WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Viva San Felipe! Here we come!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Wish I could get over Mexico. But I can’t. I hate to be Debbie downer but I’m guessing the first time you get a taste of the real Mexico you’ll never go back.

have fun and be careful man.
He's in a big crew.... that helps a lot... should be fine. Just daylight travel, thats the key nowadays.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Last night and this morning
0CB4A4C8-B61F-43DE-82FE-025F94C0B582.jpeg
DC97FF6E-7511-4EAC-B090-FBF24AFF51B0.jpeg
FFD63F3B-52FD-4A94-BABE-96934FDDAF5F.jpeg
C6ECF36A-F29D-4D3E-B372-8CD1869E8579.jpeg
EEE10B04-5FC3-4366-9196-D614BF213205.jpeg
DCB48276-37BD-4A63-B431-0A61348AE974.jpeg
8E2C6A9C-F345-4A9B-A29E-2479828B83BE.jpeg
725ADF55-B665-4E2A-BAA0-ECBCCB0E7962.jpeg
132C3986-FCB1-458E-B170-1F762B64A9F8.jpeg
9A268E9B-B1F1-492C-874B-10709AA6669B.jpeg
D8F1E2D1-9A87-4818-B392-0A371BE389FE.jpeg

Tank

Reaction score
He's in a big crew.... that helps a lot... should be fine. Just daylight travel, thats the key nowadays.
Yeah, see, I don’t want to be anywhere that I have to disable my vehicle when I park for a while, travel in the daytime, have cash to pay off the cops, travel in a group, watch my six, etc. fuck all that. Mexican word of the day? Shit hole. “Mexico is a shit hole”

On a side note, I do like the 805 sweatshirt at the bar lol represent!

92 cole

Reaction score
Late 1980's to 2014 my parents and I had a place down 52km below San Felipe on the beach at campo cristina. You are bringing back memories for me. I sold the house in late 2015 and left alot of friends down there. The owner of the campo "Alfredo Lopez" was a great man and took real good care of the casa while we stateside. We would head down atleast 6 times per year. Always hated coming back.

hallettheck

Reaction score
I have a bunch of friends that are there right now on a Harley run. Yearly deal, most are law enforcement or friends of them. I wasn’t able to make it this year do to work.
We just got back I was one of those Harley riders been doing it since 08 great weekend great weather great time

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah, see, I don’t want to be anywhere that I have to disable my vehicle when I park for a while, travel in the daytime, have cash to pay off the cops, travel in a group, watch my six, etc. fuck all that. Mexican word of the day? Shit hole. “Mexico is a shit hole”

I think these guys are making way more of this than it is.. but then again I’m getting a foot rub at a bar right now.. lol

image.jpg

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score

That's pretty much where I'm at with Mexico. We used to love going there and have friends and family who still love going, but I don't want to end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. It seems like with Mexico most people are just fine especially if they are paying attention, stay in the touristy areas, don't travel at night, etc, except for when things go bad. It's like everything is good until it isn't, but at that point it's time to start paying people off with cash.

Magnuman

Reaction score
Gotta be honest with the way the US is going I find myself looking at places like Troncones as a possible escape plan.. If world war 3 happenedI’m not even sure you’d notice it down there.
Just came back from Troncones
6 weeks there. Did NOT want to get on plane back to USA.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Get the crazy shrimp peppers at Baja Mar... shrimp stuffed into green peeper with butter garlic cheese and shrimp...

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Hell Ya. Fresh camarones right off the ponga boats, real tortillas with no preservatives

If you have the time Puertecitos Hot Springs... Tough drive inland (washboard road) but if you take the shoreline it's amazing

By the looks of your conveyance you're appropriately equipped

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Wow what a difference from when i use to go down there in the 80's and 90's, Not to far south of San Felipe we would camp right on the beach in a place called Santa Maria, some times the roads were so bad you would get stuck on the highway, Sure didn't have any fancy places like you are at back then .

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Wow what a difference from when i use to go down there in the 80's and 90's, Not to far south of San Felipe we would camp right on the beach in a place called Santa Maria, some times the roads were so bad you would get stuck on the highway, Sure didn't have any fancy places like you are at back then .

