WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It’s coming soon... get yore ass in shape

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Was just thinking that I hadn’t seen a weight loss thread, I saw a TRT thread and a burrito thread. I thought since lately I have been hitting it hard to get the fitness back we could all post up some daily workouts or activities that might inspire the rest to stop making excuses and pick up the weights or bike or whatever floats your boat. You could also post pics of the wife’s working out to keep it interesting [emoji1690]

IMG_9663.jpg

IMG_9664.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I bought a Bowflex MaxTrainer in January since my gym's still closed. That kicks my ass on the cardio side, and its a decent full body exercise. Thinking about picking up some free weights just to do some additional weight training. And I've started with those protein shakes as meal replacements (mainly breakfast as I have a tendency to skip lunches completely).

I'll never be the front cover of a GQ mag, but at least I'll be happier I don't look like the Michelin Man.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
We got a nordic track elliptical with an ifit membership and it has been great over the past 5 months. The machine has cardio trainers then you can stream the app to your tv for freeweight and body weight workouts.

was a good deal for us.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
To me, exercise is in the same category as brushing your teeth. Should be part of the daily routine and not some here and again, once in a while activity.

Definitely and I’m sure you know that if you have been doing long enough that intensity, goals, motivation fluctuate and change.

And he’ll yeah all of the new interactive machines like peloton, Nordic track and the mirror thing are awesome to keep things interesting.

old rigger

Reaction score
To me, exercise is in the same category as brushing your teeth. Should be part of the daily routine and not some here and again, once in a while activity.

I agree. I swim 3 miles a day and as far as I can tell I'm one of the few that loves to swim everyday. Most I swim with look at it as a chore, they bitch and moan and complain. I enjoy the hell out of it and If my shoulders would hold up, I'd swim 5.

DWC

Reaction score
I didn’t handle the stress of 2020 very well. Put on 7-9 lbs and drank myself to a new peak weight. Started a family workout challenge last week through Valentines Day. So far my daughter and i are fighting it out for the lead.
My workouts are old school. Three days of weights rotating chest, back, shoulderand then a cardio day for recovery. I switch between deadlifts, squats OR leg press at the end of each workout. Trying to keep the legs/core strong and keep my pants from sliding down :D
I’m down a few pounds this month with a 3 mos. goal of another 12-15lbs.
Picked up this for Havasu and Chino for deadlift and shrugs. Much easier on my back

C69D6D7C-9BB3-43FC-9C25-4EB07CE62FEA.jpeg

Trusty Arnold guide for switching up exercises.
CE40937C-8CB6-4871-9382-9F332F581FBC.jpeg

TrollerDave

Reaction score
4D4100D3-D5CF-45F8-9D99-E8AE3C38D1D5.png
For those of you who are out of shape, like myself, my son found and “forced” me to do this app. No weights needed. It has different levels of workouts for different body areas. Each little workout, at least the beginner, is about 15-20 mins. The beginner stages won’t kill you, but they’ll get you using muscles you might not normally use and you’ll feel it afterwards.
I like it. I just need to do it more often. It helps if you have a mat, but not necessary.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
View attachment 966711 For those of you who are out of shape, like myself, my son found and “forced” me to do this app. No weights needed. It has different levels of workouts for different body areas. Each little workout, at least the beginner, is about 15-20 mins. The beginner stages won’t kill you, but they’ll get you using muscles you might not normally use and you’ll feel it afterwards.
I like it. I just need to do it more often. It helps if you have a mat, but not necessary.
Thats cool and convenient for sure.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
When the gyms got shut, and then masked, we converted the 2car attached into a tiny gym. Daughter dearest has been training for military CFA stuff. Wife and I split up working with her at 0'Dark-thirty.
I'm lucky, in that my lifestyle and work type have kept me at a fairly steady weight. I'm at 225, and have been for 10+years. More than anything, I am just trying to gain some strength again.

Hammer

Reaction score
Closing in on 300 rides on the Peloton. Starting to use other workouts on their app as well. Good content.

Santa brought the wife a Peloton for Christmas. After watching her on it For a few days I started January 1st. I’m on ride 20..

I’m hooked on all the classes(cycling,body weight training, core strength, stretching and tried yoga a few times)

I did not think I’d like it. It seemed “trendy”. I hate the “gym atmosphere” and always work harder when someone challenges me. Peloton does all that and I don’t have to leave the house. I like that I can choose a workout from 5-60 minutes based on how much “free time” I have at any moment.

Just ordered a weight bench and going to pick up some free weights so I can start doing there weight training classes. I work out 6 days a week and am down 20ish pounds.

Big Peloton fan. [emoji106]

Hammer

Reaction score
Was just thinking that I hadn’t seen a weight loss thread, I saw a TRT thread and a burrito thread. I thought since lately I have been hitting it hard to get the fitness back we could all post up some daily workouts or activities that might inspire the rest to stop making excuses and pick up the weights or bike or whatever floats your boat. You could also post pics of the wife’s working out to keep it interesting [emoji1690]

View attachment 966685
View attachment 966686

That’s insane FB. I don’t even want to try that. Im dying after a 30 minute beginner ride(hell after 20 minutes I struggle to keep my cadence up)

DWC

Reaction score
Santa brought the wife a Peloton for Christmas. After watching her on it For a few days I started January 1st.

