WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Even the uber left LA Times sees it.....

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
That article is pretty dang good, and I too am shocked at the honesty portrayed by the LA Times.
People from all walks of life are leaving. I sincerely hope they evaluate the reasons they are doing so with an open mind, and consider how, exactly, California got where it is. After doing so, remember these things when they vote in the future. Remember that doing the same thing over and over again, including voting for the same group of politicians, and expecting different results is genuinely crazy.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Not everyone is leaving because of politics. It comes down to the fact that it is very expensive to live here and your dollar just goes farther elsewhere.

Cash out your overpriced house and move elsewhere and get a nice raise.

If I kept my rental and sold my home and moved I could retire now at age 47. Or rent my primary and move and I would get a big raise. But I am against selling anything so I won’t.

I always think about it. Maybe in the future when I have more rentals

Anyone know what Jupiter Fl is like?

USMC2010

Reaction score
Not everyone is leaving because of politics. It comes down to the fact that it is very expensive to live here and your dollar just goes farther elsewhere.

Cash out your overpriced house and move elsewhere and get a nice raise
Isn't the root reason cost is so high directly related to politics and taxes?

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Yes. You and I know that but they don’t. Lol

Isn't the root reason cost is so high directly related to politics and taxes?

Except housing. It is expensive because of our prime location and other issues. Housing would be expensive here regardless. Our politics don’t help but it is not the only cause

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score

If I kept my rental and sold my home and moved I could retire now at age 47. Or rent my primary and move and I would get a big raise. But I am against selling anything so I won’t.

I'm leaving because of the politics and deep negative impact on economic freedom and personal liberty

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I said not everyone.

But we know thats why MOST are leaving. Lol

I'm leaving because of the politics and deep negative impact on economic freedom and personal liberty

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm staying because I've read you all are bailing, please oh please, the sooner the better 😁👍👍👍
Two things came to mind as my wife and I were cruising down by the beach this past weekend ---- Nobody is listening to Newsom and if anybody is leaving they ain't put a dent in it yet, so please step it up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about 78 out right now --- yeah fuck this place 😍😍

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
No taxes on Lottery Winnings $$$...........and the Weather.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score

I have friends in Palm Beach. I was recently there visiting them and we went through Jupiter. Actually through the intercostal as well. Fuck you money homes in both Jupiter and Palm Beach. Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan etc. Its a nice area to say the least. Nice country club neighborhoods too which are slightly more inland. He's in real estate and tells me the market is hot.

Summer time its more humid and moist than a fat chicks crack. Winter time its packed because the weather is perfect. Areas around there like West Palm can be dicey.

Tank

Reaction score
Well written article. Maybe its a subtle call out article the author hopes to motivate change.

This part stood out to me -

“I’m a gay, brown man. I didn’t think I would feel this way in a red state,” he said. “I’ve been through a lot of social justice circles, and to be living in an area where you are still accepted regardless of your politics or identity has been refreshing. They do accept me, and they don’t care.”

I think its funny, and not uncommon for people to come to this conclusion. Conservatives are vastly more open, welcoming, accepting and tolerant to others lifestyles, beliefs, heritage, etc. than others are, from my experience. ESPECIALLY as of late. When you live in a bubble and only see those around you that claim to be tolerant of others but are actually the furthest thing from tolerant, you believe everyone is like this. Until you see for yourself. Most conservatives don't give 2 fucks about your beliefs or lifestyle as long as it doesn't affect theirs. I would say it's one of the most underrated attributes of conservatives and most misunderstood or misconstrued fact.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Chinese don't seem to mind high taxes and property price in CA.
I was thinking similar. I'm curious if current politicians DGAF about those leaving because they are being replaced by more people that support the Dems ideology.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score

"It's those goddamn "Refugees Welcome" bumper stickers. Liberals see those and move right in." - Ammon Bundy

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Exactly. People are moving and taking the CA politics and mentality with them.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Exactly.

I live in the liberal heartland, the Bay Area. We brought you Tards like Pelosi, Moonbeam, Harris, Swallwell, Feinstein, Newsome, etc.

The tards here are very intolerant of other people’s point of view that don’t agree with theirs.

I just keep my opinion to myself. It is definitely not welcome here.

Well written article. Maybe its a subtle call out article the author hopes to motivate change.

This part stood out to me -

“I’m a gay, brown man. I didn’t think I would feel this way in a red state,” he said. “I’ve been through a lot of social justice circles, and to be living in an area where you are still accepted regardless of your politics or identity has been refreshing. They do accept me, and they don’t care.”

I think its funny, and not uncommon for people to come to this conclusion. Conservatives are vastly more open, welcoming, accepting and tolerant to others lifestyles, beliefs, heritage, etc. than others are, from my experience. ESPECIALLY as of late. When you live in a bubble and only see those around you that claim to be tolerant of others but are actually the furthest thing from tolerant, you believe everyone is like this. Until you see for yourself. Most conservatives don't give 2 fucks about your beliefs or lifestyle as long as it doesn't affect theirs. I would say it's one of the most underrated attributes of conservatives and most misunderstood or misconstrued fact.

RCDave

Reaction score
Exactly.

I live in the liberal heartland, the Bay Area. We brought you Tards like Pelosi, Moonbeam, Harris, Swallwell, Feinstein, Newsome, etc.

The tards here are very intolerant of other people’s point of view that don’t agree with theirs.

I just keep my opinion to myself. It is definitely not welcome here.

Stay quiet, pay yur taxes, pay yur fees, do as they say, and all is great!