WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid vaccine personal info

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
No reports of any sides effects at the wifes hospital after the 2 Pfizer injections.
---------------
The news is saying the Moderna just was just a bad batch. I dunno, you make the call on that one.
I don't want it.

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
No reports of any sides effects at the wifes hospital after the 2 Pfizer injections. They are saying the Moderna just was just a bad batch. I dunno, you make the call on that one.
I don't want it.

My question is how does a batch "go bad" besides the heat? Weird times for sure.

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
My question is how does a batch "go bad" besides the heat? Weird times for sure.
Yeah I know. WTF? It's not like it's something that'll just give you the shits. It'll kill you.

HCP3

Reaction score
More info on the "bad batch" of Moderna.

Screenshot_20210120-145123.png

Dbroncos

Reaction score
Just got my first dose this morning.

Moderna, they seem to have nicked a vein so was a bit of a bleeder but other than that no problems.

C-2

Reaction score
They announced about 6 new clinics in Riverside County and all were filled within the first 5 minutes. Heck, the website went down starting at 11:30 a.m. because it was so busy.

I got in and made an appt for wifey, but will need to reschedule. I had 2 browsers open and was trying to get in with about 10 open tabs, reloading/refreshing the 502 timed out pages, and eventually it worked.

Crazy

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Of the 50 or so out of my cop shop that I know have gotten the Pfizer shots; 1 had a nose bleed shortly after, 2 were dizzy or light headed for about a day, 2 had "flu like" symptoms for a day or two. No known issues from the rest. I passed on getting it. Many of my partners can't get it right now due to confirmed prior COVID Positives. They have to wait a bit before getting the vaccine if they so chose.

C-2

Reaction score
What a cluster fuck.

Apparently the County only had 3900 doses and the website was overloaded and they fired the company who was responsible for it after the website crashed repeatedly. They said all 3900 appointments were gone after 32 minutes, which is bullshit because they were gone within 5-6 minutes.

Anyhow, I secured an appointment for the wife. She works in a grocery store and had all her paperwork ready to go.

Despite having the appointment at Elsinore and taking off work and driving down there, from Riverside, they turned her away. They said sorry, we changed it to 65+ only.

I'm so pissed.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Grocery store pharmacies are starting to get the vaccines.
Get online and get your appt. Ralphs/Kroger is the first out here. Others have lists. Be patient, figure it out get on the list.
Wifes working 12/12's and rousted outta bed & zooms on n off all day with the hospital,, then back to work.
psEpgJX.jpg

C-2

Reaction score
Grocery store pharmacies are starting to get the vaccines.
Get online and get your appt. Ralphs/Kroger is the first out here. Others have lists. Be patient, figure it out get on the list.
Wifes working 12/12's and rousted outta bed & zooms on n off all day with the hospital,, then back to work.
psEpgJX.jpg

Thanks bud :)

EBT531

Reaction score
AZ news said Johnson & Johnson should be approved in 1-2 weeks. No weird refrigeration requirements and only 1 dose. They said since it doesn't have the refrigeration requirements beyond a normal frig, it will go to pharmacies and doctors offices.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
AZ news said Johnson & Johnson should be approved in 1-2 weeks. No weird refrigeration requirements and only 1 dose. They said since it doesn't have the refrigeration requirements beyond a normal frig, it will go to pharmacies and doctors offices.
It's not completely conventional, but it's not M RNA, I'm still trying to research.

530RL

Reaction score
Day four and nothing.

Second dose scheduled for Valentine’s Day at 2:15 in the morning. 24 day interval as opposed to 21.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

>several hours after receiving vaccine
>cause of death unclear
>several hours
>cause unclear
>hours
>unclear
Lol do you guys think they’ll count this as a covid death?

4Waters

Reaction score

Interesting article but this is the wrong thread for that, just personal vaccine info here.

Taboma

Reaction score
Sitting in the 15 min cool down room....

Nothing yet 😊

View attachment 966434

OK, how did you end up in San Diego going to Grossmont, when us San Diegans can't get an appointment ???? Here's what I don't get, they're opening up more age group tiers, yet only 12% of the older folk's age groups have even received the shots because the county has this so fucked up.

Did you just sign up on the Grossmont site ? I'm over 70 and live in SD, tried to sign up on the county website and they wanted me to go to fuckin Logan Heights --- I wouldn't go there with an armed task force watching my back. :eek:

sirbob

Reaction score
OK, how did you end up in San Diego going to Grossmont, when us San Diegans can't get an appointment ???? Here's what I don't get, they're opening up more age group tiers, yet only 12% of the older folk's age groups have even received the shots because the county has this so fucked up.

Did you just sign up on the Grossmont site ? I'm over 70 and live in SD, tried to sign up on the county website and they wanted me to go to fuckin Logan Heights --- I wouldn't go there with an armed task force watching my back. :eek:

I signed up on the site - I had to try a number of times and look for a site taking appointments? It wasn’t easy.

Taboma

Reaction score
I signed up on the site - I had to try a number of times and look for a site taking appointments? It wasn’t easy.

