WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Don’t run chase lights that have red and blue lights.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Don’t do it. At least in Gorman. I get it but we are not trying to impersonate an LEO. A warning would be nice instead if the ticket. But it is what it is. All good. My BIL got the ticket.

But that young Sheriff seemed like he had something to prove. Pulled three of us over because one guy was doing donuts in an area he should not have ( which is wrong and we were kinda pissed at him for it ) They gave my BIL a ticket for the chase light and said we will give you a pass on the donuts. BIL wasn’t even doing the donuts and told the young sheriff but didn’t want to argue. Guy that was doing the donuts they didn’t even talk to. Young sheriff was acting like an ass and asked to see my DL when I did nothing wrong. I asked why he needed my DL and he said because we were doing donuts. I said I wasn’t doing donuts and he just snapped at me and said I’m not going to argue with you. I said no worries here is my DL because I can tell what type of person I was dealing with. I was talking with the young sheriff’s partner while waiting and said I have the same light but it wasn’t on when they pulled us over. He was cool took a look at it and just said get a different one without blue and red light
. I said no worries. Will do. Super cool guy.

We all thanked them both when we were done. BIL actually took a picture with the young sheriff when he got the ticket.

Then after all was done and we were leaving same young sheriff comes back taking pictures of us while we are leaving? Not sure what that was about but we left.

Lesson of the day. Don’t run a chase light with blue and red lights and don’t run with idiots doing donuts where they know they shouldn’t.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Chase lights should be solid or flashing Amber for recognition through the dust, and red for brake lights. Why in the hell would you want to run blue and red rear-facing lights?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

cakemoto

Reaction score
That is definitely known especially in Glamis that’s one what they look for.And I’m pretty sure you can have red or blue lights they just can’t be flashing that’s for emergency vehicles only

dspracing

Reaction score
Back when I was trying to purchase a chase light I had the hardest time trying to find one without the blue lights and/or flashing. TF do people want blue lights for?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Blue chase lights are required for slow classes in offroad racing. This is so the fast classes do not bump them. It’s in the rule book that a fast class can not bump or nerf a slower class. Most of the time it’s yellow flashing and blue solid with red brakes.

Also rock lights cannot flash blue and red too

grumpy88

Reaction score
I was wondering about the whips last night . The guy i was following had whips that changed color and pulsed including reds and blues along with other colors .

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Sounds like a 38346 code.
How about posting actual violation on the cite here?
Did Deputy have a body cam? Most likely not and for the Post comments, probably took pic expecting a complaint.
The issue of red /blue lights in off road has been Around for decades.
Gorman has a high LE presence, not surprised they were out there.
All traffic stops are a two way street. That said, end of the day, sounds like a lawful and legit stop. If it wasn’t , call for a supervisor at scene or file a complaint.
Everyone can argue the attitiudes or lack of on any stop, no one else was there.
Everyone can argue the point of the stop.

Gorman and jawbone area are highly enforced , I’d go further up 5 or 395 for less enforcement

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Blue chase lights are required for slow classes in offroad racing. This is so the fast classes do not bump them. It’s in the rule book that a fast class can not bump or nerf a slower class. Most of the time it’s yellow flashing and blue solid with red brakes.

Also rock lights cannot flash blue and red too

I did know about the blue for the slower classes, I’ve also seen chase lights with green. Is green required by any sanctioning body?

EPL

Reaction score
Lesson of the day. Don’t run a chase light with blue and red lights and don’t run with idiots doing donuts where they know they shouldn’t.

Lesson of the day should have been don't doing stupid shit like donuts and other dumb stuff where your not suppose to !!

Brobee

Reaction score
RD is getting a green chase light for Xmas then. :)

giphy.gif

Snap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I was wondering about the whips last night . The guy i was following had whips that changed color and pulsed including reds and blues along with other colors .
I wouldn’t stop for flashing whips and certainly wouldn’t cite for whip lights alonen.
That’s a stretch (whip lights ), especially if they can be changed by remote.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
But the LEO passed on the doughnuts, something doesn’t feel right about that.
impersonating a cop is a more serious crime than donuts. Look at all the street racers doing donuts in the intersections walking away

riverroyal

Reaction score
Blue red individual or combo has always been illegal. No matter where you are.
I talked to havasu pd about this. They said any color on the street can be illegal. They suggested turn them off on the road.
I run a flash pattern of amber ish in the dirt during the day

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Sounds like a 38346 code.
How about posting actual violation on the cite here?
Did Deputy have a body cam? Most likely not and for the Post comments, probably took pic expecting a complaint.
The issue of red /blue lights in off road has been Around for decades.
Gorman has a high LE presence, not surprised they were out there.
All traffic stops are a two way street. That said, end of the day, sounds like a lawful and legit stop. If it wasn’t , call for a supervisor at scene or file a complaint.
Everyone can argue the attitiudes or lack of on any stop, no one else was there.
Everyone can argue the point of the stop.

Gorman and jawbone area are highly enforced , I’d go further up 5 or 395 for less enforcement

Not going to make a big deal of it. BIL is just going to pay the ticket and move on. Showed my neighbor who is LEO and said not much to do.

they did say I could get one with green and red and that is fine. Just can’t have red and blue combination.

not sure about the body cam I thought I did see one on the one who looked at my lights. He said they are enforcing more. I guess they were reporting on a call of a fight at a camp ground but went to the wrong one because of the red and blue chase light thing.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Large orange font. Has a nice rear light bar at a reasonable price!
@LargeOrangeFont

maybe he can post it up

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Blue red individual or combo has always been illegal. No matter where you are.
I talked to havasu pd about this. They said any color on the street can be illegal. They suggested turn them off on the road.
I run a flash pattern of amber ish in the dirt during the day

wife got me the chase light for Christmas. They have all different types of light color combinations.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
That is definitely known especially in Glamis that’s one what they look for.And I’m pretty sure you can have red or blue lights they just can’t be flashing that’s for emergency vehicles only

Sherif said flashing or not flashing doest matter. Cannot have the red and blue combo. My chase light has red, blue and amber. Has flashing or solid modes.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Back in my day, people ran actual police car lights and sirens on their off-road toys and never got hassled lol

BajaMike

Reaction score
Don’t do it. At least in Gorman. I get it but we are not trying to impersonate an LEO. A warning would be nice instead if the ticket. But it is what it is. All good. My BIL got the ticket.

