WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera up date

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
The majority of the people building in the first two phases of the Riviera could pay cash for their home builds and the economy/interest rates will not have any influence on if the homes get built or not.

Thats all fine and dandy...however when things start going to shit a lot of those "kind" of people's income/assets are going to take a hit and they will be less likely to spend money. The ones being built now or in permitting will obviously go...but on remaining lots I respectfully disagree with you and predict a fair amount of empty lots remaining when the funny money the fed's been printing starts to slow. It's not like I spent 6 years of my life studying economic principles or anything like that...;)

Last edited:

grumpy88

Reaction score
Thats all fine and dandy...however when things start going to shit a lot of those "kind" of people's income/assets are going to take a hit and they will be less likely to spend money. The ones being built now or in permitting will obviously go...but on remaining lots I respectfully disagree with you and predict a fair amount of empty lots remaining when the funny money the fed's been printing starts to slow. It's not like I spent 6 years of my life studying economic principles or anything like that...;)
I hope nothing but the best for this project since the ground has already been graded but i work for a massive international company that is bracing for massive recession . When does the rack storage go in !

Hammer

Reaction score
I hope nothing but the best for this project since the ground has already been graded but i work for a massive international company that is bracing for massive recession . When does the rack storage go in !

That’s what sucks... they already graded and prepped the lot/property. People start saving their money it’s not going to be completely developed completely for 5+ years. I think a lot of people said it’ll take 10 years for the development to be completed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammer

Reaction score
The plans for my house in Marina View have been submitted to the city and I am planning on breaking ground in February. There are quite a few other houses in plan check and I think there will be at least 30 home starts this year in the Marina View neighborhood out of 70. Also there will be a lot of home starts in the Wren Cove neighborhood starting in mid to late summer of this year.

That’s great Racer! Congrats... but a 42% build out is going to look like shit. That place needs to be built out 100%. Anything less is going to look half ass from the water....

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That’s great Racer! Congrats... but a 42% build out is going to look like shit. That place needs to be built out 100%. Anything less is going to look half ass from the water....

I would argue the residents don’t care what it looks like from the water :)

Anyone that got into this project and didn’t expect the buildout of the area to take a decade or more was dreaming a bit.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score

I’d disagree, I think they will be more than happy to trade a little dust for less traffic and maybe some room to park a trailer on the lot next door.

Hammer

Reaction score
I would argue the residents don’t care what it looks like from the water :)

Anyone that got into this project and didn’t expect the buildout of the area to take a decade or more was dreaming a bit.

I’d disagree, I think they will be more than happy to trade a little dust for less traffic and maybe some room to park a trailer on the lot next door.

You guys both have valid points. It’ll be beneficial for people building. No arguing that.

I feel it’ll be the never ending 20 year development that’ll never get finished. I personally don’t like that aspect of the entire project. I’ll be there cash in hand when the economy tanks and people are dumping lots. Lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You guys both have valid points. It’ll be beneficial for people building. No arguing that.

I feel it’ll be the never ending 20 year development that’ll never get finished. I personally don’t like that aspect of the entire project. I’ll be there cash in hand when the economy tanks and people are dumping lots. Lol

If it dumps, I’ll be there, but I don’t think that will happen. Too much money escaping CA for it to drastically drop.

DWC

Reaction score
How old is the Refuge. 20+ years. They still have empty lots.
It is going to be interesting to watch the build out in Riviera. I think it will build out much faster than the Refuge. The views are going to be tough to beat. The launch ramp, docks and restaurants are a huge plus. Should be fun to watch from the sidelines.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Most likely security won’t allow you to park on the empty lot next door per the HOA rules. Ask me how I know. And I have lived in two master planned commmunities in Havasu, both are close to 15 years old and are still not built out.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
1 year in plan check 1 year to build then it goes bankrupt there is not any concession on the table property taxes haven’t be corrected yet great story

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It is going to be interesting to watch the build out in Riviera. I think it will build out much faster than the Refuge. The views are going to be tough to beat. The launch ramp, docks and restaurants are a huge plus. Should be fun to watch from the sidelines.

Agreed.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Here's a picture from last weekend. Concrete paving down to the ramps. The launch ramps will definitely be open for summer.

