WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Galaxy note...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Do you have one? Do you like it?

Or is it TOO big for daily use?

And if you have one you want to sell, I'm interested...

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
They're kind of antiquated.

Like carburetors🤣

I like mine, S9 Note. Its not great for pockets but otherwise an awesome phone. I can run 2 days on a single charge with a lot of use. Im always scribbling shit on the note pad while hanging upside down in engine rooms.
Screenshot_20210313-220702_Samsung Notes.jpg

oldboatsrule

Reaction score
I have a note 20. It's too big to comfortabley carry in pant pockets. The camera is fantastic ! The price not so much. Get the note plus 100x zoom vs 30x for the standard
20210227_191011.jpg
20210303_155218.jpg

Pics taken from Signal Hill w/ 30x zoom

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have a note 20. It's too big to comfortabley carry in pant pockets. The camera is fantastic ! The price not so much. Get the note plus 100x zoom vs 30x for the standard View attachment 981713 View attachment 981714

Pics taken from Signal Hill w/ 30x zoom

Awesome pics...

They have the 20 5G and 20 5G ultra now. And you're right, the price on the Ultra is up there!

78Southwind

Reaction score
I have the Note 20 Ultra 128gb the unlocked version. I put the otterbox defender case on it and like it. You can add a one terabyte micro SD card (I think this is the last year you are going to be able to add a micro SD card). Also, Samsung has an app on it called TV Plus and it has 160 TV channels, News and Games. However, I haven't really watched anything on the app since I have so many other streaming apps. I bought it a couple weeks ago from woot.com for $799. They were really trying to push it, it seems like I got an email every couple of weeks with an offer. On the 12th they also had the Note 20 for $599.

Screenshot_20210314-013724_Samsung Free.jpg

Screenshot_20210314-015242_Samsung Free.jpg

Screenshot_20210314-015210_Samsung Free.jpg

https://electronics.woot.com/offers/samsung-galaxy-note-20-note-20-ultra-5g-128gb-unlocked

My chick picked up the Galaxy s21 since she thinks the Note is too big. She picked it up through AT&T for free. They had some sort of trade in deal for Samsung 7's and up.

Last edited:

WYRD

Reaction score
Not to thread jack but anyone recommend a good screen replacement place for an S10?

Nordie

Reaction score
Not to thread jack but anyone recommend a good screen replacement place for an S10?

If you have insurance try for a full replacement. Turns out I didn't have insurance on my S20, and for the water damage, screen, and charging port I paid like $430 at one of them repair places. Still cheaper than a new phone though. They did tell me that because the S20 is still so new they have to buy the parts directly from Samsung, so maybe your 10 won't be as bad.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Samsung.com will give me 200.00 trade in on my old S8. Kinna hard to believe!

I might go look at one today to see how big they really are!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I love my Note 9. I got the 512gb version, with a 512gb microsd card in it. Otterbox anti-viral case, it's bad assery...who does not love a 2k+ display in a phone!?!?!

Water resistant to 6 meters...yep it actually is, dove in one day and it has never missed a beat! It was $1500 retail, 3x the price of any other phone I've had lol.

Worth it. Keeping it until I absolutely have no choice but to upgrade, it's the perfect size for me, but I have pretty large hands.

Don't let your baby hands hold you back @JUSTWANNARACE ! 😝

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I love my Note 9. I got the 512gb version, with a 512gb microsd card in it. Otterbox anti-viral case, it's bad assery...who does not love a 2k+ display in a phone!?!?!

Water resistant to 6 meters...yep it actually is, dove in one day and it has never missed a beat! It was $1500 retail, 3x the price of any other phone I've had lol.

Worth it. Keeping it until I absolutely have no choice but to upgrade, it's the perfect size for me, but I have pretty large hands.

My small hands make me feel better about myself.. if you know what I mean😳🤣🤣

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

How's the battery life with that bad azz screen?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
How's the battery life with that bad azz screen?

I use it all day, answer calls, text clients, read RDP, read kindle, play on internet. I charge it every 2-3 days. I purposely run it down to less than 5% before I charge it, I don't just plug it in every night. On a trip, have watched movies/played on internet, read books on kindle for an entire day and it lasts all day.

No complaints at all.

I am religious about killing apps as I quit them however, nothing is ever downloading or running in the background except push notifications, never leave brave open with a page up etc. Don't have feeds streaming, nothing like that. YMMV?

It's so easy to do too, love the 2 button pushes to kill all open apps.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I’m somewhat disappointed in this thread.
As someone the opposite of high tech,
E5FDFEAB-73AD-4FCF-AD7E-009AE39A14F1.jpeg

When I opened it I expected to hear something I didn’t know about a Ford Galaxy🤷‍♂️😂

shunter2005

Reaction score
Awesome pics...

They have the 20 5G and 20 5G ultra now. And you're right, the price on the Ultra is up there!
Hey Joe, I have one of the 20 5g and two of the Ultra 5g. All are great phones. The standard is smaller than the Ultra and would be a good pocket phone. However, I don't have any trouble with the ultra in my pocket either. Don't know who you have service with, but ATT is/was running a special on phones. Depending on what phone you have, they have a rebate of $800. I got the standard 20 even exchange and paid $400 each for the Ultras.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I am a Galaxy guy. When work ditched the Blackberrys few decades ago myself and my IT guy were the only 2 to go with Sammy's instead of the Fruit phone. Liked running custom ROMs and personalizing the phone. Never went with a note as I was concerned about the size.

When I retired and was forced to finally buy my first phone, I decided to try the Note 20 Ultra. Adding a new line to my AT&T and trading in an old phone, I got the $1300 phone for $100. Been really happy with it. It's big but you get use to it. The S Pen is nice to have for copying text and photo manipulation but I do not use it for general browsing. I run a case that has a manual lens cover as the 3 cameras are pretty exposed. I run a flexible screen cover on the front. Drove off with the phone on the Jeep's hood and it slid off my first right turn as I drove down the street. Phone survived with no damage.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the Note 10+ and love it. I'm due to upgrade in the fall and don't think I will since I love this phone so much.

For those of you concerned about the size and using it one handed, just double tap the home button and the screen will shrink to a smaller size. You can move it to either side and then use it one handed.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I have the Note 10+ and love it. I'm due to upgrade in the fall and don't think I will since I love this phone so much.

For those of you concerned about the size and using it one handed, just double tap the home button and the screen will shrink to a smaller size. You can move it to either side and then use it one handed.

Okay, hang on. So the huge phone that doesn't fit in your pocket has a button to shrink the screen down so that is is useable as a phone? So, basically you are dragging this monster around to brag about but you need to "shrink" the screen to a normal size to use it?

Just seeing if I understand this right........ :rolleyes: :cool::)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Okay, hang on. So the huge phone that doesn't fit in your pocket has a button to shrink the screen down so that is is useable as a phone? So, basically you are dragging this monster around to brag about but you need to "shrink" the screen to a normal size to use it?

So it's usable one handed is how I read it. Pretty cool feature I think!

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Guess you missed the part about using it one handed? Maybe you need a bigger phone so you can read the entire post. Lol [emoji57]