I’m hooked on all the classes(cycling,body weight training, core strength, stretching and tried yoga a few times)

I did not think I’d like it. It seemed “trendy”. I hate the “gym atmosphere” and always work harder when someone challenges me. Peloton does all that and I don’t have to leave the house. I like that I can choose a workout from 5-60 minutes based on how much “free time” I have at any moment.

Just ordered a weight bench and going to pick up some free weights so I can start doing there weight training classes. I work out 6 days a week and am down 20ish pounds.

6 days a week and 20lbs is damn good. Congrats Hammer.
30mins on the bike and I’m good. The cardio isn’t too bad but the leg burn is brutal. That’s only 3 rides in and i haven’t tried my new seat cushion :D . My neighbors have to be scratching their head. Some British girl telling me what to do and me cussing at her for 30mins.

cxr

Reaction score

View attachment 966685
View attachment 966686

Wait your really burning that many calories? we have been doing Insanity since September trying to take off 30 pounds for my sons wedding and his hardest interval training only burns 400 calories :(

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
Santa brought the wife a Peloton for Christmas. After watching her on it For a few days I started January 1st. I’m on ride 20..

Bought the wife a peloton for christmas/birthday. I rode it day 1 after she did of course. gained 10 pounds the first month but I could notice i was slimming down (hoping it was muscle lol). I'm now down that original 10 pounds. i try to get in at least 3 rides a week. was able to get in 6 rides last week and it felt awesome. my legs were sore for the first month 24/7. now they are just sore for a few hours after the rides.

Last edited:

Fenderbender

Reaction score
That’s insane FB. I don’t even want to try that. Im dying after a 30 minute beginner ride(hell after 20 minutes I struggle to keep my cadence up)

Just keep it up I’ve been riding mountain bikes and lifting for years.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Wait your really burning that many calories? we have been doing Insanity since September trying to take off 30 pounds for my sons wedding and his hardest interval training only burns 400 calories :(

I wear a heart rate monitor so it’s probably pretty close.

Hammer

Reaction score
6 days a week and 20lbs is damn good. Congrats Hammer.
30mins on the bike and I’m good. The cardio isn’t too bad but the leg burn is brutal. That’s only 3 rides in and i haven’t tried my new seat cushion :D . My neighbors have to be scratching their head. Some British girl telling me what to do and me cussing at her for 30mins.

LOL. I’m barely able to stand up and pedal now. The leg burn is no joke. I always hated stretching when I played sports. I force myself to stretch twice a day if I can. Makes me feel much better.

I started on 15-20 minute beginner rides(3-4 days a week, 1 to two days 5-10 cool down ride when my legs were jello), 4 week core strength class and 20 minute body weight strength class every day. I jumped up to 30 minute rides last week. I can’t keep up but I push as best I can. Having the leader board makes my competitive nature come out and push harder. The wife heard a few grunts in the garage and thought I hurt myself. [emoji23]. I was just climbing a hill and pushing to keep pace.

To be honest I got a jump start on the weight loss. When I got the RONA I lost 20lbs. After I recovered I put 15lbs. of it back on quick. Stepped on the scale and decided right then and there that I wanted to get back down to the my “Rona Weight” by working out. I’m 2lbs. Under that mark and shooting for 225lbs. By mid February.

My favorite instructor is Alex Toussaint. Good vibes and keeps you motivated.

Thanks for the compliment DWC!

I feel much better and not so lethargic/lazy.

DWC

Reaction score
LOL. I’m barely able to stand up and pedal now. The leg burn is no joke. I always hated stretching when I played sports. I force myself to stretch twice a day if I can. Makes me feel much better.

I started on 15-20 minute beginner rides(3-4 days a week, 1 to two days 5-10 cool down ride when my legs were jello), 4 week core strength class and 20 minute body weight strength class every day. I jumped up to 30 minute rides last week. I can’t keep up but I push as best I can. Having the leader board makes my competitive nature come out and push harder. The wife heard a few grunts in the garage and thought I hurt myself. [emoji23]. I was just climbing a hill and pushing to keep pace.

To be honest I got a jump start on the weight loss. When I got the RONA I lost 20lbs. After I recovered I put 15lbs. of it back on quick. Stepped on the scale and decided right then and there that I wanted to get back down to the my “Rona Weight” by working out. I’m 2lbs. Under that mark and shooting for 225lbs. By mid February.

