WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2022 CT5-V Blackwing on Car & Driver

DWC

Reaction score
No fence except the price here. Badass car. Funny, my wife didn’t really like or drive mine. Not sure what @LargeOrangeFont told her but a white CTSV is on her short list now..

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I will get one. I had the predecessor.

Only reason to get one is GM is saying they are gonna kill it by having an electric only variant. fuck that

Gotta get it while I can

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
This is my next car for sure. I have a 2020 Charger Scat Pack Widebody that is awesome. But this is a step up in every category. I hope it sounds mean.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
No fence except the price here. Badass car. Funny, my wife didn’t really like or drive mine. Not sure what @LargeOrangeFont told her but a white CTSV is on her short list now..
LOL, my wife won't get behind the wheel of mine but likes when we take it locally. White Diamond as well.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Happy to help :)

2C52EA47-74FF-4D32-BD9D-8EFC28B8BE62.jpeg

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Not the best looking car. But the Manual makes it cool. Glad to see they are offering it. I bet it’s a hoot to drive.

Tank

Reaction score
How much will it be in 3 years? (with paddles not stick). 🤔🤔🤔😁

Reactions: DWC

traquer

Reaction score
Badass car. Out of my budget right now but I'd probably get it otherwise. Wonder how the depreciation will be.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Badass car. Out of my budget right now but I'd probably get it otherwise. Wonder how the depreciation will be.

My guess, the manual version will become a cult car. A bit like the V10 BMW M5’s with a manual. Those cars are snapped up whenever they come up for sale.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
My guess, the manual version will become a cult car. A bit like the V10 BMW M5’s with a manual. Those cars are snapped up whenever they come up for sale.
Like a ctsv wagon with a manual

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
It looks like a Honda Accord. They removed all the exterior cues that gave it the badass look, no hood vent, very small fender vents, they shortened the front splitter and they just slapped a V on the fender. On the V3’s it was integrated with the fender vent. Even the front fascia is less aggressive looking. The rectangular exhaust outlets don’t work for me either. I do like the new interior, but not enough to fork over $115k. I’ll just hang onto my V3.
IMG_7824.JPG

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Will have to give it the "Ass" seal of approval before I get to excited. The Earlier model CTS-Vs I tried to buy, I couldn't sit in for more than a few minutes, seats sucked.
The most comfy Caddy I really loved was the previous CT6V Blackwing, OMG those seats were to die for.
For fun yesterday I tried to build and on-line version of the current CT5V with the V6. Every singular option I wanted caused the price to jump another $ 3-6K because it triggered a mondo-package that was required. I hate that shit, because I end up with to much baggage I don't want, for the one item I do.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
It looks like a Honda Accord. They removed all the exterior cues that gave it the badass look, no hood vent, very small fender vents, they shortened the front splitter and they just slapped a V on the fender. On the V3’s it was integrated with the fender vent. Even the front fascia is less aggressive looking. The rectangular exhaust outlets don’t work for me either. I do like the new interior, but not enough to fork over $115k. I’ll just hang onto my V3.
Agree. Looks like an import now.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Will have to give it the "Ass" seal of approval before I get to excited. The Earlier model CTS-Vs I tried to buy, I couldn't sit in for more than a few minutes, seats sucked.
The most comfy Caddy I really loved was the previous CT6V Blackwing, OMG those seats were to die for.
For fun yesterday I tried to build and on-line version of the current CT5V with the V6. Every singular option I wanted caused the price to jump another $ 3-6K because it triggered a mondo-package that was required. I hate that shit, because I end up with to much baggage I don't want, for the one item I do.
That’s the “new normal”. Have you tried building a truck online? For a single option that you want, you have to get a $3000 package and that package requires a required package. The truck then goes from a mid $40k truck to a $60k ½ ton truck. Fuggetaboutit.

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
That’s the “new normal”. Have you tried building a truck online? For a single option that you want, you have to get a $3000 package and that package requires a required package. The truck then goes from a mid $40k truck to a $60k ½ ton truck. Fuggetaboutit.

Oh I know, same with my Raptor, ended up with some gay trailer backup knob and other tech-shit I've never used. Wasn't intended as a Caddy Slap, they all do it.

As one Caddy example, was trying to build more of a performance oriented car, but I really was impressed by the rear view cameras I demo'ed at a car show, I also really dig the Head's up display on my Camaro. ( Come on Ford, wake the fuck up and offer one ya dicks !!!!!!!!! )
But with the Caddy, to get either I'm forced into a package or three with shit it's not a matter of paying for more than a matter that I will not buy the car with them on it --- So I'm out !!!!!!!!!!!
I'll stick with waiting for the C-8 ZO6 they'll only want another $ 50K market adjustment on. 😂 Then figure out how to get into and out of it, gracefully (OR NOT) :rolleyes:

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
image1.jpeg
IMG_1505.jpg

I agree that the new V's look too much like a Euro import now. The sharp angles of the original Art and Science design set the cars apart from their euro competition. I am looking forward to getting some seat time with the new V series cars on the track to see how good they actually are, until then I am on the fence. My 800+hp V2 is a sledgehammer on the track where as the ATS-V is a surgical weapon. Really hope the new cars actually deliver on the performance side. Our ATS-V is absolutely one of the best if not the best handling cars I've ever driven..,.,.the bean counters and marketing people at Cadillac dropped the ball by not putting a V8 in the car.
image1.jpeg

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
View attachment 969137 View attachment 969139
I agree that the new V's look too much like a Euro import now. The sharp angles of the original Art and Science design set the cars apart from their euro competition. I am looking forward to getting some seat time with the new V series cars on the track to see how good they actually are, until then I am on the fence. My 800+hp V2 is a sledgehammer on the track where as the ATS-V is a surgical weapon. Really hope the new cars actually deliver on the performance side. Our ATS-V is absolutely one of the best if not the best handling cars I've ever driven..,.,.the bean counters and marketing people at Cadillac dropped the ball by not putting a V8 in the car. View attachment 969137
I liked the ATS V until I sat in it and immediately knew they spent their development budget on everything except the interior. The dash design looks like they yanked it out of a Chevy Sonic. It handled well and got up and scooted pretty good, but they dash just made me say no, and I’m glad - I thoroughly enjoy my CTS V and love the sound of that supercharged V8. You just can’t get that rumble with a V6.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Here's a pic that someone photoshopped a hood vent, dark wheels and lowered slightly. What a difference that makes.
But I'm still put off by the flat front end. All the new Cadillac front ends are like that, especially the Escalade.

1612450640234.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I agree that the new V's look too much like a Euro import now. The sharp angles of the original Art and Science design set the cars apart from their euro competition. I am looking forward to getting some seat time with the new V series cars on the track to see how good they actually are, until then I am on the fence. My 800+hp V2 is a sledgehammer on the track where as the ATS-V is a surgical weapon. Really hope the new cars actually deliver on the performance side. Our ATS-V is absolutely one of the best if not the best handling cars I've ever driven..,.,.the bean counters and marketing people at Cadillac dropped the ball by not putting a V8 in the car. View attachment 969137

I agree with you, however if you want a V8 in an ATS, you can at least buy 6th gen Camaro.

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
I agree with you, however if you want a V8 in an ATS, you can at least buy 6th gen Camaro.
The Chassis Engineers who developed the Alpha Platform are Gods! Like the E46 was when it arrived ....it is such a massive leap forward. LoL I've got a 5th gen Camaro ss thats a fully caged race car so I know how shitty the vision is in the car on track. I was just waiting on the new zo6.....it's an absolute beast that revs to the moon and will have a center exit option for the exhaust, and wider body . That's my plan but I keep finding myself lately searching out gen 5 Vipers. I made the monumental mistake of driving a good buddy's 1600HP Twin Turbo Calvo motorsports built 5th gen Viper with sequential shifter and rolling anti-lag.......Antonio Calvo has skills! Holy Shit that was amazing! The acceleration from 60 to 200 was mind bending. My buddy just laughed when I told him what a bad influence he was on me.....he replied "so I'll hook you up with calvo after you find your 5th gen, no worries bro". He knows me so well.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Dang, that's not my fathers Cadi!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The Chassis Engineers who developed the Alpha Platform are Gods! Like the E46 was when it arrived ....it is such a massive leap forward. LoL I've got a 5th gen Camaro ss thats a fully caged race car so I know how shitty the vision is in the car on track. I was just waiting on the new zo6.....it's an absolute beast that revs to the moon and will have a center exit option for the exhaust, and wider body . That's my plan but I keep finding myself lately searching out gen 5 Vipers. I made the monumental mistake of driving a good buddy's 1600HP Twin Turbo Calvo motorsports built 5th gen Viper with sequential shifter and rolling anti-lag.......Antonio Calvo has skills! Holy Shit that was amazing! The acceleration from 60 to 200 was mind bending. My buddy just laughed when I told him what a bad influence he was on me.....he replied "so I'll hook you up with calvo after you find your 5th gen, no worries bro". He knows me so well.

Those turbo vipers are legit.

Yea the 5th and 6th gen Camaros have horrible sight lines. The Vipers make good “fun” cars. My buddy has an ACR sitting in his garage.. he’s too nervous about tracking it. He had an off in his old Gen 4 GTS that cost like $10k.

I can’t keep up with the ACRs if the driver knows how to drive, but my little LS powered Mazda can drive away from a Gen 5 GTS on Hoosiers.

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
Those turbo vipers are legit.

Yea the 5th and 6th gen Camaros have horrible sight lines. The Vipers make good “fun” cars. My buddy has an ACR sitting in his garage.. he’s too nervous about tracking it. He had an off in his old Gen 4 GTS that cost like $10k.

I can’t keep up with the ACRs if the driver knows how to drive, but my little LS powered Mazda can drive away from a Gen 5 GTS on Hoosiers.
An LS in any Mazda is a good day at the track. The MX-5 cup races were some of the best racing I've seen. Great launching pad for unknown drivers. Fun and fast momentum cars without the LS power! ToTally nutz with LS power😍

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Bad ass car, especially for a sedan. Stick shifts are all but done these days. The list of cars where you can still get one is pretty short and getting shorter. When I ordered my Camaro ZL1 I wanted a stick for this reason. Dealership folks could not get past the reasoning for a manual, especially since the auto has paddle shifters. Muscle car should have a stick, yes slower than the 10 speed auto, but you just will never understand the way things were back in the day. When the dealer did the search for a manual they couldn't even find any in nearby states so I special ordered it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Bad ass car, especially for a sedan. Stick shifts are all but done these days. The list of cars where you can still get one is pretty short and getting shorter. When I ordered my Camaro ZL1 I wanted a stick for this reason. Dealership folks could not get past the reasoning for a manual, especially since the auto has paddle shifters. Muscle car should have a stick, yes slower than the 10 speed auto, but you just will never understand the way things were back in the day. When the dealer did the search for a manual they couldn't even find any in nearby states so I special ordered it.

That will never drop too much in value.