WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Curiosity

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
This obviously isn't a build thread. I wanted to post this to ask the members why they believe there is so little traffic in the Mold Section?

It seems to me, that the building of Hi-Performance boats would be in the top couple sub-forums for traffic. After all, isn't this a motor-sports and lake lifestyle message board?

Aside from that, there are some really cool boats being built right now.

Steve

HCP3

Reaction score
Yeah, it is a bummer to see the mold section so slow, but I am happy to see @Tony DCB Boats is starting to post again. I am not sure why @Eliminator Boats stopped posting. Seems like it slowed right when Covid hit. Cheetah, Advantage and Tahiti (and your build) have been keeping the mold section going. Thanks for that 👍🏼.

575cat

Reaction score
I asked this a while back with deff answer , this section almost stalled ?? supposedly building is very busy .

Skater368

Reaction score
I asked this a while back with deff answer , this section almost stalled ?? supposedly building is very busy .

Agree, I will see no posts in here for a couple days at a time.

RaceTec

Reaction score
One of my favorite sections to check out and dream about building a new boat! I think there was something about Lavey moving? @Goodtime$ posts pretty frequently on social media. I dig all of the different builds!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Agree, I will see no posts in here for a couple days at a time.
I check it out daily, but very little participation from the manufactures for weeks at a time, which I realize is very time consuming. A lot of the time not there's not much to discuss except give kudos and move on.

Skater368

Reaction score
I check it out daily, but very little participation from the manufactures for weeks at a time, which I realize is very time consuming. A lot of the time not there's not much to discuss except give kudos and move on.

So your feeling is that it should be a manufacturer-centric sub-forum? I guess that makes sense. I can also see why some manufacturers keep shit close to their vests and don't feel like putting up all the techniques for the world to see.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
We are living in challenging times. With new boat sales being at an all time high and Covid 19 providing many manufacturing and supply chain challenges, I can't blame the boat companies for not having the time to post all of their builds in this forum. I agree, it's one of my favorite forums on RDP!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
So your feeling is that it should be a manufacturer-centric sub-forum? I guess that makes sense. I can also see why some manufacturers keep shit close to their vests and don't feel like putting up all the techniques for the world to see.
I'm not sure I know what you expect this section to be. I certainly don't have the knowledge to take the lead. I think what you might be expecting is taking place though out the entire website. Maybe you can elaborate.

Skater368

Reaction score
I'm not sure I know what you expect this section to be. I certainly don't have the knowledge to take the lead. I think what you might be expecting is taking place though out the entire website. Maybe you can elaborate.

No expectations. Just sharing my build Freebird.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
The Builds From The Mold and Boat Upgrades and Restorations subforums are what I hit first, but I pretty much live/eat/sleep boats, so I guess it’s kind of natural for me.

I’m totally digging your thread, @Skater368. Maybe not everyone can relate because they don’t ever see a new boat in their future 🤷🏼‍♂️

Seeing new trends and ideas are refreshing for me. When I restomodded my 23 Daytona I took a lot of cues from new builds and incorporated them into my boat. I still have folders with ideas on specific areas like interior, graphics, flooring, and trailers. If you pay attention you can learn a lot.

Thanks again for sharing your build.

I’m still waiting for @getreal to get his 28 Widebody rolling again. That’s going to be a bad bitch too.

Skater368

Reaction score
The Builds From The Mold and Boat Upgrades and Restorations subforums are what I hit first, but I pretty much live/eat/sleep boats, so I guess it’s kind of natural for me.

I’m totally digging your thread, @Skater368. Maybe not everyone can relate because they don’t ever see a new boat in their future 🤷🏼‍♂️

Seeing new trends and ideas are refreshing for me. When I restomodded my 23 Daytona I took a lot of cues from new builds and incorporated them into my boat. I still have folders with ideas on specific areas like interior, graphics, flooring, and trailers. If you pay attention you can learn a lot.

Thanks again for sharing your build.

I’m still waiting for @getreal to get his 28 Widebody rolling again. That’s going to be a bad bitch too.

Getreals boat was in the booth my first trip to Skater.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
100% speculation on my end, but i assume that the west coast builders are mostly trying to stay under the radar. Pleasure boats aren’t considered ESSENTIAL 🤪, and so just trying to work to keep up and make the money while they can.
And then those like yourself that are having a custom boat built, well they shouldn’t have much if any excuse. Like Hydro said my favorite is the in the mold and the upgrade section are my favorite as well.
I need to get on my boat and or my thread as I’ve done a few very minor things lately but at least it’s something.