WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Another Skater? Bigger, smaller?
A home for wayward PSI superchargers?

Negative Ghost Rider. This is my first and last Skater. I tend to keep boats 10-12 years. This one will get me the rest of the way.

The build thread I've mentioned, won't be mine. Just read between the lines. :rolleyes:

I highly doubt I will ever fiddle with the power. The insurance is too marginal on these and I won't push the issue. Besides, I don't need to go 150 or more.
[/QUOTE]
Until you go 130 in a 368 across lake Havasu and find that 130 in that boat feels like your still tied to the dock...haha!

Congrats. Beautiful boat man!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Until you find that 130 in that boat feels like your still tied to the dock...haha!
[/QUOTE]

now that is a "perspective" most people will not get to have!!

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Until you find that 130 in that boat feels like your still tied to the dock...haha!

now that is a "perspective" most people will not get to have!!
[/QUOTE]
True, unless you have ridden in something like this 368, you'll never understand how a hull with this size and performance can make 130mph feel like a casual cruise down the lake. Especially behind the wind shield.

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
non-slip.jpg

cockpit1.jpg

Applying non-slip clear to the bustle steps. Dash looks pretty well done. @McKay

Steve Combs

Reaction score
Another Skater? Bigger, smaller?
A home for wayward PSI superchargers?

Negative Ghost Rider. This is my first and last Skater. I tend to keep boats 10-12 years. This one will get me the rest of the way.

The build thread I've mentioned, won't be mine. Just read between the lines. :rolleyes:

I highly doubt I will ever fiddle with the power. The insurance is too marginal on these and I won't push the issue. Besides, I don't need to go 150 or more.
[/QUOTE]
10-12 yrs......hmmm with depreciation and all this bad bitch might never leave Peoria or the neighborhood lol !

FreeBird236

Reaction score

10-12 yrs......hmmm with depreciation and all this bad bitch might never leave Peoria or the neighborhood lol !
[/QUOTE]
Congrats on your future Skater.😀

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
The Red seems to be lighter than the prior pics.

Skater368

Reaction score
The Red seems to be lighter than the prior pics.

I dunno? Maybe just the angle. Should all be the same. There is an Alcantera brow for the dash already made for it also.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I will have a covered slip for this beast ANYTIME you want to visit LOTO. I would gladly give up my lift on my dock for this incredible machine. My turd can stay in the water in the other covered slip.
Congrats

Skater368

Reaction score
I will have a covered slip for this beast ANYTIME you want to visit LOTO. I would gladly give up my lift on my dock for this incredible machine. My turd can stay in the water in the other covered slip.
Congrats

Thank you for your generous offer. I likely won't make it out there this year. I have a three week International Bike race in August/September. We may come out to look at homes in the fall. I'd hope to have a house there for next season.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Wow!!
Thats all I got.

Question though, from your avatar, seating for 8? Is that a norm on these larger boats? I like the two outer front seat layout. along with everything else of course! I can't wait to see this thing floating, and on that tilt trailer.

Skater368

Reaction score
Wow!!
Thats all I got.

Question though, from your avatar, seating for 8? Is that a norm on these larger boats? I like the two outer front seat layout. along with everything else of course! I can't wait to see this thing floating, and on that tilt trailer.

That rendering is using a standard template of a 388. Mine is obviously a 368 and I didn't want an 8 man cockpit. To do the 8 man seating, they widen the cockpit I think 7 or 8 inches. That just adds cost and reduces gunnel walking room. I don't need to have 8 people in the thing anyway. It will mostly be just the three of us.

I was just getting ready to vote on your renderings. I like #3 myself. But as I stated before, do it the way YOU want it.

And I think at this point you should move in down here with a new build thread for it.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
@v6toy4x To add, the more builds going on down here, the more traffic it will get.

On its way! I will wait until I get a confirmation on when it is headed into the mold.
I want to say you are picking up this month? Yes?

Skater368

Reaction score
will it make it to DS in time?

Should be? I was planning to drive back to Douglas March 13th. We've pushed it back one week. So the plan is to leave Peoria, Saturday the 20th and be home probably the ~27th-28th. Nice thing about pushing it a week is the weather will be better every week later it gets. My plan is a couple shakedown trips to Lake Pleasant here, before we leave for Havasu on April 11th.

jnmn

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. See you out in Havasu. I wont be back to the factory again till Mid April, so I won't be able to check up on it anymore.
Folks are going to love it. the Pictures are great. but to see it up close is unbelievable! Mighty fine job Sir!

Skater368

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. See you out in Havasu. I wont be back to the factory again till Mid April, so I won't be able to check up on it anymore.
Folks are going to love it. the Pictures are great. but to see it up close is unbelievable! Mighty fine job Sir!

So you've seen it in person since paint? I have not. But get lots of pictures.

Very anxious to pull it out of the warehouse door and watch the sun light it up.

And Thank you.

Skater368

Reaction score
If it's not a personal or trade secret I'd be curious just what the non-skid application actually consists of. Paint on? Some kind of clear applique? I'm looking for options for the bow of my Formula in an effort to keep from bustin' my butt.

It was sprayed on. I'll ask them Monday what it is?

HST4ME

Reaction score
Looking forward to the road trip.

Skater368

Reaction score
Nope.
Thanks for the heads up.

I figure to roll into Douglas mid-late day Monday the 22nd. Be at the plant all day Tuesday then roll out on Wednesday.

HST4ME

Reaction score
I figure to roll into Douglas mid-late day Monday the 22nd. Be at the plant all day Tuesday then roll out on Wednesday.

I will see what I can do for some smoked snacks for your road trip back.

Skater368

Reaction score
On your visit out to Douglas, are they doing any trimming on it, or is that all already dialed in. Incredible looking of course, great to see the final shape starting to take place. 👍

Tony is 5'11", I'm 6'0". Tony sat in it and they trimmed it to his height. The 438 sitting next to it actually has a taller windshield than my boat. But great point, Skater trims them to each clients wishes.

Skater368

Reaction score
Is the windshield going to have a red trim?

I hope not 😬. My useless opinion. It should match the gauges amd other black trim that is on the boat.

I honestly have no idea and am not even going to find out. We'll all be surprised. I'm sure the decision has been made and I don't want to engage and possibly change it, adding time. It will be perfect. :)

Skater368

Reaction score
I'll add this, there's plenty of red already. I think it needs to be black as HGP3 says.