WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

Xring01

Reaction score
Reducing alot of my positions over the weekend,
Just because all kinds of crap can happen over the weekend, and the markets can tank on Monday...

Basically I am just reducing some of my exposure to risk... will be ready to buy back what I sold on Monday AM if I feel its going to be a green day based on the Global News, and the Futures outlook.

I will not sell any of my AAPL, all the rest... yes, most likely sell off 50%, which does take profits, reducing my risk to losing $$$, but also prevents me from making as much is the markets skyrocket monday am...

This is a new strategy for me, not sure if its a good idea or not.

But I hate waking up red red red on monday morning, just to hustle my day trading all day, to make a red day green.

Last edited:

Cibolasam

Reaction score
AB
Quick Technical Analysis of the chart.

Quicky Synopsis..
I love the uptrend over the last 6 months... Its buy on good pull backs, where I outlined in red on the chart.
Its currently overbought and most likely will pull back to the blue line... at about $36.80, which may be a buy point if doesnt drop all the way down to the Yellow line...... The RSI is to high, and its over extended.... Its not a swing trade, and its not a good buy at this point for a buy and hold. Keep watching it set some alerts in the $37 area.. But thats my opinion.

Again, Fundamental, can change my opinion,,, But I have not looked at it from that perspective yet... Good news, bitch could pop to $45, bad news it could drop to $33...

View attachment 969660

Thank you very much. What brought my attention to it was Pelosi’s husband bought heavily into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xring01

Reaction score
Thank you very much. What brought my attention to it was Pelosi’s husband bought heavily into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People like that, it takes them awhile to get into a true position, due the the amount that they typically purchase. They are typically buying for the long hall like 9-18months minimum.

If you plan is to not look at it for 9 months, then you can buy in anytime, and will most likely be ok...

But my strategys are to never over pay, and maximize my return, flip that $$$ several times a a qtr.... Assuming that I get get a better annual ROI than just buying and holding.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Couple things I’ll be looking at Monday. I’d like to buy clov but we’ll see what’s going on pre market. Id like to buy some cciv and I’ll be looking at Mvis. If I can pick Mvis up around 10.50 I will, if I can take profit I will, and if it pulls back to 9.50 I’ll buy again. I’ve made a couple bucks with ctrm and I was going to get rid of it Friday but they bought another ship and now I’m curious to see what happens. Llnw has a made me a little bit of money but I might pull the plug on that and use the money somewhere else. I don’t know though I was hoping the new ceo would cause a little run, but maybe not. I’m still reading about a possible run with amc if it gets enough volume so I’m hoping for that but not really counting on it. I’m going to keep one share of gme to say I was there when it happened.

78Southwind

Reaction score
So I have been trying to find out how much was lost on GME and I have seen the number all over the place. Today Robinhood Execs said that Hedge Funds lost 30 Billion on a stock that at the most they could have gained was 300 Million. :eek:

zhandfull

Reaction score
So I have been trying to find out how much was lost on GME and I have seen the number all over the place. Today Robinhood Execs said that Hedge Funds lost 30 Billion on a stock that at the most they could have gained was 300 Million. :eek:
That makes the small amount I lost on the trades that much better. 😁

Hard to believe anything Robinhood says at this point though.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

Its a zero sum game with the shorts....If someone loses 30b someone gains 30b. At least that is how I understand that game

Sounds like the HF's made a bad bet :)

78Southwind

Reaction score
Its a zero sum game with the shorts....If someone loses 30b someone gains 30b. At least that is how I understand that game

Sounds like the HF's made a bad bet :)

I believe what they were suggesting is that most of the shorts were taken when GME had a market cap of $300 Million. Therefore, the most the Hedge Funds could have gained if GME were to go to $0 would have been $300 Million. Kind of a strange deal to think about when you have a stock that is shorted more than 100%, such as GME at an estimated 140% short position. However, Hedge Funds were taking limitless risk since the price in theory can keep going up and up. I don't think it is a zero sum game since there are margin interest/stock borrowing costs.

78Southwind

Reaction score
I think the Wall Street Bets guys/retards are going after Cryptos?...lol

I watch this one since I have more money in it than all the other ones. My plan was to hold it for at least 15 to 20 years. If it goes back to it's all time high I might have to sell some of it. It's tempting to at least sell a little bit right now since I am up 160%.

