WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bringing some Facebook to Rdp

Universal Elements

Reaction score
6C99473B-CC5E-4BFF-9796-7121D0A308F8.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score

Why would somebody creating a well intended comparison of youth meme, with storming the beaches of Normandy as a theme, use the image of a young Soviet Soldier, who's battles were won on the Eastern front and had no part in the Normandy invasion ?? I believe there's a message hidden within the message and it's not flattering. :rolleyes:

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Why would somebody creating a well intended comparison of youth meme, with storming the beaches of Normandy as a theme, use the image of a young Soviet Soldier, who's battles were won on the Eastern front and had no part in the Normandy invasion ?? I believe there's a message hidden within the message and it's not flattering. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

Here you gramps, analyze these....😳

DCEF6823-8366-473A-B53C-711BDD72F953.jpeg
5D2B778D-F24A-4EEA-A263-CBEE51C9FEF6.jpeg
052CAC82-CAC3-4DDA-8F1C-3C1C81724B59.jpg
211F2AC0-58DC-4AD7-82B6-9C6C5E4887B1.jpeg

3960086D-D16B-4794-B261-72AEB2A2DB14.jpeg

old rigger

Reaction score

thats not entirely true. In '68 he made a broadcast about what he witnessed in Viet Nam after the TET offensive and broke from his usual 'just the facts' style of reporting and said the war was un win able. Within 2 weeks LBJ announced that he was not going to run for a second term and was quoted saying something to the effect "If I've lost the backing of Cronkite then I've lost the support of America.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
thats not entirely true. In '68 he made a broadcast about what he witnessed in Viet Nam after the TET offensive and broke from his usual 'just the facts' style of reporting and said the war was un win able. Within 2 weeks LBJ announced that he was not going to run for a second term and was quoted saying something to the effect "If I've lost the backing of Cronkite then I've lost the support of America.

I think the meme is basically, we have come a long way in news reporting from that era to the propaganda of today’s bullshit. 😬

old rigger

Reaction score
I think the meme is basically, we have come a long way in news reporting from that era to the propaganda of today’s bullshit. 😬

I know what the meme means but that broadcast changed history and probably changed the way the news is delivered today.

Tank

Reaction score

I've seen this meme float around and I've seen people say the same thing about how it's a pic of a soviet youth.
SUPER easy fix for anyone with the chop prowess - Just plug this photo of very real troops, on their way to the beach of Normandy, which clearly depicts the young age of the soldiers who fought and died on that beach to combat evil. Kid in the middle looking directly at the camera looks a lot like my 12 year old son. Haunting image that most likely 75% of those in the pic died a few minutes later.

Point of the meme is 100% spot on.

15de306dc2fc6e737314a14d915b88b7.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
I've seen this meme float around and I've seen people say the same thing about how it's a pic of a soviet youth.
SUPER easy fix for anyone with the chop prowess - Just plug this photo of very real troops, on their way to the beach of Normandy, which clearly depicts the young age of the soldiers who fought and died on that beach to combat evil. Kid in the middle looking directly at the camera looks a lot like my 12 year old son. Haunting image that most likely 75% of those in the pic died a few minutes later.

View attachment 975251

Exactly the point is spot on, I know, my uncle (Mom's brother) was one of them and is interred at Pt Loma. As were many young Army buddy's who perished in SE Asia. I'm well versed on what the meme is trying to state, so a proper picture is justified and takes exactly how much effort ??

johnnyC

Reaction score

View attachment 975251
in reality this picture is very haunting as all these men although are looking towards the camera in reality they are looking into the eyes of death, may god bless them for their ultimate sacrifice!