WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well it seems like online selling is changing

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
So last weekend i put a few things up for sale, in the past i would just go with Craigslist and that would be it. this time i listed on Craigslist, RDP, and facebook Marketplace

Got lots of calls right away from Craigslist. all most all scams. zero sales
market place got the most responses and actually sold the dually thru that ad
RDP got the least responses but the ones i did get were not BS. and of the 5 things 3 were or are going to someone from RDP, chopper is up in the air since he hasn't seen it yet and i didn't list it anywhere else.
The Hellcat didn't get any responses from any of them before i took the ad down but i think that was because it was only up for a short time and it sold by word of mouth

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
So last weekend i put a few things up for sale, in the past i would just go with Craigslist and that would be it. this time i listed on Craigslist, RDP, and facebook Marketplace

Got lots of calls right away from Craigslist. all most all scams. zero sales
market place got the most responses and actually sold the dually thru that ad
RDP got the least responses but the ones i did get were not BS. and of the 5 things 3 were or are going to someone from RDP, chopper is up in the air since he hasn't seen it yet and i didn't list it anywhere else.
The Hellcat didn't get any responses from any of them before i took the ad down but i think that was because it was only up for a short time and it sold by word of mouth
Craigslist is an absolute shit show now

El Rojo

Reaction score
I don't have a facebook, and I'm going to be ready to sell some stuff soon...it seems like offer up has replaced craigslist? I guess it depends on what you're selling...what online service would you use for boats, golf carts, cars etc?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Please, for the love of all things good in this world, tell me you're selling your cool stuff for either a badass boat, or a place in Florida.

The photos, the threads...epic greatness!
Some of us need to live vicariously through others.

4Waters

Reaction score
Please, for the love of all things good in this world, tell me you're selling your cool stuff for either a badass boat, or a place in Florida.

He is selling his stuff for a chick😉🤣🤣

4Waters

Reaction score
Well, pics and threads should still be good...he's never shown pics of Mother Teresa or Nurse Ratchet.

I'm sure we'll still approve!

It appears you missed the thread, he was trying to get a badass boat

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I sold my 240 on CL. No issues.

lots of tire kickers on here wanting cheap deals. I don’t blame them, I wanted top dollar.

dspracing

Reaction score
I rarely mess with Craigslist these days.
Cleaning up the house this weekend getting ready to list I posted up a bunch of things on Facebook. It was overwhelming some times receiving 30+ responses in 20 minutes.
However, I’ve found that certain items simply don’t align with the algorithms and you get little to no response. When things don’t sell in the first day or two on Facebook, I’ll relist on CL or OfferUp and they will typically sell same or next day

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
It seem like selling everywhere sucks these days. I got parts on Facebook marketplace right now, I thought I'd try this instead of Facebook for a change.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score

Yeah working on a boat, the one i really wanted didn't pan out but i'm not giving up. the place in florida will come in a few years

hawgty55

Reaction score
Thats the way it seems to have been for me for awhile. But the marketplace is the main selling source in the south for sure.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I recently sold our RZR. I listed it on both Craigslist and FB Marketplace. I received zero responses from CL. However I probably got pinged 30 times on FBM asking if it was still available for sale. When I responded that it was still available you would never hear from them again. FBM is definitely full of tire kickers. However the 1st person to actually come and look at it from FBM purchased it within 2 minutes. I hate selling shit but if I traded in my RZR I would have probably took a 50% hit from the stealership. I’m just grateful for free sites like CL and FBM. Having to pay for a site like Trader for example can get expensive!!!

c_land

Reaction score
Agrree with everything above. I'd add that the search function on FB Marketplace sucks major balls. Craigslist is way easier to narrow a search.

motormonkey

Reaction score
Finding the end user is a problem. Too many wanna be broke flippers. What's my bottom doller bullshit.. haha

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Craigslist has a decent search engine....FB Marketplace and Offerup, etc have almost useless search engines.

Ebay is all fucked up now....I think I paid 13% in fees of my final selling price, on top of covering shipping on the last thing I sold for $100. That's insane, but it's the best way to reach millions of buyers.

