WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

work boots/shoes...

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I've done the bulk of all my projects in just some nikes and well, they dont hold up well to the abuse. Nor do they offer any type of protection against saw blades, sparks from welding, etc. What are you all wearing?

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I've had great luck with Redwing chukkas, Georgia's, just tried TwistedX and those are absolute trash. Ordered a pair of Rockport chukkas and am hoping they are nice.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Timberland Pro Hyperion - you can get them in soft toe, steel toe, or composite toe. I was wearing Die Hards for years then they changed the materials and they refused to break-in. RedWings are overly expensive and I've had couple of bum pairs, these Timberlands are comfy from the time you put them on and even though they look raggedy after about a year, they're still waterproof and comfortable.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’ve tried to save money a bunch of times over the years on lesser boots and always regretted it.

I buy red wing pecos pull ons. I puke everytime I see the price tag, but saving $100 or so on cheaper ones has always been a mistake.

I realize there are better boots out there, but those are the ones I use.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Georgia Boot or Justin’s or ariatt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Red wings all the way. Make sure to buy the US made boots as they do last longer and are of better quality than the non US made boots.
image.jpg

Nordie

Reaction score
Are you talking like the new work style shoe I see a lot of people wearing, or an actual boot?

Boots I will say Danners every time. I wore a pair out the other night just because.

fmo24

Reaction score
I always liked wolverine durashocks.

sintax

Reaction score
Redwing Heritage for that middle range
Nicks Boots for the higher end

there was a thread a few weeks back that went pretty deep on the subject

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Wolverine's Durashock sole, "Trappeur" style. LIghtweight, super comfy, especially if you add upgraded liners. The soles don't hold too much dirt.

Wolverine Trappeur Waterproof Boots - W10323

4Waters

Reaction score
Irish Setter boots, they are made by Redwing so the quality is good just the leather isn't the same, it's still really good leather it's like their seconds. Really comfortable good price and durable.

wash11

Reaction score
I've done the bulk of all my projects in just some nikes and well, they dont hold up well to the abuse. Nor do they offer any type of protection against saw blades, sparks from welding, etc. What are you all wearing?

I put up a thread a couple years ago on this subject and still say, Whites Boots. I’m sure there’s guys here that are harder on their boots but I could probably get “honorable mention”, if not a podium finish with regards to the number of hours I’m in them and the terrible life they live in general. BTW, I have followed zero of the care instructions on these. None of the fancy oils, scrubs or cleaners that a guy should use on a pair of boots that approach $500.
16 different measurements done at home to be sent with your order mean you get your first pair of boots that actually fit. I was surprised to find that my feet are completely different in width and length and my right calf is still considerably larger from my skateboarding days.
Aching legs and lower back are a thing of the past, it was all shoe related.
IMG_1960.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonesfab

Reaction score
Redwings here. I have flat narrow feet. And one leg shorter than the other. I order them with a double soul on the left boot. I used to buy what ever the outlets had. These have helped feet pain tremendously. Yes I have spent a small fortune over the years but I am in them 12 plus hours a day.

Backlash

Reaction score
Danner.

See if you can return those Rockport boots. They suck and you'll blow them apart in a week. I was pissed at how quickly I wore mine out. One week. Never again.

sintax

Reaction score
Redwings here. I have flat narrow feet. And one leg shorter than the other. I order them with a double soul on the left boot. I used to buy what ever the outlets had. These have helped feet pain tremendously. Yes I have spent a small fortune over the years but I am in them 12 plus hours a day.

Next time you're due for a boot, check out Nick's Boots in washington. They're all custom made, they'll do different size and width L and R boots, different arch supports, whatever is needed.

fast99

Reaction score
Whites are good boots. I purchased Nicks boots in Spokane. Very similar to Whites, 1 steel toe and 2 regular boots. I am on my feet all day, the soles last about a year. The tops last about 10 years. My back and feet feel much better with them. If for some reason I wear other shoes or boots I am really sore after a few hours. At about $400 expensive, but long term not.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
When I was hanging drywall everyday I wore Georgia’s. When I’m in the office it’s red wing chukka weekenders or iron rangers. Now that I’m a cowboy I wear these
image.jpg

evantwheeler

Reaction score
For general around the house and shop duties, I love my Blundstone's. You can get them in regular or steel/composite toe.

