WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Latest Magic down at Horizon

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sweet mother of god why did you point that out to me? Gonna f with my day now.

What is the drink coaster looking thing under the VesselView display?

It’s one of the wireless chargers for phones.. there is a couple of them in the boat.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Any more pics of the gel scheme?

it was close to the other boats in the showroom, which is amazing for showing boats but impossible to take pictures in..

If I stop by again this week I’ll grab some.

240Hallett

Reaction score
At first glance it looked like a different shade and missed matched lines. I see now that that section of floor is on a different height and probably a different angle which would explain my optical delusion.

hallett21

Reaction score
Nice to see them building these. And not growing faster than they need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
It’s one of the wireless chargers for phones.. there is a couple of them in the boat.

That’s not going to work well in Havasu heat. Phones sitting in the sun will shut down and batteries can explode or be a fire hazard. Found out while charging an RC boat kicking it in the channel. I tossed that shit in the water before it engulfed the boat and went back to my beer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That’s not going to work well in Havasu heat. Phones sitting in the sun will shut down and batteries can explode or be a fire hazard. Found out while charging an RC boat kicking it in the channel. I tossed that shit in the water before it engulfed the boat and went back to my beer.

put a towel over it. That’s what I do when my phone is on my dash

DWC

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing some better shots of the exterior.

The Magic interior isn’t horrible. The SeaDek is a little busy but I’d get over it. The colors are similar to the new Eliminator. A new floor would change the look quite a bit.
AA33DBF0-D295-41B8-BCF6-5FB7A5252C8A.jpeg
417B898D-D929-43D2-B82D-D87D01B88D9F.jpeg

Jay Dub

Reaction score
I assumed that. Being Horzion is a dealer I was asking who is building them or they do have there own facility?
This past summer there were two of the new Magic's at Saleen. They were working on the liners. I'm not sure who did the hulls.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Do you know who makes the charger? I kinda want to have a couple installed in the glovebox of ours...

I have one of these on my service boat. They work pretty well to slowly charge or maintain charge but they can't compete against a wired fast charger.

16112396527183111463767253393256.jpg

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I have one of these on my service boat. They work pretty well to slowly charge or maintain charge but they can't compete against a wired fast charger.

View attachment 964315

not to mention having your phone sitting out in the 110*+ sun while fast charging is a good way to get it to go into heat protection mode.

i think its great they're making new ones, what will be interesting is all the old magics will they go up in price to compete with these or will they drop now that theres new offerings? are they direct off the old molds or was there any improvements made from 20 years ago?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
not to mention having your phone sitting out in the 110*+ sun while fast charging is a good way to get it to go into heat protection mode.

i think its great they're making new ones, what will be interesting is all the old magics will they go up in price to compete with these or will they drop now that theres new offerings? are they direct off the old molds or was there any improvements made from 20 years ago?

The old ones will will hold in price. You still can't get a new 28' deckboat for anywhere close to $100K unless you want a 26' Cheetah Wildcat. If given the choice, I'd do a new Wildcat over a 15 year old Magic any day.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I assumed that. Being Horzion is a dealer I was asking who is building them or they do have there own facility?

they do have their own facility up off college. I believe the hulls are being subbed out to a fiberglass shop and rigging is as well right now. I know that Preston plans on bringing all that in house at some point, but don't know when or the details.

RD

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
they do have their own facility up off college. I believe the hulls are being subbed out to a fiberglass shop and rigging is as well right now. I know that Preston plans on bringing all that in house at some point, but don't know when or the details.

RD
This'll be interesting to watch.... Iconic brand out your way, especially for those decks I hear. I'm guessing thats some crowded market space with Nordic holding number one spot in new deck sales right? I'm guessing. Its all about if Magic can leverage the brand name and meld that with a boat that is strategically positioned on quality/ price & appeal. Fine line to walk is my thinking and minimal production is key.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This'll be interesting to watch.... Iconic brand out your way, especially for those decks I hear. I'm guessing thats some crowded market space with Nordic holding number one spot in new deck sales right? I'm guessing. Its all about if Magic can leverage the brand name and meld that with a boat that is strategically positioned on quality/ price & appeal. Fine line to walk is my thinking and minimal production is key.

I don't think he's trying to turn it into the biggest boat mfg out here. He's got a ton of other business interests, and he's doing one boat at a time, purely because of demand.

RD

Reactions: DWC

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I don't think he's trying to turn it into the biggest boat mfg out here. He's got a ton of other business interests, and he's doing one boat at a time, purely because of demand.

RD
Makes sense.... should be enough brand pent up demand to be viable. Talk about a brand that just won't go away ... permanently anyway ha.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I don't get the sea deck busy floors. I think it looks like crap, not just this boat. The material is fine, but everyone is going way over board on the patterns. This is not goin to age well.
But Im wrong all the time!

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I don't get the sea deck busy floors. I think it looks like crap, not just this boat. The material is fine, but everyone is going way over board on the patterns. This is not goin to age well.

I'm not a fan of it at all. It is literally a mechanics worst nightmare. It gets stained All The Fucking time. I have to be more careful in a seadecked boat than a nurse in the covid wing. Its a fucking nuisance and the shit doesn't last. I push snap in Seagrass to every customer of mine who asks about seadeck

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of it at all. It is literally a mechanics worst nightmare. It gets stained All The Fucking time. I have to be more careful in a seadecked boat than a nurse in the covid wing. Its a fucking nuisance and the shit doesn't last. I push snap in Seagrass to every customer of mine who asks about seadeck
I like a floor on a deck boat with nothing. Just fiberglass.
I dont get the crazy patterns

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
After walking on a plain fiberglass deck in August, and then a sea deck... no comparison. Sea deck all the way.

cuz_im_CR

Reaction score
Anyone know who is doing the interior in these boats.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Sorry to say I’m not a fan of the non-metallic cement gray base that’s been popular lately on a lot of these west coast boats. Also I’d ditch the crazy sea deck flooring and the crazy stitching as well.

calkid

Reaction score

Kind of like the gel patterns that had ribbons, checker board and flames all on one boat 🤮

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Jesus.. lol. Ok I will try to find out tomorrow