WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

River Lodge Resort for the summer

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
We were planning on keeping our 44 foot fifth wheel at the river this year. We will be staying May 1 to October 1 and would like to be on the California side as we have family that have homes on that side of the river.

We really liked Sundance Resort but they are booked. And these two meet out needs with launching our boat and having three small kids.

Does anyone have any experience at either one of these resorts?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Have friends at both. Riverlodge offers a monthly rate for waterfront. Was $330 if I recall. Big bend only offers monthly for winter and nightly for summer.

mobldj

Reaction score
river lodge owner here also.better rv spots are on north end of park.nice smaller island creates cool place for kids to play just offshore

NicPaus

Reaction score
The food has gone to shit recently. Last few times I ate there was terrible. My buddy went Thanksgiving and it was $105 for 2 medium pizzas a order of wings and a order of chicken strips. None of it was good. He would of been much better off with Dominos from town. Large 5 topping for $13.99 and I got one a month ago was damn good.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Have friends at both. Riverlodge offers a monthly rate for waterfront. Was $330 if I recall. Big bend only offers monthly for winter and nightly for summer.

Big Bend gave me a monthly rate of $499 plus electricity.

Other parks are quite a bit less.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Big Bend gave me a monthly rate of $499 plus electricity.

Other parks are quite a bit less.
That's not bad. I had a friend get the same at Echo which is same owner. The desk lady screwed up and after 2 days manager stopped by and told her She had to leave. Monthly is only for winter.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Happy to say we have locked in spot #5 on the north beach at River Lodge Resort for the entire summer.

We have always stayed at hotels or rented houses when going to the river. It will be nice to have our own place when we go out. Anyone that stays there is more then welcome to come by for a beer.

Here is our trailer and boat.

Hope to meet some fellow members.

IMG_0182.jpg

5CB8BF75-AC00-47DD-A729-76BB3F6A19C2.jpg

Andy B.

Reaction score
Happy to say we have locked in spot #5 on the north beach at River Lodge Resort for the entire summer.

We have always stayed at hotels or rented houses when going to the river. It will be nice to have our own place when we go out. Anyone that stays there is more then welcome to come by for a beer.

View attachment 971087
View attachment 971088

House on wheels very nice set up enjoy your summer!

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
A few things we have done to make the summer more comfortable in a 5th wheel are:

call sudden link for WiFi, makes life easier than driving up to the roads to get work calls etc.

A WiFi enabled window ac unit is temporarily installed so we can set the temp when we leave Socal and have trailer cool when we arrive. That is in addition to the two roof mounted ac.

ez up with patio furniture out front for entertaining.

You’re Gonna have a fun summer!

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score

View attachment 971087
View attachment 971088
How much a month?

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
A few things we have done to make the summer more comfortable in a 5th wheel are:

call sudden link for WiFi, makes life easier than driving up to the roads to get work calls etc.

A WiFi enabled window ac unit is temporarily installed so we can set the temp when we leave Socal and have trailer cool when we arrive. That is in addition to the two roof mounted ac.

ez up with patio furniture out front for entertaining.

You’re Gonna have a fun summer!

Thank you for the tips. I was going to do some research on what everyone does when they leave a trailer set up for months at a time.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Best deal on the river.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The food has gone to shit recently. Last few times I ate there was terrible. My buddy went Thanksgiving and it was $105 for 2 medium pizzas a order of wings and a order of chicken strips. None of it was good. He would of been much better off with Dominos from town. Large 5 topping for $13.99 and I got one a month ago was damn good.

NEVER order a large pizza at BB. No clue why, but they just don't cook the same!

Always order the medium size. Those are perfect every time.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
10 minutes to town.
Worth the trip.

NicPaus

Reaction score
10 minutes to town.
Worth the trip.
They will deliver to Emerald. Order from Echo and meet them there. Saves some time driving into town.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Thank you for the tips. I was going to do some research on what everyone does when they leave a trailer set up for months at a time.

We leave ours for 7-8 months at a time. What we have found to be useful:

-Tint all of the windows.

-Bubble wrap windows you don't use much.

-The wifi air conditioner is neat as we keep it running at 85 degrees all of the time (takes less power to run than the roof ac units) which keeps the interior of the coach from melting. then when we head out we set it to 70 and when we get there we turn the rest of the roof units on. This set up works amazing.

-Wifi is a must if your cell phone reception over there is spotty (wifi calling). If you get decent signal, look into a cell site booster.

-Do you have a residential fridge or propane/electric deal? If propane electric deal, is the fridge on a wall or center to the trailer? If centered to the trailer you won't have to worry about heat but if the fridge is on an outside wall you may want to augment the vent with computer fans to keep everything cool.

Feel free to bounce any ideas of me. We have left trailers out there for the past 7 years and have made small improvements every year.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Welcome . North beach can be interesting at times with all the daily rentals and people seam to think they have permanent ownership of the marina . We are just down river in the park . I will come by and say high this summer . Great looking rig

mobldj

Reaction score
Welcome . North beach can be interesting at times with all the daily rentals and people seam to think they have permanent ownership of the marina . We are just down river in the park . I will come by and say high this summer . Great looking rig
and im just north of you in the tinyhouse with the american flag on a 30 ft flagpole.welcome.
calendar pic 2.jpg

Last edited:

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
We leave ours for 7-8 months at a time. What we have found to be useful:

-Tint all of the windows.

-Bubble wrap windows you don't use much.

-The wifi air conditioner is neat as we keep it running at 85 degrees all of the time (takes less power to run than the roof ac units) which keeps the interior of the coach from melting. then when we head out we set it to 70 and when we get there we turn the rest of the roof units on. This set up works amazing.

-Wifi is a must if your cell phone reception over there is spotty (wifi calling). If you get decent signal, look into a cell site booster.

-Do you have a residential fridge or propane/electric deal? If propane electric deal, is the fridge on a wall or center to the trailer? If centered to the trailer you won't have to worry about heat but if the fridge is on an outside wall you may want to augment the vent with computer fans to keep everything cool.

Feel free to bounce any ideas of me. We have left trailers out there for the past 7 years and have made small improvements every year.

All great tips. I have bubble wrap on the back section of the trailer and will get some more for the others. I will also look into the AC unit. We do have a electric/propane fridge that is in the pop out.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
All great tips. I have bubble wrap on the back section of the trailer and will get some more for the others. I will also look into the AC unit. We do have a electric/propane fridge that is in the pop out.

For the fridge in the slide out see below link. This may help your program.

Also, jack stands for the slide out help keep rocking to a minimum. However be careful to just use them as support (barely touching the slide frame) as in newer 5th wheels the weight of the slide keeps the slide pointed down a bit which makes the slide out seal to the coach.

KK12

Reaction score
View attachment 998483
View attachment 998484
Over the weekend I dropped the trailer and hooked up power and water. Next weekend I will set up the outside and bring the golf cart up. Then we should be set up for the summer.

Looks good man! I just reserved a spot there starting in July to sept. I was glad to see this post and will definitely be doing some of the tips pkrrvr619 and others have mentioned.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Looks good man! I just reserved a spot there starting in July to sept. I was glad to see this post and will definitely be doing some of the tips pkrrvr619 and others have mentioned.

Which spot did you reserve? I am on North Beach 7 but am on the waiting list to try and move to the West Beach.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Look forward to it. We will be leaving Friday morning and heading up.

KK12

Reaction score
Which spot did you reserve? I am on North Beach 7 but am on the waiting list to try and move to the West Beach.

I have spot 34 reserved in July. It’s just west of the point. I’ve never been there or even to Parker, so we’ll see how it goes. This will be my family’s first summer having a spot out at the river and with a boat. It’s going to be a learning experience this year haha. We are definitely excited. It’s nice to have something to look forward to after desert season

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have spot 34 reserved in July. It’s just west of the point. I’ve never been there or even to Parker, so we’ll see how it goes. This will be my family’s first summer having a spot out at the river and with a boat. It’s going to be a learning experience this year haha. We are definitely excited. It’s nice to have something to look forward to after desert season

Brave! lol

Make sure you head out on the river with someone that knows it the first time. You NEED to know where the shallow spots are once you are north of RoadRunner. Below it's pretty wide open.

There is a legal riding/staging area, right across from Big Bend. It's small, but fun. :)

Stay home on the holiday weekends and you should be fine. Mid week is heaven. And remember....

Parker is closed.

20210427_120925.jpg

KK12

Reaction score
Brave! lol

Make sure you head out on the river with someone that knows it the first time. You NEED to know where the shallow spots are once you are north of RoadRunner. Below it's pretty wide open.

There is a legal riding/staging area, right across from Big Bend. It's small, but fun. :)

Stay home on the holiday weekends and you should be fine. Mid week is heaven. And remember....

Parker is closed.

View attachment 998786

Yep! Haha That’s one of the reasons I joined this site...try and learn as much as possible so I’m not “that guy”. My buddies from work all go to Parker so for the most part I won’t be alone out there.

I avoid the desert on big weekends as well.
I appreciate the advice man!

I’ll be asking some FNG questions along the way haha

grumpy88

Reaction score
Yep! Haha That’s one of the reasons I joined this site...try and learn as much as possible so I’m not “that guy”. My buddies from work all go to Parker so for the most part I won’t be alone out there.

I avoid the desert on big weekends as well.
I appreciate the advice man!

I’ll be asking some FNG questions along the way haha
I stay there . I have been going to parker for almost 30 years . If you have any questions feel free to ask . See you this summer for a beer at least

KK12

Reaction score
I stay there . I have been going to parker for almost 30 years . If you have any questions feel free to ask . See you this summer for a beer at least

Awesome, I appreciate that 🍻

KK12

Reaction score
The price per Kilowatt is a monthly car payment, in summertimes. I would highly suggest upgrading your solar on your set up and or convert to a mini split on the big house on wheels.

My 2017 attitude 28ibg only came with 1 ac which was no big deal for the desert. But each trip I’ve made to Blythe in the summer has me wishing I would of got an additional one. I do have solar set up. Pkrrvr619 mentioned a WiFi ac window unit, is the mini split different? I’m definitely going to get something to help keep it cool. I’ll research mini split. Already planning on getting a WiFi booster or whatever is needed to turn on the ac when I leave Temecula.

grumpy88

Reaction score
The price per Kilowatt is a monthly car payment, in summertimes. I would highly suggest upgrading your solar on your set up and or convert to a mini split on the big house on wheels.
Thats no joke . It went to almost .30 cents a kilowatt last year . It was a hot summer the electric bill was crazy for a few months

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
I have three units on my trailer and they are the newer efficient versions. I will leave the thermostat at 90 degrees when away. I put insulation in every window and skylights which help a lot. I am also looking into a WiFi AC unit but I do not want to remove a window from the trailer.

We shall see how pricey it gets in the hotter months

KK12

Reaction score
I have three units on my trailer and they are the newer efficient versions. I will leave the thermostat at 90 degrees when away. I put insulation in every window and skylights which help a lot. I am also looking into a WiFi AC unit but I do not want to remove a window from the trailer.

I’d think you would be golden with 3 units. Even at 90 the units would be running all the time I would imagine. I’ve heard a bunch of people say they keep theirs at 90 when they aren’t there. Is that just to keep the trailer from getting too hot?

I’ll be doing the window unit or the mini split. Still lots to prepare for haha

Singleton

Reaction score
I’d think you would be golden with 3 units. Even at 90 the units would be running all the time I would imagine. I’ve heard a bunch of people say they keep theirs at 90 when they aren’t there. Is that just to keep the trailer from getting too hot?

I have 3 AC’s on my ToyHauler in Havasu. Two wired into trailer and a third that plugs directly into the 30amp on the pedestal. The 2 wired into the trailer are 13.5k units that only go up to 85 - I leave those on 24/7 but leave the fan on low to avoid the cycling when we are away. The 15k unit (wired direct to pedestal), is set on auto and 90. I will upgrade the 13.5k to 15k when that time comes (at least one of them is acting up and only has a few years left). Also have 2 large dyson fans to move air around when we are out in Havasu.

So far trailer has stayed under 85 during the day based on the wifi temp gauge we have inside and outside trailer.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
I have 3 AC’s on my ToyHauler in Havasu. Two wired into trailer and a third that plugs directly into the 30amp on the pedestal. The 2 wired into the trailer are 13.5k units that only go up to 85 - I leave those on 24/7 but leave the fan on low to avoid the cycling when we are away. The 15k unit (wired direct to pedestal), is set on auto and 90. I will upgrade the 13.5k to 15k when that time comes (at least one of them is acting up and only has a few years left). Also have 2 large dyson fans to move air around when we are out in Havasu.

So far trailer has stayed under 85 during the day based on the wifi temp gauge we have inside and outside trailer.

Dumb question but why would you not want the AC’s to cycle? Less wear and tear?

BIG MIKE

Reaction score

It also helps to put 5 gallon buckets of water inside as it will add a bit of moisture and keep the trailer from drying out.

Socalx09

Reaction score
My mom has been interested in getting a place in Parker for a few years, but everything recently is out of her price range. She wants her own place to go and relax on the beach.

I mentioned to her about getting a small trailer and renting a spot during the summer months. She is very interested in this. I noticed you guys mentioning plus the cost of electricity. What does that cost normally monthly? If you reserve a spot monthly, can you keep your trailer there the entire time even if you aren’t there?

sorry for thread jacking!

KK12

Reaction score
This will be my first summer there so I’m not sure how much the electricity bill will be. But it’s $360 for the spot per month. That includes keeping the trailer there plus a boat. Or you can store a trailer there for $50/month and just pay for a spot whatever weekend she goes. But if she goes a lot the $360 isn’t a bad price for the convenience factor of not moving and setup/take down each time.

The other guys with more experience can chime in but that’s the jist of it for river lodge. It’s not a bad price and still had openings as of a few weeks ago. Hope that helps.

Singleton

Reaction score
Depends on location.
I pay apx 600 a month at the Islander. The spot is mine April through October.
power runs apx $150 a month with 3 AC’s running 24/7 plus a refrig and freezer

KK12

Reaction score
$150 is not bad! I’ve only got the 1 ac but I’ll be adding either a window unit or splitter. Glad to hear it’s not too much.

grumpy88

Reaction score

My mom has been interested in getting a place in Parker for a few years, but everything recently is out of her price range. She wants her own place to go and relax on the beach.

I mentioned to her about getting a small trailer and renting a spot during the summer months. She is very interested in this. I noticed you guys mentioning plus the cost of electricity. What does that cost normally monthly? If you reserve a spot monthly, can you keep your trailer there the entire time even if you aren’t there?

sorry for thread jacking!
I have been staying at river lodge since 2007 . We started in our toy hauler . Yes you can book monthly and leave your stuff set up . Prices on the spaces varies depending on location . Monthly spots pay electric on top of the space rent . Right now i think its .27 a kilowatt . Last year we had a few pricey months but it was a hot summer . The park is changing but we have made life long friends there . There is no bar so it stays quieter then alot of parks . If you have any questions feel free to ask .