!

@wash11

This too shall pass...

😂😂😂😂

Let's be super clear, my calculator doesn't have enough zero's for 70k new trucks and 50k used trucks. That was for ridiculous illustration purposes. I've managed to scrape together 20k but after looking at used trucks the last few days it's looking more and more like I'll be rebuilding or finding a good used 7.3 for my daily driver. At 340k it's got enough blow-by to unscrew the oil fill cap every 700 miles, about the same time I have to dump oil in it.
All that being said, anyone know of a low mileage mid 90's 7.3?
IMG_9545.jpg

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
😂😂😂😂

Let's be super clear, my calculator doesn't have enough zero's for 70k new trucks and 50k used trucks. That was for ridiculous illustration purposes. I've managed to scrape together 20k but after looking at used trucks the last few days it's looking more and more like I'll be rebuilding or finding a good used 7.3 for my daily driver. At 340k it's got enough blow-by to unscrew the oil fill cap every 700 miles, about the same time I have to dump oil in it.
View attachment 955601
killer truck!

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So, I live in the east, but same thing here. I got crushed - promised myself and God that I’d never put myself in that position again. Sold the paid for 16 year old boat, and the 4 year old 170,000 mile truck in August - all excited, I get a new truck. Went shopping with $65,000 in my pocket - couldn’t find anything that I could get out the door for that. Bought a 7,000 mile, 1 year old Merc C300AMG Coupe, $40,000 out the door- will wait until I find the right deal - thinking it will be before summer. Sidebar - everything in my world paid for, still working full time. I can’t believe how much different I sleep knowing it doesn’t matter what the world does, I can make it

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
$15K w/ only 58K miles ...came w/a $3500 snug top, new timing belt/ h20 pump etc. , new stereo/ speakers/ back-up cam, fresh hides, brakes, KYB shocks, fluids, weather tech floor-mats, carhart seat covers front & back, 3m ceramic wiindow tint including windshield ....I’m laughing !!! .... and for the ‘F-the Jap Trucks’ crowd ... it came from the factory in Indiana. Deals are out there.
5955FCE5-43E3-45F9-AE31-9DA3A3D0A6E5.jpeg

boatnam2

Reaction score
I actually think interest rates on trucks were better few years ago, big demand so manufactures aren't interested in given you zero interest for 94 months.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
No truck looks as good as money in the bank. Cash. Dollars. Not "credit limit" lol.

When you can pick up a one ton diesel dodge and drive it for 100-150k and still get 45-55k for it here in texas...its pretty freakin close when you figure in wear and that you have a warranty

NicPaus

Reaction score
The 2019 used Tacoma was able to get them down to 2.56 %. Thought it was good for used. Hit a few dealers today. Inventory is slim. Saw 4 different used Chevys 2018 like mine. They were all priced more than I paid new for mine and had double the mileage. One was almost identical with 40k miles asking 5k more than I paid new.

Here is a Dodge Cummins 4x4 with 11k miles I saw. 20201226_155005.jpg

77charger

Reaction score
I Like Your Style.
My truck was not my daily driver til this last year now i go between so cal and phx alot i put 16k since march when last few years i put 7k a year.But once things get going here it will be back to limited miles.Im an old school guy though too dont need new toys to look cool rather own what i can fix myself.

77charger

Reaction score
When you can pick up a one ton diesel dodge and drive it for 100-150k and still get 45-55k for it here in texas...its pretty freakin close when you figure in wear and that you have a warranty
Only way i would own a new diesel is with a warranty to many electronics to go wrong paying 3/4 of new with many miles and something breaks you sure as fuck know the repair will cost a fortune and then add to what you paid used plus repair its probably close to new truck price.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Only way i would own a new diesel is with a warranty to many electronics to go wrong paying 3/4 of new with many miles and something breaks you sure as fuck know the repair will cost a fortune and then add to what you paid used plus repair its probably close to new truck price.

I see it happen here. A client owns a dealer for used ones 100-150k miles..I hear the stories of guys buying and pumps failing etc and then they sit broken with loans on them. I'll likely sell him mine at 100k and just buy another new one. I like not having to fix shit anymore.

Reactions: DWC

petie6464

Reaction score
This same conversation was going on long long before I was even born and will be continuing long after I'm gone, carry on.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
😂😂😂😂

View attachment 955601

7.3 trucks hold their value quite well. Why not rebuild the engine in yours? That would be the most cost effective option.

Lemme know if you need help with this.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I've been on a pretty frugal journey the last few years which has put me out of touch on current pricing. I've got some upgrades and replacements to do in 2021 and have been putting a loose plan together.

$70,000 3/4 ton pickups, $11.00 2x4's, 5 year old boats selling for more than they cost new, $50,000 side by sides, 400k+ 1400sq ft homes in Havasu, $1.00 per round ammo- the list goes on and on. I hear people keep repeating, "supply vs. demand" and I get it but my buying power seems to be 1/2 what it was 2 or 3 years ago. The fuck happened? And, will it ever turn around or should I expect this to be the new normal?
[/QUOTE

Joel, just try to keep the mindset: never pay retail.

green tip ammo was prevalent for years; and cheap. Then government thought about civilians having access to armor piercing. Add that to general ammo shortage. Cheaper than dirt getting $39.99 a box. 2 bucks per round. Stupid.

70k trucks: mine stickered at $75. I got it for 60.
Paid $6,700 in sales tax and reg when it got it home..

$50kside by sides... let’s compare those to buying soda, beer, liquor, and crab legs...
All one needs to live is water, and nutrition.
point being the 50k side by side is a toy.

id rebuild your 7.3.. (maybe now I understand why it was so easy for me to sell my 1990 f250 xcab
Long bed diesel XLT.. original owner. Me. I got tired of fixing stuff all the time...

C-2

Reaction score
My truck was not my daily driver til this last year now i go between so cal and phx alot i put 16k since march when last few years i put 7k a year.But once things get going here it will be back to limited miles.Im an old school guy though too dont need new toys to look cool rather own what i can fix myself.

Same here, I'm about to turn my 03 V10 Excursion w/130K into my daily driver and sell my 04' Infiniti FX to save on monthly insurance. And pray I never get called into the office in downtown LA!

I can't handle all the gadgets on modern washers and think it's foolish to rely on so many electronics in cars/trucks. F* that, a simple bluetooth stereo and my phone is all I need and I'm good...

just_floatin

Reaction score
Same here, I'm about to turn my 03 V10 Excursion w/130K into my daily driver and sell my 04' Infiniti FX to save on monthly insurance. And pray I never get called into the office in downtown LA!

I can't handle all the gadgets on modern washers and think it's foolish to rely on so many electronics in cars/trucks. F* that, a simple bluetooth stereo and my phone is all I need and I'm good...
Bingo. Full coverage insurance on a 2002/2500 Silverado, 2003/Sequoia,1998/Wrangler, 2008/Honda tow car, 2018/C class RV, 2007/Kawasaki Teryx. $225.00 per month. Older vehicles are cheap to insure and maintain. Just carry a small toolbox everywhere you go.

Reactions: C-2

Carrera205

Reaction score
😂😂😂😂

View attachment 955601
I bought a 7.3 about a year ago now and shes got 380k on her. Still running like a champ Ill drive it until I die. My wife drives a 2016 yukon and I hate that POS Ive put more money into it than my old truck.