WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Couldn’t imagine being “that guy” that had to drill holes in a masterpiece.
Yep, I get nervous hanging together a car from the painter. Tape everywhere, and been fit together already. This is more like framing a Monet...

When I went to DS, that's what impressed the hell out of me. The detail work and rigging in some of these boats. A mix between fighter jets and custom cars.

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
This is one of my favorites that shows the width on the dial 911 boat.

dial911 skater.jpg

McKay

Reaction score
It’s bad ass Steve! Now that the transom assembles are mounted it really shows how low that cut is! Can’t wait to see it on the water!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Soooooo nice to see those perfect power plants getting dropped in.
Are all tilt trailers steel ? I'm certain it will be amazing also

Skater368

Reaction score
Soooooo nice to see those perfect power plants getting dropped in.
Are all tilt trailers steel ? I'm certain it will be amazing also

Not sure if ALL of them are? But the Hampton I bought and am reselling and the Skater tilt are both all steel. They are extremely heavy. It is essentially two trailers. The Hampton one I'm selling had a tongue weight of 3500#. That was empty, I assume it would be somewhat less with all the behind the axle weight of the boat on it.

It weighed about 11,000#. That's just another of the several reasons why I decided on a Sport Chassis.

Singleton

Reaction score
Not sure if ALL of them are? But the Hampton I bought and am reselling and the Skater tilt are both all steel. They are extremely heavy. It is essentially two trailers. The Hampton one I'm selling had a tongue weight of 3500#. That was empty, I assume it would be somewhat less with all the behind the axle weight of the boat on it.

It weighed about 11,000#. That's just another of the several reasons why I decided on a Sport Chassis.

what made you decide to sell the tilt trailer you purchased and start over

Skater368

Reaction score
Is that the trailer? I thought you took them a completed trailer?

I did. The issue that came up was the modifications I wanted to make. It didn't have a drive guard. It needed to be wired differently, It wouldn't charge off the truck and I wanted to have Skater add a "hoist" like a pick-up truck bed wheelchair lift to aid my son to board the boat when no docks are available.

We all came to the conclusion that I can sell that trailer for what I paid for it as is. So Peter is building me a new tilt. They are building it with all of the above and adding a collapsible tongue to fit in my garage. I had a length problem with the Hampton as well. My garage is 46' 7" (IIRC) and the standard tilts are about 48'

The total package, including drives, drive guard will be 45' MAX.

Steve

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I did. The issue that came up was the modifications I wanted to make. It didn't have a drive guard. It needed to be wired differently, It wouldn't charge off the truck and I wanted to have Skater add a "hoist" like a pick-up truck bed wheelchair lift to aid my son to board the boat when no docks are available.

We all came to the conclusion that I can sell that trailer for what I paid for it as is. So Peter is building me a new tilt. They are building it with all of the above and adding a collapsible tongue to fit in my garage. I had a length problem with the Hampton as well. My garage is 46' 7" (IIRC) and the standard tilts are about 48'

The total package, including drives, drive guard will be 45' MAX.

Steve

SO
BAD
ASS

Cannot wait to see it complete!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I bet the boys at Skater are scrambling to get this ready for Desert Storm. Gonna be incredible

Skater368

Reaction score
I bet the boys at Skater are scrambling to get this ready for Desert Storm. Gonna be incredible

Spoke to Tony this morning. They are finishing a 438 in front of me in rigging. Soon, there will be three riggers instead of one on mine. Tony believes my timeline to go retrieve the boat is realistic. End February, first week march. That gives me time to drag it home and get a few days of seat time/Launch retrieve before heading to DS and Super-Cat fest.

Had a face-time discussion with the trailer fab lead. It looks like it will fit my garage without having to either collapse or fold the tongue. But its gonna be close. It looks like 46' pintle to end of drive guard. I have 46' 7". But, if it fits it fits...

Steve Combs

Reaction score
Shaving that 2 ft off the trailer will def help with that tight turn to get in the driveway, I was wondering how long it was going to take you to see if the neighbors would add to their driveway in order for you to make the turn 👍🏼

Skater368

Reaction score
Shaving that 2 ft off the trailer will def help with that tight turn to get in the driveway, I was wondering how long it was going to take you to see if the neighbors would add to their driveway in order for you to make the turn 👍🏼

Yea well, It turns out the Skater tilt is 48' 9". I laid it out on the garage floor the other night to make sure the swing away portion of the hitch would clear the opening.
There's 16 inches to spare. I am a bit concerned about taking out the neighbors yard to make the turn into the driveway. You might be over here saw-cutting my curb one of these days. :cool:

garagefloor1.jpg

garagefloor.jpg

swing.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
Yea well, It turns out the Skater tilt is 48' 9". I laid it out on the garage floor the other night to make sure the swing away portion of the hitch would clear the opening.
There's 16 inches to spare. I am a bit concerned about taking out the neighbors yard to make the turn into the driveway. You might be over here saw-cutting my curb one of these days. :cool:

View attachment 967935
View attachment 967936

View attachment 967934

what is behind the garage? If needed would you be able to do a bump out to gain a extra few feet.

Skater368

Reaction score
I see a forklift parked next to that boat soon.

Maybe, but I backed that Hampton tilt in there without any real problem. It is 44'. This trailer is really only longer off the back via drive guard. This narrow street is a bitch at times. I backed it in first try all in one shot. I probably will need to remove one cactus and cut the curb. Worst case Ryan has a fork. :cool:

Skater368

Reaction score
what is behind the garage? If needed would you be able to do a bump out to gain a extra few feet.

Pool equipment. I know it will fit and the tongue will fold. I was given shop prints of the trailer. I laid it out with blue tape. Rotation from street to drive is the only issue left. Narrow street, neighbors have lots of kids and cars coming and going. One car and I'm fucked.