You can order off of Amazon.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
redwing 877 or Ariat pull ons get my vote everytime

4Waters

Reaction score
These are what I wear.

manxman

Reaction score
I'm a regular shoe type of guy. I have a plate and 10 screws in my left ankle, so boots don't feel right because of the hardware. Can't stand shoes above my ankle's.
I was recommended Asic's or New Balance years ago. I recently found New Balance made steel toe shoes, so I tried them. I love them and I can get them in wide widths as well. Super light and pretty comfortable. Pretty reasonably priced as well.
MID412G1_1l.jpg

jones performance

Reaction score
i found a pair of irishsetters from redwing that fit my feet perfect and they lasted 3 years with zero care and i wore them everyday. i bought a new pair of them and i rarely wear shoes these days (havasu flipflop life) so i dont need any boots currently. i recall a couple threads here before on boots and custom shoes. when the need arises i will be taking a look into the brands that have been mentioned.

these are the irishsetters i have

https://www.irishsetterboots.com/wo.../mesabi-83826.html?cgid=work-safety-toe-boots

lbhsbz

Reaction score
For stuff like you work on around the house, I prefer those $20 Denali slip on things from Big5. Once their broke in good, you can just about step right into them. Real easy to kick em off and get 'em back on if you're in and out of the house so you don't track shit everywhere.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I was a die hard Red Wing man for most of my life but after having two pair that the sole deteriorated and turned gummy just sitting in the closet (having not yet been worn) , I have moved on to HyTest.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I really like these. Georgia Boots Romeo. Super comfy and slip on is nice.
View attachment 956049

This is all I wear! I have one pair of tennis shoes that I wear maybe a couple times a month other than that is romeos. One nice pair and one work. Once the we work pair wear out the nice pair become work and I get a new pair for nice. Actually just broke in a new pair over xmas!

I'll admit that they are a pain in the ass to put on when new but once broke in they're great!

Last edited:

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
I'm a regular shoe type of guy. I have a plate and 10 screws in my left ankle, so boots don't feel right because of the hardware. Can't stand shoes above my ankle's.
I was recommended Asic's or New Balance years ago. I recently found New Balance made steel toe shoes, so I tried them. I love them and I can get them in wide widths as well. Super light and pretty comfortable. Pretty reasonably priced as well. View attachment 956059
These are working well for me. Carhart 6” work boats are my alternates for when I got to get dirty. The boots are nothing special but the fit is good

D19

Reaction score
Tony Lama cowboy boots with rubber work sole. I love mine. They have had a lot of abuse and still fit great and are comfortable.

DLC

Reaction score
Georgia boots are my go to! I like the short chukka type and the medium hight boot, I also have a set of slip on boots, I think they are Justin they must be 10 years old and are comfy although I don’t wear them everyday. I like the flat sole w/ no heal.

I also recently got a pair of Merrill slip ons they are nice and easy, semi boot looking and very similar to the Romeos

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
This is all I wear! I have one pair of tennis shoes that I wear maybe a couple times a month other than that is romeos. One nice pair and one work. Once the we work pair wear out the nice pair become work and I get a new pair for nice. Actually just broke in a new pair over xmas!

I'll admit that they are a pain in the ass to put in when new but once broke in they're great!
I was told they are kind of an Oregon thing. LOL

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Been RedWing 10" for 15+ years, but they discontinued the ones I always had. Bought the last pair in the states in my size a year ago. Slip ons never worked for me, climbing and kneeling and such. Going to try Danners on the next go. About the same price as the boots I was getting...can't seem to stomach 5 bills for White's...not with how I'll trash them. I have my boots on, at a minimum, 7am to 12am...somedays longer.

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
Been a Red Wing guy since early 80’s checking grade in cheap boots no good.
Bought a pair of Irish Setters that are still around. Now that I mostly ride the pick up, still Red Wings!
5EC079A6-BE05-4C85-8CF6-7FC64949CC97.jpeg

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I was a Red Wing guy for years. Even bought the all USA ones. Kicked them to the curb the last time. I did everything I was suppose to to care for them, went to get them resoled and they said “No sense in that the leather is worn out”😳 Got pissed and went Die Hards a couple years, shit they lasted me the same. Decided to go back to quality boots and bought my first pair of Thoroughgoods. Only had them a couple weeks. What a bitch to break in but they do feel good. We‘ll see.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Always worn Georgia's, I tried a pair of Ariat and they looked good but were hard on my feet. No break in period with the Georgia boots so they keep my business.

Attachments

• Georgia.jpg
    Georgia.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 77

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I'm as white collar as they come but love having a good set of boots. I wore out my Red Wings and my wife bought me Toms :oops:. To be honest they are plenty for what I use them for (desert duty) but I'm going to try some Danner's or Thorogood's next. The amount of shit I have caught from my blue collar buddies for wearing Toms has been brutal.

Said Toms...
10015930-S1-1450x1015.jpg

Nordie

Reaction score
Yeah get you some Danners or Thorogoods, I'm not even going to quote you, we'll just pretend that comment never happened.

Toms does do some cool stuff with buy a pair and they donate a pair

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I've had great luck with Redwing chukkas, Georgia's, just tried TwistedX and those are absolute trash. Ordered a pair of Rockport chukkas and am hoping they are nice.
Georgia boots 👍😎

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
These are what I've been wearing for a few years now. Super comfortable and have held up quite well.
Screenshot_20201228-175715_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Firemanjoe

Reaction score
Another vote for White’s. They are pricey but money we’ll spend and 100% made in US.