WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ford guys, is this a kit or for real

kurtis500

Reaction score
Saw this driving in Park City. 427 motor (or labeled as such
6E1153F7-B585-4D50-89F5-A17F233AA84C.jpeg
)
FBC28AC8-CCC9-46AA-A7BE-914C596203C5.jpeg
Is this thing a kit or worth a bundle? Sounded good! As a hemi guy I liked it a lot

4Waters

Reaction score
Saw this driving in Park City. 427 motor (or labeled as such View attachment 983786 )
View attachment 983787 Is this thing a kit or worth a bundle? Sounded good! As a hemi guy I liked it a lot
It's most likely a kit, very few owners of original AC Cobras are willing to drive them. Some kits do actually have an FE 427 but usually if it's a 427 it's a stroked small block

Mike K

Reaction score
99% for sure kit ... otherwise ... you would be seeing a million dollars rolling down the road ... very unlikely ... Factory Five or Superperformance.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Very few owners of the real 427 Cobras would ever drive them on the street. If they are the driving type (the best kind of car owner) they rent a track for the day usually.

They are worth too much money, and too hard to repair properly for them to be drivers unless you got big balls.

Million dollar supercars can be replaced, a 427 Cobra that you smashed into a wad of Aluminum, not so much.

outboard_256

Reaction score
If you see one not in a car show or auction its usually a kit. They are just worth too much to be driven on the street.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In the late 80s/early 90s, there was a pharmacist at "Clarks" on Grand ave in Covina. On Fridays, if the weather was nice, he would drive in his Cobra...badass original. Probably wasn't worth near what they are now, but still not cheap. I think his other "daily" was an SS Nova. Older Japanese guy, if I remember correctly. Good taste in cars!

4Waters

Reaction score
In the late 80s/early 90s, there was a pharmacist at "Clarks" on Grand ave in Covina. On Fridays, if the weather was nice, he would drive in his Cobra...badass original. Probably wasn't worth near what they are now, but still not cheap. I think his other "daily" was an SS Nova. Older Japanese guy, if I remember correctly. Good taste in cars!
There is a guy that goes to Bob's Bigboy Toluca Lake that has 2 original 427 Cobras, one is just a regular Cobra and the other one is a factory built racecar😍. He has all the paperwork/history on it, who drove it where it qualified where it finished in the race......it is a fully documented car, last I talked to him it was worth around 2 million but that was 13 years ago, he is local to that Bob's Bigboy and drives them there😳🤪. Those are to only 2 originals I have ever seen🥰😍🥰😍

PlanB

Reaction score
99% for sure kit ... otherwise ... you would be seeing a million dollars rolling down the road ... very unlikely ... Factory Five or Superperformance.

Not a Superformance. It has lugs instead of knock offs. Some other tell tale signs as well. I believe it’s a FF like the poster above stated. It is 100% not original.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
I believe the Shelby Corp still makes them. While not cheap, the continuation cars are a fraction of the cost of an original.

PlanB

Reaction score
I believe the Shelby Corp still makes them. While not cheap, the continuation cars are a fraction of the cost of an original.

Superformance builds the continuation cars for Shelby. Their MKIII is licensed by Shelby and the continuation car has an actual CSX vin number. The Shelby is built to original specs (tube frame etc...).

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Superformance builds the continuation cars for Shelby. Their MKIII is licensed by Shelby and the continuation car has an actual CSX vin number. The Shelby is built to original specs (tube frame etc...).

Superformance builds some bad ass stuff. A Daytona Coupe and MKII GT40 are on the bucket list. Except I'm not sure if I'd fit in either.

PlanB

Reaction score
Superformance builds some bad ass stuff. A Daytona Coupe and MKII GT40 are on the bucket list. Except I'm not sure if I'd fit in either.

GT40 would be my choice to go next to my MKIII. Prices have gotten crazy though in the past few years. Bad ass car...

sirbob

Reaction score
Fun car - but based on wheels and fender shape I’d say kit.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
It's a real kit! :)

I've always respected Cobra's but for some reason, never wanted one. Then I built one for a customer and took it for a test drive. What a frigging blast that thing was to drive. You are really exposed to the elements because the doors and the whole car are so low it accentuates the feeling of speed. You can reach out and touch the ground from the driver's seat! I'd like to have one now.