WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sunrise in Albuquerque. Thank god it still does.

ridebig

Reaction score
C4DF8C75-4118-4A41-9236-45095D40A00F.jpeg

ridebig

Reaction score
Sorry for bringing in politics but our governor is destroying this state. I’m a life long New Mexican but losing hope. If I could sell my business I’d be gone. (Moderators move this if necessary) I know I’m not the only one in this situation and props to those that hang on and prosper!!!

rrrr

Reaction score
Sunrise over the Sandias or the beauty of a full moon climbing over the peak while the evening sun washes its face with incredible red hues are memories that have lasted a lifetime for me. I've hiked the canyons, skied the powder, and flown high above it on thermals that seemed to be everywhere on the rocky face.

It's The Mountain.

playdeep

Reaction score
Sorry for bringing in politics but our governor is destroying this state. I’m a life long New Mexican but losing hope. If I could sell my business I’d be gone. (Moderators move this if necessary) I know I’m not the only one in this situation and props to those that hang on and prosper!!!
Tim...
I'm with ya buddy...I'm over it.
I'm a native as well.
I'm in the process of moving.
...just gotta find a place I like.

playdeep

Reaction score
Sunrise over the Sandias or the beauty of a full moon climbing over the peak while the evening sun washes its face with incredible red hues are memories that have lasted a lifetime for me. I've hiked the canyons, skied the powder, and flown high above it on thermals that seemed to be everywhere on the rocky face.

It's The Mountain.

Ron weren't you one of the original Banzai Warrior's who used to hang glide off Sandia Crest...?

BingerFang

Reaction score
I have a good buddy that just bought a house in north valley. We played the sandia golf course last summer, what a blast! Probably the nicest golf course I’ve ever played.

rrrr

Reaction score
Ron weren't you one of the original Banzai Warrior's who used to hang glide off Sandia Crest...?

I got started in 1976. Matt and Louis and a couple other guys had flown from the Crest by then. The early kites were so crappy that the first two times Louis took off from Sandia Peak, he had to land in the canyon and hike out. He took a lot of ribbing for that.

😁

By 1978 the designs had improved so much I could easily stay up a couple of hours and get a couple thousand feet above takeoff. We had to fly in long underwear and jackets because it was in the low 40s at that altitude during summer.

rrrr

Reaction score
Tim...
I'm with ya buddy...I'm over it.
I'm a native as well.
I'm in the process of moving.
...just gotta find a place I like.

My Dad just about blows a gasket when we discuss the governor.

😁

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I left in the early 80s. It was a welfare state back then and has only gotten worst.
Rural New Mexico was a great place for me to grow up though.
I always say,, New Mexico is a great place to be from.

ridebig

Reaction score
I have a good buddy that just bought a house in north valley. We played the sandia golf course last summer, what a blast! Probably the nicest golf course I’ve ever played.
There are some awesome golf courses here for sure!

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
We moved our dairy out to Artesia from SoCal in '92, had a manager that ran it until '98 when we sold our trucking and hay business to move to NM ourselves. I lasted less than a year, had to tell Pops "I'll be back, but this isn't the place for me right now. Went back to SoCal, ended up marrying my HS sweetheart and moved back in '03 and bought into the dairy and farm.
For Ag, NM has had strict but manageable enviro rules. Down where I am we have an amazing water supply- most of my Irrigation wells are valved closed right now and if opened will flow 1000-2400 GPM without the pump. When we relocated the dairy here, Leprino Cheese was the primary milk buyer, with a little fluid sales to small regional processors for bottled milk. The oil and gas industry has more than blessed not just our town, but pretty much all the small towns across SE NM, with $1.3 billion in revenue going to our schools and state economy. The assault on small businesses in the last year has had a crippling effect on our small towns down here. Watching the circus shit show happening is the round house right now, I'm fearful for our state over the next couple years. I'm actually glad they are spending more time hearing bills on hairstyles in schools that BS bills that would further kill our small businesses. The lunacy in Santa Fe is astounding, and all lead by our pint sized crooked governor.
If finding the land and water equivalent of what I have here were easy, my family and 6000 cows would get on down the road. Unfortunately, it's not that easy. So we'll ride this out a bit, get a little more involved, and do our best. I was content being on boards and committees concerning my industry and town. Now I'm on to getting into the Republican party committees both county and statewide, and considering a run at county commissioner on the next round. I feel like if I'm kind of stuck here, I may as well work my way up to where I can maybe steer this bitch a little.
If any of you guys get down this way and need a coldbeer or tequila, and have time to check out some toys and shoot the shit, let me know.

