WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

$15 min. wage = more tax for gov....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I was having this discussion... trying to explain what they are really doing here...lets say you make 8 per hr, 320 per week @ 50 weeks...that's about 16k per yr,... with standard deduction of 12'500 , leaves 3500 @ 10 % = $350 tax due.... most everyone gets a refund in this bracket....now lets jump you to 15 per hr. now you're @ 640 per week. and 32,000 per year, - $12,500 = leaves 19500 = about $2200 tax due (10% on 9700, and 12% for the rest..) so now, the gov jumps from collecting $350 per person to collecting $ 2200 per person...but thats not all, S S will collect double...

but wait, there's more , lots more... it cost about 30% in payroll tax's to the employer.... so. a 16k per year employee cost about $ 4,800 in payroll tax... so jump to 32k per year, that means the employer will have to pay 9,600, so uncle Sams get an extra 4800 per person, add the extra 2200 from employee ,.... thats 7k per person , per yr!!!!!!!!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I was having this discussion... trying to explain what they are really doing here...lets say you make 8 per hr, 320 per week @ 50 weeks...that's about 16k per yr,... with standard deduction of 12'500 , leaves 3500 @ 10 % = $350 tax due.... most everyone gets a refund in this bracket....now lets jump you to 15 per hr. now you're @ 640 per week. and 32,000 per year, - $12,500 = leaves 19500 = about $2200 tax due (10% on 9700, and 12% for the rest..) so now, the gov jumps from collecting $350 per person to collecting $ 2200 per person...but thats not all, S S will collect double...

but wait, there's more , lots more... it cost about 30% in payroll tax's to the employer.... so. a 16k per year employee cost about $ 4,800 in payroll tax... so jump to 32k per year, that means the employer will have to pay 9,600, so uncle Sams get an extra 4800 per person, add the extra 2200 from employee ,.... thats 7k per person , per yr!!!!!!!!

Yep I agree 1000%

thebiz

Reaction score
Not to mention a lot of the unions have in their contracts that their wages must be a certain percentage above minimum wage; wonder who is truly finding this push? automatic raises without one single argument

Now run those tax numbers.

Stupidity is to think raising the wage won’t increase the sale price of consumer goods.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Not to mention a lot of the unions have in their contracts that their wages must be a certain percentage above minimum wage; wonder who is truly finding this push? automatic raises without one single argument

Now run those tax numbers.

Stupidity is to think raising the wage won’t increase the sale price of consumer goods.
BUT WAIT!!!!! there's more... every thing will double..... and that means they collect double the sales tax.....

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
But I thought more businesses would cut back staff or go to part time employees? Lot of fast foods are now kiosk only with no cashiers so even though the government may be in line to collect more tax dollars the workforce will be significantly diminished and the cost of the minimum wage increase will be passed on to consumers so really it is everyday middle class who will suffer the most.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
That's a good point but everything has gone up 10 times in cost since the min wage was $1.50.
$15 is no BFD.
I don't think it'll hurt anyone. Business doesn't hire because they want to, they hire because they have to. It'll all work out.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That's a good point but everything has gone up 10 times in cost since the min wage was $1.50.
$15 is no BFD.
I don't think it'll hurt anyone. Business doesn't hire because they want to, they hire because they have to. It'll all work out.

Not quite that simple. $15 leaves tons of people without jobs. They will be replaced by automation.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I was once taught.

You want more money go earn more money.

So far so good.

fast99

Reaction score
When Seattle went to $15 those who were on other government support had some of it reduced because of the income increase. They asked for reduced hours to keep the same support.

For those in favor of the increase why not go to 40 or 50 $ an hour? Let them make real money. Answer is all sorts on economic issues will occur.

With my skill set and decades of experience it would tick me off to see starting wages at $15. I make quite a bit more than that but everything I buy will likely cost more and my wages aren't increasing. So with a middle class income the minimum wage increase is a cut. I don't think people see that.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Not quite that simple. $15 leaves tons of people without jobs. They will be replaced by automation.
The kids we know that work at Walmart aren’t concerned about more pay - they want more hours.
They announced recently they’ll be starting pay at $15.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
When Seattle went to $15 those who were on other government support had some of it reduced because of the income increase. They asked for reduced hours to keep the same support.

For those in favor of the increase why not go to 40 or 50 $ an hour? Let them make real money. Answer is all sorts on economic issues will occur.

With my skill set and decades of experience it would tick me off to see starting wages at $15. I make quite a bit more than that but everything I buy will likely cost more and my wages aren't increasing. So with a middle class income the minimum wage increase is a cut. I don't think people see that.

I remember reading that nearly all SeaTac minimum wage employees lost whatever bennies they had overnight.
Went from full time less than $15 an hour with health ins to less than full time at $15 an hour and zero benefits.

If I recall they were squawking in amazement at the fallout.

squeezer

Reaction score

Most of our Asia based production facilities have been pushing automation programs for 8 years now. Our numbers have the BEP right around $3.25/Hr...

The moral of the story, If you have a job that can be automated it will be.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Most of our Asia based production facilities have been pushing automation programs for 8 years now. Our numbers have the BEP right around $3.25/Hr...

The moral of the story, If you have a job that can be automated it will be.

I dub thee “oracle junior”...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
That is likely the highest compliment you could pay be around here...

I’m sure you approve.
The lack of morals, absence of concern for the people you claim to champion, and your elimination of jobs in search of the highest bottom line is key to your advancement towards soulless globalist ghoul
Once you learn hatred as a motivator, and the ability to purposely germinate enemies, you will be ready.
To your credit, you have a good head start due to your support of pedophellia, disbelief in a universal entity, and on top of it all as a father of young girls, your acceptance and support of the molestation of children gives you bonus points!
Congrats.
Chase your dreams baby.

fast99

Reaction score
What gets me is people want high pay, slog around at 1/2 speed, take breaks through out the day, have a bad attitude, know next to nothing, think they know everything and either won't listen to instruction or have no memory. Many can't pass a drug test. It isn't just where I work either. Have talked to other shop owners it is the same everywhere.

Down the road good luck getting your vehicle fixed.