WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NASCAR

playdeep

Reaction score
There is no kneeling or any of that stuff with nascar. Just the little bit with Bubba then nothing else.
More than a little bit with Bubba Smollett...
The fake noose incident that he created.
He was the one primarily responsible for confederate flags being banned.

You ever listen to his interviews?

I guarantee that NAPCAR fixes a race for him to win this year...

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
Can’t wait for Nascar to start. I’m sad There’s no Fontana race this year. Got my campsite spot and tickets for the Championship race in Phoenix in November

77charger

Reaction score

Won’t surprise me funny he had no issues before with flag til last year. Guess when you suck at driving your contract is up you gotta beg for attention.
I lost respect for him the year before when he tossed his water bottle at bowman while receiving medical aid a cheap ass move. Last year he just became a whiny bitch knowing his career was fading then uses the race card.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
This is my take on Wallace, he will get all of this year behind the wheel no matter what. Starting next year with Hamlin and Jordan he better start producing, the years of riding around without results are coming to a end. This is the best equipment he’s ever been in. Hamlin has a lot of pull with the alliance with JGR. I think MJ is a shitty owner in the NBA, but in NASCAR sponsors won’t put up with it for very long. He is a decent plate racer but we shall see. I didn’t care for his bullshit at all last year.

Hydroman55

Reaction score

This is what I’m saying and it’s only going to get worse.
NASCAR is going in the direction of demographics that will only quicken their demise.
A big POS such a shame another institution of America toasted.

Ricks raft

Reaction score

He didn’t see it. He didn’t report it. The only comment that bothered me was after they found “ the noose” had been there for some time, he sad well somebody tied it at some time. Besides rodeo NASCAR is certainly the most patriotic sport at this time. After that incident they had 1 person kneel and he was a vet.
And the racing is the best it’s ever been.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
What a great race!! Seeing the excitement my 5 year old had when Kyle Busch won, makes me forget about any of the stupid politics.

Remember guys, there are still innocent kids out there love this stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My 10yo is a huge KB fan, those last few laps he was screaming for CE and RB to take each other out....he then did about 5 victory laps around the living room when it actually happened and KB won.

sprintcvx

Reaction score
I missed the race last night but plan on watching the 500 Sunday. I didn't watch at all last year after the noose incident and for the first time I can remember didn't watch any football or the super bowl. I'll give it a shot on Sunday and see how things go as far as the BLM bullshit.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Won’t surprise me funny he had no issues before with flag til last year. Guess when you suck at driving your contract is up you gotta beg for attention.
I lost respect for him the year before when he tossed his water bottle at bowman while receiving medical aid a cheap ass move. Last year he just became a whiny bitch knowing his career was fading then uses the race card.

I don't like Wallace cause he is a crybaby, but that statement about the flag is not true, he had been part of the campaign to get the flag removed for quite a while, but Nascar never listened until 2020 when we were ALL forced to listen....he just took advantage of "woke" America.

Reactions: DWC

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I missed the race last night but plan on watching the 500 Sunday. I didn't watch at all last year after the noose incident and for the first time I can remember didn't watch any football or the super bowl. I'll give it a shot on Sunday and see how things go as far as the BLM bullshit.

I will say that I stopped watching races after all that as well, but my son is a huge fan, so we started tuning back in around playoff time, and I was glad to see that for the most part they stopped with all that...

CLdrinker

Reaction score
He didn’t see it. He didn’t report it. The only comment that bothered me was after they found “ the noose” had been there for some time, he sad well somebody tied it at some time. Besides rodeo NASCAR is certainly the most patriotic sport at this time. After that incident they had 1 person kneel and he was a vet.
And the racing is the best it’s ever been.
Racing is the best it’s ever been? You got to be kidding.

Shit is boring as ever.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
This is my take on Wallace, he will get all of this year behind the wheel no matter what. Starting next year with Hamlin and Jordan he better start producing, the years of riding around without results are coming to a end. This is the best equipment he’s ever been in. Hamlin has a lot of pull with the alliance with JGR. I think MJ is a shitty owner in the NBA, but in NASCAR sponsors won’t put up with it for very long. He is a decent plate racer but we shall see. I didn’t care for his bullshit at all last year.
My take exactly. I was a Bubba fan until last year. His relationship with Blaney and Elliott was cool. His drum videos were cool. He f'd all that up. Wasted all of his good vibes. Set it all back, not forward.

77charger

Reaction score
My take exactly. I was a Bubba fan until last year. His relationship with Blaney and Elliott was cool. His drum videos were cool. He f'd all that up. Wasted all of his good vibes. Set it all back, not forward.
Was never a fan of his but he wasnt a hated one til i began to see the way he whined and complained then blame it on depression he has.Then when he goes after a driver getting medical attention i lost all respect for him like i said earlier then he makes it worse starting to use the race card etc,His true colors were getting noticed.He did use it to his advantage got him a new ride that should have great funding but he will still be a mid pack driver at best may have a race where he may run up front but many new drivers with way more talent than he has.

Im sure as his contract winds down and his performance hasnt shown anything he will again pull the race card and we all know if this new deal for him didnt happen or anyone else signed him and was let go by petty he would be claiming it was racist move,etc

77 SLEEK

Reaction score

Staff Report NASCAR.com February 10, 2021 at 1:02 PM: "Bubba Wallace topped the leaderboard in Wednesday afternoon’s first NASCAR Cup Series practice for the 2021 Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway.