Cardano ADA.png

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
So I wasn’t kidding when I said I jump into things head first. I’ve spent a few hours this morning making a plan for what I’m doing tomorrow and the upcoming days and weeks. I’ve spent a good chunk of my time messing with webull and learning how to use it. Maybe Robinhood could do some of the stuff but i didn’t take any time to learn that platform and I’m not going to. I have my SoFi account set up and I’m going to do my long term stocks in there. For now it will be cciv clov ipoe and cpsh. As I do more research things will be added or taken out, whatever. I’m going to use webull to day trade or swing trade. I like the price alerts feature the app has a and if it works decent that will help because I do have a full time job but I’m able to look at my phone whenever an alert would pop up. Webull will have my amc gme ctrm llnw nakd vyne and Mvis. I need to transfer everything from Robin Hood to webull but I don’t know if I should pay the transfer fee or just put fb more money back into Robinhood (needs 2k or more) I have close to that in there but was already moving things to SoFi and didn’t plan on using Robinhood anymore. Anyways those are my thoughts today I’ll take any advice anyone else wants to give. Oh I am going to add draft kings and skillz to my long term but I’m waiting for an entry point

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I watch a lot of videos and I still don't get half of the things you can do in the market.

I have two etrade accounts, one for long term. Just added a nice chunk into Ford and BLNK. The other in play with penny stocks and sometimes do well. I think you have to set a get price both ways , you can always move them .

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’m going to trade sundial for a while too and see what happens. Some people think it has potential to hit 10 bucks. I dunno maybe

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I watch a lot of videos and I still don't get half of the things you can do in the market.

I have two etrade accounts, one for long term. Just added a nice chunk into Ford and BLNK. The other in play with penny stocks and sometimes do well. I think you have to set a get price both ways , you can always move them .
I’ve heard blink mentioned a lot but I’ve done zero research. A couple of the guys I follow are in though. Webull gave me more options but I put limited experience so that restricted me some

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Couple things I’ll be looking at Monday. I’d like to buy clov but we’ll see what’s going on pre market. Id like to buy some cciv and I’ll be looking at Mvis. If I can pick Mvis up around 10.50 I will, if I can take profit I will, and if it pulls back to 9.50 I’ll buy again. I’ve made a couple bucks with ctrm and I was going to get rid of it Friday but they bought another ship and now I’m curious to see what happens. Llnw has a made me a little bit of money but I might pull the plug on that and use the money somewhere else. I don’t know though I was hoping the new ceo would cause a little run, but maybe not. I’m still reading about a possible run with amc if it gets enough volume so I’m hoping for that but not really counting on it. I’m going to keep one share of gme to say I was there when it happened.
Clov is gonna be a good one. I can see it going to its $20 target soon. Chamaths a genius and shorts never learn

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
PLUG and BLNK should start to grow. Going to need chargers for all the Electric vehicles being shoved down are throat.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I think a lot of the pot stocks will take off soon , with Mexico getting ready to make it legal.

farmo83

Reaction score
Bought some NKE calls Friday.

Missed the boat(no pun intended) on CCL.

We'll see what the week has instore.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Clov is gonna be a good one. I can see it going to its $20 target soon. Chamaths a genius and shorts never learn
I bought into ipoe because of him and really it’s why SoFi is my main platform now

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I’m telling you....$MOON is gonna be a solid long play
I have a bunch of different one I picked out 5 years ago . Most were in the .0005 range . If the ever hit , man I'll invite everyone on here for a beer . 250.000 shares in each . I was buy a crap load every two weeks , when in got my paycheck. I keep telling the wife its for the future. My problem is I get tired of waiting, cash it out and 3 day later it takes off .

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Don't have my trading view up so using RH for this, but check out the chart. This is what I was talking about when it comes to "flagging"........

See the run up that happened a few weeks ago and then the "flag" of consolidation? Definitely was setting up for a move higher, just needed that motivation and the defense order for the armor, did it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go higher.

View attachment 969418

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Is this kind of what ctrm is doing or am I way off

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It is, but I wouldn't apply the strategy to penny stocks as they are too volatile.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I’m hoping this one takes off. I bought into it just because I saw shintooo throw it out. The more I’ve looked into it the more I like it. One of the channels I follow put out a video this morning which makes me like it even more. I’m still looking at a million charts to try and figure things out. I like webull a lot for looking at things and alerts and notifications.

nowski

Reaction score
I have a bunch of different one I picked out 5 years ago . Most were in the .0005 range . If the ever hit , man I'll invite everyone on here for a beer . 250.000 shares in each . I was buy a crap load every two weeks , when in got my paycheck. I keep telling the wife its for the future. My problem is I get tired of waiting, cash it out and 3 day later it takes off .

If you like betting the penny stocks check this guys (alexander delarge 655321) picks on twitter. Just sit back and watch how well his picks do before jumping in head first. A couple of my winners are OZSC and VISM. Good Luck...

