Lets do this Black Stone

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Prime ribeye.

here goes ;)

C4088418-13C0-4FD0-91E1-C081CA2A20D8.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I was able to drag my ass over to the sink to clean up afterwards but moved slow...lol

now some BLs and then calling it a night.

i gotta start eating some salads ;)

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Safeway still has frozen xmas turkeys for 80 cents so we bbq‘d one tonight and put the carcass out by the game camera tonight. Should be some good footage in the morning, wonder what will get it.

View attachment 984159 View attachment 984160

Things should get interesting for sure....lol

I can't eat turkey at this time of the year but thats a great deal and it looks really good.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Tom......do yourself a favor if you want ribeyes on the griddle......peep youtube for videos on Jack Daniels style. Mmmmmm...onions and light dat bitch on fire with Jack.......your welcome. 😁

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Didn't know they had one. Anybody?????

I got the $99 22” propane one from WalMart, intending to use it for camping. We like it so much I may just leave it in Havasu, and get this electric one for camping and quick trips. You can turn the heat down low and use it as a warmer as well. It’s only 600 watts, so my small 2000 watt generator should run it just fine.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I got the $99 22” propane one from WalMart, intending to use it for camping. We like it so much I may just leave it in Havasu, and get this electric one for camping and quick trips. You can turn the heat down low and use it as a warmer as well. It’s only 600 watts, so my small 2000 watt generator should run it just fine.

I will stick with the propane but can see why some people would want an electric one.

sintax

Reaction score
Safeway still has frozen xmas turkeys for 80 cents so we bbq‘d one tonight and put the carcass out by the game camera tonight. Should be some good footage in the morning, wonder what will get it.

View attachment 984159 View attachment 984160

Oh woah, so you stuff before smoke? I’ve never stuffed any turkey I’ve smoked, does it add any time to it like you would in an oven? Does the stuffing get smoked tasting too? Might have to try it, I typically just rough chop some onions, fennel bulb, and garlic

2Driver

Reaction score
Oh woah, so you stuff before smoke? I’ve never stuffed any turkey I’ve smoked, does it add any time to it like you would in an oven? Does the stuffing get smoked tasting too? Might have to try it, I typically just rough chop some onions, fennel bulb, and garlic

Its really cooked vs smoked. I just used the charcoal weber for cooking, 18 pounds took 5 hours stuffed.

Stuffing might have a tad of smoke flavor. I spoon some drippings on the charcoal just short of starting a 3 alarm fire and cover it and it will smoke hard for 15 minutes, that and Kingsford hardwood charcoal.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

This could be great for the trailer - electricity is “free” - I’d like to get a 23” unit with hard cover without the stand if that’s available

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
If you haven’t tried the reverse sear method, you’re missing out. Make standard grocery store steaks come out like a fine steakhouse 👌🏻

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Damn...just tried my first smash burger....OUTSTANDING!

Mixed in one pound of lean ground beef, 1/4 pack of dry onion soup, 1/4 cup of mayo, 1/4 cup bread crumbs. Mixed it up into 4 balls, salt and garlic to taste. Put on grill and smashed em for 10 seconds. Flipped at two mins added cheddar cheese. Put the buns directly on the grill with a little mayo spread on them.

Friggin awesome burger.

E016263E-96DD-41D1-8A9B-4AC7E6A7764F.jpeg
ACB51AEC-3A68-465A-8655-6ACCEE99B468.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Mixed in one pound of lean ground beef, 1/4 pack of dry onion soup, 1/4 cup of mayo, 1/4 cup bread crumbs. Mixed it up into 4 balls, salt and garlic to taste. Put on grill and smashed em for 10 seconds. Flipped at two mins added cheddar cheese. Put the buns directly on the grill with a little mayo spread on them.

Friggin awesome burger.

