WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Out of state purchase and transport?

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Any of the guys here deal with purchasing out of state from a dealer and then who? or how? to have it transported to me so i dont have to drive and do the trip haha. Thanks

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Lakeview ohio to wildomar california if i end up going that route and it really does save me money.
Local ca dealer wants 56k for the same trailer that ohio dealer has for 39999 same options. 🤷🏽‍♂️

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Lots of options, fly in with your hitch and rent a Enterprise pick up, one way rental. Or have one of the transport companies on here get it for you, Outlaw, etc.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
I loke
Lots of options, fly in with your hitch and rent a Enterprise pick up, one way rental. Or have one of the transport companies on here get it for you, Outlaw, etc.
the fly in idea with a one way rental haha ill keep that in mind on a small trailer 👍🏽. I have seen outlaw before ill reach out, wasnt sure if he did 5th wheel toy haulers as well. Any other suggestions for vendors to transport.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Lakeview ohio to wildomar california if i end up going that route and it really does save me money.
Local ca dealer wants 56k for the same trailer that ohio dealer has for 39999 same options. 🤷🏽‍♂️
is 56 k out the door????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
also what are you buying???? new ???? I live in vegas and buy from cal,.. delivered to my door huge savings,... get a purchace order and go to the dealer.. local,... and then if that doesn't work, do an OTD deal from ohio.... beware of hiring your own transportor... they have been known for dropping a load on the way to go do a load that pays more, and being under insured... I seen a 5th wheel wreck a couple days ago on the way to havasu.... the only thing left of the 5th wheel was the frame,... they had to use a front loader to clean up the mess....

when I do an out of state I have the cashiers check in hand , and give it after inspection.... I don't think you will save dealing with a dealer that you don't have history with,.... and tell you you better go inspect the unit,... I've had to send a few back.... next,... you will loose your cal lemon law protection,...thats huge....next,.... repairs under warranty will take for ever,... if they will do them at all... I had to lemon law a class A,.. and the only way it got done in nev was the dealer got to sell the replacement coach.... feel free to contact me for more info.....Steve

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
also what are you buying???? new ???? I live in vegas and buy from cal,.. delivered to my door huge savings,... get a purchace order and go to the dealer.. local,... and then if that doesn't work, do an OTD deal from ohio.... beware of hiring your own transportor... they have been known for dropping a load on the way to go do a load that pays more, and being under insured... I seen a 5th wheel wreck a couple days ago on the way to havasu.... the only thing left of the 5th wheel was the frame,... they had to use a front loader to clean up the mess....

when I do an out of state I have the cashiers check in hand , and give it after inspection.... I don't think you will save dealing with a dealer that you don't have history with,.... and tell you you better go inspect the unit,... I've had to send a few back.... next,... you will loose your cal lemon law protection,...thats huge....next,.... repairs under warranty will take for ever,... if they will do them at all... I had to lemon law a class A,.. and the only way it got done in nev was the dealer got to sell the replacement coach.... feel free to contact me for more info.....Steve
Steve thanks for the reply!!
Locally was 56k out the door here in CA. The dealer RV wholesale in ohio gave me a build quote with their shipping company to my house for 39,999. They also broker bid the financing in house and everything is doc u sign etc like a home refi. I was thinking of looking at leveraging on my local dealer to see how close he will go especially like you mentioned the lemon law and warranty stuff.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I just did this last month, bought from a dealer in Ohio that was a lot lower than anything I could find locally. They charged me 3200 to meet me in Williams Arizona, and I did the financing and transport through them so that they couldn't push the blame off on anyone else if it showed up with damage or was in an accident.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve thanks for the reply!!
Locally was 56k out the door here in CA. The dealer RV wholesale in ohio gave me a build quote with their shipping company to my house for 39,999. They also broker bid the financing in house and everything is doc u sign etc like a home refi. I was thinking of looking at leveraging on my local dealer to see how close he will go especially like you mentioned the lemon law and warranty stuff.
you just need to make sure you don't own it till they deliver it...and you accept it...

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Any of the guys here deal with purchasing out of state from a dealer and then who? or how? to have it transported to me so i dont have to drive and do the trip haha. Thanks
I bought a 36' 5th wheel in Minnesota, it cost only $2800 to have it towed to San Dimas Ca