WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid vaccine personal info

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wifie and her co nurses are in a 50% tax trap now.
Is it the same as working for half pay?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Mrs. LR2 got a $42k bonus, $18k to taxes. We are stimulus check generators my friend 😀
Many Thanks to your lovely bride...not for the tax donation but her commitment to people.
I see it in my brothers face too, he looks rather tired at times....but that wasn't gonna keep him from sticking his little brother with dose 1😀😁

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Got the first shot on Friday, wife was a little was unusually tired and achy with arm pain, I had a sore arm to the touch. So normal side effects with a vaccination what you would expect and not unusual.
Friday and golfed 18hrs later. Arm felt like someone knuckle punched me. Good now.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
LA County Public sites only giving the second dose. Dodger Stadium and the like.
Some other non county locations as well.
USC not on that hit list.

My hernia blew thru and I'm going to Ironman it and suffer it out until I get the second shot.
Any Surgery and they'll re-set me.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
LA County Public sites only giving the second dose. Dodger Stadium and the like.
Some other non county locations as well.
USC not on that hit list.

My hernia blew thru and I'm going to Ironman it and suffer it out until I get the second shot.
Any Surgery and they'll re-set me.

About all you can do is apply ice/cold compress to the area to reduce swelling.. Good luck.

Reactions: TPC

just_floatin

Reaction score
Not sure if this story was shared in the lounge. Might be worthwhile to call your doctor and ask if they are prescribing HCQ as an alternative to vaccinations.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Come on your saying this was for a political agenda??? The government doesn't lie or hide real factual studies or reports and they always have your best interests in mind!!

Dbroncos

Reaction score
Wife got her second shot of pfizer yesterday (Tuesday). Sore arm is the only reaction as of today at noon. Fingers crossed she does not experience anything further.

Reactions: C-2

mobldj

Reaction score
getting the 2nd shot tomorrow.will advise

rivergames

Reaction score
My whole family is in need to get my Grandpa (82 Year Old River Rat) the Vaccine.

Good chance that the Covid would take him out real quick. He's fricken been around too many people that have had it.

We got an appt scheduled for the 1st week of March, but IMO, that is too long away.

Is there anyone out there that can help out and get my Grandpa a sooner appointment? Once again he's 82 (turns 83 in March) and IMO needs this Vaccine so the Covid doesn't take him out. I've already lost other close people and don't want to loose my best friend. We'll go just about anywhere at this point to get him the vaccine.

Thanks!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
My whole family is in need to get my Grandpa (82 Year Old River Rat) the Vaccine.

Good chance that the Covid would take him out real quick. He's fricken been around too many people that have had it.

We got an appt scheduled for the 1st week of March, but IMO, that is too long away.

Is there anyone out there that can help out and get my Grandpa a sooner appointment? Once again he's 82 (turns 83 in March) and IMO needs this Vaccine so the Covid doesn't take him out. I've already lost other close people and don't want to loose my best friend. We'll go just about anywhere at this point to get him the vaccine.

Thanks!

1st week in March is good. You're in good shape.

Keep at it. Suddenly pharmacies get notice a shipment is heading their way and they start texting people on their lists. Flying blind.
All I could find this past hour was March 23 and that just closed.

Contact any hospital where he was a past patient. That's seem to flow better onto the appt calendar from our families experiences but could change at this point. They're sandbagging and holding back to have enough jabs for the second round at many locations.

Bring his Medicare card and supplemental. The Vaccine is free but the administering agency can get some re imbursement to cover the overhead cost.
USC just suspended their contribution to employees retirement plans for a year to cover covid costs.

Last edited:

EBT531

Reaction score
FIL got his 1st dose yesterday. He has already had covid, but wanted the vaccine. Spent the night with body aches, fever and chills. A little better today but it definitely hit him harder than the SIL.

rivergames

Reaction score
1st week in March is good. You're in good shape.

Keep at it. Suddenly pharmacies get notice a shipment is heading their way and they start texting people on their lists. Flying blind.
All I could find this past hour was March 23 and that just closed.

Contact any hospital where he was a past patient. That's seem to flow better onto the appt calendar from our families experiences but could change at this point. They're sandbagging and holding back to have enough jabs for the second round at many locations.

