WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tire shine...

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Makes an interesting driveway in the rain.
CD20407B-8B6B-49C8-98E2-4EB9E52D8E53.jpeg

love the meguiars hot shine spray can
7E6EA84B-B50E-423A-85B2-963248AA5B3F.jpeg

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Do I see curbage on those new wheels already?

Nordie

Reaction score
That's why I never apply Tire Shine in my driveway :cool:
Always used the street myself...I do like the meguires hot shine though.

These new drive through car washes have a sponge that pops out at the end just before the jet dryer to butter the tires now, it's perfect for the wife's car.

wallnutz

Reaction score
I always thought that would be a good revenge prank. Spell out asshole or adjective of your choice when it’s dry out and they won’t see it until it rains.
I know a certain someone that might have done that with some 411 impregnator, I think the guy now might have a hint that he is a dickhead.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
So who has tried Cover All?

Sent From Tapatalk
I have and I like it. It is more “tacky” than the RX. I just haven’t been back to the river to see what the final results look like since I applied both. I have a feeling the Cover All may have dust and dirt stick to it more but have no proof yet. I will attach some pictures.

Cover All was $5 per can at Oreilly’s. If someone really wants it, ship it to my house in AZ and I will mail it to you.Or I can just go buy some and mail it. Not a big deal.
517FF8BD-1154-46F4-8D55-B334389F8365.jpeg
F62EE9A5-A883-470F-ADAF-2B622FECE39F.jpeg
EEDB8D9F-347A-4FA2-8BC3-F623E3D6EC08.jpeg
C65082CA-5C21-4030-97A3-C7387BA97AA5.jpeg

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I've read on numerous forums that people love it. I have wanted to try it but it is not available in CA.
One of the comparison videos I watched referenced he was the "California" version, which isn't as good as the regular version. But it worked pretty good. . I will check with O'Reilly.

Sent From Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Is that rim wider than the tire?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

no but its a little different setup than just two rims put front to front on the rear. the outer is a offset steer wheel turned backwards, the holes are milled to match the front diameter (the offset wheels actually have a smaller hole than the regular). then the inner wheel is "faced" removing about 1/4" of material, the offset with the facing tucks the two wheels together about 1/2" from each other. this moves the outer wheel about 3" inward so that it tucks inside the fender.... otherwise you'd need to run a custom narrowed rear end, or supposedly a 3/4 ton rear, which I didnt want to do.

I think what happened is I came into the driveway at such a small angle that the tire was riiight on the lip of the driveway and it slipped/pushed off and the wheel contacted the concrete briefly. when i pulled in I heard a little crunch and a bump, then got home and looked. bummer. but its not terrible... little sanding and a polish you'd never see it. im also considering sending em back to get em custom milled with a design other than the stock alcoa circle, or possibly make the circles bigger. something a little more "custom" looking. if that happens ill have em clean up the lip as well. no biggie.

140339624_3961566023927433_633634259126891573_n.jpg

D19

Reaction score
Use a sheet of cardboard.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
no but its a little different setup than just two rims put front to front on the rear. the outer is a offset steer wheel turned backwards, the holes are milled to match the front diameter (the offset wheels actually have a smaller hole than the regular). then the inner wheel is "faced" removing about 1/4" of material, the offset with the facing tucks the two wheels together about 1/2" from each other. this moves the outer wheel about 3" inward so that it tucks inside the fender.... otherwise you'd need to run a custom narrowed rear end, or supposedly a 3/4 ton rear, which I didnt want to do.

I think what happened is I came into the driveway at such a small angle that the tire was riiight on the lip of the driveway and it slipped/pushed off and the wheel contacted the concrete briefly. when i pulled in I heard a little crunch and a bump, then got home and looked. bummer. but its not terrible... little sanding and a polish you'd never see it. im also considering sending em back to get em custom milled with a design other than the stock alcoa circle, or possibly make the circles bigger. something a little more "custom" looking. if that happens ill have em clean up the lip as well. no biggie.

140339624_3961566023927433_633634259126891573_n.jpg
Looks like the wheel sticks out past the tire.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Reaction score
You need wider tires. Those tires are too skinny for those wheels.

No. They don’t fit. If anything I’d like a little taller tire but nothing exists in that width.

Last edited:

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
I always thought that would be a good revenge prank. Spell out asshole or adjective of your choice when it’s dry out and they won’t see it until it rains.

Do it with WD40. My buddy that owes me money got a message on the street in front of his house on the blacktop. Get the can with the flip our 6" tube, you can write or draw on blacktop really well. it stays for a few weeks and washes off sometime later. You can get creative, I drew a giant penis in front of his place last week, he is so pissed.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Your truck is tits. If you ever sell that I'm a buyer. I have no use for it but whatever!

cold_one

Reaction score
my kids school driveway lip pulling in at a diagonal.

That really sucks. I have OCD and it would kill me every time I would walk by it. Especially if they were new custom rims like that.

sonicss31

Reaction score
Bought a can of Cover All just to try after reading this thread. I’m not all that impressed so far. It does seem very sticky, it does shine good. I then wiped the dressing after a few hours which helped it to level out. Maybe I used too much at first.

merc_400r

Reaction score
No. They don’t fit. If anything I’d like a little taller tire but nothing exists in that width.

Taller tire won't help the situation. You need wider but it looks like your wheels stick out past your fenders so I am guessing you went with such a skinny tire so you won't rub and cut your tires on your fenders. The joys of a lowered vehicle.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Taller tire won't help the situation. You need wider but it looks like your wheels stick out past your fenders so I am guessing you went with such a skinny tire so you won't rub and cut your tires on your fenders. The joys of a lowered vehicle.

I don’t really need any “help with the situation” other than not going into a driveway at a shallow angle. The taller tire is just to get some rpm back at 70+ mph. My old setup was like an inch taller and resulted in probably a 200rpm difference at freeway speed. But there isn’t a taller tire available in that width and wheel diameter.

I went with the tire size because that’s what fits the wheel so the whee fits the application. I know a custom set of wheels is a little different to some.

Any wider means they would contact each other and I’d have a blow out.
D2F0C8D0-2617-423C-908F-80F6EA1A9EF1.jpeg

cold_one

Reaction score
I don’t really need any “help with the situation” other than not going into a driveway at a shallow angle. The taller tire is just to get some rpm back at 70+ mph. My old setup was like an inch taller and resulted in probably a 200rpm difference at freeway speed. But there isn’t a taller tire available in that width and wheel diameter.

I went with the tire size because that’s what fits the wheel so the whee fits the application. I know a custom set of wheels is a little different to some.

Any wider means they would contact each other and I’d have a blow out.
View attachment 983703

Those tires look really small for those wheels. What load rating are they?