Votes: 83 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 160 65.8%

• Total voters

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Two separate issues :
You can’t “blow off” protocols (flu vaccine/mask wearing )
That’s base Standard Operating Procedures
Short of exigent circumstances, you follow the protocols. Dropping a mask on your chin around patients on a floor that have compromised issues YOU just described Officers possibly having proves the point even more so.

Now the other issue :
100% of the people I work with (for the third time posted) got vaccinated
None of the 26 Techs and only 2 of 60 D Team got the virus .
Why?
Protocols and being held to them at a level higher than other units.
That’s arrogance?
I say that’s common sense and due diligence, mileage may vary , lol.
Interesting. So your unit requires you to get vaccinated? Or is that just an in house unspoken type rule?

I passed, multiple times now. Haven't taken a day off work re COVID since this thing started. I'm not aware of anybody on our cop shop that is mandated to take any vaccine, but I guess it might exist.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Interesting. So your unit requires you to get vaccinated? Or is that just an in house unspoken type rule?

I passed, multiple times now. Haven't taken a day off work re COVID since this thing started. I'm not aware of anybody on our cop shop that is mandated to take any vaccine, but I guess it might exist.
In house unspoken

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
what are the chances of someone who has graduated the academy (sheriff) being hired ? I know someone in that position who has multiple applications out but so far no one is biting.

Tough time to get hired on any department. Everyone just went through a "Defund Period" with Cali Government. It didn't effect each department in the same way, but the sentiment from the government is there. I'd advise your "someone" to ride it out with their department. But if they really want out of LA, tell them I'm pretty sure Riverside SO is always eagerly taking LASD Academy trained personnel.

Reaction score
Tough time to get hired on any department. Everyone just went through a "Defund Period" with Cali Government. It didn't effect each department in the same way, but the sentiment from the government is there. I'd advise your "someone" to ride it out with their department. But if they really want out of LA, tell them I'm pretty sure Riverside SO is always eagerly taking LASD Academy trained personnel.

I'm not the someone (pass recruitment age) but he is NorCal. I'll pass on the Riverside info, Thanks

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
If the common and imminent secondary infections brought on by this virus make their way to your nutsac via your kidneys you'll wake up with your dick looking like a black rose.
images
Lol... HUH?

Turnup

Reaction score
Merck halts its vaccine manufacturing because data suggests the results are inferior to just catching the virus and recovering from it.

Reactions: DWC

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I'm not the someone (pass recruitment age) but he is NorCal. I'll pass on the Riverside info, Thanks

If it was a CA POST academy (Sheriff or City) then he should be good pretty much anywhere. Out of state he might have to go through another academy, but it's not going to be any harder to pass, just different codes to remember and learn.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I don't understand how so many people base their decision on what someone in their family that is a "nurse" said.....most nurses are not doctors, most nurses get their degree at community college or trade school, my ex is the head nurse (RN) in her unit and shes the same woman that didn't know how to get out of her locked car when the battery died...lol

This doesn't just go for nurses (not that there's anything wrong with being a nurse).
Doctors --- how much training does an actual family doctor know about mRNA vaccines and how much training in genetics have they had?
Just because someone has MD after their name doesn't mean they automatically know more than a guy or gal who's put some major effort into researching something.
Example IMO is healthy diet advice. Personally, a family doctor is one of the last people I would go to, unless I knew they had more training in it than they got in medical school.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Just to keep things in perspective. People keep touting that the virus has a survival rate of about 99%, that translates into 1 in every 100 people that contract the virus are going to die from it. If I were to set out a bowl of 100 M&Ms on the table and told you that one of them is deadly you would probably not want any M&Ms.

Now manufacturers of this "vaccine" are claiming that it has a 95% success rate so if that were the case it would mean that only 1 person 950 would die from the virus. That is a pretty significant bump in survival rate.