Reactions: TPC

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Trick fucked by ebay starting last month , creating thier own "paypal" type system fees and new mandates are outrageous

Wasn’t Me

Reaction score
Ive got a 2 year old out door patio set I need to seel now that the wife bought a new one..? Whats the best place to list that with out any social media..?

Bear Down

Reaction score
Ive got a 2 year old out door patio set I need to seel now that the wife bought a new one..? Whats the best place to list that with out any social media..?
Details? Send a link to something similar of what you have... I might be looking

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I sold my 4 Super Duty wheels/tires/TPMS on CL right away and had 2 other potential buyers ping me just after. Thankfully no other BS’ers or scammers contacted me.

I don’t do anything Facebook so F them

PlanB

Reaction score
The wife used FB Market Place to sell some of the take off’s from the Can Am. I was actually surprised at the price she got for the stuff and how fast it sold.

Wasn’t Me

Reaction score
Details? Send a link to something similar of what you have... I might be looking

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Dont have a link yet... I'm trying to find the original invoice to show as well... Sectional and can be re arraigned in almost any direction. Bought them (2) years ago and have kept them covered unless being used.. The entire set was 7,500.00 new.. Looking to get 3500.00. The gas fire ring was 4k alone!!?? (didn't realize how much she spent! Yikes)

IMG_0698.JPG
IMG_0699.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0701.JPG
IMG_0702.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG
IMG_0704.JPG
IMG_0705.JPG

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I have been looking at cars and RVs on Craigslist recently. The Dealers really screw it up. They post the same car 10 different times with a slightly different price (maybe $100 difference). Plus the Dealers add a keyword for every type of vehicle out there. If you filter out the Dealers, there is hardly anything posted by private party. It really sucks because I used to love selling cars and other stuff on Craigslist.

On FB Marketplace, I see the same thing with Dealers selling cars that are not a realistic price that clutter everything up. Especially since the search engine sucks so bad. I'm talking about a 2016 4door Wrangler listed for $4,000, or a 2015 GMC dually listed for $8,000. FB should ban the people for doing this. It isn't a one time typo. The Dealers that do this, all their cars are priced this way.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
What floors me are the Russians.
All too common now.

Two will show up to check out what you are selling.
Stand their blabbing away in Russian for what seems like an hour.

Then a low ball offer and want you hold it with a deposit.
Flippers.

One of the kids had fines and court costs he could never handle on his own.

I had a shed with outboard motors hanging from racks all in new condition. I take care of my stuff.
Nothing holds its value like an outboard. Especially one in good appearance and running condition. On top of that all makes have something unique buyers specifically want.

We told him sell those and get all this legal shit behind you. I gave him firm prices.
Rack, fuel and trash can full of water to test run.

He used Offer Up - cash and carry, firm price.
All gone that day.

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I have been looking at cars and RVs on Craigslist recently. The Dealers really screw it up. They post the same car 10 different times with a slightly different price (maybe $100 difference). Plus the Dealers add a keyword for every type of vehicle out there. If you filter out the Dealers, there is hardly anything posted by private party. It really sucks because I used to love selling cars and other stuff on Craigslist.

On FB Marketplace, I see the same thing with Dealers selling cars that are not a realistic price that clutter everything up. Especially since the search engine sucks so bad. I'm talking about a 2016 4door Wrangler listed for $4,000, or a 2015 GMC dually listed for $8,000. FB should ban the people for doing this. It isn't a one time typo. The Dealers that do this, all their cars are priced this way.

Most of those are fake ads. The giveaway is the background...usually a brick building or a landscape you’d typically see in the Midwest, not SoCal. Usually the heading also lists some stupid feature, like heated seats or push button start, that you’d normally expect to see in the description.

Last edited:

El Chingon

Reaction score
True Story, about 6 months ago I listed a 19 year old 5 piece bar height patio set on Offer up and sold it in 1 hour for $250.I paid $375 19 years ago at Costco. Never had more hits on something. Anything will sell on Offerup. You just need to have some patience sometimes with these Lowballers/Tire Kickers. Which I hate.