WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Latest Projects , If your into cool and FAST !

Travmon

Reaction score
So , while everyone was drinking their stimulus checks and fighting with thieir wives last year I did manage to knock out a few cool projects while, raising a new puppy , clearing 50 trees at home , building a tractor garage, all the while working my day job of 60-80 hours a week as the owner of a mid size RV collision and structural repair shop.. Not only did I kick the Covid year in the ass I think these 2 projects show how much passion I put into my After Hours one man fab shop know as the TOY FACTORY.
The Mustang is a "soon to be " potent contender on the west coast. I did this for a friend and really wanted to pull off a pro mod car that had a subtle yet wow effect.. There is some carbon composite parts I made and clever cool touches all over.. AS FOR POWER 526" billet hemi w/ twin turbo's on alcohol.. Carbon Shelby body , Haas chassis and the latest and greatest components thru out. Should see around 4000 hp with this combo..
The HYSTER .250 is a quarter scale forklift I created for my sons 2 boys . Believe it or not there is over 200 handmade parts on this all steel toy..Has electric up and down and handle on the back so one brother can push the other around. A great ( Its f*#king raining again project) that only ended up consuming about 250 hours..The Grand kids love me , and I love boys that play ..
IMG_3047.JPG
IMG_1388.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_1507.JPG
20200509_085559.jpg

Attachments

• 20200424_233934.jpg
    20200424_233934.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 329
  • 20200610_180622.jpg
    20200610_180622.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 336
  • 20200623_212324.jpg
    20200623_212324.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_1413.JPG
    IMG_1413.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_3019.JPG
    IMG_3019.JPG
    455.2 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_2668.JPG
    IMG_2668.JPG
    349.9 KB · Views: 352

MeCasa16

Reaction score
That little forklift is so cool. Those little guys are going to have so much fun coming to visit their grandpa. Your work on that mustang is on a whole other level. Thanks for sharing some of your projects. Other people’s skills and knowledge always amaze me.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Damn, what a shop! Looks like you know how to use your tools. Nice work!

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Outstanding work And amazing skill and dedication.

Thanks for sharing

gqchris

Reaction score
Holy Hell! This is my dream to have that kind of shop and that kind of skill! So freaking amazing.

Travmon

Reaction score
Thanx for all the kind words , you guys rock ! An addition to the "grandpa of the year award" I revealed the forklift to the boys a few days before x-mas and then jumped in my RV and headed to Texas with a 6 x 10 playhouse( I built) for my 3 year old granddaughter on a trailer so that she wouldnt feel slighted that her cousins in Washington were getting all the love. It was a big surprise when I showed up down there, grandpa wins again.. BUT what they are not seeing is grandpa is actually giving them gifts that will last many moons and I should be able to drift away for the next few years on the whole present thing and start my afterlife which will soon involve living closer to all you and away from these out of control NW politics....until then I will build more interesting things..
IMG_1546.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
IMG_1644.JPG
IMG_2998.JPG
IMG_1723.JPG
IMG_1738.JPG

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Thanx for all the kind words , you guys rock ! An addition to the "grandpa of the year award" I revealed the forklift to the boys a few days before x-mas and then jumped in my RV and headed to Texas with a 6 x 10 playhouse( I built) for my 3 year old granddaughter on a trailer so that she wouldnt feel slighted that her cousins in Washington were getting all the love. It was a big surprise when I showed up down there, grandpa wins again.. BUT what they are not seeing is grandpa is actually giving them gifts that will last many moons and I should be able to drift away for the next few years on the whole present thing and start my afterlife which will soon involve living closer to all you and away from these out of control NW politics....until then I will build more interesting things.. View attachment 985591 View attachment 985592 View attachment 985592 View attachment 985593 View attachment 985594 View attachment 985598 View attachment 985599
Great post! Thanks for sharing. Before I buy another RV, I’m checking with you first.:cool:

4Waters

Reaction score
Thanx for all the kind words , you guys rock ! An addition to the "grandpa of the year award" I revealed the forklift to the boys a few days before x-mas and then jumped in my RV and headed to Texas with a 6 x 10 playhouse( I built) for my 3 year old granddaughter on a trailer so that she wouldnt feel slighted that her cousins in Washington were getting all the love. It was a big surprise when I showed up down there, grandpa wins again.. BUT what they are not seeing is grandpa is actually giving them gifts that will last many moons and I should be able to drift away for the next few years on the whole present thing and start my afterlife which will soon involve living closer to all you and away from these out of control NW politics....until then I will build more interesting things.. View attachment 985591 View attachment 985592 View attachment 985592 View attachment 985593 View attachment 985594 View attachment 985598 View attachment 985599
I'm gonna have to step my program up

Travmon

Reaction score
Well I am feeling a little smaller after opening this thread.. lol jeeeesus!

that is some bad ass creations right there!
Sorry Trav gets a litle bored ever since married with children and seinfield went off the air ! Trying to get back down to your neck of the woods and someday will shake your hand.. Love your site and dont think for a minute that you have not created something equally impressive ! I am on ALOT of different sites and find myself on yours more then the rest..Great peeps ,great humor ,and I have learned alot here..So thank You..