Wallace turned his first laps in the new No. 23 Toyota for 23XI Racing, posting a fastest time of 45.057 seconds at 199.747 mph. Toyota linked up early to practice drafting in the 50-minute session to take the top-five fastest positions between 23XI Racing and Joe Gibbs Racing."

You sure called that one.

rrrr

Reaction score
Staff Report NASCAR.com February 10, 2021 at 1:02 PM: "Bubba Wallace topped the leaderboard in Wednesday afternoon’s first NASCAR Cup Series practice for the 2021 Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway.

Wallace turned his first laps in the new No. 23 Toyota for 23XI Racing, posting a fastest time of 45.057 seconds at 199.747 mph. Toyota linked up early to practice drafting in the 50-minute session to take the top-five fastest positions between 23XI Racing and Joe Gibbs Racing."

As if being the lead in a practice five car draft at Daytona means anything. If any of the other JGR drivers had been at the front, they would have been fastest.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
The Duels are tomorrow (Thursday). 4pm PST and 5pm AZ.

I think they should change the Daytona 500 up. Make it 5 laps on the oval, then 5 laps on the road course and do that for 500 miles. Ovals are boring as shit. Look at Bristol, that was the crown jewel of short track anger-fest and they f'd that all up by changing the track and now they couldn't sell out the stadium even if they had naked women for drivers. Put it the fuck back the way it was.

Nope they can't do that, now Bristol is dirt this year. Come again? I don't mind Eldora for a truck race, trucks are supposed to be on dirt, but cars at Bristol on dirt? I'll watch it, but I'd be shocked if its exciting.

playdeep

Reaction score
It's funny how fast Nascar acquiesced and reinstated Kyle Larson After they realized more people were cognizant of his exploits on local dirt tracks than who was winning in the their cup series...
Hope he kicks ass for Hendricks.(especially Bubba Smollett's)

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score

If he stays up there he will probably crash out the top of the field.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Racing is the best it’s ever been? You got to be kidding.

Shit is boring as ever.

the racing is closer and more passing than it’s ever been. In the old days they would ride around to save equipment now it’s 100% all race. Petty, Waltrip, many others have said It. Old races would often only have a few cars on the lead lap many would finish multiple laps down. I’ve only been watching for 30 years but have watched a lot of old races and history, but yes the racing is the most competitive it’s ever been.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
As if being the lead in a practice five car draft at Daytona means anything. If any of the other JGR drivers had been at the front, they would have been fastest.

it’s practice. Means nothing, but actually he was fastest because he was the last car in that five car draft.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
the racing is closer and more passing than it’s ever been. In the old days they would ride around to save equipment now it’s 100% all race. Petty, Waltrip, many others have said It. Old races would often only have a few cars on the lead lap many would finish multiple laps down. I’ve only been watching for 30 years but have watched a lot of old races and history, but yes the racing is the most competitive it’s ever been.
I don’t watch any more but I have been watching since I was a little kid. Racing was much better when the cars actually looked like stock cars and you could actually buy the cars with RWD and a V8.
Let’s be honest it’s becoming more SPEC CAR racing than STOCK CAR racing.

Racing now is 180mph traffic jam. It was much better when a guy could drive through the pack or battle from a lap down.
Now it’s fuel strategy and working with your teammates and buddies in the draft.

Just run 10lap races that’s the only good part left.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Well Hendrick is 1-2, lets see if the Chevy's can run in race trim.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
I don’t watch any more but I have been watching since I was a little kid. Racing was much better when the cars actually looked like stock cars and you could actually buy the cars with RWD and a V8.

Racing now is 180mph traffic jam. It was much better when a guy could drive through the pack or battle from a lap down.
Now it’s fuel strategy and working with your teammates and buddies in the draft.

Some valid points. But too many people died racing “stock” cars. And I don’t want to be in stock Supra doinig 180 around 40 other cars.
the draft thing is only on super speedways. In the clash Truex passed every car last to first twice before losing it from mud on the track, so yeah a lot of passing going on.
And the “10 lap exciting part”, that’s why we have stage racing now.

Badchoices03

Reaction score

Did you watch the Clash? Truex drove through the entire field TWICE to lead the race.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Did you watch the Clash? Truex drove through the entire field TWICE to lead the race.
I stoped being able to stay awake during the races a few years ago. I would watch periodically but after the Bubba bullshit. NASCAR can fuck right off.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
The 500. So glad I had it recording and didn’t have to sit through the first 10 minutes of MJ and Bubba. But I digress. [emoji106] Here’s to few wrecks [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groper

Reaction score
Bhahahaha there go's about 16 cars out with the first wreak :D

Last edited:

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
They had a whole segment with Kyle saying he was sorry, sitting across from a black guy who is probably more racist.

76sanger

Reaction score
They had a whole segment with Kyle saying he was sorry, sitting across from a black guy who is probably more racist.
I see, sorry about that then. I just missed it. Until all the blacks stop using the word which is a racist word no matter what color you are. I dont see any reason for Kyle to say sorry. But we know why "he has to" to get back into nascar.

76sanger

Reaction score
Damn all the Nascar guys are sucking the BBC of Jordan and homo Obubba.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Said I would never watch again... I must confess moments ago turned on Daytona for a second. Just as already guessed, Pitbull is giving an interview and says this is an opportunity for learning about the Latino culture.
Shut the fuck up, how about learning the American culture that made you so fucking successful and rich?
I kinda always liked Pitbull and his music, why must he talk this trash?
So now no NASCAR plus Pitbull.