WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Explosion in Nashville This Morning

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Some of the stuff I'm seeing online is even dumber than this.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the explosion of a beater Class C motorhome on a city street isn't the work of a sophisticated terrorist organization.

:rolleyes:
Thanks for contributing shill now let the adults talk and head on back to the kiddie table

Last edited:

SLT Kota

Reaction score
I am about 2 hours outside of Nashville. The famous AT&T building known as the "Batman Building" wasn't what was attacked but rather the building with all of the computer/network equipment. We have a very similar AT&T building in Chattanooga that is just a big box with no windows because no one works inside. I've joked for years that it looks like a giant bomb shelter, we even had several foundations raise money to paint a mural on the side because it was so ugly.

Something that I haven't seen reported as much is that due to the blast (and subsequent AT&T outages) 911 stopped working across middle Tennessee. The local news was giving out alternant phone numbers for people to use in an emergency.

Walmart this morning was cash only with a noticeable increased security protocol in place, I've also seen several gas stations in the area that are cash only today.

I'm not a tin foil hat kind of person but it certainly like someone was trying shut down the AT&T grid in the area with as little human harm as possible. I have a feeling we will never know why but it might have done exactly what they were trying to accomplish.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

4Waters

Reaction score
Me being both a tinfoil hat guy, and a sick bastard, makes for a clean getaway.
Off the owner, steal the RV, dispose of the body by blowing up said RV...Strike your intended target, while giving law enforcement a body to end the search...tracks are covered.
Think about this much🤣🤣

zhandfull

Reaction score
Probably not a great time to be traveling around the city late at night in an RV.

Damn homeless can’t catch a break!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Think about this much🤣🤣
My tinfoil hatness, or ways to cover tracks?

Something tells me this is more of a test for soft targets.
Those Ma'Bell buildings are pretty much the same across the country, in terms of structure and appearance. The internet has had issues quite a bit already in some states. I'll miss shooting the shit with you all here, but RD will get to host an epic party afterwards.
House is prepped, wife knows what needs doing, and kids are old enough to understand the fuckery afoot.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Me being both a tinfoil hat guy, and a sick bastard, makes for a clean getaway.
Off the owner, steal the RV, dispose of the body by blowing up said RV...Strike your intended target, while giving law enforcement a body to end the search...tracks are covered.
One tin hat to another. What if I told you the said RV did not contain a bomb and the lamp post emitting the verbal warnings? 🤔

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
One tin hat to another. What if I told you the said RV did not contain a bomb and the lamp post emitting the verbal warnings? 🤔
Well, a lot of old town/downtown areas have sound systems for music and ambience. If they were a wireless platform, would be easy for people that do that stuff. For that matter, mounting a wireless PA would be easy to do, especially if you have the proper looking van and uniform. Same could be said for panting charges as well. RV could just be easy cover and diversion.

Really, the possibilities are many. If it were to be an actual "Lone Wolf", we will be just fine. Nothing more to see here. If this is the first of multiples, different story.
The recent hacks into the DOD and other three letter groups has let us know what can be happening. Those are complex attacks, things I cannot understand. Now, several years back there was a blackout in California. A seemingly mundane substation was taken out. Well, it was a keystone. It's damage took out a fair amount of the surrounding grid. Not random. 7.62 rounds found to have done damage. Not real complex, but very effective. In central Az we had a network outage. No cell or internet north of Lake Pleasant. A hole was dug, and the fiber optic lines connecting us to the world were severed. Middle of the desert, but someone knew.

Nordie

Reaction score
What’s a reliable communication backup plan? Ham radios?

I've been bringing this up more and more lately. A lot of repeaters will go down if there was an attack on communications. Antennas and knowing where to go on Simplex will always get you coms. CB is not a bad idea either.

4Waters

Reaction score
I've been bringing this up more and more lately. A lot of repeaters will go down if there was an attack on communications. Antennas and knowing where to go on Simplex will always get you coms. CB is not a bad idea either.
What is simplex

Reactions: DWC

yz450mm

Reaction score
What is simplex
UHF/VHF Radio to radio direct comms..

