WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP Meet Up - Lake Travis - June 5-6?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just wondering how many RDP'ers would be interested in a RDP Meet up that weekend on Lake Travis in TX?

We would be towing out for it, and I know there's several members that are local to it. :)

RD

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Just wondering how many RDP'ers would be interested in a RDP Meet up that weekend on Lake Travis in TX?

We would be towing out for it, and I know there's several members that are local to it. :)

RD
We'll be in Cancun

sirbob

Reaction score
I am considering towing my boat on an around the US tour this summer.

My draft plan was to tow to lake Travis / Austin mid June. Then on up to something in TN / MO etc then on to NY for July 4th - then through Canada to Upper MI then any lakes I can find back to home ????

By the way - my cousin has a bar in Austin.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I have been, its not all that big, not sure if it would be worth the drive frankly.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I would drive up from houston. Austin’s a fun weekend getaway for our family.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
all of us?

We can push the TX thing back a week etc.. the weekend isn't the gating factor.

RD
Yes if you would like to. It's cheap June 3-7 I paid $4900 for 6 people w/ flight and all inclusive

Reactions: DWC

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I'm in, though I don't particularly want to go get the boat in Havasu to drag back to Texas so I'll jump in with someone and provide beer and boat bitch services lol. Travis is a beautiful lake, it does however get rough as hell since its all stone and like a big washtub in places. Good times to be had though. Gnarly Gar is a good on the water venue for drinks/food/music (floating bar).

River Floating in Braunfels is a good time as well..and it's a block from my place. I'd consider hosting a BBQ at my house.

Last edited:

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

RD

roughly 17 hours of driving. I recommend anyone coming to maybe caravan it out and stop in Van Horn for a night..El Capitan is our stop point with the "2 kids, 2 dogs, and the fuckin hamster"

fmo24

Reaction score
This could be fun, we will be at friends outside of Houston for memorial weekend then plan on heading north for a summer wander if all things seem semi normal. Hopefully Canadian border is open by mid July so we can go back into Ontario to see other friends

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Just rent a pontoon. Lots of options on Travis and some good rentals too. I wouldn’t drag the boat from Havasu but I’ll rent a kickass pontoon and have a great time.

I'm in, though I don't particularly want to go get the boat in Havasu to drag back to Texas so I'll jump in with someone and provide beer and boat bitch services lol. Travis is a beautiful lake, it does however get rough as hell since its all stone and like a big washtub in places. Good times to be had though. Gnarly Gar is a good on the water venue for drinks/food/music (floating bar).

River Floating in Braunfels is a good time as well..and it's a block from my place. I'd consider hosting a BBQ at my house.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Just rent a pontoon. Lots of options on Travis and some good rentals too. I wouldn’t drag the boat from Havasu but I’ll rent a kickass pontoon and have a great time.

I've owned a couple cruisers that i kept at emerald point, and LTM and got to know a few of the rental guys. Flights via vegas to austin are dirt cheap booked ahead.. I did that trip an excessive number of times last year lol There's a guy who rents out a bitchin party pontoon out of LTM for a pretty fair price...slide/grill etc...with a sober driver.

Last edited:

shunter2005

Reaction score

Think we are in for a Travis trip. Certainly don't blame you for that. Long drive twice. So, if you need a ride, you can hitch in on our boat. Could use a little assist launching as well. May come up to NB a day or two before and hit Canyon for a day. Haven't been there in 30 yrs, so it might be a nice pre-run day there before Travis. Let me know if you are interested.

Looks like Travis is down about 22 ft. right now. If we get a lot of rain this winter, she should be pretty good by June.

fmo24

Reaction score
What RV park is closest to where everyone will be. I see several but they are all over?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am considering towing my boat on an around the US tour this summer.

My draft plan was to tow to lake Travis / Austin mid June. Then on up to something in TN / MO etc then on to NY for July 4th - then through Canada to Upper MI then any lakes I can find back to home ????

By the way - my cousin has a bar in Austin.

maybe we will join ya!

2Driver

Reaction score
Do one day on LBJ since your right there. Its always full.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
What RV park is closest to where everyone will be. I see several but they are all over?

Lakeway is typical for most people... The lake is "smaller" as far as across etc..but to drive to different areas gets long. Lakeway is pretty central, uber'able to austin, and easy to drive down to the breweries/music venues etc in the hill country

fmo24

Reaction score
Lakeway is typical for most people... The lake is "smaller" as far as across etc..but to drive to different areas gets long. Lakeway is pretty central, uber'able to austin, and easy to drive down to the breweries/music venues etc in the hill country
thanks, we full time rv and will be in the area memorial weekend so thought we could check it out on our way north. I guess if it happens and gets closer we can figure out a central local. We Flat tow a Jeep so have transportation

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

La Hacienda RV park near Lakeway is the one yall will want to go to

City Park is a nice spot too but it is in Lake Austin

Last edited:

toto

Reaction score
We are in and I agree with Rvrluvr and One Day. Possum Kingdom is better as Travis isn't that big but we are in either way.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Trying to talk a Chicago area Hallett to make the trip down. So that might be one more. Might consider leaving there and heading to LOTO for a few days.

XX14

Reaction score
I’m in. Just saw this. Let me know when and I’ll make it happen. The tubing thing would be a good idea as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Think we are in for a Travis trip. Certainly don't blame you for that. Long drive twice. So, if you need a ride, you can hitch in on our boat. Could use a little assist launching as well. May come up to NB a day or two before and hit Canyon for a day. Haven't been there in 30 yrs, so it might be a nice pre-run day there before Travis. Let me know if you are interested.

Looks like Travis is down about 22 ft. right now. If we get a lot of rain this winter, she should be pretty good by June.
Don't be giving all those seats away, I might want one 😂

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I’m in. Just saw this. Let me know when and I’ll make it happen. The tubing thing would be a good idea as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If we make this happen we can essentially use my house as a "base aka parking/bbq area.." that day.. We're close enough to drop in and i can likely arrange through a local company a bus back. I'm sure after float activities could be arranged.. I live around the corner from a good bar with plenty of seating right by the river. We're in the "historic district of NB.. Dave touch base with me and let me know how you want to proceed. Ill be in havasu this weekend..have to take "shit" to the havasu house remodel.. lol

BTW schlitterbahn is "essentially" across from us (3 blocks), its a good time.

copterzach

Reaction score
So
Is this happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk