WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Rona kicked my ass......

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
I’m curious about who had minor symptoms and what blood type they are . Like I said about me wasn’t so bad. Mainly fatigue . I’m type O+. Was a report that type O was resilient to rona

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I’m curious about who had minor symptoms and what blood type they are . Like I said about me wasn’t so bad. Mainly fatigue . I’m type O+. Was a report that type O was resilient to rona

This is accurate though unproven so far but people with O+ blood type appears to be more common not to have severe symptoms.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
It certainly hits in various ways and severity. The one thing that is consistent and very sad is the difficulty many seniors are having just getting an appointment. Many advanced seniors may not be computer savvy. Heck, many of them may not have computer hardware what so ever. If they’re in LHC even the reports on the topic in the paper tend to be inconsistent. Bad deal for sure.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
COVID 19 Vaccine - Currently Mohave County is provided vaccine quantities based solely on our census population figures. Winter time visitors are not included in those population figures. Yet, Mohave County is currently providing Vaccinations to all eligible (fit the status criteria) out of state winter visitors who want it. Think perhaps that might over burden appointments and the doses of vaccine available? What could possibly go wrong?

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Since we are all sharing i’ll go for perspective:

Both my wife and I got it late late October. Stayed at the cabin in Mammoth for a week or so. Walked several miles a day At elevation to keep the lungs clear. Pretty much did the vitamins regiment. Basically bad cold/flu for both of us. I had the headaches and body aches my wife had the loss of smell and taste.

Got back to town, I got tested, positive. Z-Pac and done.

I’ve had it ....62
my wife has had it 60
my son has had it 24 (still has antibodies 12 months later) he got it in China January 2020.
my mother-in-law has had it, 88 and in retirement home, 1 day of fever and all good after that.

Got to live your life. Like it or not it’s here, Do what’s best for you and yours but don’t let it define how and what you do.

Be safe but don’t stop life because of fear.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
I describe mine as feeling like Sea Sickness with a bad flu and body aches.
31/2 weeks sick plus additional 2 weeks self quarantine, it was BRUTAL.

Reactions: TPC

Warlock1

Reaction score
Started feeling sick on the 23rd and finally got tested on the 26th and came back positive. I'm heading back to work tomorrow. It was a pretty rough first week. Felt like a really bad cold. Aches and Pains. Headaches. Eventually lost smell and taste. Dislocated a rib from coughing so hard. Still need to see a chiropractor to get it back in place. I feel pretty good today.

I had went to a natural path a few weeks before getting sick and she said I was dangerously low on Vitamin D, so she put me on drops and a general multi-vitamin. I really believe this is what saved me. I am a diabetic with Gastroparesis and 54 years old. Had my Gall Bladder taken out last year and other typical Diabetic issues. I really was concerned that I wouldn't make it. Grabbed an O2 sensor and monitored that, Checked my BP daily as well as temp. I'm just glad all I Have left is no taste or smell.

Weird thing is my wife got sick 4 or 5 days after I did. We just assumed it was Covid as well, but she was negative for it and only had a sinus infection.

I'm glad were getting this past us and thankful I recovered as well as I did. Good thoughts headed to anyone that is in the throws of this fucked up disease.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

I'm glad you survived it. Thumbs up.
You dodged more than a bullet, you dodged a cannon ball.
You must have never smoked.

They're still stacking the bodies on top each other at the LA County Morgue.
I exited at Mission east and the hearses were single file to the off ramp.

This virus isn't a we faked the moon landing tale.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Well,i’m 76.Have appointment next Wednesday for first dose. If i‘m not around here in a few weeks so be it. Decided to take the risk. No doubt many in the dungeon will celebrate if things go south. As it is my wife would need hire pallbearers. LOL

I'm sleeping in a room with easy access to the front door to make it easier for them to haul my corpse out and hauled off to the oven. Boatcop gets all my firearms and ammo, RD first refusal on the TH, and Bildoe gets my bicycle and Jet Ski and Mad Magazine collection.

And within the first 2 hours: Wife will run the leaf blower around the storage pad,, have my mattress hauled off and burned by haz mat and move on as a crazy Mustang and Burro rescue lady in her ranch in Wikiup.

As soon as the dust settles on all this I'm heading to the Dry Lake in Spangler and do a SxS run to the Joint. I'll post a camp location pin. Plenty of room for everyone.

Hope you get 100% better Walt, and soon.

Last edited:

Andy B.

Reaction score
I'm glad you survived it. Thumbs up.
You dodged more than a bullet, you dodged a cannon ball.
You must have never smoked.

They're still stacking the bodies on top each other at the LA County Morgue.
I exited at Mission east and the hearses were single file to the off ramp.

This virus isn't a we faked the moon landing tale.

No one is saying its fake just a lot of deaths could have been avoid with early treatment that was said to be snake oil.
A lot of people died for an agenda early treatment could have saved thousands. Yes it is a nasty virus made worse by the media and greed....

A lot of doctors lost credibility when they used and talked about these treatments that were approved right after inauguration by the AMA. The media crucified them along with government officials said really...

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Very sorry to anyone who has lost friends or family thru this.
Its so confusing what people should or shouldn't do once they know they have it. 15 Family/friends in Pennsylvania had it around Christmas, family doctor told ALL of them to exercise as hard as you possibly can each day & each of them got thru it with very little issues and all said it was like a bad hangover for them. Ages 24-68 with various health conditions. None of them went to hospital and all feel very close to 100% if not fully recovered 100%
I'm nowhere close to a Dr and we have not had it, yet.
Good luck everyone

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Symptoms started on January 22nd, I finally went in for a test and was positive a week ago yesterday. So I am on day 15. This thing has been no joke, obviously didnt kill me but kicked my ass and basically still is. Spent 5 straight days in bed watching Netflix. I am back to my home office now but still hanging around 75%. Cant get back to 100%. I fatigue easy and if I try to do too much in a day it comes back at you the next day as if "I told you so". Most people I have talked to in my age bracket (56) have said its the better part of three weeks before you will put it completely behind you. Never lost taste or smell which seems odd compared to everyone else.

Good times.
It took me a full 8 weeks to feel like I "shook it" 100%. The main symptoms (fever, aches, cold sweats an night) were gone after 2 weeks but the feeling of absolute fatigue and that dry cough hung around forever. One night, around 8 weeks after initial onset, I woke up in a puddle of sweat and was like "really....again ?!?!?" - and then it was gone 100% and I felt great. Wierd shit.......

The headaches i got that hung around for 2 months were the worst part for me, other than the fatigue

Hang in there

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
No one is saying its fake just a lot of deaths could have been avoid with early treatment that was said to be snake oil.
A lot of people died for an agenda early treatment could have saved thousands. Yes it is a nasty virus made worse by the media and greed....

A lot of doctors lost credibility when they used and talked about these treatments that were approved right after inauguration by the AMA. The media crucified them along with government officials said really...
OHV forums full of flat earthers claiming hoax.

Taboma

Reaction score
How can there be consequences for so many conflicting actions still being widely contested and debated.
This expert claims this, another claims another thing, more than half of RDP members are afraid of the vaccine, well more than half think COVID-19 is no worse than a cold.

Masks work, they don't work, HCQ is the miracle cure, except now it's more of a "Well might as well, it might help" attitude. Then there's several others, that Iver --- something the Japanese came up with, contest what, mass confusion.

Who the fuck is even near first, let alone on it ??

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Hit the vitamins C, D and Zinc HARD. Also sit outside for bit. That made us feel way better for some reason. Wife had the vid hangover a little longer than I did for some reason.

This is the key to minimizing symptoms and prevention. Get quercetin with zinc. It's a natural multi vitamin. Everyone I know that got Rona and took quercetin only had mild symptoms a few days. Guys in mid 50s got over it quick with this vitamin. I take it daily. No rona so far.

C-2

Reaction score
This is the key to minimizing symptoms and prevention. Get quercetin with zinc. It's a natural multi vitamin. Everyone I know that got Rona and took quercetin only had mild symptoms a few days. Guys in mid 50s got over it quick with this vitamin. I take it daily. No rona so far.

I've always taken supplements/vitamins but like you, have turbo charged the immune boosters.

--------

We live around the corner from a cemetery and they have 3 refrigerated cargo containers set up. On the weekend there are so many people there it looks like an amusement park. The flower sellers are standing at every corner leading up to cemetery, heck, we saw cars in line to buy flowers from them.

Within the past two weeks, 3 friends had one parent die from Covid and we personally knew 2 of them. That makes 7 people we knew personally who died from it, notwithstanding friends, distant friends and relatives. F* this thing. Fingers crossed on receiving the second shot.

Singleton

Reaction score
How come there’s no talk in any media source about who is responsible and any consequences to be levied ??

Because the WHO just stopped their investigation and will not continue.
Hell China media is saying again the US did this and the current admin is saying nothing!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My doctor friend at Kaiser told me if you ride it out, you'll probably be ok.

BUT....

If you start having ANY trouble breathing, get to the hospital RIGHT AWAY.

When people wait, that's when it goes south for them.

Just passing along what I was told...

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I've always taken supplements/vitamins but like you, have turbo charged the immune boosters.

--------

We live around the corner from a cemetery and they have 3 refrigerated cargo containers set up. On the weekend there are so many people there it looks like an amusement park. The flower sellers are standing at every corner leading up to cemetery, heck, we saw cars in line to buy flowers from them.

Within the past two weeks, 3 friends had one parent die from Covid and we personally knew 2 of them. That makes 7 people we knew personally who died from it, notwithstanding friends, distant friends and relatives. F* this thing. Fingers crossed on receiving the second shot.

That's sad, yes the china virus does hit a certain segment of the population hard. We were finally able to get 86 year old mother in law her first shot and father in law next week. The distribution has been ridiculously poor. The vitamins wont prevent it but much like the flu if you boost your immune systems response then it will help minimize the affect of the virus.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score

--------

Yes, I too have had some personal friends be affected tremendously by this crap. Two buddies father's just passed two weeks ago. Both in their 70's. And then last week, one of my father's best friends (he's in his early 60's, thin, but has diabetes) and his brother in law (early 50's, athlete an healthy). My father's friend is still in a coma on a ventilator, but the Dr. called the GF and told her to start preparing for services. My father and I were supposed to meet both these guys in Quartzite in January, but that is when shit starting popping off so I told my dad we should stay put. He did not like that, but had no choice as he was staying with me. Both the mentioned friends came home early from quartzite and the one has passed, and barring a miracle, the other one will.

I was a big, oh its the flu and we'll all survive. When it hits close, it really makes you think. I have since got my mother and father both their first shot and i'm due to get my second shot soon.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I am home from work for a 2nd day, I feel like crap. Similar symptoms as most here but my China Virus saliva test came back negative.

I have upped my vitamin intake including Zinc, C and Quercetin. Forced myself to walk the dogs yesterday in order to get outside a bit. I am thinking about taking another test but not sure if that does anything for me at this point.

Ladsm

Reaction score
Glad your better Walt. I had the exact same symptoms beginning of January. Never lost my taste or smell, zero energy, Chills and aches, annoying cough. No breathing issues, not fever. My wife is a cancer survivor and never caught it from me. I drank Pedialyte with Zinc, vitamin C&D and protein in the morning to give my body some fuel but want hungry.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Unfortunately if you are put on a ventilator its not good. My wife is a nurse and she was saying only about 10% of the people make it once that happens.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Unfortunately if you are put on a ventilator its not good. My wife is a nurse and she was saying only about 10% of the people make it once that happens.

I did read back through, but I hope you’re feeling better Walt.

I got lucky, had a headache for a few days and lost taste and smell. That was about it for me. It ran through just about everyone I know at the River.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I am home from work for a 2nd day, I feel like crap. Similar symptoms as most here but my China Virus saliva test came back negative.

I have upped my vitamin intake including Zinc, C and Quercetin. Forced myself to walk the dogs yesterday in order to get outside a bit. I am thinking about taking another test but not sure if that does anything for me at this point.

Hope you get better and it’s a mild case bud. I wouldn’t hesitate taking another test in case the first was a false negative.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I did read back through, but I hope you’re feeling better Walt.

I got lucky, had a headache for a few days and lost taste and smell. That was about it for me. It ran through just about everyone I know at the River.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah Im good to go, got out in the boat this weekend. It was 22 days start to finish, of which 5 were in bed.

Reactions: TPC

just_floatin

Reaction score
Because the WHO just stopped their investigation and will not continue.
Hell China media is saying again the US did this and the current admin is saying nothing!
Well there is this 👇🏽
B1FC751B-E977-465A-892B-5877828F553D.jpeg

Reactions: DWC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
My doctor friend at Kaiser told me if you ride it out, you'll probably be ok.

BUT....

If you start having ANY trouble breathing, get to the hospital RIGHT AWAY.

When people wait, that's when it goes south for them.

Just passing along what I was told...
Ya got 8 to 12 hours as the blood blisters form on the inside linings of the lungs and one suffocates.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Hope you get better and it’s a mild case bud. I wouldn’t hesitate taking another test in case the first was a false negative.

Nasal swab today, negative again. Feel a little better but besides not having a fever, symptoms are all the same.

Just going to work from home until symptoms go away.

Spoke to my neighbor across the street, family of 5 with teenagers. They have been in quarantine for over 3 weeks as it ran through the house, dad has pneumonia. She never tested positive for it until her symptoms were gone and then tested negative once and tested positive after. It is a shit show.

I will just act like I have it until I feel better. Luckily I can work from home when necessary.

#chinavirussux