WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

For the K5 Blazer fans.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Guy at work has a 72 that was taken to the last nut and bolt. It’s beautiful. Have to ask what he paid.
Buddy of mine got left all of this guys cars when he died. Owed him money. Mostly junk worthless shit. He was tired of dealing with it and said duck it. I said no, we have to check each one and go through everything. The last one was a Taurus in a garage in n Hollywood. We went , it wasn’t a Taurus, it was a Mustang with 329 miles on it. Problem is it’s the “wrong” year.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I've never owned a post smog hot rod vehicle. How does the state handle a LS swap in a 1980 K5? Any year pre cats would probably be ideal I would think. I have considered this route for my daughter as she likes trucks and is currently 13.

BAR requires what ever emissions were on the donor to be put on the older vehicle. The Evap is the biggest pain in the ass as you have to have the right fuel sending unit for the computer can know when to run evap. I am going through this now with an 88 dually I have I put a 6.0 4l80e combo in. Burns cleaner than the old set up ever did but have to jump through the hoops to appease the smog nazis.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I didn't go 4 link. I went with new springs, swaybar, shackles, and bilstein 5125 schocks.

The stock suspension is a pile of shit. I want to make her an all around daily driver with the LS and still mob her offroading when I go riding.

I already have the bimini for the back. When I start working on the truck in a few months, I'll take the shell off the back so I can drop top.

Do the crossover steering with the ram assist. the best thing you can do for these..

bonesfab

Reaction score
Mine before and after.
1C37788E-6E58-481F-BFDD-0F0DABC6960E.jpeg
3CB9BC1E-DF80-45D7-9EE5-9000C69D8DCE.jpeg

707dog

Reaction score
Lol you think K5 priceless are funny check out the chevy impala market 58-65 if you want to have a laugh

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Haha love the train horn! Your buddies ride is pretty epic! What's it got under the hood?

rrrr

Reaction score
Years ago I was talking to a gentleman who restores classic Ferraris. I’ll never forget what he said....... the worst thing you can do to a car is let it sit. Everything corrodes and deteriorates from the inside.

I found this to be true when I became exposed to high end restorations as I worked at the race shop here in Dallas. There are several Ferraris in Charles's collection.

When the Ferrari 250 GTO was purchased and went into restoration at Sargent Metalworks in Vermont, it appeared to be in excellent condition. Scott Sargent is recognized as one of the best restorers in the world, particularly with Bugattis and Ferraris.

In the eighteen months Scott had the car, hundreds of small items were addressed to make it as close to original as possible. It was completely disassembled, and every single part, down to the smallest bolt, was assessed. The number of these small items that needed individual attention was an eye opener.

Representatives from Ferrari Classiche, the division of Ferrari that inspects Ferraris, certifies them as original and suitable for racing and also performs customer restorations, inspected the car at Sargent. The inspection included ultrasound and x-ray imaging of suspension parts to verify their originality and suitability for the rigors of racing.

When the car was done, the first big show it was entered in was the 2012 Cavallino Classic. It won the Competition Ferrari Best of Show award. It is among just three or four 250 GTOs that are estimated to be worth more than $100 million.

The highest price paid for a 250 GTO is thought to be the 2018 purchase of Chassis #4153GT by David MacNeil, founder of WeatherTech. The amount was somewhere between $70 million and $80 million. Almost all of the owners of the thirty six 250 GTOs that were built between 1962 and 1964 are billionaires.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
Just going to throw this out there , If this rig is in portland and at a chevy musclecar car type dealership owned by a guy named Mark and headed to auction , I would believe very little to be true..If not at that dealership then no comment..Said portland dealerhip has been known to " How you say ,Stamp a number here or there ?" to make a matching car MATCH !

Do they have a giant photo studio where they are taking those pics or something?

The guy offering the Blazer has a long history of selling low mileage classics on BAT. His reputation is clean. Photos of his cars are usually taken in a studio.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Haha love the train horn! Your buddies ride is pretty epic! What's it got under the hood?

6.0 ls and a 4l80e. We just put a Holey Terminator on it to ditch the factory ecu. Now he decided to put an intake on it so I am waiting for that to come in.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Lol you think K5 priceless are funny check out the chevy impala market 58-65 if you want to have a laugh

I have a 1959 impala convertible in the shop we are doing some work on. Stupid money on these things. One of my friends has 6-8 58-64 that he plays with. More low riders but over the top detailed. He had a 57 convert he sold for 150k. Some rapper had to have it.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
The guy offering the Blazer has a long history of selling low mileage classics on BAT. His reputation is clean. Photos of his cars are usually taken in a studio.

