WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I started with coinbase but they don't have some of the ones I want. I'm going to try Gemini.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Dipping my toes back into Disney.
Slowly. 10shares. They had a quick run up to 190 now backing down a bit.
Stock should jump up when they reopen the theme parks.
Just need covid to go away lol
I sold Disney a few months ago. I am just not understanding the rise. I know Disney+ has done well, but I'm just leary that movies and the theme parks will be back to normal anytime soon.

I just got back into Boeing after taking the losses last year. We'll see how that works out.

Xring01

Reaction score
BA to the moon!! 💎 Hands!!
Here is the BA Chart..
It broke above the 200MA, as I was hoping.... But now it needs to hold this area... We dont want it below $215.50 ish...
Because then it could sell off down to $205 ish...

As long as it holds above, then we can start pushing back up to the $240 area..... Its gonna take some time, but it been performing as I wanted for a swing trade.
1612894858483.png

Now that I look at it... BA is doing better than AAPL in my swing trades... based on the time frames... Didnt expect that all????
Now I am questioning my AAPL position, why isn't it performing? Makes little sense???? Gotta dig into this further.

I will regret this.... I am taking some profits on NIO... not selling all, but selling some... I am up over 10%... on the trade..
It ran up 4.5% today alone... last time it did this, it retreated back next few days... Take profits of say 25%-50%, let the rest run hopefully to the 52 week high area...

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Robinhood makes it pretty easy if you aren't boycotting RH like a lot of people are.

Problem with RH and buying crypto is that RH isn't a crypto wallet, so if you wanted to move holdings from there into an interest bearing wallet, like BlockFI, you have to sell your positions, then wire into an actual wallet and re buy. I would advise to NOT use RH for crypto unless you are day trading it.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Here is the BA Chart..
It broke above the 200MA, as I was hoping.... But now it needs to hold this area... We dont want it below $215.50 ish...
Because then it could sell off down to $205 ish...

As long as it holds above, then we can start pushing back up to the $240 area..... Its gonna take some time, but it been performing as I wanted for a swing trade.
View attachment 971152

Now that I look at it... BA is doing better than AAPL in my swing trades... based on the time frames... Didnt expect that all????
Now I am questioning my AAPL position, why isn't it performing? Makes little sense???? Gotta dig into this further.

I will regret this.... I am taking some profits on NIO... not selling all, but selling some... I am up over 10%... on the trade..
It ran up 4.5% today alone... last time it did this, it retreated back next few days... Take profits of say 25%, let the rest run hopefully to the 52 week high area...

I read that Hyundai and Apple aren’t coming to terms about a deal to build the rumored Apple car.
Seems it has stalled out since.

Call me crazy but if Apple produces a car the stock will skyrocket.
I have increased my position to 81 shares at an average cost of $131. Which is not great. But I will be holding Apple for a very long time.
If this car deal goes through a couple hundred will be a mere bump in the road.

Xring01

Reaction score
DIS
Its not a swing trade at all IMHO...
Yes, it can be a long term buy and hold all day... I would expect a pull back to $175 area on any down day in the market...

Its currently trading near a high, its over extended above the 50/200MAs, with a higher RSI....

Food for thought..... Again... this is just my opinion.

1612896301845.png

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don’t have enough money to play with the big boys yet but I’m hoping if this year goes ok next year I can get into the big boy ring

CLdrinker

Reaction score
DIS
Its not a swing trade at all IMHO...
Yes, it can be a long term buy and hold all day... I would expect a pull back to $175 area on any down day in the market...

Its currently trading near a high, its over extended above the 50/200MAs, with a higher RSI....

Food for thought..... Again... this is just my opinion.

View attachment 971157
As you know I’m more of a long term guy. But I do look for opportunities to sell a bit high and then buy back later at a bit lower price if I can.

I am leaving some cash available to buy more DIS if it drops down.

I was considering selling some BA at 216 anticipating it would pull back down to around 212ish. But since I’m long I can’t reason to mess with it much unless I read bad news.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What do you guys think about sndl? It’s moving towards the 52 week high. I don’t want to be greedy either though

Xring01

Reaction score
What do you guys think about sndl? It’s moving towards the 52 week high. I don’t want to be greedy either though
Be very careful with SNDL..
I was trading the crap out of when it was 60 cents...
There are regulatory aspects thats being taken advantage of by day traders... ask me how I know...
Research the news on the aspects of them almost being delisted, which brought up the discussions of reverse splits...to prevent this.
And they are always selling more shares (which means de valueing the current base) to generate cashflow to keep the business running...

Its a day traders dream, but its not something I would recommend anyone holding overnight. A buddy of mine makes more money shorting the peaks of SNDL, than any one I know. Honestly... its a sector play on weed, thats a super cheap stock, but that doesnt mean that at these levels it not over valued for what it produces in revenue, and more importantly PROFITS.

Take that info and use it wisely....

