WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fun Weekend! What did you do?

DLC

Reaction score
it’s difficult to sell your car and buy the bad ass 4 seater can am when your using your old car all the time.....
just saying

yeap thats a big hole
Did a round trip to Hava yesterday, grabbed can am for crown king trip this weekend.

Reactions: DWC

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Elaborate please. What are you using? Looks like a properly compressed air combo deal. I'm a huge snowmaking fan. Never thought about a home unit.

i use a home made (lance) ground gun now, with a 2.5 gpm pressure washer and an air compressor running 4.5 cfm @ 90psi that can produce about 1.5in per hour.

i ordered an all in one legit mini fan gun that is getting delivered on the 23rd. 230v with a compressor on it and a 3.5 gpm pump. i can’t wait.

i’ve been around snowmobiles, ski slopes, grooming and snowmaking for a very long time. I was always fascinated with the snowmaking aspect and i was fortunate to tag along with some pros and learn a bit about it.

You can make snow with a wet bulb temp of 27 degrees F but the relative humidity can factor if it is wet snow or dry snow that you produce.

it’s fun and it gives me something to do with my kids. My 4yo loves it.

04872B77-44AB-4810-ADBD-327E12DB58AE.png
DEFA767E-D853-4E29-97B0-683660653D7E.png
. Y

Last edited:

73mandella

Reaction score
I have to tell you that this is one of the best threads I've seen on the site. Thank you for posting.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
i’ve been around snowmobiles, ski slopes, grooming and snowmaking for a very long time. I was always fascinated with the snowmaking aspect and i was fortunate to tag along with some pros and learn a bit about it.
I've been skiing in Southern California since '79, season pass holder for many years and a ski patroller at Mt. Baldy. Snowmaking is essential here, and we do get very dry air that helps. I understand we can blow snow as high as 38 degrees if the air is dry enough. JT effect cools the air around the compressed air outlet?

Sorry about the hijack!

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
I've been skiing in Southern California since '79, season pass holder for many years and a ski patroller at Mt. Baldy. Snowmaking is essential here, and we do get very dry air that helps. I understand we can blow snow as high as 38 degrees if the air is dry enough. JT effect cools the air around the compressed air outlet?

Sorry about the hijack!

Nice! Active pro patroller here.....

No matter how you get there a 27 degree wet bulb temp seems to be the magic number! I’m no expert but in my backyard experiences at higher air temps the water will still crystallize with the work of the compressed air coming out of the nucleator but it won’t “stick” to anything.

I can assure you though i will be experimenting with my fan gun! I’m in the east now so when we get humidity that low in the winter then it is usually VERY cold out lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Yes we did the Polar Express in December.. Same train / same track just doesn't go all the way to the Grand Canyon.

RD

RD we have done the same and stayed the night in the hotel. The Polar Express was just a few hours. Is the Grand Canyon a full day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shreve"T"

Ex-So Cal.
Reaction score
Italian Bistro 66 in Williams makes the best Pizza I have ever had..