They are great people! The photographer is a high school buddy of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Wish I never sold my square body. Never ever left me stranded. My 2015 is a piece of shit. Always having issues and stranded twice on the way to havasu. New trucks suck.
The sad thing is your new truck isn’t new. It’s 6 years old. Way past it’s prime. It’s like computers these days . Out dated next week. Except it’s a mortgage payment to own

rrrr

Reaction score
I have a 1959 impala convertible in the shop we are doing some work on. Stupid money on these things. One of my friends has 6-8 58-64 that he plays with. More low riders but over the top detailed. He had a 57 convert he sold for 150k. Some rapper had to have it.

I'd love to own a Roman Red '59 convertible. I marvel at those wings, it's amazing they were able to stretch the metal on the halves in a single press hit.

Where are the mating lines on the rear quarters? Is the tail light bucket a separate piece?

1614236676499.png

707dog

Reaction score
I'd love to own a Roman Red '59 convertible. I marvel at those wings, it's amazing they were able to stretch the metal on the lower half in a single press hit.

View attachment 976333
it will probably only cost ya low to mid six figures, i saved up 46k for convertible 62 impala but the market changed so fast in 2 months i am now 20k plus short with new prices:mad:🤬

WildWilly

Reaction score

ok so he's got about 2+/- inches from the pad to the bumps, I'm literally at a 1/2 inch off the pad, and I've got more lift. One thing I notice right off is the upper link arm is curved, which is what I wish the shop did. Because of that in relation to the frame at full bump, thats how I ended up with the lift and lack of up travel. I like how the sway bar is done, when they originaly did mine it was out on the horns and at full dropp the passenger side link would hit the steering cross arm pretty bad. we ended up moving the sway bar to rear, right behind the axle and running on top of the frame rails and seems to work well.

I also like the shock towers how they come off the side and up, probably to clear the master and move them more outboard, and with less lift. Mine are from the top of the frame, whch the cut down to clear the master, and again, gave it more lift than I wanted.

I'm pretty sure I'll be cutting it all off this summer and starting over. we'll see

69hondo

Reaction score
I am square body fan. I have my dads 76 C10 he bought brand new in 76. I had a slammed 88 crewcab dually. I would love a K5 but just like most things in todays age they are crazy priced. Should of kept my crew cab.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Insanity... I know you love yours but dang... might wanna consider loading it on that auction with a reserve just to see what it'd bring. Just gotta have the number you'd part with it established.

707dog

Reaction score
You know what that means, everyone with a full size blazer is rubbing their hands... show me the money
I always like the 73-75 2wd but rarely see them for sale

beerrun

Reaction score
A guy here in town has maybe 4-5 72 blazers just sitting in his yard and from the road they don't look too bad

WildWilly

Reaction score
even though the 4WD isn't technically done I've already started the search for my 2WD. I really want a full top but I know the odds are slim, so I'm contemplating cutting a later model since I don't plan to run any top either way. But damn true 2WD's are hard to come by in decent shape.

@bonesfab have you ever checked out the no limit chassis? I've been kicking around just going that route from the get go and do it right ground up

bonesfab

Reaction score
even though the 4WD isn't technically done I've already started the search for my 2WD. I really want a full top but I know the odds are slim, so I'm contemplating cutting a later model since I don't plan to run any top either way. But damn true 2WD's are hard to come by in decent shape.

@bonesfab have you ever checked out the no limit chassis? I've been kicking around just going that route from the get go and do it right ground up

I have not looked into them. too rich for my blood. Chassis do make cars drive nice though

Cdog

Reaction score
A guy here in town has maybe 4-5 72 blazers just sitting in his yard and from the road they don't look too bad

Where's this?

I knew of a guy about 10 years ago here in Mesa that had an old collection. They were kinda rough though. I had my eye on the 4 speed one.

beerrun

Reaction score
Where's this?

I knew of a guy about 10 years ago here in Mesa that had an old collection. They were kinda rough though. I had my eye on the 4 speed one.
Ramona

Cdog

Reaction score
I bought this 79 last year and did a quick rebuild during quarantine. It was rough when I got it but couldn't pass up the deal. It will eventually get an LS/6L80E and 4 link front and rear. View attachment 977626 View attachment 977627 View attachment 977628

A family friend had almost this exact same blazer with a built 454 in it. We did overnighters quail hunting and 4x4'd all over Jawbone canyon in it. Nearly froze our ass off in it once during a pop up snow storm and did a 360 in it on the S bound 5 at 70 mph trying to get home. Good memories....

FishSniper

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested I may be looking to sell my 1983 K5 Blazer I bought from a member on here last year. Haven’t listed it yet but figured I’d post in this thread to see if anyone is looking before I post it. Runs and drives I’m just not using it as planned as I moved my truck to Havasu so haven’t needed it to tow the boat around. If anyone interested shoot me a PM.