WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do you ever get your order correct restaurants?

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me but we never get our order right no matter where we go. Ordered from PF Chang’s, and they forgot several items. Ordered a pizza the other night half cheese half pepperoni. Shows up half cheese half supreme. Just went to pick up some burgers for my family and they literally gave me half my order. I noticed it so they threw what I thought was missing in the bag. I get home and sure enough it was wrong. I literally have to open every item, every box and check it these days. We make it a point not to have super difficult orders, my son likes a plain burger with no cheese and that shouldn’t be too difficult. Almost every time it comes with cheese on it. I’m not kidding I bet the last 10 times we’ve ordered food 8 of those times I’ve received the wrong stuff.

It might seem trivial and in the grand scheme of things it is. However, due to Covid I have been tipping the hell out servers, DoorDash drivers etc. Even when I pick up the food I’m tipping like I ate at a table. Couple that with the fact that people want to raise minimum wage and they can’t even manage to give a shit about their job. It’s really sad honestly. I guess it just bothers me most because I’m thinking about these people and how they’ve been affected so I’m trying to help out a little and every time my spirit gets crushed. Rant over.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
A longtime friend of mine says the same thing and it seems when we go out to lunch his order will be wrong, it doesn't happen to me much.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I dont have too much trouble with it, but i try to give my money to smaller mom and pop places, especially right now.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
X2, even the "good" places are messing up orders these days. We also have been very generous tippers thru this China virus however I feel some of these workers just don't care. It's sad

welldigger00

Reaction score
It was my fathers tradition get get the wrong order, or the last one served, or cold food, etc. it has now been passed on to me. My wife says it’s karma. IDK. I’ve got a son to pass it on to though. Circle of life kind of thing I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The only food we order (via their app) with any regularity is Chipotle.

The location closest to our house has been terrible. About 1/3 of the time, the order is wrong...so now I physically check every order before I leave, including taking a peek inside burritos.

I had an email exchange going with corporate, but things never improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Not as fancy as PF Chang’s but imagine how crushed my little girl was when her taco bell quesadilla was missing a very KEY INGREDIENT!!!

next time you hear someone say “wE DesERvE$15aN hOUR” kick them in the dick and show her this picture.

3BD009F5-00BB-44AD-9CFA-18EC5B2C5D6A.jpeg
22595ACE-10B3-4FED-8F25-9EEDBA9351D6.jpeg

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I wanted to support our small local restaurant so stopped in yesterday and ordered a cheeseburger "naked", no onions, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. and fries. Order is ready, comes to $10 and change, pay and leave a $2 tip.

Get home and burger is loaded with onions and all kinds of other shit. And it is all melted into the cheese so even after scraping it all off still have the onion flavor in the burger and bun. :mad: Not the first time it has happened either. Hard to support a local business when this happens.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I think because there are sooo many take out orders, door dash orders they know they can get away with more so they are caring less. Most people will not call back or drive back for a missing item.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I hate getting food to go, especially from a restaurant because of this. My wife has food allergies and can’t have stuff with milk or eggs. So everything is special order, it’s about right 50% of the time.
This is why I like In n Out because they are consistently right on our order.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Not as fancy as PF Chang’s but imagine how crushed my little girl was when her taco bell quesadilla was missing a very KEY INGREDIENT!!!

next time you hear someone say “wE DesERvE$15aN hOUR” kick them in the dick and show her this picture.

View attachment 958522 View attachment 958520

Thats the problem it’s usually my kids order that gets messed up. By the time our pizza order got corrected and RE-delivered the other night it was 9:30. Not exactly ideal for my 8 year old. Btw that picture is pretty funny and even more unbelievable.

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Thats the problem it’s usually my kids order that gets messed up. By the time our pizza order got corrected and RE-delivered the other night it was 9:30. Not exactly ideal for my 8 year old. Btw that picture is pretty funny and even more unbelievable.

ohh I lost my shit, my wife kept telling me to STFU cause I was yelling at taco bell in our kitchen... THEY EVEN CUT THE SLICES!! Lol

jadenchick

Reaction score
It’s only the two of us so our orders are pretty much always correct. My parents have the worst luck though.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
All I have to say is - El Pollo Loco is guaranteed wrong every fucking time.
Fuck El Pollo Loco

All they sell is chicken. How the hell do they mess that up? [emoji1787]

badgas

Reaction score
We have orders messed up all the time. It is so frustraiting because 90% of take food sucks anyway so when it is wrong it just compounds the problem

