WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No more masks in restaurants / Mohave county

DWC

Reaction score
Awesome. At least the servers don’t have to wear the stupid fake masks now. Cracks me up when the CDC wants to have double/triple masks. 3 of those glitter masks are still nothing.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
About damn time. We are a long way from that in CA. Was just in Staterbros and was reprimanded by the manager and told I had to put one on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dettom

Reaction score
I’m one of those who never complied with the mask thing. Among my many comebacks when other people try to shame me; My body, my choice. When they ask if I care about others, “yes, just not you”. When they say, “you shoulda wore a mask before coming here!” ; yup, and your dad shoulda wore a condom”. (That one really sets them off).. Fuk these Orwellian Karens and their masks.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m one of those who never complied with the mask thing. Among my many comebacks when other people try to shame me; My body, my choice. When they ask if I care about others, “yes, just not you”. When they say, “you shoulda wore a mask before coming here!” ; yup, and your dad shoulda wore a condom”. (That one really sets them off).. Fuk these Orwellian Karens and their masks.

lol..

“I love playing pretend! Ok, if you can pretend that mask works you can also pretend I’m wearing one!”

Dalton

Reaction score
Can I have a link to an article? At a place now and they don’t believe me- Nautical/Turtle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

DLC

Reaction score
We went there but if your not a local regular customer, you get forgot about.... we tried it twice on different days and a month apart.

im not sure how you become a regular when they don’t serve ya....

FreeBird236

Reaction score
We went there but if your not a local regular customer, you get forgot about.... we tried it twice on different days and a month apart.

im not sure how you become a regular when they don’t serve ya....
I certainly can't defend that. We're not regulars anymore, maybe every 3-4 months, but haven't had that problem. It was crazy busy @ 9:00am, signed in and it took about 10 minutes to be seated, once seated waitress was very good and polite.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Never an issue! I used to hit it up every time in town when it was uncle Kenny’s.

DLC

Reaction score
We sat down looked at the menu and 2 other 2 person people came in sat down got drinks and food and left before us and they got all talking and chatting to the server they all knew everyone by name. It was a little uncomfortable as we just sat there waiting.

It happens. But twice.... won’t be a 3 rd time!
It sucks because they are just down the street from us also.

This wasn’t prime time more like 11-11:30 the other 2 couple were getting lunch.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I try hard not to have expectations higher than a giraffes ass and most times I leave satisfied from wherever I go to eat.
I personally don't enjoy the high end restaurants that constantly interrupt me during my meal to make sure all is good and "highly encourage" us to buy another one or two $80 desserts that are the size of a Halloween candy.
I'm just not that finicky. Just bring me my grub and let me actually enjoy the F'n $180 Kobe 8oz piece of beef so it doesn't get cold during your gawddamn dessert sales pitch.😄

Taboma

Reaction score
I certainly can't defend that. We're not regulars anymore, maybe every 3-4 months, but haven't had that problem. It was crazy busy @ 9:00am, signed in and it took about 10 minutes to be seated, once seated waitress was very good and polite.

Been going there forever, but not regulars by any means, they've always been prompt with extremely friendly, upbeat attitudes.

D19

Reaction score
Nice! Only one place asked me to put one on (Casa Serrano) and I hate that place anyways. The host was rude about it so we walked out and went to Mojave Steakhouse. This post made me feel really good about my choice to move there full-time!

thmterry

Reaction score
Nice! Only one place asked me to put one on (Casa Serrano) and I hate that place anyways. The host was rude about it so we walked out and went to Mojave Steakhouse. This post made me feel really good about my choice to move there full-time!
How was the food Mojave Steakhouse?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Mojave Steakhouse.
Lobster and baked potato great and good service.
No masks.
Plain storefront strip mall atmosphere. Expensive.
Steak chili. Cookoff winner:
4FD8AD8B-0CFB-43CA-B74E-30FC051C8E27.jpeg
09B8FD8D-0BE8-41D2-8561-F1C7F611F982.jpeg

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Can I have a link to an article? At a place now and they don’t believe me- Nautical/Turtle

The turtle bar has been the most extreme mask nazi location imo.
They lost me for good, not because of solely the mask policy, but rather their seemingly suicidal approach to it.

Most places I go in Havasu MIGHT still have spaced seating at most.
The turtle is still full blown roped entrance, main turtle bar closed, no approaching the side bar to order and on and on.
Basically, they suck.

Dalton

Reaction score
They lost me for good, not because of solely the mask policy, but rather their seemingly suicidal approach to it.

The turtle is still full blown roped entrance, main turtle bar closed, no approaching the side bar to order and on and on.
Basically, they suck.

Yeah I was at the outdoor bar, standing in front of my chair at the bar, and because my butt wasn’t in contact with the chair, I was asked to put my mask back on.

DWC

Reaction score

Basically, they suck.
It’s too bad what they’ve done to that place. It’s the best location in Havasu and they’ve let it go. Service, food quality and cleanliness are spotty at best. We drive past it and go to Boat House instead. I’d rather get a good burger and a cold beer and stare at the road.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It’s too bad what they’ve done to that place. It’s the best location in Havasu and they’ve let it go. Service, food quality and cleanliness are spotty at best. We drive past it and go to Boat House instead. I’d rather get a good burger and a cold beer and stare at the road.

I’ve only been in Havasu a year and a half, and even before Covid I could see the rapid decline.

about a year ago I met a couple members there one night.
One had never been there.
He said “why is everyplace in town packed but this place isn’t?”

Told him “because this is the last resort when everyplace is full”.

Ive had some really good times outdoor at the bar for sure! But after the fiasco the last few times I’ve gone I can’t see going back.

Reactions: DWC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Do they have crab legs ?
Not when we rolled in.
Good crab cakes though.
Full Menu available all day.

We sit in the bar area. Bar stools available and tables. Allison pours our drinks and serves. Shes outstanding.

WildWilly

Reaction score
the only places in Havasu that said no mask no service is Big 5 and Chipotle, they seriously told me to leave with no mask. Otherwise, no other place in town has told me I had to have one in months

Slick

Reaction score
I haven’t been able to find anything on the county site regarding this. Went to Legendz on Tuesday. Still has the mask ordinance on the door and staff are wearing masks. Went to Flying X, (same owners) Bar is now wide open and staff not wearing masks.

jones performance

Reaction score
the only places in Havasu that said no mask no service is Big 5 and Chipotle, they seriously told me to leave with no mask. Otherwise, no other place in town has told me I had to have one in months

rilabertos by food city as well told us to leave for no mask. same with in n out.