110801.jpeg

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Serious question, I have been wondering for a while now. Is there any plan for some sort of breakwater? The water gets pretty rough through that area and it's not protected at all.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Serious question, I have been wondering for a while now. Is there any plan for some sort of breakwater? The water gets pretty rough through that area and it's not protected at all.
No breakwater , but the no wake zone will be extended all the way from Thompson Bay . And noise limits strictly enforced ! JK

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score

I think they are putting in a floating break water/wave attenuator.

Tank

Reaction score
Here's a picture from last weekend. Concrete paving down to the ramps. The launch ramps will definitely be open for summer.

View attachment 970094

you really think it’ll be open by summer? I mean to do it right, it’s gonna take some build out not just a ramp (parking, bathrooms, dock, etc). And is it going to be open to the public immediately?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
you really think it’ll be open by summer? I mean to do it right, it’s gonna take some build out not just a ramp (parking, bathrooms, dock, etc). And is it going to be open to the public immediately?

I think they will have the ramp, parking and bathroom open. Anything beyond that I have no idea. I will say that they have full crew's working everyday there and there's a large construction office trailer parked down there for the contractor doing the work.

Tank

Reaction score
I think they will have the ramp, parking and bathroom open. Anything beyond that I have no idea. I will say that they have full crew's working everyday there and there's a large construction office trailer parked down there for the contractor doing the work.
That’s awesome! Looking forward to that!

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
Flew over on Friday coming into town. Looked like one house had broken ground for footings.
Try to get a pic on way out tomorrow morning.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Flew over on Friday coming into town. Looked like one house had broken ground for footings.
Try to get a pic on way out tomorrow morning.

As of last weekend there are four house's under construction.

Reactions: DWC

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I went to the Riviera today and they paved the other side of the road going to the launch ramps and have another big section formed and ready to pour. Also the first truck loads of dock floats were delivered and sitting down by the launch ramps waiting for installation. Word is that the ramps, 1/2 of the parking and 140 docks will be ready to go by the end of May.

IMG_20210211_150224003.jpg
IMG_20210211_150217203.jpg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
The third neighborhood "The Ridges" went on sale today and already sold 23 lots. The project is turning into a touchdown for the developer rapidly.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
The third neighborhood "The Ridges" went on sale today and already sold 23 lots. The project is turning into a touchdown for the developer rapidly.
How about the Townhomes. Any idea how much they are going for and when they are going to be built.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
How about the Townhomes. Any idea how much they are going for and when they are going to be built.

I heard that they will start construction this year, but I do know that they are a Mil+.

waterboy

PONTOON MEMBER
Reaction score
Congrats! Does she drive a white SUV? If so I saw her this afternoon and she was going back up to check out the lot again.
Yes, that was her. Gonna be following your build post you got going on. She bought lot 54

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of the "Tesla" thread elsewhere in here.🤣 I guess it is NOT a "Bomb".

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Owners of my company just bought a lot in Marina View.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Any updates or progress pics? I wanted to check the area out when I was in havasu but didn’t know where it is.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Any updates or progress pics? I wanted to check the area out when I was in havasu but didn’t know where it is.

All the plans are in design review.. to my knowledge nothing has happened yet.

JayBreww

Reaction score
2 weeks

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I have not been south in a while, I was thinking I would see some framing up, didnt see any, are footings poured for houses yet?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have not been south in a while, I was thinking I would see some framing up, didnt see any, are footings poured for houses yet?

I'm just waiting to see that forklift roll out of that diamond crusted building with my bote on it, and gently lower my bote in that calm, protected, marina with crystal blue water, fully detailed, full of fuel, and completely stocked with food and cocktails for the day. A well dressed rack hand with white gloves on leading us to the bote, making sure everything is to our satisfaction before we shove off for a day of leisure boating. My smile never bigger knowing my marriage is saved from the ravages of backing a boat down a ramp and pulling it back out daily.

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
I have been going by there daily in the boat and there is not much ( if anything ) noticeable going on. At least not on the past few weeks.

JFMFG

Reaction score
What’s the over under of the ramp actually being done in may to be able to use the marina? 😂