All that being said, I am still not convinced that this new treatment is as effective as they claim and I would like to see what the long term effects might be before I sign up for it. I have a lot of faith in our medical industry but not necessarily big pharma. Does anyone remember the aides "vaccine" that was widely distributed in Africa? Don't quote me on the numbers but as I recall the eventual results were about a 20% mortality and a large number of the survivors ended up sterile or impotent. Again I want to clarify that I'm not certain of all the facts but If I remember correctly that "vaccine" was also a genetic manipulation treatment similar to the Covid treatment that is currently being offered. Science marches on and this may prove to be the greatest boon to mankind since penicillin but I think that tech. is still in it's infancy and I would like to know more about it.
You mean 1 in 95 not 950

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

kimbalee

Reaction score
No thanks...

this is absolutely terrifying. I saw another one on tt or rumble the other day and within minutes, the entire VAERS website was down for several days. Website now looks 100% different with zero data and no search option - they are hiding it all which means it's 100% true. Scary, scary stuff. I cannot imagine anyone under any circumstance would ever get this "mrna platform" poison. You may feel fine after the injection but when another virus is introduced into your body down the line, your immune system has been programmed to coat that new virus (or something to that effect) and boom, now the problems start. Hell to the no. Thank you for sharing this. Do your own research people - the data is out there.

Andy B.

Reaction score
this is absolutely terrifying. I saw another one on tt or rumble the other day and within minutes, the entire VAERS website was down for several days. Website now looks 100% different with zero data and no search option - they are hiding it all which means it's 100% true. Scary, scary stuff. I cannot imagine anyone under any circumstance would ever get this "mrna platform" poison. You may feel fine after the injection but when another virus is introduced into your body down the line, your immune system has been programmed to coat that new virus (or something to that effect) and boom, now the problems start. Hell to the no. Thank you for sharing this. Do your own research people - the data is out there.

I can't get it to play.

Icky

Reaction score
Unfortunately this vaccine isn't going to stop anyone from being quarantined. An exposure is an exposure, automatic 10-14 days off work. People have all these stupid ideas for guys working within 6' of each other to protect them, but they still have to quarantine even if they put on a faceshield n95 etc.🙄

ramos45

Reaction score
This doesn't just go for nurses (not that there's anything wrong with being a nurse).
Doctors --- how much training does an actual family doctor know about mRNA vaccines and how much training in genetics have they had?
Just because someone has MD after their name doesn't mean they automatically know more than a guy or gal who's put some major effort into researching something.
Example IMO is healthy diet advice. Personally, a family doctor is one of the last people I would go to, unless I knew they had more training in it than they got in medical school.

this is similar to those who pay a fee to file their 1040-EZ every year.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I got the vaccine to keep in the fight
That hero that is your neighbor did too.
No, slugs hide, they don’t have anyone’s back, they take a knee.

I gotta be missing something here. Why would you have to get the vaccine to do your job? The vaccine shouldn't be a mandatory requirement of anyone for any reason?

RD

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
You mean 1 in 95 not 950

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
No, since the survival rate without the vaccine is approx 99% and you increase the survival rate by 95 that means that you have upped the odds from 1in 100 to 1 in 940. It's a multi of percentages.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I gotta be missing something here. Why would you have to get the vaccine to do your job? The vaccine shouldn't be a mandatory requirement of anyone for any reason?

RD
I think what he is saying is that with the vaccine when he gets the virus his recovery time is faster so he wont be out of work as long. Of course maybe I'm misreading what he is saying.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The so called Vaccine Does not prevent you from getting the virus or spreading the virus so it makes no damn difference if you get the shot. It only supposedly helps you fight it off if you get it.
Tell me that when we have a bombing campaign
Or multiple active shooters genious.
So a good FUCKING chance I don’t get it or, I get it and I’m back to work in 5 days vs 1-4 weeks

Fun FUCKING FACT for you:

8 LAPD Cops in Hospitals with this crap, 3 are in ICU , one circling the drain.
We have 4 sworn dead already

I pretty much don’t give a rat’s ass what you do if you aren’t a reinforcement for my mission.

Go live in peaceful bubbles and throw stones at that chose to answer the call

Geezus the haters in here

Go do whatever you want

I'm not sure what drove that response as I'm just skimming the thread.. but the fact remains what he said above is true. This isn't a "vaccine" in the traditional sense of the term. It literally just helps to reduce the symptoms. A person will still get it, still transfer it, and still get sick. It doesn't "protect" anyone from the virus on any level like a traditional vaccine.

I don't relate taking the vaccine to heroism in anyway shape or form regardless of job profession. It's a personal choice.

RD

LowRiver2

Reaction score

RD
Read post #130

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I'm not sure what drove that response as I'm just skimming the thread.. but the fact remains what he said above is true. This isn't a "vaccine" in the traditional sense of the term. It literally just helps to reduce the symptoms. A person will still get it, still transfer it, and still get sick. It doesn't "protect" anyone from the virus on any level like a traditional vaccine.

