WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RV Parked Next To My House!!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I live on a corner. Today I was headed to my home office for a virtual meeting, and saw some guy making a u-turn in front of my house with a travel trailer towed by an Escalade (about 1pm). I had never seen the Escalade or the trailer before in my neighborhood. I was hurrying to get to my computer, and didn't think much of it...

I go outside a couple hours later (3pm) and saw the guy had parked the trailer alongside my house, disconnected it, and left the trailer.

The trailer is clean with heavy tire dressing on it. So I think maybe someone bought it, and this guy was delivering it, and droped it off here because there wasn't room in front of the Buyer's house. The new owners will come pick it up when they get home from work.

It's now 9:30pm, and no sign of anyone coming to move it, or even anyone just coming to check out their new purchase. Nothing. None of my neighbors know anything about it.

I don't necessarily mind it parked there (short term), but it is weird. I know most of my neighbors, and the ones I don't really know, don't have a truck to tow the trailer. I drove around, and didn't see the Escalade anywhere near my home.

I had the plate run, and it isn't reported stolen.

Sent From Tapatalk

Last edited:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
If it starts talking over a loud speaker....run
Yeah, I thought of that. LOL.

I considered hooking up to it and moving it down the road by an open space. But my truck is in the shop...and I would have to cut the tounge lock.

Sent From Tapatalk

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I fully understand how that could be a bit unnerving ...people would probabl try that in my neighborhood except there’s nowhere to park anything???...

...I don’t know what the laws are where you are but in Los Angeles you cannot leave the trailer parked unhooked( I think)...and even if it was hooked up to a tow vehicle it has to be moved within 72 hours...

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Walk out with a pistol in your hand and tap on the windows with it.. they'll move quick. Had to do that at the parker pad a few times to run out my past tweaker neighbors homies.. they get in line quick😉

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
...I fully understand how that could be a bit unnerving ...people would probabl try that in my neighborhood except there’s nowhere to park anything???...

...I don’t know what the laws are where you are but in Los Angeles you cannot leave the trailer parked unhooked( I think)...and even if it was hooked up to a tow vehicle it has to be moved within 72 hours...
It is the same here. 72 hours they can cite the trailer. Then another 48 before they can tow it.

However during the Summer, someone parked 2 motorhomes down by an open area down the street from me. They were there, unmoved, for a month. I know people called the cops after a couple weeks, and they didn't even want to come out.

Sent From Tapatalk

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Escalade indicates $.... so I'd relax, run the tags on the trailer... have a beer and chill. Folks are hyper sensitive today....It'll be gone by Sunday..... all kinds of scenarios; one thing jumps to mind is recently divorced dude not wanting ex to see it... all kinds of scenarios possible. Don't freak.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Mark the tires.
White chalk.
X on the top of the tire tread and line at bottom sidewall that aligns with a mark on street.
When people come to pick up they will think parking enforcement came by and tagged trailer. Should be enough to discourage them from parking there in the future if they think they are at risk for a ticket.
My city (Henderson) only allows 3 days for trailer to be parked before it can be ticketed and towed.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I live on a corner. Today I was headed to my home office for a virtual meeting, and saw some guy making a u-turn in front of my house with a travel trailer towed by an Escalade (about 1pm). I had never seen the Escalade or the trailer before in my neighborhood. I was hurrying to get to my computer, and didn't think much of it...

I go outside a couple hours later (3pm) and saw the guy had parked the trailer alongside my house, disconnected it, and left the trailer.

The trailer is clean with heavy tire dressing on it. So I think maybe someone bought it, and this guy was delivering it, and droped it off here because there wasn't room in front of the Buyer's house. The new owners will come pick it up when they get home from work.

It's now 9:30pm, and no sign of anyone coming to move it, or even anyone just coming to check out their new purchase. Nothing. None of my neighbors know anything about it.

I don't necessarily mind it parked there (short term), but it is weird. I know most of my neighbors, and the ones I don't really know, don't have a truck to tow the trailer. I drove around, and didn't see the Escalade anywhere near my home.

Sent From Tapatalk

"Parked the trailer along side my house"

Is it on your property?
Or on the street?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It’s likely a stolen trailer. They have been stealing Trucks and Trailers at a record pace lately. (Our F350 and 40’ Toy Hauler were stolen a few months back) Likely they stole the Escalade and just needed to dump the trailer off somewhere. Call your local authority and file a suspicious vehicle report.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
No "For Sale" signs? Maybe someone is going to surprise the family tomorrow?

Darker side...not reported stollen yet, or going to the repo guys, and just left it there instead of their neighbors seeing the pickup...seen it happen :confused:
That's what I was thinking. Stolen, bit not reported yet. No for sale sign on it. No dealer license plate frame either. The license plate is in the rear window.

"Parked the trailer along side my house"

Is it on your property?
Or on the street?
On the street alongside my house. If it was parked on my property, it would be gone already (by gone, I mean in a spot in my storage place. LOL)

Sent From Tapatalk

Ricks raft

Reaction score
A trailer cannot be parked on a public street, disconnected, for any amount of time. Call your local law enforcement and they will ticket it. Have them red tag it also. 72 hours later it can be towed.