We camped at Santa Maria also. One time we got lost on the way down and slept on the airport runway.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Growing up in the 80s, we used to go down there at least two to three times a year. Our dad's pitted for the Chapala Dusters pit crews for the races, and we rode atc's on the beach and shot fireworks at each other while the parents drank beers and watched. We stayed at a campo north of town called Playa Grande, and used to ride down to Pete's camp for showers once per trip.

I remember a couple of different trips where we went all the way into town so that the adults could go to Miramar and do their thing, we just sat on the Malecon and were as happy as could be.

I've gone there a few times as an adult and stayed at Pete's Camp, it was definitely a great time. My dad's buddy still has a house south of town right by where you are staying Dave, so I I know exactly how much fun you are having. Don't let the negative Nellies get you down.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Use to go there every spring break back in the early 2000's. We would go with my friends parents that grew up in Tecate. We would also take our friends kids with us. Would go to Conchitas as they knew the owners. Nicest people. We would eat and drink all night and they wouldn't let us pay. Their kids were the waiter and waitress. We would tip them $100 each. Momma would still get mad at us saying it was too much. Hopefully, the kids still own it.

renodaytona

Reaction score
San Felipe is my favorite of all of the towns I've been to down there. I've been telling the wife we need to head down there for a week and just chill. Looks like you are all having a great time so far.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We took the sxs’s out on the beach last night and lit off a garage of fireworks.. I didn’t get any pics because I was the DJ with the car.. here’s the pics from bbq’ing sonora dogs etc

9AD8DF42-E3A5-45AE-A178-0881C6686F90.jpeg
1BC4541E-1E2B-4C07-A1BE-A6B5293055D1.jpeg
3FCACD7D-7255-446D-8244-416A5956DE5D.jpeg
5FE95932-7B2B-4E21-B686-084A205A34D8.jpeg

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
No matter how tempting it might be to drive out on the wet sand at low tide, just don't do it. We watched many people get stuck during previous trips.

The tide goes out like half a mile. You go to sleep with the ocean right there, and you wake up and wonder what the hell happened. Its gone!?!?

Taboma

Reaction score
No matter how tempting it might be to drive out on the wet sand at low tide, just don't do it. We watched many people get stuck during previous trips.

The tide goes out like half a mile. You go to sleep with the ocean right there, and you wake up and wonder what the hell happened. Its gone!?!?

You mean it's soft so you tend to sink, or folks just get complacent and find themselves surrounded by a tidal flood ? I'd think a SxS could certainly win a race with the tide.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
You mean it's soft so you tend to sink, or folks just get complacent and find themselves surrounded by a tidal flood ? I'd think a SxS could certainly win a race with the tide.

Its the stickyist suction like glue if you hit it wrong.... A SxS might be light enough and eat it up without issue, I don't know much about SxS... But I have stuck 4x4s, motorcycles and all other types of things in the tide mud. I am with @Mandelon, if you don't really know what you are doing stay away from it. I have had a house down there for almost 30 years and have rode the beaches from RockyPoint to Bay of LA and I avoid the temptation to run the low tide like the plague. But everyone has to learn for themselves at some point.

And if you get stuck at the wrong time, joke around with your friends drinking beer thinking this is going to be a great story,... the tide will run on you in less than an hour and you are fuked. The gulf of California (sea of cortez) has some of the fastest and most radical tides in the world I have been told. At least when I scuba there last year for the first time, that's what the dive master out of RockyPoint told me....

Taboma

Reaction score
Its the stickyist suction like glue if you hit it wrong.... A SxS might be light enough and eat it up without issue, I don't know much about SxS... But I have stuck 4x4s, motorcycles and all other types of things in the tide mud. I am with @Mandelon, if you don't really know what you are doing stay away from it. I have had a house down there for almost 30 years and have rode the beaches from RockyPoint to Bay of LA and I avoid the temptation to run the low tide like the plague. But everyone has to learn for themselves at some point.