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
If you like betting the penny stocks check this guys (alexander delarge 655321) picks on twitter. Just sit back and watch how well his picks do before jumping in head first. A couple of my winners are OZSC and VISM. Good Luck...
Thanks ill take a look.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Mvis took off this morning. Going to take profits and try to buy back in on a dip around 10.50

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Mvis is still going. I kind of figured out how i like to look for an entry point based on the charts. But what about exit point. How do you guys set that? And then how would you I do it for day trading and long term. Like today I was hoping to buy Mvis food ie 10.50 and sell around 14 if it got there and then try to buy back in at 1050 again. Well it shot past 14 but how do I pick a good exit based on charts

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
And right after I posted it dipped back into 14. I guess that tells me something

Xring01

Reaction score
Mvis is still going. I kind of figured out how i like to look for an entry point based on the charts. But what about exit point. How do you guys set that? And then how would you I do it for day trading and long term. Like today I was hoping to buy Mvis food ie 10.50 and sell around 14 if it got there and then try to buy back in at 1050 again. Well it shot past 14 but how do I pick a good exit based on charts
Sell 75% when it hits your profit target...
Hold the remaining... to see what it going to do next... I typically put a pretty tight stop on the portion that I am holding...

The above advice is more for a swing trade...

As a day trade... you sell all the way up... 10% increments minimum... locking in profits as it goes.

OK... I had some time..
Here is my day 1 chart on MVIS...
Take a look at the green/red lines... 9/20emas.... see where the green crossed over the red at that $15 level... And that bigger red candle after..
That tells me the day traders had alot of stops at $15, when it broke,,, there stopped triggered, and they locked in there profits...

Next key line... see the middle white line... thats the VWAP line... its dropping, it broke below, and now is heading back up...

As a day trader... watching it now... if I see some volume come into it, then I will long scalp it for a quick 10-25 cent win... But volume is the key... because it if it breaks below that white line and holds for a minute or two, I would pretty much not watch it for the rest of the day, unless I was planning to short it.

1612801517749.png

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
Buddy told me to buy pot stock life on Friday, told him he was "High" lol, missed out on 50% gain.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Hold the remaining... to see what it going to do next... I typically put a pretty tight stop on the portion that I am holding...

As a day trade... you sell all the way up... 10% increments minimum... locking in profits as it goes.

OK... I had some time..
Take a look at the green/red lines... 9/20emas.... see where the green crossed over the red at that $15 level... And that bigger red candle after..
That tells me the day traders had alot of stops at $15, when it broke,,, there stopped triggered, and they locked in there profits...

Next key line... see the middle white line... thats the VWAP line... its dropping, it broke below, and now is heading back up...

As a day trader... watching it now... if I see some volume come into it, then I will long scalp it for a quick 10-25 cent win... But volume is the key... because it if it breaks below that white line and holds for a minute or two, I would pretty much not watch it for the rest of the day, unless I was planning to short it.

View attachment 970655
Thank you for that explanation I appreciate it. YouTube has been great but I don’t get to ask questions

Xring01

Reaction score

OK... I had some time..

View attachment 970655
Vic,
This is how I scalped MVIS for a q quick win... blue is my purchase point... red are my sells...
See the green line hit the red line....tthat was my signal is could pop up a bit...
I got in, and luckily for me... alot of others where watching the same thing I was.... because a bit of volume came in right as I bought... it popped 10-20 cents... I Sold 33%, ,then 33%, and all out... trade was over in less than 4 minutes, because those are 1 minute candles.s
That is a scalp.... BTW... the last 33% I sold at my purchase price.... So I only made $$$ on the first 66%....
I was willing to hold it longer, but I was not willing to turn a winner into a looser... I learned that lesson, paying a boat load of stupid tax..
The key is the trade plan... what are you doing, when you buy... daily swing, day trade, scalp, buy and hold.... every one of those are played differently... So dont confuse them when you make a decision... Because it you dont have a trading plan and define what your goals are, I promise you, you will lose more $$$ than you make...
Again... Thats Stupid Tax... I have paid my fair share to lean those lessons.

1612802074101.png

Edited:
Looking at it at 8:51 am now...
Volume is dropping like a rock. which is telling me most day traders have moved on to another stock....
My crystal ball... this stock will slowly fall below the white line... Which I might short scalp it for another 10-25cent win.... and probably grind for the rest of the day....

Why do I say that... VOLUME... with out volume its not going to go up, If volume comes back in.... then it has a chance to go back to the High of the day....... so as a day trader... stay away from it until you see volume increasing.... its not a stock you want to buy as day trade right now... because its flat and no VOLUME.....

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
MFKR...
My crystal ball was pretty accurate on this one... As I predicted,,, slowly fall below the white line, because there is no volume....