RodnJen

Reaction score
We moved our dairy out to Artesia from SoCal in '92, had a manager that ran it until '98 when we sold our trucking and hay business to move to NM ourselves. I lasted less than a year, had to tell Pops "I'll be back, but this isn't the place for me right now. Went back to SoCal, ended up marrying my HS sweetheart and moved back in '03 and bought into the dairy and farm.
For Ag, NM has had strict but manageable enviro rules. Down where I am we have an amazing water supply- most of my Irrigation wells are valved closed right now and if opened will flow 1000-2400 GPM without the pump. When we relocated the dairy here, Leprino Cheese was the primary milk buyer, with a little fluid sales to small regional processors for bottled milk. The oil and gas industry has more than blessed not just our town, but pretty much all the small towns across SE NM, with $1.3 billion in revenue going to our schools and state economy. The assault on small businesses in the last year has had a crippling effect on our small towns down here. Watching the circus shit show happening is the round house right now, I'm fearful for our state over the next couple years. I'm actually glad they are spending more time hearing bills on hairstyles in schools that BS bills that would further kill our small businesses. The lunacy in Santa Fe is astounding, and all lead by our pint sized crooked governor.
If finding the land and water equivalent of what I have here were easy, my family and 6000 cows would get on down the road. Unfortunately, it's not that easy. So we'll ride this out a bit, get a little more involved, and do our best. I was content being on boards and committees concerning my industry and town. Now I'm on to getting into the Republican party committees both county and statewide, and considering a run at county commissioner on the next round. I feel like if I'm kind of stuck here, I may as well work my way up to where I can maybe steer this bitch a little.
If any of you guys get down this way and need a coldbeer or tequila, and have time to check out some toys and shoot the shit, let me know.

Good on you for getting/staying involved.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Albuquerque gets a lot of bad press, but I love it here (well, Bosque Farms/Los Lunas). Our Gov is killing the state, and the rise in homeless pop over the last few years is crazy.

BUT, I like the weather. The NM food cant be beat. I like the lack of traffic (I don't spend much time in alb/RR). I like being 2 hours or less from the butte, jemez, the zuni's, the gila, tons of great rock crawling trails, tons of desert to drive the race truck, etc. I have generations of family here, so I'm staying no matter what the MLG does I guess!

And I'm a sucker for the sunrise/sunsets!

77hallett

Reaction score
Lots of good hiking/riding trails out there.
You're only 30/45 minutes away from the Jemez wilderness(poor man's version of Sedona).
Perfect. I was told you can ride the trails/washes around Rio Rancho as well?

ridebig

Reaction score
Perfect. I was told you can ride the trails/washes around Rio Rancho as well?
Yes, but it get's pretty crazy on weekend's. Your close to Santa Fe as well. Some good riding there to. Honestly the outdoor's here is had to beat.

ridebig

Reaction score
Great post! Same goes if you come to Albuquerque.

rrrr

Reaction score
Yes, but it get's pretty crazy on weekend's. Your close to Santa Fe as well. Some good riding there to. Honestly the outdoor's here is had to beat.

Are there trails around the old gypsum mine that's on 550 west of Rio Rancho?

playdeep

Reaction score
Are there trails around the old gypsum mine that's on 550 west of Rio Rancho?
Yup...
There's an old motocross track out there as well.
I've never ridden out there but a bunch of my friends have..

77hallett

Reaction score
Makes sense. I wasn’t sure if it was regulated like it is in SoCal.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Yup...
There's an old motocross track out there as well.
I've never ridden out there but a bunch of my friends have..

Are you talking about J5 motocross right off 550? That was a fun track. I wish it wasn't closed/gone.

playdeep

Reaction score
Are you talking about J5 motocross right off 550? That was a fun track. I wish it wasn't closed/gone.

Yup...
Left side of the road as you're headed north towards San Ysidro.
One of the old buildings still standing.
I've heard there's miles&miles of riding trails back there.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Yup...
Left side of the road as you're headed north towards San Ysidro.
One of the old buildings still standing.
I've heard there's miles&miles of riding trails back there.
Yup! That was J5. Was a super fun track. Had one big hill that if you crested it a bit too fast it was a looooong flight down.

There are some pretty cool trails back in there for sure. There are also a bunch of bicycle only trails back there.

playdeep

Reaction score
I truly love New Mexico...
But,man...everyday the politics here gets worse.
How about the new gun law the Libtard's have introduced.
Wish the fat cunt governor would stroke out or choke to death while pigging out.

rrrr

Reaction score
She's a POS. Using her twice removed dead relative's Hispanic surname to get votes was as cynical as it gets. Of course, that means she has a real future in Democrat politics.