IF your day trader... trade on.... if not... stay far far away, because it can do exactly GME and AMC did, drop 50-75% in a hurry....

hallett21

Reaction score
OPEN looking good after hours. Would love to watch it blow wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmo83

Reaction score
Be very careful with SNDL..
I was trading the crap out of when it was 60 cents...
There are regulatory aspects thats being taken advantage of by day traders... ask me how I know...
Research the news on the aspects of them almost being delisted, which brought up the discussions of reverse splits...to prevent this.
And they are always selling more shares (which means de valueing the current base) to generate cashflow to keep the business running...

Its a day traders dream, but its not something I would recommend anyone holding overnight. A buddy of mine makes more money shorting the peaks of SNDL, than any one I know. Honestly... its a sector play on weed, thats a super cheap stock, but that doesnt mean that at these levels it not over valued for what it produces in revenue, and more importantly PROFITS.

Take that info and use it wisely....

IF your day trader... trade on.... if not... stay far far away, because it can do exactly GME and AMC did, drop 50-75% in a hurry....

Triggers and Stop Loss are your friends :)

C08H18

Reaction score

i was in/out a few times over 48 hrs. i think there is too much down side if retain RH traders move to another security or RH restricts again.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I set my stop loss and I’m going to ride it out till Friday I think

Xring01

Reaction score
Check with your broker... most stops will not work in pre market and after hours... they only work during normal trading hours.
Thats a key thing, that most do not know.

If your relying on a stop for your safety net, make sure you know exactly how that safety net operates.

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
Check with your broker... most stops will not work in pre market and after hours... they only work during normal trading hours.
Thats a key thing, that most do not know.

If your relying a stop for your safety net, make sure you know exactly how that safety net operates.
Exactly , wake up to a big zero.

Xring01

Reaction score
PreMarket TLRY scalp.
In, out 25%, 4 x, for a quick win.

Why did I take that trade... it broke the pre market high... solid white line at $56.03 with volume... I tried to get in lower, but didnt get filled, I had to move my purchase price up alot to get filled, which made that trade alot more risky.

As you can see, I got in, I got out all in 5 minutes. It was not a perfect trade at all, because I didnt get filled where I wanted. My mistake was I chased it up, I did get lucky... I only chased because of the VOLUME....

1612965633867.png

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
PreMarket TLRY scalp.
In, out 25%, 4 x, for a quick win.

Why did I take that trade... it broke the pre market high... solid white line at $56.03 with volume... I tried to get in lower, but didnt get filled, I had to move my purchase price up alot to get filled, which made that trade alot more risky.

As you can see, I got in, I got out all in 5 minutes. It was not a perfect trade at all, because I didnt get filled where I wanted. My mistake was I chased it up, I did get lucky... I only chased because of the VOLUME....

View attachment 971385
Just out of curiosity, what kind of volume are you trading with when you do a swing trade like this? I know 25% is 25% whether its 100 or 5000 shares.......Im just curious. You dont have to answer if you dont want to.

Xring01

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what kind of volume are you trading with when you do a swing trade like this? I know 25% is 25% whether its 100 or 5000 shares.......Im just curious. You dont have to answer if you dont want to.
Take a look at the volume pattern at the bottom of the chart, look at that prior to 8:46am, to after.... and what happens to the price....
volume goes way up, price goes way up... combine that with the stock breaking a key level, that I had identified, prior to it happening...

So it broke a key level of $56.03, with volume... I rarely play in pre market... because its a very fast way to lose alot of money. Especially with low float stocks... But TLRY is not low float, and has all kinds of hype today.... As you can see I had the balls to do it..

I also tried to buy back in on that dip... I had a massive order in at $56.03 right at 9:05am... 3x the earlier trade... I didnt get filled... that bitch ran..

But I am in pre market... I expect a huge selloff right as the market opens, then a pop up.... The $56.03 level may come back into play at market open..

That was 100 share purchase... out 25% increments... Again its a quick scalp.

1612966878680.png

Xring01

Reaction score
These are the weed stocks that are all going nuts right now.

Cannabis Stocks A Leading Group Wednesday Following Tilray News Of Deal To Distribute Medical Cannabis Products In UK Tuesday Morning, Interest By WallStreetBets Traders Wednesday
BZ Wire
Tilray (TLRY)
Aphria (APHA)
Sundial Growers (SNDL)
Akerna (KERN)
OrganiGram (OGI)
Canopy Growth (CGC)
Aurora Cannabis (ACB)
Cronos Group (CRON)
GW Pharma (GWPH)
Zynerba (ZYNE)
Jazz Pharma (JAZZ)
cbdMD (YCBD)
GrowGeneration (GRWG)
India Globalization Capital (IGC)
Clever Leaves (CLVR)
FSD Pharma (HUGE)
Hexo Group (HEXO)
Village Farms (VFF)

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Take a look at the volume pattern at the bottom of the chart, look at that prior to 8:46am, to after.... and what happens to the price....
volume goes way up, price goes way up... combine that with the stock breaking a key level, that I had identified, prior to it happening...

