WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Help Wanted

guest hs

Reaction score
My shop is getting to the point where I’m going to need some help in the next 30 days. I would prefer someone that has experience in the marine industry. However I would be willing to teach someone that is mechanically inclined. Of course pay would depend on experience level. If you can’t show up on time and stay the entire 8 hours or do any kind of drugs don’t even bother getting in touch with me. Call Shane 928-412-3808

4Waters

Reaction score
My shop is getting to the point where I’m going to need some help in the next 30 days. I would prefer someone that has experience in the marine industry. However I would be willing to teach someone that is mechanically inclined. Of course pay would depend on experience level. If you can’t show up on time and stay the entire 8 hours or do any kind of drugs don’t even bother getting in touch with me. Call Shane 928-412-3808
Good luck with those demands, kinda joking.

Glad you are so busy you need to hire someone 👍👍

hav19

Big Member
Reaction score
Good Luck with Your Search!!!

Sounds almost like you actually want someone to show up and work to get a paycheck, can’t believe you - this must be Trumps Fault!!!

Been in the auto repair business in Havasu for the last 25 years, slim Pickens for sure!!!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
id love to switch careers, i just dont think a marine tech makes the same as my salary. sadness.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Can I wear my shoes and smoke in the customers boat while drinking a beer on a lake test?? Jk

Good luck in your search Namba
Dont laugh. That happened to me. Dropped off Arctic Cat 1000 to dealer in Kingman. Victory Motors. For an oil change. Went to pick it up and they were jumping and doing donuts in the field next door. When I lost my shit they said they never tried one. I said well get a fucking second job and buy your own. They are out of business but I would have name them anyway.

Last edited:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Dont laugh. That happened to me. Dropped off Arctic Cat 1000 to dealer in Kingman. Victory Motors. For an oil change. Went to pick it up and they were jumping and doing donuts in the field next door. When I lost my shit they said they never tried one. I said well get a fucking second job and buy your own. They are out od business but I would have name them anyway.

You don't want to know the shit I know about boat mechanics ;)

D19

Reaction score
Can I work from home?

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Hope your fortunate enough to land someone that wants to work and make a paycheck in todays society that is not already employed.
I'm trying to finish an internal roof joist to purlin support project and paying decent $$ to have it done. Pick your gours and work all the OT you want but get it done (I estimated about 9 months to complete).
Guy shows up and is all gun hoe to "knock this shit out in 4 months". I tell him big bonus if you can pull that off. Week later he's telling me he can't work Fri-Sun, no show, leaves early.
Been through about 5 of these lazy fuks and still haven't finished the project.

Rant over and good luck. 😁

fmo24

Reaction score
Young= On the phone all the time. :p
Yup. I had a bunch of 20 something I would have to threaten to take their phones away. Had a ledge in my cubicle and told them they could have it back at break and lunch.

D19

Reaction score
Yup. I had a bunch of 20 something I would have to threaten to take their phones away. Had a ledge in my cubicle and told them they could have it back at break and lunch.

Well when the damn public schools let the kids play on their phones all day what do you expect when they get into the workplace lol

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Not only NO but HELL NO. These things they call engines these days look like NOTHING I have ever seen. My specialty was anything that floated in the 70's- 80's. I'm sure I could go down and sweep Shane's floors or rebuild a pump or two but I 'm not working 8 hours straight for anybody. Hell, I had a hell of a time doing it when I was the boss. I heard he could use an inexperienced person maybe you could reinvent your retirement and hop down there. Surely you don't have any bad habits that would get in the way of learning something new being a car dealership owner and all!!!! 😁

boatdoc55

Reaction score
sometimes Young inexperienced guys work well. They have not developed or picked up bad habits and are willing to learn.
I tried that a couple of times. One time I simply wanted him to drain the lower unit lube on an Alpha1, you unscrew that straight slot plug there on the bottom and then the same on this here vent plug. 10 minutes later I find him trying to reinvent the wheel or actually trying to not get used gear oil on his hands. Jeez here's $50.00, please go home and not come back!!!

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Well if I can’t find these quality’s in an employee then I will just continue on by myself. I will not compromise my reputation and quality of work.
Shane, I sure do hope you find some one!! Going to be a bitch I'm afraid.😞

TimeBandit

Reaction score
California minimum wage for employees providing their own tools went to $28.00 per hour clock time on January 1st. ($30.00 1/1/22)

And still I see want ads for mechanics that pay "up to" $25.00 per hour but starting at $18.00.

This ain't 30 years ago. $1,800 one bedroom apartments and $18.00 10mm sockets... crazy.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
[/QUOTE
happy to hear this👍

Water Romper

Reaction score
Im sure logistics come in to play here as Havi is kinda off the beaten path but could you reach out to the local colleges and advertise for interns? Are there mechanic's classes/schools that offer training? might be a good source for potential talent.

As another poster mentioned, these "new" motors are more like computers and less about points, dwell and a cap. It would certainly be over my head, And no one wants to work on pre-1990 outboards anymore. Hey, who works on the PD/Fire/EMS vehicles? where do they recruit from?

Good luck, its nice to hear business is doing well.