Bring his Medicare card and supplemental. The Vaccine is free but the administering agency can get some re imbursement to cover the overhead cost.
USC just suspended their contribution to employees retirement plans for a year to cover covid costs.

He just had a new valve put in a couple weeks ago. He couldn't even get a vaccine out at the Hospital in OC that did the surgery.

We've tried the telephone #'s, websites, APPS, etc. without much luck. The Vaccine in March was somewhat a relief, but that's still a month out.

My Grandma was able to get her 1st dose a couple weeks at a Ralph's Pharmacy (Who woulda guesses) in El Segundo .

C-2

Reaction score
getting the 2nd shot tomorrow.will advise
Did they contact you and set the appointment? We are in Riverside too and our second shot date is coming up.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score

Last edited:

mobldj

Reaction score
Did they contact you and set the appointment? We are in Riverside too and our second shot date is coming up.
my 1st shot was at corona high and yes they sent me a email with the reservation link.i was starting to worry about scheduling the 2nd so i understand your question well

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Wife got her second yesterday. Both Moderna. No fever but feels like shit; tired and body aches. Getting better as the day wears on. She is happy to have an immune response as to her, nurse practitioner, the vaccine is working. She thinks her reaction was mellow because she had it January 2020 before they really know what was going on. Back then 104 fever for days on end sucking asthma inhalers like a crack pipe. Came close to passing out a few times too. My old smog filled lungs would not have faired as well. But I had COVID SARS-1 back in 2003. Hospitalized for 6 days unconscious. No intubation but in pressurized oxygen the whole time. I am getting the vaccine when able to. No way I want to go through that again.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Wife got the Moderna. No side effects beyond her entire arm felt sore. Second shot in two weeks and I’ll give an update.

She got her second shot yesterday morning.

Last night was brutal. She had a fever for about four hours and was soaking wet. I’m talking her arms, back, chest, face drenched in sweat. She almost went to the hospital because her heart was pounding so hard.

She woke up dying of thirst and walked to the bathroom. Next thing I hear is glass breaking and things falling off the kitchen counter.

She passed out and took out the counter and woke up on the floor with a huge knot on her head.

She’s good today but I did glance at her life insurance policy this morning lol

RodnJen

Reaction score

Last night was brutal. She had a fever for about four hours and was soaking wet. I’m talking her arms, back, chest, face drenched in sweat. She almost went to the hospital because her heart was pounding so hard.

She woke up dying of thirst and walked to the bathroom. Next thing I hear is glass breaking and things falling off the kitchen counter.

She passed out and took out the counter and woke up on the floor with a huge knot on her head.

Wow, sorry she had that reaction.

4Waters

Reaction score

Thanks Rod I appreciate that [emoji106]

She has severe allergies to certain medications and some foods. I’m sure it’s part of that. She’s 85%-90% better today which is a complete reversal from last night, weird.

It’s likely her immune response which is a good thing.
Christ man, glad she's doing good now, this is the shit people need to see to decide if the vaccine is in their best interest.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score

Does she normally get a flu shot? Just curious.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Christ man, glad she's doing good now, this is the shit people need to see to decide if the vaccine is in their best interest.

It appears to be one of the more severe reactions compared to our friends who are mostly fireman and healthcare workers.

Not sure what it was but it fucked her up good for half the night. I’d be scared to be elderly and have that reaction.

Bear Down

Reaction score
He just had a new valve put in a couple weeks ago. He couldn't even get a vaccine out at the Hospital in OC that did the surgery.

We've tried the telephone #'s, websites, APPS, etc. without much luck. The Vaccine in March was somewhat a relief, but that's still a month out.

My Grandma was able to get her 1st dose a couple weeks at a Ralph's Pharmacy (Who woulda guesses) in El Segundo .
Co-worker got his at little company of Mary, his wife set up last week..was really easy for them

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
It appears to be one of the more severe reactions compared to our friends who are mostly fireman and healthcare workers.