So it broke a key level of $56.03, with volume... I rarely play in pre market... because its a very fast way to lose alot of money. Especially with low float stocks... But TLRY is not low float, and has all kinds of hype today.... As you can see I had the balls to do it..

I also tried to buy back in on that dip... I had a massive order in at $56.03 right at 9:05am... 3x the earlier trade... I didnt get filled... that bitch ran..

But I am in pre market... I expect a huge selloff right as the market opens, then a pop up.... The $56.03 level may come back into play at....

View attachment 971390
No i understand the volume aspect....i ment you on a personal level.
Im trying to get a general understanding of what a real world investor buys and sells on a typical trade......not some youtube hypeman swingtrading 50000 shares at a time.

Xring01

Reaction score
Read this headline....
This is a key reason why you have to be very careful with certain stocks... Because a boat load of investors, not traders... lost alot of money.....
Take a look at where SAVA was 3 days ago and where it is today... Why... because it diluled its shares... thats the companys you dont want to hold over night. Companys like that, can destroy your account. It was over $125 and today its at $52...

SAVA -12.7% (entered into a definitive agreement with several healthcare-focused and other institutional investors for the purchase of 4,081,633 shares of its common stock, at a purchase price of $49.00/share, for gross proceeds of ~$200.0 mln, in a registered direct offering)

CLdrinker

Reaction score

But I am in pre market... I expect a huge selloff right as the market opens, then a pop up.... The $56.03 level may come back into play at market open..

That was 100 share purchase... out 25% increments... Again its a quick scalp.

View attachment 971390
FML 🤦
My buddy told me to buy TLRY a month ago. I didn’t listen

Xring01

Reaction score
TSLA is dropping...
Anyone who wanted to buy it long may get there chance today...
Its still dropping... dont buy it yet...

Xring01

Reaction score
What's your mark where you would jump?

A key level is $811... as long as it above that line we are probably good to go...
If it drops below $811, then it can drop alot..... like back down to $750 level which is the 200 day MA...

I will admit that I did by some as it broke thru the $811 area... but I also will stop out slightly below $811, if it drops back below it....

Right now the market is sketchy...

Again, this is my opinion.... so develop your own trade plan and trade it to your risk level tolerance

hallett21

Reaction score
Just learned about this. Think I’ll pick up some Ford

IMG_7095.jpg

Xring01

Reaction score
Automotive Stocks.
I briefly read an article about Chip manufacturing shortage, which will impact the ability of the major auto manufacturers from making as many cars as they planned... Reason why GM tanked...

Before you go long traditional auto makers... dig up that article.

hallett21

Reaction score
Automotive Stocks.
I briefly read an article about Chip manufacturing shortage, which will impact the ability of the major auto manufacturers from making as many cars as they planned... Reason why GM tanked...

Before you go long traditional auto makers... dig up that article.

Saw that. I need to dig a little more but $1200 today might be a significant savings on a truck later this year.

Xring01

Reaction score
1612975539811.png

Here is my marked up TSLA chart..
You can see that this pull back is very healthy for the stock, however if that $811, trend line breaks next stop is $780, then down as far as $750 the 200MA.

Which is why... $811 is key... if it doesnt hold above that line, it can drop... minimum $780 all the way down to $750...

This may be a good entry point if it bounces up and the market doesnt sell of any more... The RSI is good, but not great... if it was a bit lower, I would have more confidence in this entry.

All of these are the key reasons why you need to pay attention to it until it gets above $825 and holds, and starts climbing again.

Again, this is how I see it... I may be wrong.... But I do have my $$ on the line on it.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I was in a few pot stick today for about 5 minutes, seen the writing on the wall, scalped a few bucks.

MrsBeerrun

Reaction score
Enjoying this thread tremendously, thank you. Bitcoin and Planet 13 are making me happy this week. Wish I had more time to spend trading, living vicariously through the thread.

Xring01

Reaction score
Saw that. I need to dig a little more but $1200 today might be a significant savings on a truck later this year.

Well
Assuming the article is correct and there is a shortage of trucks being manufactured, and the demand remains the same...
Prices of new trucks should increase, but thats my opinion.
Because of the imbalance of the supply demand equation, and the Manufacturers will demand top dollar, to make up the margins for the low volume they are producing. If not then the stock doesnt meet earnings and tanks even further...

Again, that just my opinion.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I bought TLRY at $52.50 today. The WSB guys are going to push this up as much as possible. I'm not going to fight the trend.

However, all of this nonsense can't last too long. The rug will be pulled when the MM want their money back and it will be a huge correction and a lot of novice investors will lose money. Right now, they are letting everyone put money in the market and when they are ready, they will start unloading all their shares. Of course, they will be short all the stocks as well. It will be ugly. Just my opinion. For now, set tight stops, unless you're in the high flying stocks.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Made a quick $300 off of SNDL this morning...rode it from 2.42 to 2.72

Now, if CTRM would get it's ass back up to $1.30, It would be a very good day.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Ayro if anyone wants to look it up. I got rid of llnw for small profit this morning and moved the money into ayro. I’m more than happy with that move. Should hit the teens then I’ll take profit