Repeater towers are up high on mountain tops and take your radio signal and rebroadcast it a longer distance.

Handhelds are pretty much line of sight, but can go pretty far if you have that line of sight. Base stations can go much further with a proper antenna, and if you have a mobile base station in a vehicle that can get up high you can also get some good distance.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I’d be making sure your communications and home back up power systems are good to go for January

Read between the lines

I got the story but can’t say more
It worked, didn’t it?

1609045108490.jpeg

zhandfull

Reaction score
Sounds like cash is a must have as well with network down.

Nordie

Reaction score
What is simplex
UHF/VHF Radio to radio direct comms..

Repeater towers are up high on mountain tops and take your radio signal and rebroadcast it a longer distance.

Handhelds are pretty much line of sight, but can go pretty far if you have that line of sight. Base stations can go much further with a proper antenna, and if you have a mobile base station in a vehicle that can get up high you can also get some good distance.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

This is it pretty much explained. CB is also Simplex, but it operates in HF (high frequency). CB would definitely be good to have, because a lot of people are running around with CBs. The thing about it is, if communications go down, it's not like you can call or text your buddy to see what simplex frequency they are talking on. There's a pretty good group of us Hams here in the Vegas Valley that have already established a couple of Simplex frequencies to tune into. We have all pretty much talked on them and we all live all over the Las Vegas Valley. If not someone can relay a message if we can't quite hear each other.

Old school HF can get you all over the world. VHF and UHF, they will not travel as far.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I have a secret clearance and am one of only 3500 folks out of 330 million that deals with this stuff both putting it together, dismantling it, and figuring out what was used when it occurs

Not going to post on a boatINg site what I know about something that happened 30 hours ago.

It wasn’t a shaped charge like OK, it was poorly constructed for building defeat

It’s not a govt backed lie.
We damn well know the ingredients

That’s all I’ll say

LowRiver2

Reaction score
...says the govt employee 👀
Sorry
When it comes to Bombs, no one in CONUS is lying
Too many hands in EOD on fed, state and local level to not allow a cover up.
the only secrets are our craft tactics and that’sTo slow the bad guys tactics to defeat what’s in place protection wise

Or you can believe I’m the enemy
Whatever works for you

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Sorry
When it comes to Bombs, no one in CONUS is lying
Too many hands in EOD on fed, state and local level to not allow a cover up.
the only secrets are our craft tactics and that’sTo slow the bad guys tactics to defeat what’s in place protection wise

Or you can believe I’m the enemy
Whatever works for you

It was an explosion...who said anything bombs? I’ve exploded lots of shit (on accident ) without a bomb. Just think of the possibilities had I figured out what I fucked up and actually did it over like I mean it....hypothetically.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So, we are all in agreement though, it Was Not, the Triton spark plugs?

The chemical compounds used for these things are either the cool stuff few have access to, or the same stuff available to people from Bakersfield to Camelburpistan. I would think the guys who train with this stuff would know the difference, like the rest of us being able to tell the difference between C16 and Diesel.

Looking at the pics online, this blast looks nothing like OKC. If someone was so inclined, the same effect could have been attained. Different outcome desired, lack of planning? Don't know. If there was only one life lost, maybe that of the perpetrator, I'm good with some phone and network issues.

Sherpa

Reaction score
Great. Now employers are gonna be hating on employees living in their old ass RV’s near work so
Workers can live in better areas more remote.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I’d be making sure your communications and home back up power systems are good to go for January

Read between the lines

Not being a dick but...

If leo knows shit that is going be to detrimental to civilians but feel they are unable to let them know, does that really make leo "public servants" to serve and protect?

Seems like that is the exact opposite of what should be...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not being a dick but...

If leo knows shit that is going be to detrimental to civilians but feel they are unable to let them know, does that really make leo "public servants" to serve and protect?

Seems like that is the exact opposite of what should be...

Soke details I am sure can’t be released as it would inhibit the investigation..

That said at some point our government decided they know what’s best for us, and transparency became clandestine.. I blame J Edgar Hoover for it mostly..

WYRD

Reaction score

Read between the lines

Happy New Year🍾🎆🎇

Reading about credible threats against phone companies and power substations