Singleton

Reaction score
Pool equipment. I know it will fit and the tongue will fold. I was given shop prints of the trailer. I laid it out with blue tape. Rotation from street to drive is the only issue left. Narrow street, neighbors have lots of kids and cars coming and going. One car and I'm fucked.

Cones become your friend. Buddy lives on a very narrow street and when he needs to move his desert toys, he places cones out in the street to keep people from parking where he needs to swing. If nice, traffic will wait :). Just last night on way home from picking up pizza, I drive down the street and had to wait while someone backed a new to them boat into their driveway. Turned off headlights, threw on the flashers and waited 5 minutes, until I finally got out and helped. Told 3 cars, guy is learning, you can either wait or turn around and go the other way :)

Last edited:

Skater368

Reaction score
Cones become your friend. Buddy lives on a very narrow street and when he needs to move his desert toys, he places cones out in the street to keep people from parking where he needs to swing. If nice, traffic will wait :). Just last night on way home from picking up pizza, I drive down the street and had to wait while someone backed a new to them boat into their driveway. Turned off headlights, threw on the flashers and waited 5 minutes, until I finally got out and helped. Told 3 cars, guy is learned, you can either wait or turn around and go the other way :)

It's not a major worry. I live in a small community only about 20 homes, very little traffic. It would only be an issue if I come home late. In my neighborhood, I would not hesitate to leave it on the street all night.

Skater368

Reaction score
@Singleton

BTW, do you have your summer spot yet? They can't tell me anything yet. I have a spot for Super-Cat fest. April 11-18 but nothing yet for DS. I may have to stay at the LBR. I have a slip reserved there for the event anyway.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Cones become your friend. Buddy lives on a very narrow street and when he needs to move his desert toys, he places cones out in the street to keep people from parking where he needs to swing. If nice, traffic will wait :). Just last night on way home from picking up pizza, I drive down the street and had to wait while someone backed a new to them boat into their driveway. Turned off headlights, threw on the flashers and waited 5 minutes, until I finally got out and helped. Told 3 cars, guy is learned, you can either wait or turn around and go the other way :)

That's a great idea, my street is narrow and I deal with getting out a few times each summer.

Singleton

Reaction score
@Singleton

BTW, do you have your summer spot yet? They can't tell me anything yet. I have a spot for Super-Cat fest. April 11-18 but nothing yet for DS. I may have to stay at the LBR. I have a slip reserved there for the event anyway.

Yes, roll in April 15. Almost all summer contracts went out Jan 22 and returners have 15 days to commit. Then any spots left go to those on the waitlist for summer spots. Once those are finalized, they open up to short term. I would book a backup room at LBR for DS just in case. Once you check in, might be able to sweet talk the front desk to let you use ramp for your DS launch and retrieval.

Rumor is only a few pull in RV spots are open this year, due to new park models being built by the launch ramp.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
We have a very narrow street that people park on all the time. When we know we are using the Skater the next day we park 1-2 of our old cars in the critical spots so we can make the 90° turn into our alley. Had too many people move or steal cones & park there anyhow.
Excited to see more pics of boat & trailer

precisiondetails

Reaction score
We have a very narrow street that people park on all the time. When we know we are using the Skater the next day we park 1-2 of our old cars in the critical spots so we can make the 90° turn into our alley. Had too many people move or steal cones & park there anyhow.
Excited to see more pics of boat & trailer

Ya your place is as tight as it gets

HST4ME

Reaction score
I am an hour and half from the skater factory, shoot me a PM if it's cool when you come to pick it up. I would love to see it in person.

That boat is one of the prettiest I have seen come out of there.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Maybe, but I backed that Hampton tilt in there without any real problem. It is 44'. This trailer is really only longer off the back via drive guard. This narrow street is a bitch at times. I backed it in first try all in one shot. I probably will need to remove one cactus and cut the curb. Worst case Ryan has a fork. :cool:
Not talking smack, but that empty trailer can be seen all around, and if it bumped anything BFD this will be probably more nerve racking than a first born....... i know it would be for me.

Need to go get you a Sil Ver Ado with the disappearing trailer deal next 🤣🤣

Skater368

Reaction score
I am an hour and half from the skater factory, shoot me a PM if it's cool when you come to pick it up. I would love to see it in person.

That boat is one of the prettiest I have seen come out of there.

No problem there.

Skater368

Reaction score
Not talking smack, but that empty trailer can be seen all around, and if it bumped anything BFD this will be probably more nerve racking than a first born....... i know it would be for me.

Need to go get you a Sil Ver Ado with the disappearing trailer deal next 🤣🤣

No, I get it. But sometimes bigger is easier. Its easier to see in both mirrors, at the same time. The trailer easily disappears from one side behind the Sport Chassis. The width allows it to be seen. But I do get your point.

Steve

McKay

Reaction score
Get ya a forklift for the shop. Can't imagine not having ours. Use it 4-5 times a week.

Skater368

Reaction score
Get ya a forklift for the shop. Can't imagine not having ours. Use it 4-5 times a week.

If it becomes an issue I will. I own/owned many forklifts with my business and don't want to add an oily mess to my life unless its absolutely necessary. My only tight rotation is off the street. Once its rotated, its a straight shot all the way into my garage.

McKay

Reaction score
If it becomes an issue I will. I own/owned many forklifts with my business and don't want to add an oily mess to my life unless its absolutely necessary. My only tight rotation is off the street. Once its rotated, its a straight shot all the way into my garage.

Buy one that is not oily! :p

Skater368

Reaction score
Don't you know a guy that can make hoses that don't leak? :D

Cylinders...Pumps....Motors.....

I'm just kidding. (mostly) If I need one, I'll get one. But I really believe I can swing it into the drive.