WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anybody know anything about comic book prices?

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Going through boxes you look through every 10 years. I think the last time I looked Star Wars 1 was worth money but the 35 cent one. I was never into comic books but bought these

67265416-C190-4ECB-866E-3373EEE9A6E5.jpeg
53DCE8B8-9457-4611-9203-2E14F5C65418.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Somewhere I got a box of .10c comic books. Superman, Batman, etc.

spectras only

Reaction score
Go to Pawn Stars in Vegas. You could be on TV and brag about it, hehe. Those guys would point out, condition condition. The one that printed 'First fantastic issue' might be worth something. 🤔

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Go to Pawn Stars in Vegas. You could be on TV and brag about it, hehe. Those guys would point out, condition condition. The one that printed 'First fantastic issue' might be worth something. 🤔
There was a comic book store next to petland across fron sunset station but when I went there last Saturday it was empty! Can’t go to Pawn Stars. My face would break the camera. :p

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Somewhere I got a box of .10c comic books. Superman, Batman, etc.
My dad has a lot of those 10 cent ones too. I have looked in price guides but there are so many different versions of comic books I never know if I am reading the right one.

AR33

Reaction score
The $.10 to $.12 comics, especially Marvel, are worth good money.
I’ve seen most go for anywhere between $45-$300. Spider-Man, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc... are selling like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X Hoser

Reaction score
The $.10 to $.12 comics, especially Marvel, are worth good money.
I’ve seen most go for anywhere between $45-$300. Spider-Man, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc... are selling like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m following this thread. Same as The Prisoner, I have a box of comics from the 60’s. Jug Head, Archie and other misc. comics. Also have newspaper front pages of significant events dating back to ???? probably Kennedy’s assasination? Also have a stamp collection my wife’s great-grandfather had. Where does one go to sell these types of things? Prefer not to use Craigslist, Ebay or Offerup.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Someone just gave my son 5 brand new sealed original never opened comic books from Marvel or something like that. He handed them to the kids....I grabbed them and said.....DO NOT open as this are worth a lot of money. I put them away for them.

In the early 90's I bought complete NBA sets as well as extras and put them away in binders. Lots of MJ, Bird, Magic, etc. My son still has them.

Did the same with some baseball but not much and not complete sets. Still has those as well.

One day this stuff will be worth something for sure. Right now I understand cards are gaining value quickly.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Someone just gave my son 5 brand new sealed original never opened comic books from Marvel or something like that. He handed them to the kids....I grabbed them and said.....DO NOT open as this are worth a lot of money. I put them away for them.

In the early 90's I bought complete NBA sets as well as extras and put them away in binders. Lots of MJ, Bird, Magic, etc. My son still has them.

Did the same with some baseball but not much and not complete sets. Still has those as well.

One day this stuff will be worth something for sure. Right now I understand cards are gaining value quickly.
Do you have this one? Haha. I do know from the guy I listen to on the radio baseball cards are insane. He even invests in unboxing of expensive boxes.

81Sprint

Reaction score
I'd be curious as well, i vacuumed sealed a bunch of my dad's old comic books from the early-mid 60's. I also have about 5000 baseball and football cards from mid 80's when i was a kid. Not sure where to get a reliable value

cxr

Reaction score
you guys can look up prices the internet and ebay... but from what i understand the comic book collecting took a huge dump about 10 years ago as the digital age tookoff.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Give Adrian at Teague's a call -- he's an expert.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
My uncle has about 10,000 comics and other memorabilia. Used to own a comic book store. You need to get them graded to get the real money. But it’s a tough market now for them. But I can see them coming back. It it does my uncles collection it’s worth big money.

outboard_256

Reaction score
also look into how much they are worth if they are not mint. You could have a expensive comic but if its in bad condition may not be worth much.