I don't relate taking the vaccine to heroism in anyway shape or form regardless of job profession. It's a personal choice.
Read Post #130
If it pans out to be true, THAT is THE SUCCESS we are looking for

RD

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Unfortunately this vaccine isn't going to stop anyone from being quarantined. An exposure is an exposure, automatic 10-14 days off work. People have all these stupid ideas for guys working within 6' of each other to protect them, but they still have to quarantine even if they put on a faceshield n95 etc.🙄
Read post #130
If less continue to get positive , the quarantines go down.
exposure times (quarantine due to) will shorten as more intel on symptoms, knowledge of the contagious stage is discovered. Times have already been reduced in the first 12 months

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

RD
I think there will be many jobs that you will eventually be required to get the vaccine. I bet I will eventually be required to get it.

It won't be positioned as "get the vaccine, or lose your job". It will be positioned as; If you don't get the vaccine, you won't be able to be around other employees or go into offices, buildings, customer sites, (whatever). They will give you a chance to do your job by phone and email (I can't do my job solely by phone and email).

When you don't meet performance objectives, you will be let go for non-performance. At least that is how I see it playing out.

Sent From Tapatalk

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

RD

The hero comment is directed at me because I don’t get along with someone who works in his dept and was a navy seal. So he thinks I should off his nuts not knowing anything I’ve gone through with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy B.

Reaction score
I think there will be many jobs that you will eventually be required to get the vaccine. I bet I will eventually be required to get it.

It won't be positioned as "get the vaccine, or lose your job". It will be positioned as; If you don't get the vaccine, you won't be able to be around other employees or go into offices, buildings, customer sites, (whatever). They will give you a chance to do your job by phone and email (I can't do my job solely by phone and email).

When you don't meet performance objectives, you will be let go for non-performance. At least that is how I see it playing out.

Sent From Tapatalk
Sad but I bet this happens I hope not.....

LowRiver2

Reaction score

RD
Dude, at least you admitted you skimmed this thread lol
The only mention of “hero” in this thread was in reference to a co worker of mine who was inferred to be doing workers comp fraud by an inmate here in another thread awhile back.

Out of context to this thread, but needed to be said.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Sent From Tapatalk

I’m thinking there’s a chance It will end up like hospital health care workers who refuse flu vaccines: Masks on at work in their work areas.

Time will tell but that policy has been in play for years, sets the precedent for this situation.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
This virus mission on earth is to self-survive and kill as many people as it possibly can.

Mutating fools immune systems and drugs so if it doesn't get you in the wash, it'll do a 180 and get you in the dry, then another 180 and take another shot at you. Each 180 it gains tricks.

We're lucky the Pfizer vaccine has a broad reach for all the Covid's current shenanigans and in addition in the future can be reconfigured to fight it when it pays us another visit in an even more lethal form.

It isn't the Covid that kills you. It's the secondary infections that slip in the back door while the Covid convinces your immune system to attack itself at the front door.

You stoners and smokers should be vaccinated as soon as you possibly can. Your lungs are in no shape for Pneumonia and Sepsis.

Vons/Albertsons Markets pharmacies are compiling patients vaccines lists:
Check it out:

Last edited:

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Sepsis mentioned.Sepsis took out Larry King,apparently he beat the covid according to Larry almost divorced wife (Larry ran of time to sign the settlement).Was nice of her to mention “Larry Mind was not doing well and his little body gave out”
WTF,nice talk for grieving widow who was about to be written out. i hope her sons bankrupt her sorry ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I have done shit ton of research ( on my own $$) 🤔🤔 and my researchers-me ) have came up with Vodka rocks is the cure 😎

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I have done shit ton of research ( on my own $$) [emoji848][emoji848] and my researchers-me ) have came up with Vodka rocks is the cure [emoji41]

A splash of tonic doesn’t hurt when you’ve ran out of the good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-2

Reaction score

Check this out...my daughter returned to HS in September. They put the teachers 7+ feet away from students, and students are distanced 7' from each other. That way they sidestep the CDC close contact definition.

Seems to be working for them, whenever somebody has COVID and Karen calls demanding the school be shut down...sorry babe, all CDC guidelines met...no close contact.

