WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Why All Deaths are labeled Covid

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Best, non medical, 1st hand information I've received. To my face froma covid widow.....
A friend, acquantence, lost her husband last May. She's 54, he was 60.
After a week of really sick, breathing problems. AND 4 separate Bug Tests, All came back negative....
They went to the E.R. of course they wouldnt let her past the door with her very sick husband.
All the while repeating its not covid I've been tested.......
She spoke with him and the Docs everyday. Test him ! its not covid.....
5 days, on a ventilator, in the covid wing. He died......
Both head docs signed covid death documentation.....
Never ran a single test.
She got his body out of there. Private autopsy. He dies from advanced viral pnemonia.
Of course, shes now talking to lawyers.
But they told her, dont hold your breath. most likely ALL covid death related lawsuits will be dismissed by the Supreme Courts.
Why do Docs lie.....
Average expense ratio. Team of Docs, nurses, Ventilator, hospital room afdds up to $$$X dollars per day times XX amount of days. insurance companies cant handle so Feds are writing an average check, here in Illinois anyway for $250K per covid death. Its a cash cow. Thats why the hospitals are writing everything as covid.
This from her lawyer, to her, to my face.
Nothing off the internet.

attitude

Reaction score
My moms friend had this exact same thing happen to her husband a month or two ago. He was diagnosed with pneumonia but on his death certificate the hospital put COVID pneumonia. Unbelievable...

4Waters

Reaction score
Not all will be dismissed by the Supreme Court. One of the guys on my crew had his son's friend (basically a son to him) get killed while riding his motorcycle when someone tuned in front of him. The hospital signed it off as covid and now the person at fault's insurance won't pay because the death certificate states covid not traumatic injuries due to traffic accident.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My daughter works in an ICU and the other day they brought I guy in who had been badly beaten buy multiple objects. He died the next day and they called it COVID even though they never even ran a test.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kaiser Permanente So Cal (5 counties) has received HOW MUCH from the Govt. for COVID Deaths?

Again , ZERO

Urban legends are cute to talk about , but when there are FACTS, they are what they are

This is because Kaiser does not bill Medicare directly. As part of the CARES act which is now law, Medicare must reimburse for the treatment of COVID-19 at a rate of 20% more than what the usual reimbursement is for a given CPT code. So if the Medicare allowable comes to $100,000 to treat a COVID patient in the ICU, Medicare must pay that hospital $120,000. Kaiser does receive money from Medicare but it is not tied to specific billing codes rather they get a fixed amount for every Medicare patient on their plan whether you use their insurance or not.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t appreciate you guys spreading this kind of misinformation. The guys with tiktoking nurses say that it’s real and there are mobile morgues lined up around the block housing GORILLIONS of Plague riddled bodies. I believe the science and the dances. I will get the jab. I will wear panty hose above my 19 masks. Plz guise. It’s real

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
Is it real? Yes and for certain groups deadly. But the discussion was on do hospitals gets $$ for Covid deaths. I am not going to say they are “over reporting”. I dont have that info. But do they get $$$? Sounds like it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FALSE
And while you’re at it cite your source that you got this information ?
I’d sure like to hear it

I got the vaccine at dodger Stadium guess who got charged for that vaccine given by carbon health? That’s right my plan Kiser

you’re welcome

You could read it in the CARES act itself but it is 1000s of pages, or look HERE. The 20% increase was recently backdated to January of 2020 and luckily, for hospital admissions on or after 9/1/2020 the patient must have a positive COVID test in their chart for the hospital to receive the 20%.

This summary came from the Heritage Foundation:

"The CARES Act authorized a temporary 20 percent increase in reimbursements from Medicare for COVID-19 patients to account for both anticipated and unanticipated increases in the cost of care for these medically complex patients," explained Dr. Summer McGee, dean of the School of Health Sciences at the University of New Haven.

Instead of getting paid the DRG rate, a hospital that admits a coronavirus patient will receive 20 percent more compensation than they would for providing that same care to a non-coronavirus patient.

"Imagine two Medicare patients, one with COVID-19 and another one not, with pneumonia in the same ICU. Medicare will pay, for example, $10,000 for the pneumonia patient who doesn't have COVID-19 and $12,000 for the patient who does," he surmised. "The rationale is that this provides a sort of rough justice method of making sure that hospitals that get a lot of COVID-19 patients also get extra money from the government."

As for the Kaiser information, it is called "capitation" and is not unique to Kaiser, most HMOs pay their medical groups this way (a fixed amount per insured person).

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with Kaiser so again false just check your facts next time I don’t say that my pontoon goes 80 miles an hour when it has a small block pretty much the same correlation here

I was simply pointing out that hospitals are getting paid more for COVID patients but I agreed with you that Kaiser does not get any of it, and I described why. Nothing false about anything I have said.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kaiser Foots the bill, tell us all here how Cares pays for it ?
THEY HAVE NOT
News flash
Do you work for CARES, or a health care provider ?
Or just post articles ?