View attachment 984646 View attachment 984647

Nice work, that looks great

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I like a good burger....that took it up a few levels :)

I have not done the smash burger deal with mine but want to try it. We usually do the frozen Costco sirloin burgers with Jockos seasoning. They never disappoint but the fresh ground beef with the onion soup or ranch seasoning mix, and bread crumbs is always great on the grill. Now to try it in the blackstone.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

Friggin awesome burger.

View attachment 984646 View attachment 984647

I have heard of "smash burgers" but had no clue of the process. But that looks frickin amazing!

So do you throw the on as a ball? How long do you cook as a ball?

Thanks DILLIGAF now I have to make these so I need complete details start to finish!

I dont have a Blackstone yet. But I'm sure I could do the same in my cast iron, maybe🤷🏻‍♂️

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have heard of "smash burgers" but had no clue of the process. But that looks frickin amazing!

Thanks DILLIGAF now I have to make these so I need complete details start to finish!

I dont have a Blackstone yet. But I'm sure I could do the same in my cast iron, maybe🤷🏻‍♂️

Throw the “meatball” on hot griddle and smash it immediately.

Use a basting lid to melt the cheese quick if your blackstone has no lid.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

Yes.....Just in a ball....mine were like 1/4 lb. The grill is already warm at something like med-high, when it starts to sizzle a bit....smash it and hold for about 10 seconds. You gotta leave space for them cause the spread out. 2 minutes and you will have one side done. Flip em and cook for two more minutes. If you want cheese put it on as you flip it. Have those buns ready to go and when put them on right after you flip the burger. Done :)

Your cast iron should be just like the BS.....don't know how much space you have though

If you like burgers this is the way to go.....I love burgers

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I have not done the smash burger deal with mine but want to try it. We usually do the frozen Costco sirloin burgers with Jockos seasoning. They never disappoint but the fresh ground beef with the onion soup or ranch seasoning mix, and bread crumbs is always great on the grill. Now to try it in the blackstone.

Damn.....Jockos is the best steak you can get IMO. I used to stop there in Nipomo whenever I would be passing by. I didn't know you can buy their seasoning. You got a link to order some?

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Yes.....Just in a ball....mine were like 1/4 lb. The grill is already warm at something like med-high, when it starts to sizzle a bit....smash it and hold for about 10 seconds. You gotta leave space for them cause the spread out. 2 minutes and you will have one side done. Flip em and cook for two more minutes. If you want cheese put it on as you flip it. Have those buns ready to go and when put them on right after you flip the burger. Done :)

Your cast iron should be just like the BS.....don't know how much space you have though

If you like burgers this is the way to go.....I love burgers

It's just the wife and I so I'm thinking the 12" cast iron pan should work! Although I'll have to find an alternative to the mayo as she doesnt like mayo😳.

I have a freezer full of Elk burger so I'll have to give this a try!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
It's just the wife and I so I'm thinking the 12" cast iron pan should work! Although I'll have to find an alternative to the mayo as she doesnt like mayo😳.

Damn....I love Elk.

You can try butter for the wife....Try the mayo for you

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Damn.....Jockos is the best steak you can get IMO. I used to stop there in Nipomo whenever I would be passing by. I didn't know you can buy their seasoning. You got a link to order some?

It is a little pricey with shipping, but a bottle lasts forever. We order a few bottles at a time and give the seasoning to family or as small gifts to those that know about Jockos.

I put it on everything. Chicken, fish, veggies, burgers, steaks, even eggs in the morning. I roll hot dogs in a bit of it before cooking them as well.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

An egg will work. You just need something as a binder, especially if you are using lean ground beef. If you are using fattier ground, you may not need it with the breadcrumbs in there.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

By the way.....I used parchment paper between the burger and big spatula I smashed it with

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

It is a little pricey with shipping, but a bottle lasts forever. We order a few bottles at a time and give the seasoning to family or as small gifts to those that know about Jockos.

I put it on everything. Chicken, fish, veggies, even eggs in the morning.

Thank you. I am ordering me a few jars.

I am eating way too good and too much.....This isn't going to help....lol