Travmon

Reaction score
Dragzine put an article up yesterday about the mustang and if i wasnt techincally challenged ( compidiot) I would share the link here..Maybe one of you smart fuckers can do that.......

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
So , while everyone was drinking their stimulus checks and fighting with thieir wives last year I did manage to knock out a few cool projects while, raising a new puppy , clearing 50 trees at home , building a tractor garage, all the while working my day job of 60-80 hours a week as the owner of a mid size RV collision and structural repair shop.. Not only did I kick the Covid year in the ass I think these 2 projects show how much passion I put into my After Hours one man fab shop know as the TOY FACTORY.
The Mustang is a "soon to be " potent contender on the west coast. I did this for a friend and really wanted to pull off a pro mod car that had a subtle yet wow effect.. There is some carbon composite parts I made and clever cool touches all over.. AS FOR POWER 526" billet hemi w/ twin turbo's on alcohol.. Carbon Shelby body , Haas chassis and the latest and greatest components thru out. Should see around 4000 hp with this combo..
The HYSTER .250 is a quarter scale forklift I created for my sons 2 boys . Believe it or not there is over 200 handmade parts on this all steel toy..Has electric up and down and handle on the back so one brother can push the other around. A great ( Its f*#king raining again project) that only ended up consuming about 250 hours..The Grand kids love me , and I love boys that play ..
Damn you and your creative magic! the devil's own! (JK...that is some awesome there. Humbled.)

4Waters

Reaction score
Dragzine put an article up yesterday about the mustang and if i wasnt techincally challenged ( compidiot) I would share the link here..Maybe one of you smart fuckers can do that.......
I can do something that you can't. LOL

TeamGreene

Reaction score

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Way cool! you gotta start the kids out young in the shop! 👍

Waterheater

Reaction score
We'll I feel pretty much worthless now...... That is some cool shit. Super impressive!

One2go

Reaction score
Holy Crap ...!!!That car and other builds are awesome

rush1

Reaction score
That is one bad ass shop, killer work, love it.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Badass thread Travmon. Looking forward to more of your post.

rrrr

Reaction score
The HYSTER .250 is a quarter scale forklift I created for my sons 2 boys . Believe it or not there is over 200 handmade parts on this all steel toy..Has electric up and down and handle on the back so one brother can push the other around. A great ( Its f*#king raining again project) that only ended up consuming about 250 hours..The Grand kids love me , and I love boys that play .. View attachment 985379 View attachment 985380 View attachment 985382 View attachment 985383 View attachment 985384 View attachment 985385

Um, I'm sitting in the hospital eating a pudding cup. Does that count for anything?

:p

37 boat

Reaction score
Awesome skills...love threads like this.

1tonfun

Reaction score
All of that is just amazing, amazing skill. Nice touch with the Minions in one of the pics.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Although these definitely eclipse anything I do, these are the things I love to see. It is the same reason I look at how they do stuff on the high dollar boats at DS, and I look at all the cars at the Grand National Roadster Show. Seeing how things are done, the level of detail and the effort involved. It, to me, gives you more respect for the completed item. It also gives you ideas or concepts, ways to overcome issues even, a person may run into on a build of any type.

Really, this individual just showed pics of a custom vending trailer, very custom vending bicycle, a pro-mod Mustang, a drag boat....and a hand built forklift and playhouse. Each one had different aspects of fabrication. Most of us may be able to handle one, maybe two forms of of what's needed, and at varying levels.

It doesn't make me at all ashamed of my skills, or lack thereof. If anything, it gives me goals and ideas.

Great stuff!

Travmon

Reaction score
Although these definitely eclipse anything I do, these are the things I love to see. It is the same reason I look at how they do stuff on the high dollar boats at DS, and I look at all the cars at the Grand National Roadster Show. Seeing how things are done, the level of detail and the effort involved. It, to me, gives you more respect for the completed item. It also gives you ideas or concepts, ways to overcome issues even, a person may run into on a build of any type.

Really, this individual just showed pics of a custom vending trailer, very custom vending bicycle, a pro-mod Mustang, a drag boat....and a hand built forklift and playhouse. Each one had different aspects of fabrication. Most of us may be able to handle one, maybe two forms of of what's needed, and at varying levels.

It doesn't make me at all ashamed of my skills, or lack thereof. If anything, it gives me goals and ideas.

Great stuff!
Dude you have nailed it. Way back in my youth i set out to build stuff as cool as Boyd Coddington and a few other top talent guys. I was very intimidated by they’re work yet wanted to achieve the same. They were the benchmarks that I shot for. I used to never post or show my work as i did not feel it was up to there par. Sadly my friends were always supportive and I really should have used them as my benchmark. I am self taught in all my skills as ive never worked anywhere. I am a buy the tool and eventually learn how to use it kinda guy. I encourage everyone who asks to just buy the tool, you’ll figure it out.

Travmon

Reaction score
This mornings mission, make 7 year old boy from the hood happy. When a little kid that sees me at the races ask to have a Toy Factory race team brandished bmx bike or two , I Step up and just say put us in the winners circle little dude. Winning or not I do realize where young thoughts are formed. Maybe i can be his Boyd Coddington.
A9EEFD89-5A9B-4A67-B9B8-51B37A1C3E37.jpeg