I’m sure there’s a lot of areas that’s not true. The times I’ve been to havasu, I’ve seen dozens of RVs and hundred of boat trailers with and without boats parked on the street.
if it’s stolen, weird they would take the time to put a lock on the coupler.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I know in Huntington Beach if you call ahead you can drop a trailer on the street if you give them your address for up to a week if a remember correctly. I had to do it with my toyhauler a few years back.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
How big is it ? Wife and I are looking for one. Might save a trip to the RV show.
That's what I was thinking. The ole "Possession is 9/10th of the law" saying. LOL

It is a 24' Passport Utralight.

We will see if someone pics it up today. If not, I will call the cops again.

Sent From Tapatalk

Mikes56

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have clarified, that‘s a California state law. Individual Citys may have temporary waivers like mentioned above.

PDQH2O

Reaction score
I know in Huntington Beach if you call ahead you can drop a trailer on the street if you give them your address for up to a week if a remember correctly. I had to do it with my toyhauler a few years back.

Depends on the reason, like home (kitchen) remodeling. Unless the reason is substantial, it's a 3 day permit.

grumpy88

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. The ole "Possession is 9/10th of the law" saying. LOL

It is a 24' Passport Utralight.

We will see if someone pics it up today. If not, I will call the cops again.

Sent From Tapatalk
I would call parking enforcement not the cops

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Depends on the reason, like home (kitchen) remodeling. Unless the reason is substantial, it's a 3 day permit.

yes and you can call after three days and extend it but not sure how many extensions they allow but the lady I talked to made it sound like it wasn’t a big deal I know in the apartments next to me over the holidays they had a toyhauler dropped and plugged in for over a week with no issues.

Singleton

Reaction score
A trailer cannot be parked on a public street, disconnected, for any amount of time. Call your local law enforcement and they will ticket it. Have them red tag it also. 72 hours later it can be towed.

we have that 72hr rule in Carlsbad. It must be attached to a vehicle. Enforcement is via the community patrol officer, not the regular PD, and that guy does not work on Sundays or Mondays.
Also due to Corona, Carlsbad suspended until 02.01.21

dspracing

Reaction score
With the number of trailers being stolen these days a person would have to be some kind of desperate to risk leaving their trailer unattended on a random city street.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
If someone did that shit in front of my house, I'd cut the lock and tow it somewhere that wasn't in front of a residence.
Write me a ticket I don't care.
If it was legit the dude could've knocked on your door and asked out of courtesy (rare these days).
It's time so stop being tolerant of the tolerant.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
If the owner is anything like me, they wouldn't know its gone until the next time they want to use it. So it could be gone for a month or more before they know its missing to report it.

PDQH2O

Reaction score
yes and you can call after three days and extend it but not sure how many extensions they allow but the lady I talked to made it sound like it wasn’t a big deal I know in the apartments next to me over the holidays they had a toyhauler dropped and plugged in for over a week with no issues.

Yeah, they've told me the same. Dont believe it.

Hope your experience with them is better than mine has been. Over by Goldenwest College neighborhoods, the parking folks that actually write the tickets are not as understanding. Within 15 minutes of your permit expiring, count on one of the parking trucks to just happen to roll down your street.

Closer to downtown, especially Main St., they seem to be far more lenient. I've seen toy haulers and motorhomes parked on the street for weeks on end, typically around holiday weekends.

If you do get a ticket, be sure to look up the code cited. Chances are that it's wrong and the ticket writers aren't sharp enough to understand the VC/MC. You'll likely win if you do your homework.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Hook up...... off you go...... wherever.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
LOl.. you guys are dicks. I'm guessing the guy needed to move it for a couple days. Maybe doing construction of something at his house. I seriously doubt a car thief is going to take the time to put a tongue lock on anything.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score

Hope your experience with them is better than mine has been. Over by Goldenwest college neighborhoods, the parking folks that actually write the tickets are not as understanding. Within 15 minutes of your permit expiring, count on one of the parking trucks to just happen to roll down your street.

Closer to downtown, especially Main St., they seem to be far more lenient. I've seen toy haters and motorhomes parked on the stre ed t for weeks on end, typically around holiday weekends.

If you do get a ticket, be sure to look up the code cited. Chances are that it's wrong and the ticket writers aren't sharp enough to understand the VC/MC. You'll likely win if you do your homework.

Good luck.
My Dad got a chicken-shit parking ticket for 'expired registration on his boat trailer' at the Huntington Harbor launch ramp . . . yeah, It was a permanent tag, paid-up and current . . . you should've of seen my 80+ year-old Dad light-up the guys in the sheriffs office!:p

DLC

Reaction score
Run the plate and get the address drive by and see what’s up.... maybe the owner is getting a new driveway poured to park on it. You see the caddy in the drive way let it ride.

you want to F with the guy cut the lock off and buy a new one same type and kind - replace it so his key won’t work.... put a note on it with your phone number

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Sent From Tapatalk

Most cities have an ordinance about this thats easy to look up.
Its usually 48 hours connected and no more than 24 disconnected.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score

Hope your experience with them is better than mine has been. Over by Goldenwest College neighborhoods, the parking folks that actually write the tickets are not as understanding. Within 15 minutes of your permit expiring, count on one of the parking trucks to just happen to roll down your street.

Closer to downtown, especially Main St., they seem to be far more lenient. I've seen toy haulers and motorhomes parked on the street for weeks on end, typically around holiday weekends.

Good luck.
It was a few years ago and I didn’t have any problems 15th and olive downtown.