But that young Sheriff seemed like he had something to prove. Pulled three of us over because one guy was doing donuts in an area he should not have ( which is wrong and we were kinda pissed at him for it ) They gave my BIL a ticket for the chase light and said we will give you a pass on the donuts. BIL wasn’t even doing the donuts and told the young sheriff but didn’t want to argue. Guy that was doing the donuts they didn’t even talk to. Young sheriff was acting like an ass and asked to see my DL when I did nothing wrong. I asked why he needed my DL and he said because we were doing donuts. I said I wasn’t doing donuts and he just snapped at me and said I’m not going to argue with you. I said no worries here is my DL because I can tell what type of person I was dealing with. I was talking with the young sheriff’s partner while waiting and said I have the same light but it wasn’t on when they pulled us over. He was cool took a look at it and just said get a different one without blue and red light
. I said no worries. Will do. Super cool guy.

We all thanked them both when we were done. BIL actually took a picture with the young sheriff when he got the ticket.

Then after all was done and we were leaving same young sheriff comes back taking pictures of us while we are leaving? Not sure what that was about but we left.

i do to or what “chase lights” are. Anyone have a picture?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Yeah buddy of mine got a ticket for running Blue Chase Lights in Glamis last year. $150 Dollar Lesson 🤪.

I’ve ran a flashing Amber & Green Rear LED Light Bar for 6 years now. Before I bought it we almost got rear ended by a dirt back doing probably 75 mph in Ocotillo Wells in dust so thick you could barely see 20 feet in front of you. He ended up running into a bush probably 100 yards ahead and almost killing himself. When we stopped to help him I told him you almost rear ended us and he said he never even seen us, lol. Scared the poop 💩 outta me! I bought the chase light the next day when I got home.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Large orange font. Has a nice rear light bar at a reasonable price!
@LargeOrangeFont

maybe he can post it up

I have a Xprite 30” chase bar. For $99 shipped including the switch you can’t beat it. I have been very happy with it, works awesome day or night. You can hook the red lights to your brake lights, and the ambers will strobe, stay solid or turn off. They have a 36” version for a few bucks more.

Just don’t get the color option they sell with blue and amber

Xprite 30" Offroad LED Rear Chase Strobe Light bar w/Brake Reverse Turn Signal Light for Polaris RZR XP 1000 900, UTV, ATV, Side by Sides, 4x4, Trophy Truck - RZ Series RYWYR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074NVHHBN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_98CdGb793ZABA

Another great option that will come on my RZR when it is put up for sale in a couple months!
392629C1-F4F7-40EE-9830-2FB8D7DB34F0.jpeg
7FD9B2BF-C5C2-4121-8E05-C9A3507B6B79.jpeg

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I have a Xprite 30” chase bar. For $99 shipped including the switch you can’t beat it. I have been very happy with it, works awesome day or night. You can hook the red lights to your brake lights, and the ambers will strobe, stay solid or turn off. They have a 36” version for a few bucks more.

Just don’t get the color option they sell with blue and amber

Xprite 30" Offroad LED Rear Chase Strobe Light bar w/Brake Reverse Turn Signal Light for Polaris RZR XP 1000 900, UTV, ATV, Side by Sides, 4x4, Trophy Truck - RZ Series RYWYR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074NVHHBN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_98CdGb793ZABA

Another great option that will come on my RZR when it is put up for sale in a couple months!
View attachment 965967 View attachment 965968

I got the xbrite one also. Can’t beat it for the price.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I got the xbrite one also. Can’t beat it for the price.

Well that makes it easy at least.. buy the all amber one and swap it out.

sell the amber and blue one to someone else lol

Badchoices03

Reaction score
LOL why do all internet searches bring me back to RDP?? I am in the process of buying a chase light and was googling the legality of red/blue lights...and this this thread was like the second on the google search...

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
LOL why do all internet searches bring me back to RDP?? I am in the process of buying a chase light and was googling the legality of red/blue lights...and this this thread was like the second on the google search...
Get the x bright one on Amazon best bang for your buck!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yep.. $95 right now. Another $10 for the 36” one.

Xprite Upgraded 30" Offroad LED Rear Chase Strobe Light Bar w/ Brake Reverse Turn Signal Light for Polaris RZR XP 1000 900, UTV, ATV, Side by Sides, 4x4, Trophy Truck - RZ Series RYWYR https://a.co/d/5oKjnOJ

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Because you frequent RDP. Do it from private mode on your browser or a computer you don't use.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I really wish 5150 would make one that you could run via the whips I think it would sell good

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I can see the issue, but a warning should have sufficed..
besides cops love doughnuts..... well, maybe the OGs

Badchoices03

Reaction score

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
No red on chase bar? Maybe we should go green on our brake lights... can't make this shit up!

That cop prolly blocks fire hydrants all day long! 🤣

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

Take a look at the 28" Rigid Chase bar, I think I have over 20 different preset options to select from on colors and sync with mine. And they stand behind their product!