WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Earthquake

getreal

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210115-073343_MyRadar.jpg

rrrr

Reaction score
The only quake I've experienced was in 1991 in LA. It was a 5.6, and we were a mile from the epicenter. It hit around 7 AM. The hotel room walls were moving like a crazy house, and a large CRT television hit the floor and exploded.

It scared the shit outta me. I'll take the tornado risk in Texas over earthquakes any day.

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
The only quake I've experienced was a 5.1, and we were a mile from the epicenter. It hit around 7 AM. The hotel room walls were moving like a crazy house, and a large CRT television hit the floor and exploded.

It scared the shit outta me. I'll take the tornado risk in Texas over earthquakes any day.
At least with earthquakes, all your shit is still within 10 feet of where you left it.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Pfffttttt 3.6 ? Wait till you experience a real earthquake like the Sylmar quake in the early 70’s or the Whittier Narrows quake back in the mid 90’s. Those 2 quakes got more people to move out of California than Gavin Newsome, lol 😂

Gelcoater

Reaction score
At least with earthquakes, all your shit is still within 10 feet of where you left it.
Exactly.
Been through lots of quakes.
Never once did I have to go get my truck from farmer Johnson’s field because the quake put it there...a half mile away😂

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Pfffttttt 3.6 ? Wait till you experience a real earthquake like the Sylmar quake in the early 70’s or the Whittier Narrows quake back in the mid 90’s. Those 2 quakes got more people to move out of California than Gavin Newsome, lol 😂
I was 8 or 9 years old living in So Cal when Sylmar hit. It woke me up. 😵

Loma Prieto in 1989 was a good one too.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Was on a call with my team up north in the Bay Area when it happened. They barely yawned.

C-2

Reaction score

Ironically, that's why my Grandparents relocated from Sherman TX to SoCal shortly before WWII.

KingofBeers

Reaction score
I live maybe 15 miles from there on the same side of the water and I didnt feel a thing.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The only quake I've experienced was in 1991 in LA. It was a 5.6, and we were a mile from the epicenter. It hit around 7 AM. The hotel room walls were moving like a crazy house, and a large CRT television hit the floor and exploded.

The frequency of which REAL earthquakes happen is sooo spread out that its hardly a concern. Tornadoes are every damn year during the same period. Ill take the risk of a earthquake every maybe 10 years over a risk of the roof being ripped off my house every year.

4czn10

Reaction score

I hear you rrrr! After the Northridge Quake (We lived in Moorpark at the time), we decided to get the heck out of dodge! (i guess it was the straw that broke the camels back) Quakes, crime, traffic, smog, cost of living, and a downturn in my industry( Aerospace) all played a part in our decision to move, didn't know where, but away from Quakes! So we decided on South Carolina. i would much rather know a Hurricane, or strong weather is coming then be woken up at 5:00 am thinking the earth is going to open up and swallow us whole!