WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another bad wreck right now, 95 closed at Kiowa

Singleton

Reaction score
Drove by it when I was heading to storage on Kiowa. Looked nasty. Thought I heard the heli when playing around at storage

jones performance

Reaction score
snowbirds..

from scannerfeed,

We are receiving a report of Police and fire on scene of a vehicle accident on HWY and Kiowa for 4 cars involved.

Engine arrived advised 2 our 3 Vehicles involved. Possibly 6 horns patients.

Two vehicles involved are a gray car and a Maroon Dodge ram out of Michigan. One subject from each vehicle was extricated.

All patients have been transported to the hospital. Scene turned over to LHCPD. Fire command terminated.

boatpi

Reaction score
That T bucket fatal cause appears to be he crossed over the centerline, per LHPD release.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I almost got hit just now. Why? A godamn lady with a fucking dog on her lap made a right on red and cut me off. If phones are illegal so should dogs on the lap. Leave the rat bastard at home. :mad: If I wasn’t in my marked work van she would have gotten a long song from my horn

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I came to Havi yesterday on a turn around trip for boat stuff.
I had no idea how crowded Havasu was on a Jan. Monday from 9-2pm traffic wise.
Definitely going to reconsider other locations to buy in, looked like any so cal city with traffic.

PlanB

Reaction score
It used to be that it was mostly snowbirds this time of year in LHC. Now, you have Californians out there year round mixed with the snowbirds, and the increasing fulltime population. I actually find it easier to drive around my home in San Diego than in Havasu. It's not the quiet little town it was 20 years ago.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Definitely going to reconsider other locations to buy in, looked like any so cal city with traffic.
It IS SoCal!!!! They are ALL here because So Cal is uninhabitable now days!!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
It IS SoCal!!!! They are ALL here because So Cal is uninhabitable now days!!
I’ll most likely always have a Ca home but yesterday really made me reconsider buying a second home elsewhere. That and the $100k price increase in homes in 12 months ha ha.
Is what it is🤣

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Also what doesn’t help and I am not a traffic engineer but there are either too many lights or they aren’t synchronized or both. Maybe just too many damn people. :)

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Also what doesn’t help and I am not a traffic engineer but there are either too many lights or they aren’t synchronized or both. Maybe just too many damn people. :)

I'm convinced Havasu's light synchronization was done by a someone with an extremely limited sense of time and math or a Democrat...same thing but they are a clusterfuck...keeps the brake shops in business though.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Mayberry signal on the south side. Its a 10 minute wait at that signal for some reason. I can't figure out why LHC can't do traffic signals to match traffic flows.

jones performance

Reaction score
Mayberry signal on the south side. Its a 10 minute wait at that signal for some reason. I can't figure out why LHC can't do traffic signals to match traffic flows.

considering it includes the traffic on lake havasu ave that light works pretty well at flowing traffic in general. yeah it sucks when you on 95 trying to go across town and hit it red.. its also at which point the speed limit changes.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’ll most likely always have a Ca home but yesterday really made me reconsider buying a second home elsewhere. That and the $100k price increase in homes in 12 months ha ha.
Is what it is🤣
Unless you are traveling north past Palo Verde North, there is almost no reason to use 95 to travel across town.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Unless you are traveling north past Palo Verde North, there is almost no reason to use 95 to travel across town.
I went to Chase bank at 1pm.
14 people in line, two tellers
Glad I only needed ATM
Mcculloch and havasu blvd packed too

gqchris

Reaction score
Is what it is🤣

I mentioned the same thing to my wife a few weeks ago. Was not feeling the vibe there at all, first time in my 25 years going. It felt like Cali, and I mentioned that we will be looking at other spots more relaxed. The I pull those up and its the same story of people flocking everywhere!

I know it may blow over, but we are going on a year of this know and who knows?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Lots of people turn right on red, flip a u-turn and then catch the quicker green, pretty popular routine by the locals, as that light sucks.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I mentioned the same thing to my wife a few weeks ago. Was not feeling the vibe there at all, first time in my 25 years going. It felt like Cali, and I mentioned that we will be looking at other spots more relaxed. The I pull those up and its the same story of people flocking everywhere!