PlanB

Reaction score
There is controversy going on in San Diego County because LE is not in the first tier to get shots, but firefighters are. I guess the new liberal majority of county supervisors think that cops are worth less.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

When you don't meet performance objectives, you will be let go for non-
Am I the only one that thinks this threads been somewhat disappointing? 🤔😊

Here you go: 🤣 Pretty sure this will fire some up.
(I have no “dog” in this “fight”)🤣

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Of course employers can require you to take the vaccine and its heading that direction... Secondly, since employers control our healthcare they will use that carrot and stick to enforce it. Employers already charge smokers more for healthcare insurance etc.. so if the health insurance company actuaries decide that they can move the profit needle one direction or the other by requiring covid vaccinations get ready to pay up for your right to not get it....

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Of course employers can require you to take the vaccine and its heading that direction... Secondly, since employers control our healthcare they will use that carrot and stick to enforce it. Employers already charge smokers more for healthcare insurance etc.. so if the health insurance company actuaries decide that they can move the profit needle one direction or the other by requiring covid vaccinations get ready to pay up for your right to not get it....
You are saying an employer can force you to have a medical procedure or take a specific medication?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Let me make this clear:
I’ve been on this site since roughly 08, on HB since at least 02’. Anytime I post about my work, it’s based on my experiences. If I post about someone else’s work, pretty sure I’ve stated as much.
You want to place your perogotive/narrative on my description of my work. I thought you had been an inmate long enough to realize that but apparently not.
Now, pushing your agenda , point of contention on my work experience is pretty “Karen” like.
I asked your profession (category), nothing more specific. Your refusal to answer leads me to wager you have 0 experience in my field, definitely no experience in my department.
I’m an asshole, I’ll never deny that, but I’m also pretty upfront on what I do. You can throw peanuts from the bleachers as to what I do but I find it ironic you won’t even be upfront with what you do. Pretty much proves my policy of not debating with people that can’t be upfront with who they are.
I stand by my posts, at least everyone reading them knows exactly who I am (asshole included).

I’m done with this particular debate with you, feel free to ankle bite.

I had a much longer and more in-depth response typed out but it didn't post so here is a truncated post cause I really don't care anymore.

I have ALWAYS been upfront with what I do for a living I didn't answer because it has nothing to do with what I was referring to. You don't want to truly READ what I said and instead contort it into how it conflicts with you and yours in your unit. Keep living you life that way and comparing everyone you meet to those in your unit. I don't give a shit. Its just an extremely narrow and lonely way to live. I've seen quite a few LEO's go that route with their lives versus the ones that don't so that is a 1st hand observation.

You want yo be all high and mighty and look down on us peasants..... feel free. Honestly your opinion means nothing to me regarding people. I will still read and appreciate your insights you share on your department and field, but that's about it. I truly do wish you the best and stay safe.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
You are saying an employer can force you to have a medical procedure or take a specific medication?

No... but they can may/charge you more for health insurance just like they do for smokers, or pay you to participate in "health screenings" etc.. Currently employers can "require" with certain exemptions. So no they can't "force" you but they can coerce you all day long. I am sure that in the future they could also "not hire you"...

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I had a much longer and more in-depth response typed out but it didn't post so here is a truncated post cause I really don't care anymore.

I have ALWAYS been upfront with what I do for a living I didn't answer because it has nothing to do with what I was referring to. You don't want to truly READ what I said and instead contort it into how it conflicts with you and yours in your unit. Keep living you life that way and comparing everyone you meet to those in your unit. I don't give a shit. Its just an extremely narrow and lonely way to live. I've seen quite a few LEO's go that route with their lives versus the ones that don't so that is a 1st hand observation.

You want yo be all high and mighty and look down on us peasants..... feel free. Honestly your opinion means nothing to me regarding people. I will still read and appreciate your insights you share on your department and field, but that's about it. I truly do wish you the best and stay safe.

Opinions are like Aholes, we all have them and are entitled to express and , or be one

I was passing on what our team does , no one else has to run that route or give two shits.
RDP is about sharing experiences and info.
The two get crossed, misunderstood at times.
Such is a message board vs real life.
Knowing what people do for a living gives insight into what/why they are sending a particular opinion, experience. To have to keep that “secret” on a message board means one isn’t willing to be upfront on a lot of things.
Another reason to know it’s not worth replying to anything when you don’t know anything of the “why”/background behind the post: Also easier to throw criticisms being hidden too, so there’s that.
My circle is extremely small, the meme applies:
Take it or leave it, proven over and over in my life:
Cheers

2A0970DA-5072-459C-B688-3BFDCB78F91F.jpeg

Last edited:

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Can we change the title of this thread from vaccine to therapeutic?

Reactions: t&y