RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
2F277771-46A0-4848-B2C3-402D71E8E8F4.png

Nice house boat.. 🤪

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Pretty sure that is RD on the houseboat and HE started this crap!

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
AZ doesn't shock me anymore. Yuma just past legislature putting age and operating limitations on electric skooters when there are no electric skooters. They just saw what is happening in other places and wanted to get ahead of the game. Then AZ just passed recreational marijuana but immediately passed legislature to allow no more dispensaries than are currently available. We are totally turning into CA.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
AZ doesn't shock me anymore. Yuma just past legislature putting age and operating limitations on electric scooters when there are no electric scooters. They just saw what is happening in other places and wanted to get ahead of the game. Then AZ just passed recreational marijuana but immediately passed legislature to allow no more dispensaries than are currently available. We are totally turning into CA.
So can you go to the existing dispensaries without a medical card now ie recreational?

76sanger

Reaction score
Unbelievable how fast the GREAT state of Arizona is changing. This is a direct problem of liberal/Democrats moving in and right away running for office and winning. We've seen it first hand in all the states. The Democrats CANNOT just let life be! They always " have" to right a bill or right a legislative bill to make life more expensive and difficult to function in. Again, unfuckingbelievable!!!

ltbaney1

Reaction score
im in kommifornia, i have the dumb card. if its the same deal you guys will have to do, it is almost all ocean boat stuff. i drug my feet doing it until my buddy got a $300 dollar ticket for it. took about an hour and cost $25. it still pisses me off to no end that rentals are exempt.

2Driver

Reaction score
Unbelievable how fast the GREAT state of Arizona is changing. This is a direct problem of liberal/Democrats moving in and right away running for office and winning. We've seen it first hand in all the states. The Democrats CANNOT just let life be! They always " have" to right a bill or right a legislative bill to make life more expensive and difficult to function in. Again, unfuckingbelievable!!!

The entire country is changing and fast. You can flee but you can’t hide. All you will find is growing levels of government control, bureaucracy, incompetence and liberal policy. You can still find small areas of the country where the tide hasn’t come in yet, but it’s rising.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
This country is so full of bull shit politicians and legislators that's whole purpose is to sit at capital hill and dream up horse shit laws to steal freedom it's crazy.

They don't fix any existing issues they just create more laws/taxes.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Look up Chicago Machine. I've said it so many times on here it should be a sticky.
I'm 4th Gen AZ as I have said before. My Great Grandfather Virgil E. Burtcher Moved from Texas to the AZ New Mexico Territory and bought a huge ranch in the late 1880's. His first wife passed away and he married My G-Grandmother Mattie Mae.

I'f you think times have changed recently, Imagine Me looking back at Family history.
There is only one way to fix this. Get directly involved. Stop the insane from running the asylum.
If anyone on here thinks it is going to get better just showing up to vote... I have very bad news. I currently live in Chicago land and have watched those M-Fockers destroy this place in 20 years. In those 20 years, Illinois has not gained in population.
This shithole also has more corrupt governors that have been jailed since I lived here than any other state over it's exsistence.

SHEP

Reaction score
im in kommifornia, i have the dumb card. if its the same deal you guys will have to do, it is almost all ocean boat stuff. i drug my feet doing it until my buddy got a $300 dollar ticket for it. took about an hour and cost $25. it still pisses me off to no end that rentals are exempt.

Was it an online course you took? Where did you your buddy get the ticket at?

Thanks,

SHEP

2Driver

Reaction score
This country is so full of bull shit politicians and legislators that's whole purpose is to sit at capital hill and dream up horse shit laws to steal freedom it's crazy.

They don't fix any existing issues they just create more laws/taxes.

It’s about the money. Listen to some of the run away costs in CA. It’s the same in every state or soon to be.

Watch the latest video at [URL='https://www.foxnews.com']foxnews.comnoscript>[/URL]

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
It’s about the money. Listen to some of the run away costs in CA. It’s the same in every state or soon to be.