King Taco, in-n-out and my local Pho place are the only 3 that never mess up.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
All they sell is chicken. How the hell do they mess that up? [emoji1787]

true story. We go to an el pollo loco once many years ago and we order some chicken plate. The guy says: we are out of that. So we look at the menu and order something else. The guy again says: we are out of that too. So my buddy’s dad says why don’t you tell us what you do have. With a dead straight face the guy says: well, we are out of chicken. I shit you not. We looked at the guy and said isn’t this place el polo loco? As in all you sell is chicken? Maybe put up a sign instead making us play this guessing game pal.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Friend of mine was tow truck driver . Got us food in the morning at local Wendy’s . Of course multiple items were missing , got a call and off he went . Went back at lunchtime and ordered lunch and told them about missing items . Window person said too bad , should’ve come back sooner . Friend shut engine off and just sat there . Window person said : Hey , what are doing ? Friend said : I just shut down your drive through ...

DLC

Reaction score
It happens everywhere!

my wife likes ice tea - no lemon with an extra big/tall large glass of ice !
It’s not that difficult but you will be surprised how that gets F’up at sit down restaurants

i usually get a beef taco No tomato! You think I asked for extra .....

2Driver

Reaction score
Well we voted in legal weed. Shit they are all stoned, pretty much a given. LOL, Society is getting more numb by the day. My buddy in CO noticed a change when they legalized it there.

Would you like something to brink with that dig mac.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Well we voted in legal weed. Shit they are all stoned, pretty much a given. LOL, Society is getting more numb by the day. My buddy in CO noticed a change when they legalized it there.

And soon they'll be getting paid $15/hr!

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
true story. We go to an el pollo loco once many years ago and we order some chicken plate. The guy says: we are out of that. So we look at the menu and order something else. The guy again says: we are out of that too. So my buddy’s dad says why don’t you tell us what you do have. With a dead straight face the guy says: well, we are out of chicken. I shit you not. We looked at the guy and said isn’t this place el polo loco? As in all you sell is chicken? Maybe put up a sign instead making us play this guessing game pal.
Exact thing happened to me years ago at KFC. No chicken, WTF. Isn't that what you do?

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Stopped at Jack in the Box on the way to the river. Ordered a regular burger no cheese. He says they don't come with cheese, I said OK.

Then he asked if I still wanted it.

I just try to keep the Thought = At least these people are Working and making an Effort VS. sitting on their Dead Ass playing Video games eating Junk Food paid for with EBT. AND much more welfare WE paid for. 🤔

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
El Pollo Loco is my China Buffet😳🤣

I love the chicken but the whole ordering thing is so f’up and awkward you feel like they don't want to be there.

Last edited:

SoCalDave

Reaction score

20110921_1289244.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
I loce the chicken but the whole ordering thing is so f’up and awkward you feel like they don't want to be there.
I like the food but whatever they season thr chicken in fuks me up, the steak and shrimp I'm good with.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
You can't always fix stupid....but I always make people repeat the order back to me....matter of fact...I usually repeat details on other transactions too...to help make sure our friendly "helpful" people are clear on what needs to happen. I'm such a dick I know. 😂😂

DWC

Reaction score
I was trained at an early age to order my burger with everything and peel off what i didn’t want. Still pretty much use it to this day especially at fast food places. They’re robots at best making the same thing, the same way over and over again. Same as me driving out of the neighborhood early in the AM. My car thinks it’s going to work. I head out the same way every time.
My only exception is ordering a burrito. I hate beans. I can say no beans multiple times. Best case is they add them 50% of the time. If i tell them I’m allergic it’s a little better.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Typical Bigbore500 El Pollo Loco transaction.......

Pollo Loco - "Will that complete your order?"

Me - "yes"

Pollo Loco - "Would you like any salsa?"

Me - "Yes - green sauce, and salsa roja"

Pollo Loco - "How many?"

Me - "3 of each"

Pollo Loco - "ok, please pull up to the window"

Me - *pulls up to window*

Pollo Loco - "Hello - 28.35 please - Would you like any salsa?" (same guy from speaker)

Me - "YES - GREEN SAUCE, AND SALSA ROJA"

Pollo Loco - *gives me random pre-packaged bag of pico*

ME - "I ASKED FOR GREEN SAUCE AND SALSA ROJA"

Pollo Loco - "Oh....."

Pollo Loco - *comes back with 1 green sauce, and 10 more pico"

ME - "I ASKED FOR 3 GREEN SAUCE AND 3 SALSA ROJA"

Pollo - "espicy red?"