The stand and pedal thing is no joke. It’s no big deal on my e-cruiser or mountain bike cruising around. I can’t do it for any length on the peloton. Definitely need to start stretching. I can’t touch my toes after time on the bike and some deadlifts.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Alex is the best! He's my favorite by far.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

TrollerDave

Reaction score
As we get older, stretching makes a huge difference. I think especially if you’re not so active. I notice I even sleep a little better if I stretch before bed.
I don’t work out regularly. But I try to take a little bit of time before I start work and do some jumping jacks to warm up and then stretch. I do feel better when I do. Maybe throw in some push ups and squats. No equipment needed or huge block of time getting sweaty.
For those that don’t have an exercise routine, it only takes about 10 mins and can make a difference in how you feel. You probably won’t drop weight or fit into those old jeans, but it’s a start and might lead to the next step if you decide to get dedicated.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score

There are YouTube videos for Bowflex's MaxTrainer where in an hour you can burn 1,000 calories on the machine alone. That's insane.

Hammer

Reaction score
As we get older, stretching makes a huge difference. I think especially if you’re not so active. I notice I even sleep a little better if I stretch before bed.
I don’t work out regularly. But I try to take a little bit of time before I start work and do some jumping jacks to warm up and then stretch. I do feel better when I do. Maybe throw in some push ups and squats. No equipment needed or huge block of time getting sweaty.
For those that don’t have an exercise routine, it only takes about 10 mins and can make a difference in how you feel. You probably won’t drop weight or fit into those old jeans, but it’s a start and might lead to the next step if you decide to get dedicated.

Great advice. I started getting up earlier to eat breakfast and get 10-15 minutes of some sort of excer use In before the kids wake up. Really like that routine. Hard to get out of bed though.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210127-191644_Peloton.jpg

Beat my 45 min PR by 25 tonight. Pretty freekin stoked. I prefer gangsta rap when working out, so the EDM wasn't doing it for me. Also, this chick kinda annoys me. Definitely wasn't my favorite ride. Sweat fest though [emoji106]

Last edited:

jadenchick

Reaction score
There are YouTube videos for Bowflex's MaxTrainer where in an hour you can burn 1,000 calories on the machine alone. That's insane.

We have the Max Trainer Total and it’s the hardest machine I’ve ever used. Kicks your ass in no time. I could not last an hr lol

Reactions: DWC

Hammer

Reaction score
I can't even come close with some of you guys!! Running 45 minute 800+calorie rides? Nice work!!

10 minute hill climb is all I can Handle. MAYBE a 15 minute HIIT ride. Im not there YET.

Last edited:

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't even come close with some of you guys!! Running 45 minute 800+calorie rides? Nice work!!

10 minute hill climb is all I can Handle. MAYBE a 15 minute HIIT ride. Im not there YET.
You'll get there! Just keep grindin! [emoji106]

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score

You’ll get there. Just keep getting on the bike. That’s my biggest hurdle...getting on the bike

Yoshiro

Reaction score
It's been really tough having the gyms shut down in OR for my wife and I as I'm a bodybuilder. Fortunately my gym is a small privately owned one and the owner decided to open up anyway a few weeks ago. The windows are covered up, no trespassing signs everywhere, can't enter without a warrant signs etc. So, we're able to hit the gym every day now. Lots of strength to gain back for sure, it's been humbling. Risking jail to take care of our health, who would have thought we would get to this?

This is much like what the prohibition days must have been like.

DWC

Reaction score
It's been really tough having the gyms shut down in OR for my wife and I as I'm a bodybuilder. Fortunately my gym is a small privately owned one and the owner decided to open up anyway a few weeks ago. The windows are covered up, no trespassing signs everywhere, can't enter without a warrant signs etc. So, we're able to hit the gym every day now. Lots of strength to gain back for sure, it's been humbling. Risking jail to take care of our health, who would have thought we would get to this?

This is much like what the prohibition days must have been like.
Tough deal to try to get strength back. Not as much fun as building it up the first time. Neighbors son in-law is a pretty big dude. I loaned him my 60 and 70lb dumbbells in April-ish to try to help him out. Not really sure if they’re legally his now. :D

Hammer

Reaction score
Put extra effort in this morning. Was dealing with a head cold all week. Had to scale it back.

30 Min Hip Hop Ride- Alex T
10 Minute Core-On the 4th and final week of core training challenge - Emma Lovewell
10 Minute Bodyweight strength- Chase Tucker

Starting a stack and hopefully I can do all of them in a day.

My only complaint is I can’t track calories burnt on the peloton app on my phone and the peloton bike, if I do a workout on the phone app it doesn’t show the calories on the bike.

But I can track all activity/calories on my iPhone. I guess I’ll just track heart rate/calories on my Iwatch when I’m on the bike? I really like knowing what heart rate zone I’m in on the phone app.

I ordered a heart rate monitor to see if I can link that to the bike while Im on it.

Was hoping to have one app/place to track everything regardless of what I’m using (tablet/phone/peloton). [emoji3166]
IMG_3575.png

Last edited:

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I’m terrible at bench, but hit an all time max at 36, today after going back to a simple 5x5 program for 2 months. 240lbs @185. Buddy then repped it out 13 times @220lbs but screw him. Haha

I’ll get on the Peloton later today to really feel bad.