Please go back and read what I wrote. CARES does not pay Kaiser or any other capitated plan. CARES pays providers and hospitals 20% extra for COVID treatments of Medicare patients. And, Kaiser does not foot the bill, its members do. As for the articles, you asked for sources.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Wrong
Kaiser foots the bill as an organization

And as for “BS “ COVID label deaths

If ANY inmate has a first hand story with a Kaiser COVID death that was done to get “extra Money”

Send me a PM

Chances are I can get some more clarification of a said contested “Covid” death

The Horse’s mouth is usually a tad more factual than hearsay
Dude, who said Kaiser except you? Chill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrong
Kaiser foots the bill as an organization

And as for “BS “ COVID label deaths

If ANY inmate has a first hand story with a Kaiser COVID death that was done to get “extra Money”

Send me a PM

Chances are I can get some more clarification of a said contested “Covid” death

The Horse’s mouth is usually a tad more factual than hearsay

The OP was commenting that hospitals get paid more for COVID deaths and I shared some detail on why and how much. You brought up Kaiser. And I have said now multiple times, Kaiser does not get any extra money.

buck35

Reaction score
Interesting .LR2 , why the right here? You're a cop and this is a federal scam you vehemently deny.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Interesting .LR2 , why the right here? You're a cop and this is a federal scam you vehemently deny.
I think someone very close to him works for Kaiser

HBCraig

Reaction score
From what I have been told the hospital does get money or a subsidy for each covid case. My SIL I a charge nurse at a big hospital (that I won't name)

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I just knew there would be a Covid virus emoji hoping to find one with popcorn...following ,cause i've heard the same thing re big bucks to hospitals , follow the money

Attachments

• coronavirus.png
    coronavirus.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 55

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
From what I have been told the hospital does get money or a subsidy for each covid case. My SIL I a charge nurse at a big hospital (that I won't name)
This is what i have heard from a neighbor who is a ER nurse. and more subsidies if put on a ventilator. But what do i know, it's all hearsay.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I give no fuks about Kaiser but I will tell you FOR A FACT that "hospitals" are getting paid for COVID-19 patients and deaths! And this comes from the horses mouth, the head of one of our local hospitals!! FACT!!

So unless you are "the head" you may not get the correct info cause its definitely not "public knowledge"! FACT!!

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Facts and truth don’t get to picked as an R or D side
K P has several hundred thousand insured
At least 8k have died in their So cal hospitals
The fact they have not received a single cent needs to be said

Do some small , crummy hospitals screw deaths ? Like screwed up small agencies in all professions , sure could be

I have direct access to KP on a large scale, the numbers and reimbursements (none), don’t lie.
It’s just like my Department: I’ll tell you where we did wrong but I won’t allow BS lies be tossed around and just let them sit there to be taken as truth.

Make no mistake , telling the truth can put a man in a desolate spot.

All good, been here awhile lol

Well let's see some evidence of these facts? Or are we just supposed to take your word for it? Because last I heard the bomb squad has no access to a hospitals financial record🤷🏻‍♂️ definitely curious!

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
My

Sorry Son
My connection is over about , 30 heads of Hospitals in So Cal and HI
But F KP, only one of the biggest groups of Hospitals on the west coast

hearsay
Vs people actually doing the job

Kind of like an Armchair Quartetback group of Police Use of Force experts on this thread , with the same amount of those that have actually done the job

Some RDP threads Just need to circle jerk out

have fun

Did you not read what I wrote? I was told by the head of one of our hospitals that they where getting paid for COVID-19 patients! I have no clue about KP but KP is not what this thread was about! And why is your info any better than mine? FFS get a grip man!

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
My

Sorry Son
My connection is over about , 30 heads of Hospitals in So Cal and HI
But F KP, only one of the biggest groups of Hospitals on the west coast

hearsay
Vs people actually doing the job

Kind of like an Armchair Quartetback group of Police Use of Force experts on this thread , with the same amount of those that have actually done the job

Some RDP threads Just need to circle jerk out

have fun

And DONT CALL ME SON!! You are not my father!! So take your tantrum and GTFO

Find someone else to bully!!🖕

LowRiver2

Reaction score
As of 2021 there are 6,090 hospitals in the U.S. 38 of those are Kaiser...
And none of the ones in so cal have got a dime
Even fixed my numbers for you cupcake
your point ?