Not sure what it was but it fucked her up good for half the night. I’d be scared to be elderly and have that reaction.
If that was her reaction to the vaccine which has no virus in it; imagine the real deal multiplying in her body. Glad she is doing well now. 24 hours sure as hell beats 2 weeks or more of the same thing.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Failure of organized distribution of the vaccine and appointments is that of the individual states and their counties. The Fed provides the vaccine, thank you Pres Trump, to the states. From there on, it’s the state/county infrastructure. I can only imagine the reaction if Trump had said, “OK, We now have vaccines and we, the Feds, will see to the distribution and all vaccinations.” That would have been a riot, literally!

If the quantities received by the states/counties are inadequate, perhaps a look at the base numbers for which they’re intended is in order. WTF - Just how many out of state snowbirds are they trying to accommodate?!! Presently, Mohave County is a shit show. La Paz County must be as bad or worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPC

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
When we went to Vegas in August with @OldSchoolBoats we made friends with this couple we met at the Wynn. Nice people. Dude got Covid and was dying. Just got out of the hospital. He was in a coma for 30 days and finally made it. Young guy. Healthy. His family told the hospital to try anything they could. Any alternate treatments that they had, they threw at him. Thank God he made it. Wife and 3 or 4 kids. Crazy.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
When we went to Vegas in August with @OldSchoolBoats we made friends with this couple we met at the Wynn. Nice people. Dude got Covid and was dying. Just got out of the hospital. He was in a coma for 30 days and finally made it. Young guy. Healthy. His family told the hospital to try anything they could. Any alternate treatments that they had, they threw at him. Thank God he made it. Wife and 3 or 4 kids. Crazy.
No way! Glad he made it. Super cool people and I actually think they had 5 kids. They live out by Jen and I, right?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mobldj

Reaction score
2nd one today at 2.nothing out of the ordinary.arm sore from needle is all but thats with any shot in your life

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Failure of organized distribution of the vaccine and appointments is that of the individual states and their counties. The Fed provides the vaccine, thank you Pres Trump, to the states. From there on, it’s the state/county infrastructure. I can only imagine the reaction if Trump had said, “OK, We now have vaccines and we, the Feds, will see to the distribution and all vaccinations.” That would have been a riot, literally!

If the quantities received by the states/counties are inadequate, perhaps a look at the base numbers for which they’re intended is in order. WTF - Just how many out of state snowbirds are they trying to accommodate?!! Presently, Mohave County is a shit show. La Paz County must be as bad or worse.
Early on, Gavin Newsom put Elite Marxist Tom Steyer in charge of the entire Calif Covid program.
The program quickly started misfiring, then defaulted to the worse in the nation and then a continued downward spiral. Steyer hid from the media and then abandoned it, then bailed out while the media was pissing on Trump and the GameStop/Robinhood fiasco hit the headlines.

Steyer is now appearing on Liberal news programs with no mention of his appalling involvement in it at all.

Last edited:

just_floatin

Reaction score
Reading all these side effects post vaccine scare the bejesus out of me. I better up my life insurance because if I get the vid I plan on dying if the HCQ does not work. It will be interesting to circle back on this thread in a couple of years. This is a good sample of vax versus non vaxxers. May the odds be in your favor.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Reading all these side effects post vaccine scare the bejesus out of me. I better up my life insurance because if I get the vid I plan on dying if the HCQ does not work. It will be interesting to circle back on this thread in a couple of years. This is a good sample of vax versus non vaxxers. May the odds be in your favor.

Hey maybe in a year they will be done with all the FDA testing! But they'll just make Shit up a change reports to suite their needs sad really.....

RichL

Reaction score
I think I made it clear earlier I'm not a non vaxxer but this one gives me concerns. Especially now that we've had the virus.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Of the grocery store pharmacies Ralphs Kroger appears to have their act together, Vons failing miserably, CVS getting up to speed and worth a check.
I think I made it clear earlier I'm not a non vaxxer but this one gives me concerns. Especially now that we've had the virus.
They're stacking them 3 high.
AP_21008053798618.jpg
0b676a30-77ee-11ea-bf9f-1b25af37e26b
U2:
merlin_171074478_2fea0e4d-a32b-409b-bee3-b02f0295aca2-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score

I was just thinking the same thing --- coin toss perhaps ? Is anyone keeping score, Pizer vs Moderna side effects among RDP members ? From what's available, it's written that some side effects just confirm they're causing the desired immune response --- so to feel like shit is a good thing --- if it doesn't kill you. 😖
On the other hand, in term of developing anaphylaxis, the article scored it 2.1 per million for Moderna and 6.2 per million of Pfizer.

