WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Texas bound

Andy B.

Reaction score
Seriously thinking about selling everthing and moving to Couer D Alene I have a class A all indorsements except hazardous just waiting on fingerprints., don't need to make much semi retired. Not looking forward to all the bullshit laws they're going to push threw and sick of Sisoshit lying and killing our state!!!!

buck35

Reaction score
Just be careful of location, I've lived in the red half of WA. my whole life and it's turning fast. All of the small farms are being bulldozed and homes , townhouses or condos springing up everywhere , and bringing their blue ideals with them .
As soon as I can convince the wife, I'm outta here and gmuck can try and grow his fude or starve.

parker guy

Reaction score
Well this is the lot. We should get the phone call once it’s released for sale and if we still want it’s ours. Hoping for no bs and we get the call, that’s our only obstacle.

Lots of nice oak trees. Will need to take a couple out for the house but should work out with some nice ones in front and in the back.

View attachment 961549 View attachment 961550 View attachment 961551 View attachment 961552 View attachment 961554 View attachment 961555 View attachment 961556 View attachment 961557
What is the name of the community?

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Reading all these posts, DAMN!! IS "it" EVERYWHERE? The crazy, radical, things for Free, Life Is Good thinking is moving in from all sides. There will have to be Day Of Correction, and soon!!

BajaMike

Reaction score
Make sure you stop at buc-ces On the way up 35 in New Braunfels. You will see the signs. A gas station you’ll never forget.
We looked south of Austin before deciding on Georgetown. About 30 miles north of Austin.

Buccees is cool. Noting else like it. Great place to gas up. Especially if you have a big trailer or coach, lots of room!

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Good by Texas.

0639E19A-BB8B-4C43-A52B-F08DB82684AA.jpeg
9A5D178E-A056-4457-8F15-7C06DC212EDC.jpeg

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Great thread , so the move is still on? Good luck and fortune if so!

It’s still very possible. Now that we have the location we want to live I can focus on the property. I need more industrial and not commercial property. So now going to look at property and pricing out a building and see how that looks.

Then a good convo with my key workers and how they feel. I can’t do it with out them.

Last edited:

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
View attachment 965213 View attachment 965212

Took a couple pics of your future home lake. These are from each end of the dam. Canyon Lake, TEXAS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Having lived down here for two different periods of time...never liked canyon..and I live in NB. It's worth the drive to me to go to travis or lake austin. Maybe it was the weekends I went🤷‍♂️

XX14

Reaction score
Having lived down here for two different periods of time...never liked canyon..and I live in NB. It's worth the drive to me to go to travis or lake austin. Maybe it was the weekends I went[emoji2369]

It’s a really nice lake but with drought and dam issues at the other local lakes it does get stupid on weekends. I like it because I’m 20 minutes from the ramp but I would agree that Travis has much more of a Havasu river feel.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
It’s a really nice lake but with drought and dam issues at the other local lakes it does get stupid on weekends. I like it because I’m 20 minutes from the ramp but I would agree that Travis has much more of a Havasu river feel.

I bought a boat off that lake in 2015..the water was almost a yellow..and just reminded me of being dirty...and i remember a lot of underwater obstructions. Im sure it's a nice like under normal circumstances. I agree...Travis was more my style, and most of my boating friends here go there.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Great time. Already want to go back. Partially because it’s new, obviously.

I'm in the same boat about Montana...we just got back from putting in an offer up there..its a bidding war now on the place we liked...whether or not this one works out, MT is for sure our next destination... I loved it up there, so i get the new thing lol

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat about Montana...we just got back from putting in an offer up there..its a bidding war now on the place we liked...whether or not this one works out, MT is for sure our next destination... I loved it up there, so i get the new thing lol

Retiring in MT? A family friend moved to Missoula and loved it. But not being a native Montanian he couldn’t get enough work. He was a successful rep for a title company. Only lasted a couple of years and moved to Idaho. Now they are doing real-estate.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Retiring in MT? A family friend moved to Missoula and loved it. But not being a native Montanian he couldn’t get enough work. He was a successful rep for a title company. Only lasted a couple of years and moved to Idaho. Now they are doing real-estate.

