WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How many times a week does someone threaten to sue you?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's all water under the bridge now as they say, but I'm one of the few that wear the crown of being threatened be sued by both the Davidson Brothers at one time or another.. LOL. I get some people or ex members etc that occasionally feel disenfranchised and threaten to sue me.. I get one of those a month usually. "Re-instate my account or I'm gonna sue" or other ones saying the opposite.

I'll never forget the first time I got one of those letters, and I was kinda like "whoa". I realized how numb I've become to these things over the years as I just happened to stumble upon one of my polite responses that I had written a decade ago, versus my rather short and blunt responses now.

Just wondering, am I the only guy that get these stupid threats weekly?

Obviously the thread stems from the fact that I just opened another one right now.. LOL

RD

4Waters

Reaction score
It's all water under the bridge now as they say, but I'm one of the few that wear the crown of being threatened be sued by both the Davidson Brothers at one time or another.. LOL. I get some people or ex members etc that occasionally feel disenfranchised and threaten to sue me.. I get one of those a month usually. "Re-instate my account or I'm gonna sue" or other ones saying the opposite.

I'll never forget the first time I got one of those letters, and I was kinda like "whoa". I realized how numb I've become to these things over the years as I just happened to stumble upon one of my polite responses that I had written a decade ago, versus my rather short and blunt responses now.

Obviously the thread stems from the fact that I just opened another one right now.. LOL

RD
Is someone mad you won't let them into the G&A forum🤣🤣

wallnutz

Reaction score
Pretty much anytime a builder gets sued the subcontractors get served too. The first time I got one I shit. I knew the problems between the homeowner and the builder and it had nothing to do with us. Called a lawyer and he kind of chuckled after I told him, says happens all the time. He said be prepared to get a subpoena to make a statement if needed. Since then I have probably been served 6 or 7 times, and never had to even make any kind of statement.

DLC

Reaction score
Couldnt they just sign back up under a different name and e mail?

if not

they can still read the forums just not post in em, with the exception of the gun and boob section.

lbhsbz

Reaction score

RD
Not once a week, but maybe once a month someone calls in and is unhappy about something and threatens to sue. I hang up at that point. If they're serious, they'll do the homework to find someone in the company that gives a shit more than me to call. It hasn't happened yet.

wallnutz

Reaction score

RD
I would like to hear some of the stories of the disgruntled, can’t even imagine that happening on a boating site.

Singleton

Reaction score
I work in software sales so at least two to four time a year. Currently have 2 customers trying to sue us where my product is involved (no one has won).

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Me personally none this week. At work I hear people talking about wanting to sue over the stupidest shit daily.

No BS.....One guy told me he was going to sue me personally because my price was too high and I forced him to go with a cheaper guy who screwed his house up. He told me he would drop the suit if I fixed everything for him at no charge. 😳😳🤔🤔😂😂

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Me personally none this week. At work I hear people talking about wanting to sue over the stupidest shit daily.

No BS.....One guy told me he was going to sue me personally because my price was too high and I forced him to go with a cheaper guy who screwed his house up. He told me he would drop the suit if I fixed everything for him at no charge. 😳😳🤔🤔😂😂

Give ya two guesses as to who he voted for.. LOL

RD

Dana757

Reaction score
I get it from scammers saying I own them for so sort of business listing / advertising that I never signed up for once a month or so. I get more threats of physical violence more then anything.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Actually the opposite.
If something isn't right and i complain they say sue me
It's not worth it
Had a water leak from a condo above us in vegas and I saw the water heater leaking.
Sent the owner the repair bill of $300
She thought i was trying to screw her so she said sue me
I said karma is a bitch and so are you
She can be reached at 917-750-3861

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I get it from scammers saying I own them for so sort of business listing / advertising that I never signed up for once a month or so. I get more threats of physical violence more then anything.

From customers?

RD

Nordie

Reaction score
I'll start with No offense, but anytime I have to deal with California contractors I get threats of back charges, or their lawyers are bigger than ours. It's always California contractors. I just wish they would stay the fuck out of the way with their tier 4 engines, and environmentally friendly bullshit. Just let us do our job.