And if you get stuck at the wrong time, joke around with your friends drinking beer thinking this is going to be a great story,... the tide will run on you in less than an hour and you are fuked. The gulf of California (sea of cortez) has some of the fastest and most radical tides in the world I have been told. At least when I scuba there last year for the first time, that's what the dive master out of RockyPoint told me....

I could see how it would be a huge temptation to drive on. It appears hard packed, like wet sand, but sounds like it's not. Never been to San Felipe, only Cabo area for fishing trips a very long time ago.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I could see how it would be a huge temptation to drive on. It appears hard packed, like wet sand, but sounds like it's not. Never been to San Felipe, only Cabo area for fishing trips a very long time ago.

Plus if you get stuck very few people will drive out on to it to help you even if they want to... If you have a fully rusted out Ford, late 60s early 70s preferably, f100 with only two wheel drive, huge bald tires on the back and you must be native born Mexican, you are golden,... they seem to go anywhere they want in the low tide.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
dig for clams when the tide goes out. (PS the clams are under rocks) ......... be sure to wash your SXS rides when you get home... the salt water is nasty on them!!!

we had some good times down there as kids....

ENJOY!!!

DLC

Reaction score
We got stuck way out and we were on 3 wheelers 350x and a 250 r. It took hrs and we were exhausted scooting the 2 bikes 300 yds 8-10 inches at a time...

get some shrimp garlic & butter and a big ol wok or the black stone would work and some fresh tillas herdez salsa and icy cold beer and eat like a king!
we love eating down there

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

It's like muck. The water is only a few inches deep, for over a mile sometimes!

You walk out into it in your sandlels, and you walk out of it in bare feet.

There was a place on the road where at high tide, the water was on both sides of you. At low tide, you couldn't even see the water!

In the summer that 3 inches of water is about 90 degrees. Oh and it's 90 percent humidity too.

It's like Florida. A winter time destination only. It's probably perfect weather down there right now. 👍

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Watched a guy bury his brand new (at the time) 2500HD and jet ski trailer. Took about 15 people pushing, a CJ5 with a small block, and a tractor to get it out.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
It looks so tempting... I had an Isuzu Trooper... almost drove out there on my first trip. But common sense won the day. LOL

The 80's small sized Chevy Blazers had to be the worst performing 4x4's in the sand. Literally every one of them drove down onto the beach needed to be pulled, pushed or towed out. It was predictable. They couldn't even make it out to the wet sand. LOL

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It looks so tempting... I had an Isuzu Trooper... almost drove out there on my first trip. But common sense won the day. LOL

The 80's small sized Chevy Blazers had to be the worst performing 4x4's in the sand. Literally every one of them drove down onto the beach needed to be pulled, pushed or towed out. It was predictable. They couldn't even make it out to the wet sand. LOL

I dunno...

From my experience, so far, the new SxS's suck in the sand! Plus the belts don't last long in the sand either

I've had hard pack only guys tell me they were 3 to 4 years on just one belt. Glamis guys can't go one season. They always carry 2 spares.

*Shrug*

gqchris

Reaction score
Crazy idea.... throw the GMT motor on the Essex lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats like throwing a blower motor in a Mini Van sir. The Essex just dont have the legs for that type of fun. Maybe Id be suprised though?! Lol. It would bolt right up just have to plumb the trim and fuel pumps!

To be honest, i was quite happy crusing at 35-40mph all weekend. I was getting my ass beat even in this boat. I havr never seen so many people headed up river in my life.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
B193F780-3E55-4FE1-9808-C084E4C9D54B.jpeg

About 200+ of these rockets were at Ontario fireworks explosion that had to be counter charged

That amount in pic would total a Havasu RV garage if caught on fire.

HitIt

Reaction score
It has been 24 hours since RDs last post. Anyone else have the admin password for the forums? Ya know, just in case.

According to his profile, he was last seen browsing this thread this morning but all that means is that someone has his phone and his finger to unlock it.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It has been 24 hours since RDs last post. Anyone else have the admin password for the forums? Ya know, just in case.

According to his profile, he was last seen browsing this thread this morning but all that means is that someone has his phone and his finger to unlock it.

I’m workin on it.. we had a pretty “eventful” day yesterday and had good reason to celebrate last night.