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
And if your sooo smart then why do I know of 5 people that passed and COD was COVID-19 and they where never even tested? Hell one drowned in the river!! Can you explain that since you know so much about it. I have told these scenarios on here so I'm not going to type them out again! So can you enlighten me as to why? @LowRiver2

dribble

Reaction score
My brother's friend died last May in Chicago while having been on a ventilator for five days. They ran four different Covid tests. All were negative. The cause of was determined to be pulmonary failure caused by complications of HIV. Covid was not listed as a cause.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
I talk about facts and not saying one bad apple means the whole apple truck is totaled.

Your analogy is backward.. sounds like maybe a whole semi full of bad apples and there might be one good on in there🤷🏻‍♂️

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I got no dog in this hunt but there is a skunk here cuz this shit (thread) stinks...

An analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation looked at average Medicare payments for hospital admissions for the existing diagnosis-related groups and noted that the “average Medicare payment for respiratory infections and inflammations with major comorbidities or complications in 2017 … was $13,297. For more severe hospitalizations, we use the average Medicare payment for a respiratory system diagnosis with ventilator support for greater than 96 hours, which was $40,218.”

It is true, however, that the government will pay more to hospitals for COVID-19 cases in two senses: By paying an additional 20% on top of traditional Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients during the public health emergency, and by reimbursing hospitals for treating the uninsured patients with the disease (at that enhanced Medicare rate).

Both of those provisions stem from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, or CARES Act.

The CARES Act created the 20% add-on to be paid for Medicare patients with COVID-19. The act further created a $100 billion fund that is being used to financially assist hospitals — a “portion” of which will be “used to reimburse healthcare providers, at Medicare rates, for COVID-related treatment of the uninsured,” according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

As the Kaiser analysis noted, though, “it is unclear whether the new fund will be able to cover the costs of the uninsured in addition to other needs, such as the purchase of medical supplies and the construction of temporary facilities.”

Above from: https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/

PS: I support LEOs but don't appreciate when they or anyone can't discuss issues and provide facts

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Cute article
No one has been paid
Carry on, facts were provided , it’s cool to kick a can with falsehoods.
Makes some feel better
So be it

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Whatever fits the conspiracy theory
You do you

WOW.. so now my info is a conspiracy theory? Even though it comes directly from someone that has been dealing with this from day 1? Why? Because it didnt come from you?

You need to climb back on your rocker because obviously you fell off!

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Cute article
No one has been paid
Makes some feel better
So be it

THEN POST SOME PERTINENT INFO TO PROVE YOUR CASE!

If not your info is no different than anyone else's on here "Orical II"

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Kaiser daily spread sheet?
Sorry can’t post it
But if you want to believe I’m a liar go for it.
KP has never been paid
Show the article they have
I already asked , no one posted it up
Game over
Oracle , actually
And no, first hand with my “oracle” 🤣

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Kaiser daily spread sheet?
Sorry can’t post it
But if you want to believe I’m a liar go for it.
KP has never been paid
Show the article they have
I already asked , no one posted it up
Game over
Oracle , actually
And no, first hand with my “oracle” 🤣

So I am just supposed to take "your word" for it while you call mine "conspiracy theory".. noted!

You are the one that made this thread in to something about KP. Last I knew there was ALOT more to the USA than SoCal🤷🏻‍♂️ just sayin?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
This entire thing has been exploited in dozens of ways, by countless interests, ranging from good to scammy, to down right malevolent.

It should be perfectly obvious to anyone paying attention at this point. Covid doesn't scare me, what the government and system are using it to exploit does.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Cute article
No one has been paid
Makes some feel better
So be it
No facts have been provided by either side. Your falsehoods carry the same weight as everyone else’s tbh......come correct with receipts

LowRiver2

Reaction score

So I am just supposed to take "your word" for it while you call mine "conspiracy theory".. noted!

You are the one that made this thread in to something about KP. Last I knew there was ALOT more to the USA than SoCal🤷🏻‍♂️ just sayin?
40k patients , over 8k Covid patients
0 reimbursement, and that’s with several thousand extra Medicare patients thrown in that were supposed to be compensated
Never.happened
It’s a fact and gets silly reading hearsay posts from inmates about hospitals making tons of money vs having spouses at reigns that see what’s actually happening money wise

again
The easy road is to kick the can

Bear Down

Reaction score
Always been an LR2 Fan...

But as Joe Public, no one does anything for free.. KP or any hospital. No profitable elective surgeries allowed? They need to make $ somehow and doing Covid type of services and all the OT employees are doing and getting paid for (I think you mentioned in a thread $38k in taxes due to OT) due to covid related treatment, is coming from somewhere. What benefit would hospitals have in declaring a death Covid when they dont get extra $? Public record shows KP took a big hit in Q1 in 2020... kinda jives with what LR2 says... but let's see what the $s #s are after everything is cleared up.. no facts to back up my thoughts, just an opinion of what I see and hear. Carry on..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk