• Yum

Votes: 84 94.4%
  • Naw

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Do you eat the outside/skin? Or just the middle? I just got a weird look and comment from the waiter. “Hungry eh?” Thing was smothered in butter and salt I couldnt help it. Normally I don’t.

HitIt

Reaction score
The skin is the best part. If I had to make a choice, I would dump the middle and eat the skin. You should have asked the waiter if he has ever seen an appetizer called "potato skins".

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
The skin is the best part. If I had to make a choice, I would dump the middle and eat the skin. You should have asked the waiter if he has ever seen an appetizer called "potato skins".

that was kinda my thinking as well. When they come out in foil and the outside is dry it just doesn’t look appetizing. But this bad boy was glistening and begging for it.

gqchris

Reaction score
When I was a GM at a Black Angus restaurant, I learned the reasons behind the appetizers and soups line up. Potato Skins Appetizer. This was to have a secondary use for expired baked potatoes in the holding bins. Steak soup is for steaks that were overcooked and the trimmings. Good idea in my opinion.

Wendys does the same thing with their Chili. Burger re-use.

I love the whole potato by the way! Havent had one in a year due to my diet. But I love em still!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I cheat at home...spray the offending potatoes with cooking spray, and roll them around on a cookie sheet dusted with pink sea salt, pepper and just a touch of garlic and onion powder.

I think we're having taters tomorrow🥴
And with that I'm throwing on 2lb of thick sliced bacon, a stack of flapjacks and a dozen eggs...can't wait.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I usually don't eat the skin, but if it's crispy with plenty of butter and salt..... he'll yeah! I also like a dusting of Pappy's on it as well.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

shunter2005

Reaction score
Always been told, if you eat any part of the potato, eat the skin. It has the most nutrients. And you can bet I eat the skin and everything, with butter, bacon and cheese and plenty of it.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Here is how weird I am. First I eat the inside of the potatoe then reheat the skin and eat that second.

Make a loaded baked potatoe with all the fixins, sour cream, butter, cheese, chives or green onions & real bacon. Salt and pepper. Mix it all together and eat just the inside.

Them put the skin back in the oven with butter, cheese and bacon. When it’s crispy take it out and put more sour cream and chives. Eat the crispy skin.

Serve with steak and ranch beans.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Here is how weird I am. First I eat the inside of the potatoe then reheat the skin and eat that second.

Make a loaded baked potatoe with all the fixins, sour cream, butter, cheese, chives or green onions & real bacon. Salt and pepper. Mix it all together and eat just the inside.

Them put the skin back in the oven with butter, cheese and bacon. When it’s crispy take it out and put more sour cream and chives. Eat the crispy skin.

Serve with steak and ranch beans.
Damn!!!! My hat's off to you, sir!!!!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Pierce the potatoes with a fork. Spread butter on the outside of potato, seasoning salt, pepper.

Place in a plastics sack.

Tie sack shut

Microwave until tender.

Let them steam in the bag a few minutes after you remove them from microwave. Remove from bag and enjoy!

You're welcome

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I cheat at home...spray the offending potatoes with cooking spray, and roll them around on a cookie sheet dusted with pink sea salt, pepper and just a touch of garlic and onion powder.

I think we're having taters tomorrow🥴

Mine is similar. Poke holes with a fork all around. Coat with Olive Oil then liberally with salt and pepper. Let sit an hour. Put on the pit boss at 350 for an hour or more depending on size. Skin is nice and crispy with a little smoke.

Water Romper

Reaction score
And there is a difference, Idaho potatoes are really the best!! Skin and all;)

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I have always cooked BP's the same way clean them up put oil on them them wrap in foil and cook. I searched how to cook the perfect BP and now have changed. First preheat oven to 450 clean potato's poke some holes in them and into the oven as is for 30 min. then pull them out and brush them with melted butter and then coarse salt then back in for another 30 min They are light and fluffy inside with the skin nice and crispy.

4Waters

Reaction score
That was the rule in my house. You don't have to put everything on your plate but if you do it had better be eaten. Oh yeah, and when you leave the table the kitchen is closed for the night.
Yup, member of the clean plate club. I think the clean plate club is a bad thing, it not strictly enforced in my house as I feel it causes bad eating habits in the long run.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Mom always coated the outside with Crisco then stuck a couple steel skewers through them. Then they went into this little chrome mini oven. We were lucky to get margarine. LOL

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Mom always coated the outside with Crisco then stuck a couple steel skewers through them. Then they went into this little chrome mini oven. We were lucky to get margarine. LOL

Did your Mom use Oleo as well.....My Moms recipies she wrote down all call for Oleo.....lol

Singleton

Reaction score
Oil, salt and pepper the skin.
I usually skip the insides and eat the skins if seasoned correctly

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The next morning, chopped upped skins scrambled with eggs and onions are outstanding. Dumb ass remark by that waiter.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
clean coat with Olive oil and garlic salt. Convection oven at 375 for an hour directly on the rack with a catch pan underneath. The skin is the best part.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
if the skin is crispy and my steak and isnt big enough i go to work on the skin, but prefer the inside loaded with butter, cheese, bacon and worstershire.

Cdog

Reaction score
When I was a GM at a Black Angus restaurant, I learned the reasons behind the appetizers and soups line up. Potato Skins Appetizer. This was to have a secondary use for expired baked potatoes in the holding bins. Steak soup is for steaks that were overcooked and the trimmings. Good idea in my opinion.

Wendys does the same thing with their Chili. Burger re-use.

I love the whole potato by the way! Havent had one in a year due to my diet. But I love em still!

I would love to get the recipe to the steak soup if you have it. That stuff is amazing.

gqchris

Reaction score
I would love to get the recipe to the steak soup if you have it. That stuff is amazing.
It is damn tasty! It came already mixed in bags, just add trimmings. So unfortunately no recipe. Same for the Molasses Bread, came ready to bake from a bakery they contract with!

2Driver

Reaction score
Triple wrapped in tin foil, bury them in the camp fire coals, about 45 minutes later eat it like a apple. Even good cold the next day. Great carbs for long hikes in the back pack.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
We need to bring back schoolhouse rock. You gotta eat the skin, that's where the vitamins are. I eat the skin and then I eat the skin off my wife's potato because she won't eat it.

boatnam2

Reaction score
clean coat with Olive oil and garlic salt. Convection oven at 375 for an hour directly on the rack with a catch pan underneath. The skin is the best part.
I go with this all the time., use a knife to get the right tatto to skin ratio ever bite.

fmo24

Reaction score
Google restaurant name and steak soup recipe. Several come up.