Since I haven't a clue how this shit is being handled. I'm assuming you got an appointment time, show up at or before appointment, then was it stand in long lines, or well managed from that point forward ? I'd sooner go to CVS or Walgreen than an infested and infected county health building.

sirbob

Reaction score
Since I haven't a clue how this shit is being handled. I'm assuming you got an appointment time, show up at or before appointment, then was it stand in long lines, or well managed from that point forward ? I'd sooner go to CVS or Walgreen than an infested and infected county health building.

Yes yes - the line was 30-40min?
In and out in about and hour all in.

4Waters

Reaction score
Thought I would give this a bump

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Thought I would give this a bump
Parents just both got theirs. They both recieved Pfizer at the county site in Aliso Viejo. Dad is in his early 70s and mom in her late 60s. Dad did have a headache and some chills the day after. My mom said she just felt tired. Their second shot is on valentines day. Should make for a good date. Will keep you posted on how they do. My in law gets her second shot next week.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Fatigue. Advil was a big help.
The Pfizer vaccine damn near 100% effective, the J&J about 70%, the Oxford 60% effective.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wife said she's read not to take Advil prior to receiving shot, wasn't sure why. Also didn't mention how long before ??
I'm guessing you mean after ??

After. Works great.

I was good for about 20 hours then tiredness set in.

They're busting out the IL / Interleukin drugs among others to fight the Covids attack on the immune system. It's not plug and play, the nurses have to be on their game. It's highly skilled.

No desert trips for me - I'm staying home doing the laundry and dinners (and packing lunches).

35DDCD41-4706-4D7A-B4CC-EC8BD69C8EF5.jpeg

Dinner last night: Kielbasa cheese spaezel w/caramelized onions. Looks like a soup sandwich but really tastes great.

26B70F2A-C579-4D34-A040-C48B79F1E76B.jpeg

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

The take:
They probably had the Covid already and if pre-tested it was a false negative.
Same reason the Pfizer vaccine is being called 98.9% effective. Some of the trial patients had the Covid before the trial but tested false negative.
Those with the Bristol/Oxford and the one shot J&J vaccine will no doubt eventually be called back for a second shot.

Geezus the news media trying to scare everyone. Turn your radio to Willies Country or anything but the news. One person in 4 million and they make it look like we're next.

Last edited:

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Taking the wife in at noon today for her second Moderna.
Only soreness at shot location after first shot.
I’ll update.

Husqy510

Reaction score
Got my 2nd Moderna shot last Friday morning and woke up Saturday with mild flu like symptoms that lasted roughly 10 hours. Most of the guys at my station had a similar experience.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Watch this.
Click the X on the sign up pop up window and the video will be ready to play:

It's available on Amazon prime as well.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I volunteered in a drive through covid vaccination site yesterday and stood on pavement for 9 hours checking in mostly healthcare providers/first responders and 75 years get their 2nd dose. Best part was a group of cops coming through my line with AR style tactical rifles in there front seats of regular trucks! (Training maybe?) I wanted to check out the hardware but keep it professional and just quickly checked them in and sent them down the line.

I have received my first dose of Pfizer and am back at work in less than 14 hours from the shot, feeling old and worn down, but nothing related to the vaccine!

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Why is this vaccine called an "operating system"?
Are they going to reprogram you?
Should one trust anyone that operates with absolutely no liability whatsoever?
Kill your TV and educate yourself.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Wife and I, Moderna, yesterday, professional, no waiting, no pain, received appointments for 2nd dose. Took about 20 mins, 15 of those were the stand by time after receiving our vaccinations. Both of us feel good, no adverse reactions or side effects.

Last edited:

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Taking the wife in at noon today for her second Moderna.
Only soreness at shot location after first shot.
I’ll update.
So, she got second shot at noon Tuesday. No biggie.
By around 6:00 PM kind of more tired than usual. We ate dinner, business as usual.
Shortly after going to bed around 10 she mentioned bad body aches.
Tossed and turned most of the night aching.
This morning aches sort of subsided but the fatigue continued on all day. Like dozed off asleep if I turned away.
No fever until an hour or so ago. 100.6 but steady.
She’s awake and on her phone now so it seems the worst is past.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
So, she got second shot at noon Tuesday. No biggie.
By around 6:00 PM kind of more tired than usual. We ate dinner, business as usual.
Shortly after going to bed around 10 she mentioned bad body aches.
Tossed and turned most of the night aching.
This morning aches sort of subsided but the fatigue continued on all day. Like dozed off asleep if I turned away.
No fever until an hour or so ago. 100.6 but steady.
She’s awake and on her phone now so it seems the worst is past.
The second shot super charges the immune antibodies that were woke up from the first shot. Takes it all to the next level I'm told.

Reactions: BTR

richp5

Reaction score
I received my second Pfizer vaccination this past Tuesday and was told to expect flu like symptoms for the next three days. No issues with that but today is the first day I can raise my arm over my head. Still a little sore but a vast improvement over yesterday.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Wife got second round Thursday evening. This one is kicking her butt a bit. Chills for a few hours yesterday and headache. Seems a little better this morning.