So, Now day traders are thinking.... Is it done for the day? or is it going to move later in the day....
Now they are looking at "Set Ups" potential set up is called VWAP reclaim...
If it gets above the VWAP white line, with volume, then it may get more peoples attention, and make a run for the high of the day...

But again, with out volume it will probably just grind away for awhile and may slowly drop...

Again, these are just my opinions....
1612803984319.png

Carrera205

Reaction score
CLNE - natural gas. Signed major contact with LA. Reports say amazon ordered 1000 trucks to run on cng. up 35% today, Gona se how it does at open tomorrow and might jump in. Might be worth looking at.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
CLNE - natural gas. Signed major contact with LA. Reports say amazon ordered 1000 trucks to run on cng. up 35% today, Gona se how it does at open tomorrow and might jump in. Might be worth looking at.
Electric

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’ve heard there’s bad news coming to Amazon. I don’t know what, but that would be interesting

lbhsbz

Reaction score
A

Amazon's 1000 trucks order moving the needle on CNG would be like my acquisition of a patio heater moving the needle on propane stocks....completely insignificant

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
A

Amazon's 1000 trucks order moving the needle on CNG would be like my acquisition of a patio heater moving the needle on propane stocks....completely insignificant
Transit here... i agree with this.
Granted, METRO's fleet is significantly larger than ours, its a drop in the bucket. Most agencies are already repowering to full ev or hydrogen.
That being said, i love me some SPAC's........specifically $NGAC
This one might be a better long play if youre trying to get into the "renewable energy or ev market"
I can see this being successful in the long run with hyliion and workhorse

What we know:

- $NGAC rumored to merge with EV truck company Xos Trucks........
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/exc...-deal-talks-to-go-public-sources-2021-02-08-0

https://markets.businessinsider.com...ice-jumps-deal-ev-truck-xos-2021-2-1030056863

- Xos Trucks has two young founders and former Tesla Founder Rob Ferber (huge) at the helm https://xostrucks.com/ (scroll down and click on those little circles by the faces)

- XOS builds and delivers electric trucks Class 6 (deals with Loomis, UPS) through Class 8 (deal with Hino)

- Xos Trucks raised $20M in August 2020https://www.globenewswire.com/fr/ne...-with-Tier-1-Automotive-Supplier-Metalsa.html

- Xos trucks has a deal with Hino https://www.freightwaves.com/news/xos-gets-first-class-8-electric-truck-deal-from-hino

- Xos trucks is a leader in armored trucks, already has a deal with Loomis https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...019-Announces-Exclusive-Loomis-Agreement.html

- UPS tested some trucks around 3 years ago, and they met again in January 2021 https://www.pressroom.ups.com/pressroom/ContentDetailsViewer.pageConceptType=PressReleases&id=1532964104882-384

- ORDER FROM DICKINSON FLEET https://www.freightwaves.com/news/e...rce=twitter&hss_channel=tw-831603050817138688

- Major income from battery packs, proprietary design

With the Biden Buy American Green Energy subsidy, I expect Xos Trucks (www.xostrucks.com) to be leader in the armored truck and heavy utility sector while eventually replacing Hino's worldwide Class 8 transport fleet with electric vehicles. These batteries improve year after year and with Rob Ferber behind the engineering, I really see Xos Trucks having some true staying power in the EV market

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Mvis is looking good today. Ctrm too and sundial. Thanks everyone that’s helped me out, I’m having fun and learning a lot. #adulting 💎✊🤑

Xring01

Reaction score
My Nio Day trade...
Set is a VWAP bounce.... meaning thats why I decided to take that trade....
I got in on the blue triangle....

Started selling small portions on the way up. 10%, 10%, 10%, out 70 on the last one...
WHY....
Look at the red volume candle below my last sell... The volume was fading fast compared to the prior 5 minutes...and it was at the High of they day, I am expecting a pull back... So
I got all out, hoping it pulls back to $60.00 area, for a reload..... It may keep climbing... but I had a trade plan... and I executed it.

1612883732866.png

Xring01

Reaction score
All the Swing Trades...
AMD, FDX, AAPL, WMT, NIO, BA, loving life today....

DKNG... nice... that sucker is going to break 52 week high, and keep going.... dont buy it now... IF you own it hold it and maybe take a bit of profits off the table.

This is going to be a very very green day for me...
I killed my Day trades today.
I set up my Key Levels to watch, I didnt over trade, if anything I was to conservative. Got in at the right time, staged my outs.

Nothing but smiles today...

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Good day for me as well. I can’t really say trade the way I want because of my full time job but I think I have a decent strategy. Now just need to execute it and be dead inside. I get emotional.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Dipping my toes back into Disney.
Slowly. 10shares. They had a quick run up to 190 now backing down a bit.
Stock should jump up when they reopen the theme parks.
Just need covid to go away lol