Watch the latest video at [URL='https://www.foxnews.com']foxnews.comnoscript>[/URL]

For years i insured an ex speaker of the ca assembly. Guy was a complete pompous cock and easily one of my least favorite clients.

State of California provided him with a nice escalade on our dime. He had several assistants to handle his work (personal affairs)

These people don't care about the people or the states they serve in. They only care about there interests.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
Was it an online course you took? Where did you your buddy get the ticket at?

Thanks,

SHEP
yes it was online, i dont remember the site, i just googled CA boaters card. ticket was issued in huntington harbor.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
The proposed law doesn't automatically mandate a boater's license. It directs the AZ Game and Fish Dept to develop a program. It would make it so that a watercraft would not be registered unless the registered owner had completed a Boater Education course. It does nothing to require that a boat OPERATOR completes a course or has a "license".

m. the commission may develop a basic training course on the safety and legal regulations of watercraft use in this state. the course may be a video or a written course and may be viewed in person or taken online. a video may not be longer than thirty minutes and a written test may not be longer than two pages. the commission may require, as part of an application for a new motorized watercraft registration or renewal of a motorized watercraft REGISTRATION, the APPLICANT to attest that the applicant has taken the training course on the safety and legal regulations of watercraft use in this state. the commission may develop additional written information to provide to the applicant for informational purposes.

2Driver

Reaction score
For years i insured an ex speaker of the ca assembly. Guy was a complete pompous cock and easily one of my least favorite clients.

State of California provided him with a nice escalade on our dime. He had several assistants to handle his work (personal affairs)

These people don't care about the people or the states they serve in. They only care about there interests.

Unreal. Our town of 3,500 pays the town planner $160k a year with full pension. The previuos planner made $95k and is retired pulling that in pension and is only 60ish.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The proposed law doesn't automatically mandate a boater's license. It directs the AZ Game and Fish Dept to develop a program. It would make it so that a watercraft would not be registered unless the registered owner had completed a Boater Education course. It does nothing to require that a boat OPERATOR completes a course or has a "license".

m. the commission may develop a basic training course on the safety and legal regulations of watercraft use in this state. the course may be a video or a written course and may be viewed in person or taken online. a video may not be longer than thirty minutes and a written test may not be longer than two pages. the commission may require, as part of an application for a new motorized watercraft registration or renewal of a motorized watercraft REGISTRATION, the APPLICANT to attest that the applicant has taken the training course on the safety and legal regulations of watercraft use in this state. the commission may develop additional written information to provide to the applicant for informational purposes.

maybe I’m missing something here.. But having to complete a course, and then receiving a cert.. in order to register the boat.

the cert. in effect becomes “the license” even if you aren’t calling it a “license?”

One2go

Reaction score
Except for the government trying to control every aspect of life,I am in favor of boaters having to have some sort of knowledge of boating and safety.So many ass clowns on the lake that are dangerous as F...k.Rentals should be at front of that list then lake lice next. IDK ....I see stupid people by the minute out on the water !

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
I got a good idea here. Make a law if you don't have a boaters license you can only launch at site six.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I got a good idea here. Make a law if you don't have a boaters license you can only launch at site six.
And it’s free game for the super soakers in the channel with no boaters card

DB / HAV

Reaction score
This is exactly why it is so important to have the platinum rdp membership. It covers everything including free launching at site six, loaner trailer and ... fill in the blank

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
just be ld lie me then you have years to do it

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I am in WA State and wasn't a life long boater. I was pissed that I had to get a "boaters education card" i.e. license about 10 years ago. Have to say it was worth taking the courses, albeit frustrating as the training / testing was heavily focused on PWC and sailboats. Living in the PNW and having a 25 Eliminator 25 Eagle I could have cared less about PWC rules and more about coast guard regulations as the Puget Sound was only minutes away.

If the requirements improve the overall boating experience for people and the "license" doesn't have a shelf life (more money to the state coffer) I don't see the problem.