I'm far below retirement age.. I will work remote, and travel a bit. The industry (energy efficiency) I'm in is growing quite a bit there so I intend to open an office there as well. We stayed in Missoula two nights...that town has had a LOT of west coast money dumped in it in recent years and it shows... We had a good time though...lots of great shithole bars there lol. We stayed the other night down in Dillon, which was a very MT town if there is such a thing. Met the owner of one of the restaurants and he was actually cool and open about people moving there and his thoughts. We found a small town that we are kinda fixated on at this point, looking for a large piece of land, and we can't get that in Texas with what pricing has done.. Idaho, and Wyoming are also on our list if we can't find what we want in MT. We're trying to buy land now, and have time to build etc...move in late 2022.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I'm far below retirement age.. I will work remote, and travel a bit. The industry (energy efficiency) I'm in is growing quite a bit there so I intend to open an office there as well. We stayed in Missoula two nights...that town has had a LOT of west coast money dumped in it in recent years and it shows... We had a good time though...lots of great shithole bars there lol. We stayed the other night down in Dillon, which was a very MT town if there is such a thing. Met the owner of one of the restaurants and he was actually cool and open about people moving there and his thoughts. We found a small town that we are kinda fixated on at this point, looking for a large piece of land, and we can't get that in Texas with what pricing has done.. Idaho, and Wyoming are also on our list if we can't find what we want in MT. We're trying to buy land now, and have time to build etc...move in late 2022.

How much land? As you would know,
I was surprised of the cost of land in TX hill county. It’s pricey, but it’s not going to get any cheaper. So we are going to jump and if it all pans out we will move when the utility’s etc hit the lot late 2022. If not we can sell later and either break even and make a little, who knows.

MT for the wife and young kids is a bit rule for them. We’ll have to see what happens once we become empty nesters.

Hope it all works out for you.

I heard that Kanye has a spread for sale in MT. I guess people saw him coming and sold him the ranch that has no water (sulfur water) and needs to truck it all in.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
How much land? As you would know,
I was surprised of the cost of land in TX hill county. It’s pricey, but it’s not going to get any cheaper. So we are going to jump and if it all pans out we will move when the utility’s etc hit the lot late 2022. If not we can sell later and either break even and make a little, who knows.

MT for the wife and young kids is a bit rule for them. We’ll have to see what happens once we become empty nesters.

Hope it all works out for you.

I heard that Kanye has a spread for sale in MT. I guess people saw him coming and sold him the ranch that has no water (sulfur water) and needs to truck it all in.

We're looking for 200+ acres.. Yea Hill country prices went crazy, the last 24 months even more so. We kick ourselves for not buying a place between NB and Marion we looked at in 2019..its doubled at this point which is out of our reach. I don't think there is a scenario (plausible) that you loose on that deal. We have a 10 year old, and an 8 month old, and likely will add one more in the next couple years. I grew up on a farm, so I'm wanting to return to something like that for my kids.

One thing Ive noticed and my realtor has been good about being on top of is water and mineral rights. Whatever's meant to be will happen, im a firm believer in that.

What did you think of El Capitan? It's a cool little spot, good drinks at the bar too lol

Done-it-again

Reaction score
We're looking for 200+ acres.. Yea Hill country prices went crazy, the last 24 months even more so. We kick ourselves for not buying a place between NB and Marion we looked at in 2019..its doubled at this point which is out of our reach. I don't think there is a scenario (plausible) that you loose on that deal. We have a 10 year old, and an 8 month old, and likely will add one more in the next couple years. I grew up on a farm, so I'm wanting to return to something like that for my kids.

One thing Ive noticed and my realtor has been good about being on top of is water and mineral rights. Whatever's meant to be will happen, im a firm believer in that.

What did you think of El Capitan? It's a cool little spot, good drinks at the bar too lol

Wow, 200ac. I can only dream. My wife was trippin on a 5ac lot and needing a well. Lol. I said I wanted land so I can get lost mending the fence.

I agree if it’s meant to be so be it.

El cap is a great place. Love their take on chicken fried steak. Should be back in a few months picking up my fathers truck once repaired from his accident.

pkbullet

Reaction score
Where are you at? I could do a lot of hunting dog training on a pond like that!
South of Breckinridge, about ten miles. It has eight ponds currently, think of adding a few. Not sure how much duck hunting we will do, mostly dove, quail, deer and turkey.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Closed on our ranch today, tractor shopping tomorrow.