I know it may blow over, but we are going on a year of this know and who knows?

It will blow over when people can take those expensive vacations again.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
This!!!

Blows my mind at how many sxs's we see out on the highway (just because they can, doesn't mean its smart or safe), no need to be a crash test dummy.
Nor legal, I have been told that since 95 is a state highway you are only allowed to cross it, not travel north / south on it. I have seen people take the 40 back from Topock as well.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I was just in town and thought the same thing. I thought you can only cross 95 not drive on it with a sxs. I saw tons of them cruiser 95 the last 5 days.

Nor legal, I have been told that since 95 is a state highway you are only allowed to cross it, not travel north / south on it. I have seen people take the 40 back from Topock as well.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I was just in town and thought the same thing. I thought you can only cross 95 not drive on it with a sxs. I saw tons of them cruiser 95 the last 5 days.
Friend is a AZ trooper, it really boils down to what kind of mood the guy is in that day. Ive seen folks drive them all the way down to the turn off for the Desert Bar in Parker.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If we are all so concerned with preserving freedoms, let the cops deal with the legalities (or illegalities) of driving a SxS on 95. If someone makes the choice to do it, the issue of safety is on them, and it is their choice.

No one seems to care when people pound a bunch of beers out in the desert then hop in their SXS to drive back home. Doing that is way less safe than driving a SXS on a state highway.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Friend is a AZ trooper, it really boils down to what kind of mood the guy is in that day. Ive seen folks drive them all the way down to the turn off for the Desert Bar in Parker.

I do it sometimes to get to the cement plant. I pull to the right to let cars pass and check my mirrors often.

Boat 405

Reaction score
You've see them on the 40?? Wow.... I always thought jumping on the 95 was pushing it every time, but the 40??? wtf...

Springfield

Reaction score
Boy Havasu 95 sure has been on a bad roll lately. Damn 😆

yard dog

Reaction score
When I registered my sxs at at MVD , they made the statement that a sxs was
not legal to be driven on a state hwy or instate because of not meeting Federal highway safety standards For on road use .

Joker

Reaction score
Is what it is🤣

I've said it for years. Havasu is no different than living in Orange County. If I want to deal with traffic and crowds I may as well stay put. That place is only going to get worse.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
  • Yesterday I drove up to Fedex on Kiowa from the extreme south side of town. Things were very busy. No less than 10 people in line at FedEx. There’s typically just 1 or 2. Traffic was going very slow north bound on 95. Usually an indication of snowbirds out there in front of you. The mention of a the unusual amount of additional people from CA currently here is likely a valid observation. That was sure apparent during mid week this past summer.

• I’d like to see a report of traffic accidents by the month for LHC. We probably in a peak month.

petie6464

Reaction score
I've been here 30 years. The town has explodedin the last couple of years, ass holes Californian's are the main problem, No respect for anyone.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I've said it for years. Havasu is no different than living in Orange County. If I want to deal with traffic and crowds I may as well stay put. That place is only going to get worse.
Havausu or so cal? 🤣

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Kingman is getting crowded too. Shitload of new housing being built. There’s already been 2 crashes that I have seen in front of Culvers and the damn place just opened. Airway is getting fucked. I live off Airway behind Culvers and sometimes it’s a bitch to take a left on. Stockton Hill by the hospital is a shit show all day. I only go near there if I have to.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Lots of people turn right on red, flip a u-turn and then catch the quicker green, pretty popular routine by the locals, as that light sucks.
I do that 99% of the time. Even while towing

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Assume that red on red you’re making is not on 95 NB at Mulberry? It is well marked, no right on red. I will often take that 3rd lane going straight to get ahead of the slower drivers ahead of me. In any case that intersection is a PIA.

2Driver

Reaction score

Most LEO and hose draggers are heading to Prescott. Carefree and Cave Creek are full BTW

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
What sign?

Assume that red on red you’re making is not on 95 NB at Mulberry? It is well marked, no right on red. I will often take that 3rd lane going straight to get ahead of the slower drivers ahead of me. In any case that intersection is a PIA.