I worked on a solar field and it was all California contractors and they felt they had something to prove. Finally at the everyday afternoon sub meeting I couldn't take it anymore. I told them if it was all local contractors we would already be done with the job.

I was kicked off of the job, and then the lawsuits and depositions began.

Yeah I don't like California contractors

traquer

Reaction score
Had a company sue a freind over a disagreement in services. Friend found out they got bought out by a big company recently so he got those higher-ups involved in depositions out of state. That stopped it real quick lol

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
@RiverDave I thought you and king k were on good terms. what bone does his brother have with you after all these years?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave I thought you and king k were on good terms. what bone does his brother have with you after all these years?

neither of them do anymore.. lol. That was ten plus years ago.

I just thought it was kind of a cool feather in the cap to not only have one but both. Lol. Which is why I brought it up

I get along with Chris fine, and Daren lives here in town I see him all the time.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Who are the Davidson brothers and why should we know them?

I find it hard to believe that you wouldn’t know the answer to that.. but it was the previous owner of hot boat and the current owner of speedboat..

I only mentioned it because I thought it was kinda funny that I got it from both sides. Humor nothing more.

I’m fine with both of them now..

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that you wouldn’t know the answer to that.. but it was the previous owner of hot boat and the current owner of speedboat..

I only mentioned it because I thought it was kinda funny that I got it from both sides. Humor nothing more.

I’m fine with both of them now..

My thought process wasn't there. Gotcha.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Used to get hustler suites for Prop 65 warnings/postings...or lack there of. A few guys I knew would cut the check they asked for, to "keep it out of court". I'd wad them up and toss them in the bed of the truck...

Not running a business, so no show of wealth or excesive income...nobody thinks I have a pot to piss in. I'm good with that ;)

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Being poor has it's advantages. Since I have almost nothing there would be little for anyone to gain by suing me and since I'm the most lovable caricature on the internet no one would ever consider such a thing anyway.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I was once contacted by non other than Larry H. Parker. I had been the passenger in a bad head on on the Coast Hwy in Malibu. We were SB in the rain near the Chart House when Mr Parker’s client hydro planed, due to excessive speed going NB and came into our SB lanes hitting us head on, combined speeds well over 100. Force of my chest against the seat belt broke my sternum. Hurt like a MF. But other internals were OK. 1 night in the hospital, then home to heal and recover. Took about a month. About my 2nd day home this ass hole Parker calls me. I have no idea how he got my number. I asked him, WTF Have you seen the CHP report? Well, not yet. Told him he’d better get it and find himself another client. F’n scum. I should have sued him for Malicious Prosecution. Parker’s client had broken both arms and both legs. Oh well. Young guy in our back seat had only a lap belt. Force of the crash broke his back, diaphragm and spleen. I thought we were going to lose him at the sight of the crash. It ended his career. Parker was an ambulance chasing puke.

Last edited:

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I work in software sales so at least two to four time a year. Currently have 2 customers trying to sue us where my product is involved (no one has won).

Funny, I'm in the industry and we have a lawsuit from a customer that has been ongoing for 14 years. The lawyers are winning.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
One that comes to mind....I had a few ladder's n shit stolen off a job site in Fresno, wrote it off as COB and kept doing our thing. About a year later I'm being sued by someone I had never heard of. Turns out fat fucking Buqueefaa claims she was on my ladder she stole while grossly exceeding the weight limit, ate shit and is owed $$$$. They sent pictures of my ladder with my company's name and # on them like they had me over s barrel or something. My personal reply was extremely racial and insensitive I never heard back LoL

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Try working in law enforcement for an entire career. Seems I was threatened to be sued at least 1-2 times a shift.
Being a hose dragger for 34 years.... retired now.... I was only threatened once with a lawsuit.... but on a regular basis heard idiots telling the cops.... I’ll sure you for everything you own. Best line ever from an Officer “it’s a long line of people doing that, go ahead and get in it” .... and no it didn’t Shut up the idiot.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
My usual comeback is "Get in line, it is pretty long, and is forming around the back of the station about now!"

Worse yet is, "I pay your salary with my taxes" (most were welfare recipients), which about the time I'd toss them a nickel and tell them I've just refunded their money.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Zero since 2001 but that one was 3.5 Mil. I won. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk