WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lakes to visit...

sirbob

Reaction score
If you wanted to tell a friend about a great lake to boat on...

A place that has nice water / a town or area with some vibe / bars or restaurants to go to via boat / Etc.

Where would that be?

Someplace between Lake Havasu / Lake Travis TX / Lake Saranac NY / Lake Walloon MI / Lake Havasu ?

tip4[1].jpg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Lake Elsinore comes to mind.... Quick access to Meth, risk of having your truck slide into the water due to the algie on the ramps... :) Great topic would love to explore with the boat one day.

Once you score that meth and toothless hooker at Elsinore, you can swing my Lake Perris in Riverside and pick up some Heroin, from there head to Lake Powell (Arizona / Utah border), I dont think there could a more beautiful lake in the US. Its basically the Grand Canyon with water in it.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Lake Tenkiller, Ok.
Chain O'lakes-King, Wi.
Colombia River, Or./Wa.
Niagara River, near Buffalo, N.Y.
Florida Keys, Fla.
Potomac River, Va./D.C.
Colorado River, near Moab, Ut.
Somewhere on the Mississippi River.
Yellowstone Lake, Wy.

Thousands of other places I want to go.

Dan'l

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Once you score that meth and toothless hooker at Elsinore, you can swing my Lake Perris in Riverside and pick up some Heroin, from there head to Lake Powell (Arizona / Utah border), I dont think there could a more beautiful lake in the US. Its basically the Grand Canyon with water in it.

Have you never had a gummy?!!

Amazeballs! according to a friend

sirbob

Reaction score
Lake Pacific... As much or as little nightlife as you might want.
. What state - what’s it near?

Torch Lake here in Michigan, Traverse Bay, Indian River Chain.

We will be in that area for sure - a friend bought a hotel in st Ignatius and we will be there doing some work on it - I’ll be putting in a few place in north MI.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
We like Kentucky Lake, but are biased. Douglas Lake in TN. Lake George in upstate NY. Lanier in GA. Norman in NC. Florida intercoastal as someone said. If you want straight out partying Put in Bay on Lake Erie.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Id like to try Flathead Lake when I’m in Idaho this summer for the Pend Oreille run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe540

Reaction score
Lake Lahotan is a great place to go. About 45 minutes from Reno. Great beaches and some smooth water in the AM.

It is the go to lake for @renodaytona and our families

Attachments

• 20190622_121812.jpg
    20190622_121812.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200724_060632.jpg
    20200724_060632.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 87

sirbob

Reaction score
We like Kentucky Lake, but are biased. Douglas Lake in TN. Lake George in upstate NY. Lanier in GA. Norman in NC. Florida intercoastal as someone said. If you want straight out partying Put in Bay on Lake Erie.

Great suggestions in this list - already on the radar are lake Lanier, lake George and Put In Bay is a strong maybe !

I’d love to do the intercostal but my fresh water boat and trailer (more the trailer) won’t tolerate the salt very well!

sirbob

Reaction score

Lake Lanier / lake George are on the list - Put in Bay is a strong maybe. I love boating on the inter coastal but my trailer is a fresh water only package so I’ll have to leave that trip to a different boat.
Lake Lahotan is a great place to go. About 45 minutes from Reno. Great beaches and some smooth water in the AM.

It is the go to lake for @renodaytona and our families

Id like to try Flathead Lake when I’m in Idaho this summer for the Pend Oreille run.

I boated in Priest Lake ID before and loved it! I have friends in Reno and have been talking about coming up there with the boat to Tahoe and area - it on the list

But I don’t think this trip this summer will make it to the NW area of the country.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score

Im headed up to flathead lake this summer. Excited, the pics look amazing.

jet496

Reaction score
Lake Navaho in New Mexico/Colorado is a great place to boat and camp but Lake Powell's truly Gods country. I've been boating there for decades all in 21 ft boats but you better watch the weather & be on your toes. It can get hairy real fast.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Lake Tahoe is a not to miss, only during the late spring, summer, fall. Bring a ton of HP or a different prop as it is at 6,200 ft. Water is so clear, over 60 ft visibility. Downside is boat inspection, launching and mooring.

707dog

Reaction score
Back in the 60's Clear Lake - Clear Lake Oaks was a great place. It's probably a zoo now
Lol it still has its characters my family has been there since late 70s uncle built his place up on the hill behind red n white market. Family members own 3 different vacation houses down in the keys which have turned into full time living to escape the bay area. Not alot of money generated around the lake like the old days to keep it on the up n up

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Lake Lanier is the busier, more populated ATL playground. Lake Hartwell is the larger, quieter, cleaner twin brother. Lake Keowee and Lake Murray in SC are also awesome.

All of the above are large lakes, clean warm water, several restaurants & bars on the water, and 100s of houses to choose from.

4czn10

Reaction score
44, where do you live? i live on Hartwell, and agree with your description. i would add the Keowee is the prettiest of all of them!

shunter2005

Reaction score
Is that in the Houston area ?
You do not want to go to Clear Lake in Texas. Salt and it's dirty as hell!!! Water is only about chest deep outside of the channel. You will be standing in about 2-3 ft of nasty mud to be chest deep. However, they do have some great restaurants and markets for straight off the boat delights in Seabrook and Kemah.

sirbob

Reaction score
You do not want to go to Clear Lake in Texas. Salt and it's dirty as hell!!! Water is only about chest deep outside of the channel. You will be standing in about 2-3 ft of nasty mud to be chest deep. However, they do have some great restaurants and markets for straight off the boat delights in Seabrook and Kemah.

HAHA That was the only Clear Lake I've heard of! Glad he didn't mean that one:)