A few of my friends down here have all bought mahindra's in the last few years... pretty much all of them from the same dealer in new braunfels. They have some well priced package deals. Im sure a dealer up there has something similar.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
South of Breckinridge, about ten miles. It has eight ponds currently, think of adding a few. Not sure how much duck hunting we will do, mostly dove, quail, deer and turkey.

I have family in Cross Plains Tx. Not to far.

shock22

Reaction score
We are closing on our new home in Texas next Wednesday , Cedar Creek Lake has nice view of lake

Done-it-again

Reaction score
So little update....

We are in the middle of buying the land in the community. Never done land before so its little different and I was little leery of the contract that was sent by the developer. But all is cleared up and understood. I'm also frugal (wife calls me cheap) so I had to shop around for the best loan rate, so I needed to join a credit union to get in the 4's, if not land loans are in the 7's outside credit unions. So a donation to the PTA made that a reality. Crossing fingers in 30 ish days its ours.

Now will it be the place we move too. Who knows, after what Elon said about Austin being the biggest boom town in 50 yrs..... things will spread out. If it changes for the worse in a year or so, then we are hoping its a bit of a investment as big money people will be moving to the area, even though its little over an hour away from Austin not everyone wants to live in a city. Maybe not make a ton of money but wont lose any either and we have time to think of the big picture.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
We are closing on our new home in Texas next Wednesday , Cedar Creek Lake has nice view of lake

My grandson and I go to Cedar Creek every spring to hit the crappie spawn. It's a nice lake.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Back in Texas for a few days. Kids wanted the first stop to be buc-ees. Why not, didn’t get up till 10:30 local time so skipped breakfast and right to a brisket sandwich and a ice tea. lol.

Then off to our 1:30 tour of the Natural bridge caverns. Did both cave tours, unbelievable looking. Would like to check out the New Mexico ones next just to compare. Glad we did it.

After that picked up a 12 pack and foam cooler and headed to our lot just to hang out for a bit. Looks way different from January with all the green natural grass growing.
Was pretty shocked to see the development pretty much sold out. Kinda hoping the lots next to us hadn't sold. Was thinking on our way in if they weren’t, then pick the one additional lot up and combine them. No such luck, pretty shocked to see the development pretty much sold out.

Will be back at the lot tomorrow and tour some new homes. Then need to make our way to Abilene in the evening or sat morning for a wedding.

C4D9AB3B-D7F5-46E2-A087-B1C82D41FE95.jpeg

BC44EE37-A5AE-46D3-A7E9-919718D02BE0.jpeg
A9208E5B-C5FF-488B-84F4-A88E81F6D921.jpeg
D19CBE7C-3C26-4501-BCAB-3B95E4ED769E.jpeg
27560946-003E-41B9-9BB9-DA26451724E7.jpeg
9BB6A7B7-D92D-4030-8839-693A3FC8D611.jpeg
787E8E07-C3E8-4E00-B304-0226E8A740E8.jpeg
A5D0333A-3BB9-4548-BD1E-0C4AC52EF71A.jpeg
F59307B3-2B75-4D8C-9FC8-BF576EB9E946.jpeg

WYRD

Reaction score
Still jealous...you are living my ultimate fantasy 🖕👍:cool:

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Cool thread to read through. Congrats!

I’m from south TX and throughly enjoy spending time down there with the family.

If you’re looking for custom fabrication work for the build look up Loose Cannon Industries. They’re based out of ATX and ran by my badass godsister Inez. They do great work!
F713C319-DF5D-4D75-94AD-D741E44264EE.jpeg

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Still jealous...you are living my ultimate fantasy 🖕👍:cool:

We had to start somewhere. Could have had a new speedster instead. Lol

It’s a process though. Especially dealing with family all moving and make everyone happy.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
We had to start somewhere. Could have had a new speedster instead. Lol

It’s a process though. Especially dealing with family all moving and make everyone happy.

I can't tell you how many times I have listened to"OLDER" late 70's+ say I "WISH". I could Have, Should Have = DIDN'T☹

It is Your Life!!