WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current Situation - a picture thread

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Super proud dad day. My 9 year old did awesome along with her 13 year old cousin. They did a 65 mile ride from HS to Picacho peak. My daughter in her 900 and my cousins daughter in her brand new 800 👍👍

Crazy to think how much better prepared they will be for the road (and life) than their peers.

proud driver
View attachment 972671
Lunch time with the younger girls.
View attachment 972672
Off camber action :p
View attachment 972673 View attachment 972674
Middle daughter took a ride today 😀
68FE7591-49EE-4748-8B99-550CA4DADD79.jpeg

Fucking awesome weekend.

image.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Super proud dad day. My 9 year old did awesome along with her 13 year old cousin. They did a 65 mile ride from HS to Picacho peak. My daughter in her 900 and my cousins daughter in her brand new 800 👍👍

Crazy to think how much better prepared they will be for the road (and life) than their peers.

proud driver
View attachment 972671
Lunch time with the younger girls.
View attachment 972672
Off camber action :p
View attachment 972673 View attachment 972674
Very cool😎🤘
Absolutely the off road skills will translate to better drivers on the street. 👍👍

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Hell no. I ran 5’ in, snapped a pic and jumped out fast as i could. They were all pretty small anyway. :oops:
LOL, The ones we went in might have been a couple hundred feet deep and multiple levels.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
LOL, The ones we went in might have been a couple hundred feet deep and multiple levels.
Can you send the location of the other mine? Always looking for another destination.

Tireman

Reaction score
Back way into Desert bar...great ride

Attachments

• 20210214_140159.jpg
    20210214_140159.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 111

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Can you send the location of the other mine? Always looking for another destination.
It's kinda close to the least worn path and nowhere near LHC.🤪😎
In all honesty, it isn't my information to divulge. Something our friend found in a book from back in the time when exploratory travel was big, interstate highways were new and overheating vehicles were commonplace.🙂

Reactions: DWC

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Once we finally got power back yesterday, our freezer held well but the top shelf had a couple packages of Moose burger and some bacon that was getting soft. So tonight I made moose tacos.

View attachment 973748

Rendered some of the bacon for a little fat in the moose.
View attachment 973749

View attachment 973750

View attachment 973752

View attachment 973753

View attachment 973754

View attachment 973755

Regular Betty Fucking Crocker you are!!! You should cook yourself some clues to eat!

4Waters

Reaction score
That’s not a zone so he’s safe , He hangs with five doe’s and a shit ton of turkeys . 😎
Bucks hide in the shadows just inside the tree line in Malibu Creek State Park, I wonder why🤔. The damn poachers up there piss me off, the Fish and Game officer for that area lives here in Simi (with his wife also a F&G officer) and I have talked to him about it, he is going nuts trying to catch him/her/them.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Bucks hide in the shadows just inside the tree line in Malibu Creek State Park, I wonder why🤔. The damn poachers up there piss me off, the Fish and Game officer for that area lives here in Simi (with his wife also a F&G officer) and I have talked to him about it, he is going nuts trying to catch him/her/them.
They need to setup one of there decoys . They have ones tgat turn there head and tails

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
He has, they won't bite, they're good
Are they rifle or bow ? poaching 🤬 I don’t know life span of deer but he’s been there for years 👍 , would like to walk back in and go shed hunting just need to make time . 🤔🙏

4Waters

Reaction score
About 10 years ago i saw govt guys go into lake manor in their ghillie suits . I would of bet they were setting up to catch poachers . I hope they catch them .
Me too, when I worked on the ambulance my response area for 5 years was Agoura, Westlake Village, Calabasas and Malibu, I was always in the lookout.

4Waters

Reaction score
Are they rifle or bow ? poaching 🤬 I don’t know life span of deer but he’s been there for years 👍 , would like to walk back in and go shed hunting just need to make time . 🤔🙏
Pretty sure both as when we were posting at Piuma Rd sometimes you would hear a (one) random gun shot in the hills but F&G thinks bow as well.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Never had Moose but they say , if you like deer and try Elk you will never eat deer again , if you like Elk and try Moose you will never eat Elk again . 😎 I have had Elk = Dam good
Once we finally got power back yesterday, our freezer held well but the top shelf had a couple packages of Moose burger and some bacon that was getting soft. So tonight I made moose tacos.

View attachment 973748

Rendered some of the bacon for a little fat in the moose.
View attachment 973749

View attachment 973750

View attachment 973752

View attachment 973753

View attachment 973754

View attachment 973755

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Pretty sure both as when we were posting at Piuma Rd sometimes you would hear a (one) random gun shot in the hills but F&G thinks bow as well.
I thought , maybe Low river can chime in ? That they had ( law officers ) had a tool that could kind of pin point where a shot came from , then go to that area ? I could be wrong . Utah you can use a suppressor as they are legal not sure while hunting ?

4Waters

Reaction score
I thought , maybe Low river can chime in ? That they had ( law officers ) had a tool that could kind of pin point where a shot came from , then go to that area ? I could be wrong . Utah you can use a suppressor as they are legal not sure while hunting ?
Those microphones are usually up on power poles city buildings.....so it makes it easy in the city but won't work well in the Santa Monica Mountains

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
They need to setup one of there decoys . They have ones tgat turn there head and tails
Game cops had one where I'm from on the Oregon Coast. It was an Elk though and we named it "Bullwinkle". Saw it several times during elk season. Once one has seen a lot of elk you can spot the imposter out pretty darn quick. The game cops will set him up along a higher elevation above a back road and just wait. They nab people all the time and you never know when you're going to see ol' Bullwinkle.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Game cops had one where I'm from on the Oregon Coast. It was an Elk though and we named it "Bullwinkle". Saw it several times during elk season. Once one has seen a lot of elk you can spot the imposter out pretty darn quick. The game cops will set him up along a higher elevation above a back road and just wait. They nab people all the time and you never know when you're going to see ol' Bullwinkle.
The worst part is it out of season no mating and most the time they just take the head the rest is wasted I am for shooting the fuckers on site just like they did .

Last edited:

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Southwest Colorado.
Is that Walsenburg area ? we almost bought 420 acres there wifey said we didn’t need that much land , now she says we fucked up should have bought it .