The article.
https://www.statnews.com/2021/02/02...eloped-by-pfizer-moderna-and-johnson-johnson/

just_floatin

Reaction score
My statement was in general not quoted and certainly not pointed at any one member. To each their own. For me, my hobbie is 100 times more dangerous (open ocean outrigger canoe / paddle board racing) then this virus. Therefore, I will continue manage my diet, train 5 days a week and hope not to be swallowed up by a fish in Big Blue.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Over 2000 medical personnel at the wifes hospital received both jabs, no side effects at all beyond tiredness.

Taboma

Reaction score
Hey maybe in a year they will be done with all the FDA testing! But they'll just make Shit up a change reports to suite their needs sad really.....

Have you ever heard a drug commerical on TV where all the beautiful music and people skipping through the waves caused you to ignore the 5 page list of side effects they rapidly run down, while trying to deflect you with boobs, music and a thumping bass drum. Then it always ends with "Ask your physician to prescribe this" ---
WTF, ahhhhhh no, nope, not happening. :eek:
First off, not one of the side effects is appealing, so quite scary, and 2ndly, if I have to tell my doctor about what he should be prescribing, maybe I need a new doctor ??

Which brings us to HCQ --- I wonder just how many family doctors are writing that script ? My doc retired last March, so I can't ask him. 🥴 When I mentioned that to my dentist the other day, he's not big on getting the vaccine and mentioned several older doctors he knew, retired as well when COVID ramped up.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
My statement was in general not quoted and certainly not pointed at any one member. To each their own. For me, my hobbie is 100 times more dangerous (open ocean outrigger canoe / paddle board racing) then this virus. Therefore, I will continue manage my diet, train 5 days a week and hope not to be swallowed up by a fish in Big Blue.

Not contradicting you nor disagreeing - more power to ya. I take your point.

This virus will do a U Turn, develop dirty tricks and head back to glean out those it missed and aren't vax'd.
Then, it'll do it again.

It's only missions on earth are:
1: Survive
2: Kill as many people as it can.

,,,,and it will.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Have you ever heard a drug commerical on TV where all the beautiful music and people skipping through the waves caused you to ignore the 5 page list of side effects they rapidly run down, while trying to deflect you with boobs, music and a thumping bass drum. Then it always ends with "Ask your physician to prescribe this" ---
WTF, ahhhhhh no, nope, not happening. :eek:
First off, not one of the side effects is appealing, so quite scary, and 2ndly, if I have to tell my doctor about what he should be prescribing, maybe I need a new doctor ??

Which brings us to HCQ --- I wonder just how many family doctors are writing that script ? My doc retired last March, so I can't ask him. 🥴 When I mentioned that to my dentist the other day, he's not big on getting the vaccine and mentioned several older doctors he knew, retired as well when COVID ramped up.
Come on its all shiny rainbows trust us we're here to help.....

Andy B.

Reaction score

This virus will do a U Turn, develop dirty tricks and head back to glean out those it missed and aren't vax'd.
Then, it'll do it again.

,,,,and it will.

You do realize it won't prevent you from getting it it just lessons your systems? Hence not a vaccine like polio, hepatitis etc.

just_floatin

Reaction score

Then, it'll do it again.

,,,,and it will.
Again - To each their own. Have you ever considered the point of view of a believer is “the worst thing that can ever happen may be the best thing that can happen?” Puts ones short life on this planet here into perspective.

Last edited:

mobldj

Reaction score
Come on its all shiny rainbows trust us we're here to help.....
andy b,your the biggest anti vax whiner on here,DONT FUCKING GET IT THEN.personally its no biggy to me if you do or dont get it,catch it and go on a ventillator. you have voiced your opinion like crying fire in a movie theatre.over and over and over.stfu and go boating will ya. to the rest its your personal choice.choose wisley either way.