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
So can you go to the existing dispensaries without a medical card now ie recreational?

Yes, the med dispensaries are now selling recreational too. Medical get discounted prices but recreational doesn't.

fastenuff3

Reaction score
I’m opposed to boaters licenses
both illinois and missouri have licenses. they move the age requirement up every year.im too old but my son did it online and i dont think there is a fee.loto has alot of mega rich with 150+ mph boats with 20 something running them its not a bad idea.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Would a Coast Guard LE Boat operator course / license cover this or a Ca. Boating card?
Getting the prior later this year

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
maybe I’m missing something here.. But having to complete a course, and then receiving a cert.. in order to register the boat.

the cert. in effect becomes “the license” even if you aren’t calling it a “license?”

If the boat is registered in your wife's name and she takes the course to get the registration, does that force YOU to have one? No. Do the police on the water get to ask you if YOU took the course, if pulled over? No. All it does is turn the registration into a "license", but but only for the registered owner. It doesn't require everyone (including kids and renters) to take the course.

It will never pass, so don't sweat it. (You (RD) have already taken a class so you're covered, no matter what)

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Would a Coast Guard LE Boat operator course / license cover this or a Ca. Boating card?
Getting the prior later this year

Probaby not, as the languarge of the bill requires passing the AZGFD course.

Don't worry about it. It won't pass in its current form.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Sooooo rent your boat to yourself?

Did you read the part in the same Bill about Rentals requiring to have bou-cou insurance?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I’m opposed to boaters licenses

So am I.

But I'm not opposed to requiring that boat operators complete a Boater Education Course. Boat "licenses" that make you pay fees, require periodic renewal, and become part of the bureaucracy is just another rung of Govt overreach. But taking a course, once in your life, teaching the basic rules, safe practices and laws is another thing.

Arizona is one of about 3 or 4 States that doesn't require some form of boater education. In every state that DOES have it, boating accidents involving the person(s)* and demographics required to take the course(s) have been drastically reduced., while accidents involving those who AREN'T required to take it have remained consistent or have actually increased.

*Some states require only certain ages/born on dates, some require only PWCs, etc.

Boater Education reduces accidents, saves lives, and keeps insurance premiums low. I taught these classes for 40 years. I'd get kids, adults, court odered, first time boat owners, "experienced" boat operators, boat racers, etc. In EVERY CASE, the student learned something they didn't know. A lot of people would say "I've been boating for 30 years" or "My dad taught me" or whatever. Well they'd been doing it wrong for 30 years and their dad gave them bad schooling. I had one of the most respected names in the marine industry take my class. He's been a boat builder since the '50s, Boat Racer, test driver for all the Boater Magazines (Hot Boat, Power Boat, Speedboat, etc). After the class he told me he didn't realize how much he DIDN'T know about boating.

Even just knowing which way to turn in a head-on situation, or a crossing situation, basic Navigation Rules, would prevent the vast majority of collisions.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
@BoatCop My understanding with the California Boater Card, that CA Agencies can and do ask for your Card / License when you get pulled over.

How does that work on Havasu and Parker where you have CA Agencies patrolling the water also? Is it only for CA registered watercraft?

Sent From Tapatalk

98special

Reaction score
Took a Boater Education coarse a couple years ago to help reduce my insurance cost. But that didn't
work either. Yeh, learned something new , but I forgot what that was, Lol.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
@BoatCop My understanding with the California Boater Card, that CA Agencies can and do ask for your Card / License when you get pulled over.

How does that work on Havasu and Parker where you have CA Agencies patrolling the water also? Is it only for CA registered watercraft?

Sent From Tapatalk

California resident. Since boat registration isn't tied to the state of residence, if you are a CA resident on the boundary waters, you must comply with their boater ed/card requirements. You could have a AZ registered boat, have a vacation/2nd home in AZ, have an AZ ID card, don't matter. Just like residency for registering in AZ at resident rate. You can only declare ONE state of residency.