WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need a few opinions.

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
I need to transport my fully loaded triple bank from orange to Havasu. I'd rather not have to remove each drawer since they are fully loaded. Last time I used a roll back, but because of the distance that may not be an option. Possibly one of those trailers that drop flat to the ground with air bags? Thanks in advance.
20201213_154304.jpg
20201213_154310.jpg

petie6464

Reaction score
You can have a roll back load it on your trailer then have another roll back in Havasu unload it.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yep, two five foot sticks of 4x3 channel as ramps last time I did it. Maybe call around and see if any rents a Triple L, like you mention with a drop deck. They use them to move safes and such. If you have it moved, make damn good and sure they have insurance...that stuff ain't cheap.

Would make a sparkly yard sale on 40 :oops:

D19

Reaction score
Rent a lift flat bed like rental companies use for scissor lifts and etc. Rented one recently from United to bring stuff up.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Grab a Penske bobtail with lift gate...

This...

Usually they wont rent the box trucks with a lift one way though...at least thats what i found. I rented one to lift a safe into another and did the same at the destination..PITA and $160 but best i could figure out.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'd say 3k lbs at least
Here is what I can tell you about exceeding the limits on a liftgate...it hurts!
I had used a liftgate to load two drums, went fine, was a bit slower, but not sketchy. Coming down on the jobsite was a different story. IIRC, 1200# liftgate...I think I was 300 or so over...all kind of a blur. My buddy hit the down button, and it dropped. Barrel dolly I was using turned into a catapult, and I went flying. I know they make better/higher rated gates, just make sure it's well above what you think you need. I would think 3k is probably a pretty good guess...sweep and blow off the floor, ramps, gate, trailer...it helps!

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Is it me or are manufacturers designing these things to overload the top drawers?
Personally I would have 6 inch castors at a minimal on a frame built under the cabinet.
Most rollarounds are really not designed to be rolled around.
Ask Dave to borrow his Trailer. the average engine hoist these days does 4k lbs.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I just called a guy I knew with a flat bed tow truck to do it.

Im gonna guess the OP has more than just that to move. You can put a whole lotta stuff on flat bed.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Do you have a friend with a toy hauler?

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
I just called a guy I knew with a flat bed tow truck to do it.

Im gonna guess the OP has more than just that to move. You can put a whole lotta stuff on flat bed.

What would he charge to move it and a macsimizer fully loaded tool cart? Everything else I have I can move.