ME - "whatever you wanna call it, I use the name on the menu"

Pollo - *hands me those squeeze packets of jalapeno sauce*

ME - "I ASKED FOR SALSA ROJA, SPICY RED SALSA"

Pollo - "oh"

Pollo *hands me bag containing 10 of each type of sauce offered, half of it falls on ground*

ME - *gets home, so distracted by the sauce battle I didn't realize food was missing*

ME - *takes out anger trolling on Whip Trader Classifieds*

Your ad here

Reaction score
I've have pretty good luck. Like mentioned above I'll just order a plate as it comes and pick off what I don't want. I find it annoying when people customize the shit out of ordering something like a salad because it will screw up everyone's order at the table.
Latest one I had was at Olive Garden and there where a few customized to shit orders. Waitress brings the plate and ask if I want cheese. I reply, no. She dumps a pound of cheese on it. Whatever. Someone at the table tells he didnt want cheese. They grab the plate from in front of me after telling them to leave it and it comes back 2 minutes later. They melted the cheese and added more sauce to cover the cheese.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Lol happens to me all the time when my wife orders/picks up food. So I always thought it was the restaurant. However I went with her a couple of times and lol it was her completely stating the order wrong🤣.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Several years ago the Burger King in Coos Bay, Oregon, was out of buns on a Saturday afternoon!! 👍

Dettom

Reaction score
I got one for ya. Several years ago I stopped to get the kids burgers at the In and Out in Indio on the way to out to Havasu. The place was packed, so we went next door to Carl’s Jr. I ordered a super star with NO lettuce. I wait, and get my food and to my surprise, my burger is stacked 4” high with lettuce. I told the hood rat gal at the counter I wanted no lettuce. She responds and tells me, “ I thought you wanted mo’ lettuce”. I asked her if I looked like the kinda of guy who would say, “mo”. You get what you pay for I guess.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
The wife sent me to Jersey Mike's last night. All they make is sandwiches, right? I hear him tell the guy who ordered after me that they are out of bread. However if he wants to wait 30 minutes there will some coming out of the oven. He didn't and left the store without another word. I asked the kid if it happens often where they run out of bread. He sayst that it does happen once in a while but that this particular time someone had called on a Tuesday night and ordered 20 Giant sandwiches which would use enough bread for 40 regular ones. Late on a Tuesday night, I guess I can see this happening. Now El Pollo Loco running out of chicken . . . ?

traquer

Reaction score
I got chinese food once and they forgot the rice. 20 min ride home. Sucked.

NicPaus

Reaction score
They fucked up my order at El Pollo yesterday on way back from river 3 times. Seems every location except the one on PCH in Torrance across from South Bay Ford sucks. I will eat lunch at that location up to 3 times a week. But even there you must check how many green sauces you get. Rarely you get the 4 you ask for. Fuck the pico i give that shit back and tell them 4 more green. Chipotle chicken avocado burrito combo is bomb.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Me and the family usually have good luck with this kind of stuff. But we always make sure to say hello, how are you? Speak clearly and not too fast. And always say thank you, I appreciate it after ordering regardless if its fast food or not.

Some of my wife's family is always rude or act like the servers are not even there when ordering, there stuff is always wrong. And of course they flip out. I no longer go out to eat with them.

I worked at Del Taco in high school, if you were rude or sounded like a jerk......well your order was wrong or you get chips, meat, lettuce and cheese for a taco. LOL I know I know not cool.......but you should always be nice to the people who prep your food. Oh ....and we did remember you if you gave us an attitude because we made an honest mistake.

500bbc

Reaction score
I got one for ya. Several years ago I stopped to get the kids burgers at the In and Out in Indio on the way to out to Havasu. The place was packed, so we went next door to Carl’s Jr. I ordered a super star with NO lettuce. I wait, and get my food and to my surprise, my burger is stacked 4” high with lettuce. I told the hood rat gal at the counter I wanted no lettuce. She responds and tells me, “ I thought you wanted mo’ lettuce”. I asked her if I looked like the kinda of guy who would say, “mo”. You get what you pay for I guess.
Burger joint years ago , maybe Macdonald.
Brother orders a bacon burger...
We dons gots no Bacon Burgers.

What's that on the menu behind You?
Das a sow dough Bacon Burger

Umm. Ok

BajaMike

Reaction score
I’m sure the service will get much better when the retards are getting $15 per hour. LOL

Chic-Fil-A and InAndOut have the best customer service and best food. A cheeseburger to go at home is never as good as sitting in your car and enjoying your fresh hot cheeseburger right off the grill.

I don’t trust the delivery services, “where has my food been?”

But Cactus Jack’s ( when allowed to open) always gets the order right in every detail, and you get the strongest drink in the Coachella Valley.