WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WALMART!!

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Our Walmart's don't sell alcohol. Only one person watching the self serve. They employ less since min wage was increased here. Its not just Walmart, fast food employs less too.
Oh ya, we were in Saskatoon and went for groceries. Asked where the beer was and it's a separate store.
People were going out with shopping carts full of booze as if it was on sale.
I had sticker shock. Thought I would have to take out a loan just for a case of beer lol

DWC

Reaction score
On a side note our Walmart has moved into the adult toy offerings. They have about 5 different ones on an end cap in the pharmacy area. One looks like it could do some damage.
Guess they’re like scissors? Never run while holding one.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I just went in one today outside Victorville, Vodka and boxers , Mother Fucker both behind glass , Ok on vodka I waited but boxers behind glass 🤬 took the Vodka and ran . T shirts boxers socks belts all behind glass .

dribble

Reaction score
I laugh at this shit. Anyone who thinks places like Walmart will hold prices and eat the wage increase are crazy. It goes right into the cost of goods. So guess what? Your $15/hr salary will buy you the same amount of shit you were buying with 8/hr. You want to make more then get a better job. Jeez

The Wal Marts around here already pay $13.00 an hour so I'm thinking there wont be a substantial difference in prices.

Reactions: DWC

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve been in a Wal-Mart in the last 12 years. 🤷‍♂️

I used to feel that it was necessary for the Low Prices, but the Trade Off is Not worth it. Damn People, change out of your Sleepware, run a comb across your head, AFTER SHOWERING.o_O

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My mother-in-law worked at Walmart for over 25 years. Never got above zone manager as that would mean she would have to be an assistant manager and would lose her Monday through Friday schedule and didn't want to deal with it. Now Walmart has apparently realized that they could run more like Target in the employee structure and has eliminated most zone managers. So again, instead of moving up in rank, and pay, and keeping a job, she left and got a moderate severance package. Now she's not too sure why its so hard for a person in their 50's that have only had retail experience to find a job that pays more than minimum wage. Everything that she is going through right now I tried to warn her about.

BTW, Walmart offers pretty good health insurance for its full time employees as well as a lot of advancement opportunities, bonuses, profit sharing in the form of stock, etc. Everybody wants to just look at the $ amount but nothing else that goes with it. Also, since they are EVERYWHERE, its very easy to transfer and relocate when the time comes.

Reactions: DWC

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
When you get hired at Walmart there are instructions in the welcome package on how to apply for government assistance to make up for the lack of wages they pay. We subsidize Walmart employees with welfare so the richest family in America can get richer, a higher minimum wage could get these people off welfare and the Waltons will still make tons of $$$.

Can I have that package when you're done with it? Thanks bro.

👍